World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dueling with Beasts (Star)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dueling with Beasts (Star) Empty Dueling with Beasts (Star)

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:30 pm

The Night was young when Rebecca finally got out of her new but still very luxurious room, he had chosen another set of fine cloth and most importantly of undergarment, perfume and had that self assuring feeling filling her with confidence.

The first to receive her of course was Harold the good butler who had taken care of her affairs and her every need in the last couple of nights. He bowed wishing Miss Garrison a fantastic night hoping that it would wash the slumber away quickly. Then he delivered a closed envelope containing a message from Sire Hell Song.

Last edited by Malakiel on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dueling with Beasts (Star) Empty Re: Dueling with Beasts (Star)

Post  Star Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:58 pm

Star awoke to the luxury of the room, again she felt the comfort of the smells and feeling of fine  fragrances and fabrics of her beding area. This always seemed to make Star feel comfortable and wake In a pleasant mood. She layed for just a few moments longer indulging herself in the feeling and smells of fine luxury before getting up for the night.

She thought about the prior night before, and hoped that Phillip was alright. She wondered if their experience together lastnight would change the way they interacted with each other.  She wondered if their metal concert date was still on, or if she had brought him too much pain for him to want anything to do with her.

She wanted to give this more thought but she had a duty to do 1st. She needed to get dressed for the evening and call her father as Lord Valentine requested. She did give her word she would do this 1st thing

She spent some meticulous time picking out just the right clothing for the evening for tonight was an important occasion in her unlife, she was determined to succeed at the test and make a great first impression to all that were to attend the duel.
Dueling with Beasts (Star) 2373412_472502

Star finished getting dressed and greated Harold warmly. So far he was truly the only mortal she didnt seem to hold some level of disdain towards .
Star with curiosity receive the note from Harold. She took a moment to open it right away.

Last edited by Star on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Dueling with Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Dueling with Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Dueling with Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Dueling with Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Dueling with Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Dueling with Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:29 pm

The message simply readed My Shining Star I'm on my way to the Chess Club XOXO.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:41 pm

Star smiled at the note, indeed her foresight to send her father a early message last night had played off. If she knew her father thevwayvshe did, no doubt he left the Bronx Zoo early and was well on his way here.

Star thanked Harold and asked him if he could get someone to look out for Sir HellSong's arrival and inform her when he does arive. While She was going to go inform Lord Valentine of the news that her Father was on his way.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Dueling with Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Dueling with Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Dueling with Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Dueling with Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Dueling with Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Dueling with Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 pm

Harold bowed and before Star left he said to her that Mr. Lawless has also left a message for her. Which he repeated to the entonation and exact words.
"I look forward to share some heavy metal with you tonight."

She left toward Lord Valentine's office with the customary check with the security at the front office. The Chess Master welcomed her in person. He was alone in his office at this point.
"Miss Garrison, good evening. What can I do for you?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:53 am

At hearing Phillips message star smiled biting her lower lip slightly as she was definitely looking forward to seeing him later on in the evening.

She looked to Harold.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Harold, if you could help me... I'm needed some "street clothing" ... I doubt that I'm going to find anything truly suitable with in the closet that's provided. so maybe you can help me.

I need Black jeans or a leather skirt. Boots, band shirt or T-top, maybe even a hoodie or black leather jacket.. Think Something along the lines of Hot-Topic meets  1980's Brujah. Hell a Gothic look would even do. I'm going to a heavy metal concert and I want to blend in.

If you could help me find something like that I would be greatful. If not, no worries. I brought with me some street clothing out in my truck. I can throw something together. "

She said then left him to go see Lord Valentine

Dueling with Beasts (Star) Skullb12

Miss Garrison, good evening. What can I do for you?"
Star bowed respectively to Lord Valentine
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Good evening Lord Valentine, thank you for seeing me. I bring news of my Father. Sir HellSong receved my message yesterday and left the Bronx early this evening,  He shoud be making his way here. With any luck he should arrive soon My Lord. I have asked Harold to instruct someone greet him and  to notifie me of my father's arivel.  "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:54 am

If you could help me find something like that I would be greatful. If not, no worries. I brought with me some street clothing out in my truck. I can throw something together. "
Harold inexpressive but yet polite expression was hard to read even for Star. He said.
"Of course Madam, I will be happy to find you some heavy metal clothing. While I'm at it, would you mind if I throw the outfits you got in the back of your truck in the incinerator? or to the laundry per haps?"

