World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing with the devil (Leila)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dancing with the devil (Leila) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dancing with the devil (Leila)

Post  Leila Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:10 am

Sorayya smiled happily and nodded in approval at his last words especially. She had much more to say, ask and learn but she was pacified by the thought of shopping at Dolce & Gabana. The girl longed for a pair of killer heels to adorn her feet at the very least. Still she knew she had at least a few nights with Samuel and she'd very much intended to ask all of her inquiries at some point. So for now she looked out of the window and admired the beautiful and rich city in front of her. Never mind that she had only been "kindred" for two nights now and had been among the kine for 24 years. Sure she needed training in the new customs of this society and Tantra's method was well in short... brash. She was content regardless. Shopping was a favorite past-time of hers. She loved to spend as much of her father's money as she could manage and he never really minded much.

She watched him watching the city and wondered more about him and Tantra. After a few long minutes gazing she finally asked something.

"I've been given freedom of speech and now I've gone lost with what to do with it. I am curious however about yourself and my dark mother. How long have you each been kindred right? And has she always been that way?"

Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the devil (Leila) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dancing with the devil (Leila)

Post  Malakiel Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:24 am

With casual tone in his voice Samuel answered.
"Tantra and I, we are contemporary to each other sort of speak, still I didn't meet her until a few years ago, when I came to New York City to continue my research about The Tablet.

Spoiler:

All kindreds are made the same way, once we all were humans and someone came to offer us the Gift. I was an investigator when my Sire, the proper word to appoint your creator, came to me and made me what I'm now. She found me in Egypt while I was doing archeology. Tantra was embraced in Egypt as well, she was the best fighter among many who competed with her and because of that she was choosen.

At first there was some friction between us, but eventually as we knew each other, we found peace. Among Follower no conflict should interfere with our sacred duty."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Sorayya nodded along and thought for a while before replying.

"From what I know, the core of Set's Followers would be in my homelands in Egypt. How many other followers are there here in New York? And by sacred duty what exactly is it? I've come to understand that we are cultivating our inner darkness to serve the Dark Father, I know there must be more."
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Samuel though about the answer, it seems that he was mentally calculating to be precise in his math.
"In our home land we are counted by thousands...
Here in New York City is few of us, no more than a couple of dozens, not including our slaves, of course.

Our sacred duty...
Well that's really something to talk about. I see that my Dear Sister haven't lost her sharp sense of saying a lot with only a few words, 'cultivating inner darkness', what a simple way of saying everything we are...

I could explain it differently, even longer but no better than that..."
concludes with a giggle.

"Still, let me try to help you in your reflections.
Our very soul its divided in five parts, each have a function, much like our physical bodies. We have a head to think, a heart, arms and legs, and so on, in a very similar fashion our soul have parts that together conform our psychic self. One of these parts its the Shadow, our source, it can be represented as our most basic instincts of survival and desire... desire... what a powerful word, the strenght that guide us to achieve everything we want.

As you as an individual answer to a name, Followers of Seth are more than just a group. As our body, as our soul, The Clan its an entity compoused by its individuals. That means that our sacred duty as individuals can be scaled to our Clan's duty and even beyond that.

If you as an individual have a Shadow in your soul, what would be our clan's inner darkness?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Sorayya looked at him intensely contemplating his question and going through the lessons she has had.

"Well our clan's inner darkness lies in the shadows, showing and helping others to find the shadow in their soul. Like Tantra has done for me. It's what lurks in the shadows that feeds our clan. The darkest places where morals have no foothold and judgement lay spurn and beaten. Our darkness is used to create more darkness."

She doesn't look quite certain but she isn't questioning herself. She looks like she is still deep in thought, unraveling the many layers presented to her.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:28 pm

scene changed to Manhattan!
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2