Inside his not obvious british accent and stiff composture it was hard to tell but it seemed or felt like a joke.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ VALENTINE'S OFFICE ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

" Good evening Lord Valentine, thank you for seeing me. I bring news of my Father. Sir HellSong receved my message yesterday and left the Bronx early this evening, He shoud be making his way here. With any luck he should arrive soon My Lord. I have asked Harold to instruct someone greet him and to notifie me of my father's arivel. "
Valentine smiled greatly.
"Very well Miss Garrison. Please join me to check on Count Hayworth's preparation of the duel."

When they got to the main arena at the center of the Chess Club Rebecca noticed that Lady Valerie was missing again. Along side the stables was a big concrete flat square of about fifteen yards on each side was laying horizontally over the ground with about a yard thick. Count Hayworth had set many weapon racks on each side of the square, all melee, from swords to tridents and so on, also defensive weapons as steel nets and shields.

Star remembered for a moment Hell Song's fight in the giant spider and his keen improvisation using every element in the environment to his advantage and started to imagine how many way could he imagine to use this many weapons against Brick and the combinations were terrifying.

The Count came to meet Lord Valentine leaving Lawless and the rest of his help to complete the remaining tasks. He bowed and said.
"My Lord Valentine the preparations are almost ready. Miss Garrison is a pleasure to see you again."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 am

Star gave a genuine chuckle at Harold's remark.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Hee-Hee yeah yeah I know.. "Dressing down"  isn't probably something the Kings do often Hee-Hee But I really want to fit In for the occasion. The luxury of the high society clothing would be very out of place. Besides I'm looking forward to roughhousing in a mosh-pit.

Honestly  I only own 2 outfits to my name, ...
No wait I have 3 now. My dad bought me a dress! So I guess my wardrobe is expanding Hee-Hee soon I might even need a suitcase to carry them all instead of a shopping bag ha ha ha
Though one is rittled with bullet holes, the other is a little dirty... But I guess still wearable if needed. I.. Um.. Have a very bad track record for destroying  clothing. Hee-Hee

Though I haven't experienced that bit of bad luck yet since being at the Chess Club... Unless I count last night and.... Well never mind..Hee-Hee

If its OK, I wouldn't mind giving the outfit a quick wash... Im sure when all "this" is over I'll need it against . Fairy tales can't last forever after all  hee-hee
"

Star said with a cheerful laugh and pointing all around her as she said the word "this". Implying all the splender and luxury of the Venture's hospataliry.

Star knew that when her "Kings training" was over she would be back out on the streets trying to survive, back to her old games  and selling drugs again to make a living. At least this time she didn't have to worry about buying food, only a suitable place to slumber during the day where she won't get attacked.  Until then she was going to enjoy the luxury or the Chess Club and Lord Valentine's hospitality for as long as it lasted. To which she expected wasn't going to be to terribly long.

Dueling with Beasts (Star) Skullb12

"Very well Miss Garrison. Please join me to check on Count Hayworth's preparation of the duel."

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Of course My Lord."
Star bowed to Lord Valentine and followed him out.

Star took observation of all the preperations the Court had displayed. A stray awkword thought caught her mind of a gladiator fighting a beast in a roman arena. Only it was her Father thought of as the Beast.

Star brought her hand up to rub her eyes and try to desmiss this thought. No doubt some Kindred who will attend this duel will think the same thoughts. It seems that the two Snobs from last night might have left a impression on star's mind on how some might view this duel. It made star feel dirty.

<no, my Father will show them that he has honor and integrity! He will show those Snobs that the Gangrels are is NOT just some animal.. I believe In HIM.!>

Star stood quietly observing all the preparations, and took note of Lawless helping out. She smiled softly as she watched him, only turning her attention to the Count as he Spoke.

"My Lord Valentine the preparations are almost ready. Miss Garrison is a pleasure to see you again."
Star bowed respectively
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" The Pleasure is all mine Count Hayworth, it is good to see you again. "
Star remained quiet after this to let the elders talk, unless she was addresses. Her gaze floated however every now and again to rest on Phillip as he worked..
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Harold nods appareantly grapsing Rebecca's idea just enough to twist it in a more suitable way for a Ventrue. He bows and goes back.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ VALENTINE ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The two elders started discussing about the honourable guests that will be comming to the Duel, the event of the year for some kindreds. The steps near to the fighting zone had two thrones the Chess Master with the typical chess king on top as ornament and another at its right for Seneschal William Randolph. Around were several VIP very comfortable chairs in three levels: the highest had one at each side of the two thrones, the second had five and the last at the bottom six chairs.

While they were at it Lawless made time to bow at Rebecca at the distance, he had this working out fit made of a black overall over a white T-shit, which in Star imagination was transparant, despite the lack of response of the rest of her body.

The tour around the facility was, as expected, very detailed. One comment did catch Rebecca's attention when Hayworth mentioned the escape of one prisoner from the dungeon as 'she just vanished in thin air'.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Star took inventory in her mind of the strange layout. Clearly the Ventrue seemed to really be into the ceremony and presentation and took their entitlement of the "kings of vampires" to a whole new level. This was going to be quite a show, and if her father performed poorly in front of so many eyes it would make the Gangrel's presence look like unkept Beast to which no doubt some ventrue already believe that they were.

Star pondered this thought though.
<if it was indeed Adams intention to make the Gangrel look  incompetent in front of the Kings, who is to say that Adam won't try this again in the Arena.
The Ventrue already don't hold the Gangrel in high regards....>

She thought and started to think strategically about the situation if she was in Adams shoes...

<now... If I was Adam, how would I play this out in my favor without showing myself to be an unhonorable little Cunt? >

<There is no way Adam can win against my father in a fair combat... This much is true... But as a Ventrue, Adam would not want to pull anything underhanded in front of so many watchful eyes... So... How would he win?.... What would I do?>

<Hummm know your enemy and use their weakness to your advantage... Adam would most likely try to get my Father angry....make mistakes.. Maybe even frenzy. Yeah.. That would show everyone watching that the Gangrel are just no better than Beasts as everyone suspected.>

< yeah...That's what I would do to win the fight... Find some way to show Ventrues superiority over the Beast by making them act like animals.

Luckily Adam doesn't know that my Father isn't quick to loose his cool. But that still seems like the best strategy... I will have to share my thoughts with him before the match, just so he knows what to look out for. The Gangrel must come out looking good with this event. They simply MUST.>

Star thought as her eyes rested on Lawless and her mind shifted to more pleasant things.

Star stood there watching him, she smiled as he took notice of her from a distance and gave him a silent nod hello. Though her eyes fixated on him as he worked slowly undressing him with her gaze.
Star felt and knew that her cold body didn't react physically to watching him, but more pleasant emotions were stirred up in her mind. She thought about last night, His expression, his smile, all of the chivalrous Behavior he has ever displayed towards her. It made her feel happy and warm Inside, and fueled her desire to want to know more about him.

She followed the Elders as they charted, leaving her thoughts of Phillip behind for now as she tried to pay attention on the conversation that was going on even if it didn't concern her.
Star took particular note of the Disappearance of one of the PoWs.

<Vanished??? Wait can ghouls do that?? I thought only the Uglys Vamp'rs could... Like Vermin?? >
This puzzled Star, she wanted to ask about it but didn't dare to interrupt the elders.   She already had a good idea of which PoW vanished. Most likely because nobody took her advice to watch the woman more closely, or restrain her in her Cell.
<nobody ever listens to me... Just a dumb fledgling dat' don't know nuth'n HA>
Star thought to herself and listened in on what she could hear from the rest of the conversation.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Valentine was sincerely worried about it, after all it was the Ventrue's responsability to take care of those ghouls and it was unexcusable to have lost them in his own house. In his mind he was looking for someone to blame, from the Seneschal to Brick and all other kindreds in between. Was any other ghoul compelled to let prisoners escape or something worst may be. This needed to be solved right away.

The Count continued to explain that all security cameras in the dungeon were active with no blanks or missing parts, no door was forced, not even the gate at the very cell was opened. No guard saw anything and there are no footprints or clues that would lead to understand what happened.

The interrogations already finished and the resulted empty.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Star was silent, she knew that if they had just listened to her to keep a visual human eye on the target at all times like she suggested this would not have happened. But elders seldom ever listen to the young. Unfortunately in hindsight she was correct, but if nobody would dare acknowledge it, they only wanted someone to blame. And she dared not interject at all or even question in the fear of that blame being cast on her or her Father.

<humm... Maybe the human just Vanished with that Discipline the Nos' use... Though she didnt seem to be a "pet" of the uglies ... Humm  that would mean other Clans could have that Vanishing power too>

<She might have Waited for the guards to open the cell to inspect that she was gone and walk out.. Could the Ventrue Thralls be that stupid?... Well they are just blood-bags after all..  So maybe... >

<Or maybe strange magics were afoot... The tremere could be involved... Though I doubt even after last nights raid the Warlocks would plan something as subtle as this in retaliation....>

<No this was a inside job... Adam didn't want to tell Lady Victoria of the ghouls odd behavior... Makes me Wounder who her master was... Maybe the idea of some Ventrue around here working with the Sword Isn't So far-fetched after all. It wouldn't be the 1st time the Sabbat had infiltrated spies  into the Cam.>

<but worse... What if this whole thing had nothing to do with the Sabbat..... What if the use of the Sabbat was simply a ploy, a tool to used to discredit the chess club and the Gangrel.… Lady Valerie did mention that there was strife inside the Clan of Kings became of two Leaders views clashing.  Could all this be part if it? >

Star pondered and looked at Lord Valentine, she fanged his concern over the matter and found him deeply worried.

<No doubt the blame for this will be his responsibility.... Someone is trying to sabotage the Gangrel and Ventrue  Alliance, undermine our Prince and make Lord Valentine and his Chess Club look  incompetent. Whoever could profit most from this is the most likely suspect. … and I don't think its the Sabbat. Though gathering proof of this would be nearly impossible task ... Only thing to do now is play damage control and hope to salvage the situation. Even if that means casting blame falsely to create a cover up. But would Lord Valentine be the type of man to do this??>

All of the bigger picture Star looked into was truly mind-boggling at all the possibilities. Indeed Lady Churchill was correct that Star was far to young and inexperienced in Vampire politics to truly grasp and understanding of the games being played. Still she found it all a little  intriguing with all the underhand back stabbing that seemed to go on. Unlike the Sabbat who would simply just kill someone to get rid of a problem, the Camarilla kindred seemed to dance a strange delicate web of deception and sabotage to sort out their business. Or maybe that was just Clan Ventrue compared to what she knew of the Brujah.

Star listened quietly, standing at attention A bit eager to hear more of the elder's thoughts on the Matter.

Star also found the fact that during the interrogation of the PoWs they were able to find nothing of Interest... This was strange to her
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:35 pm

The Elders eventually finished their talk and Count Hayworth went back to his duties. Lord Valentine then said to Rebecca in a very warm and kind tone.
"You were right Miss Garrison. That female ghoul was indeed hidding a dagger under her sleeve.

Please go to your father and let's try to handle this situation together. I'm sure that the Gangrels will be offended by our ineptitude, however, it's better to trust each other and see all this as whole."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Star was surprised Lord Valentine acknowledged that she was right. No one had ever done that before, save for her father sometimes. She felt honored that The Lord acknowledged her observation in such a way. Sadly the damage was already done and all they could do was try to salvage the situation by trusting each other and working together

Star wanted to bring to light her speculations on the matter, but now was not the time. She would talk with her father first and fill him in on everything, then together they could assess the situation and she could add her thoughts in if it was appropriate to do so.

Star bowed
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Thank you Lord Valentine, I will consultant my father and fill him in on the situation, then bring him before you to help in handling the matter. I'm sure together we with find a solution to resolve this. "
She bowed again and left the Vampire Lord's presents to walk back out to the lobby to wait for her father to arrive.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Lord Valentine dismisses her and by the time she is at the main entrance of the Club, Harold is already receiving Brian at the door. He was pleasently surprise to see his daughter so beautiful waiting for him.

He dropped his sack and opened his arms to lift her like a kid.

Then he picked up his sack from the floor and said smiling.
"I'm ready to rumble!"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Star embraced her fathers hug warmly, giving him a small giggle.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" god its only been a night but I missed you! "
She said hugging him.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" We need to have a chat before you kick some ass...  "
She said with some seriousness to her voice as turning to Harold ...

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Harold, is there a privet Room where Sir HellSong and I may speak uninterrupted. I have business to discuss with him, Lord Valentine's wishes.. "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Star followed Harold to a privet room to talk with her father.
Once alone she sighed heavily.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Damn I missed you... Some of these  Ventrue really don't think too highly of Gangrels. And are more then happy to voice their  prejudice.
  "

Star rubbed her forehead trying to think where to begin.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" God there is so much going on... Things kinda went from bad to worse with the  interrogation of the PoWs.
From what I could gather the whole interrogation trurned up squat! Nothing useful.
No only did we lose that one yesterday, but remember that Woman Thrall I warned everyone to keep a eye on. Well of course no one took my advice and she "vanished" from holding.

Now I think there's definitely signs of Foul Play at work. No one saw nuth'n supposably. No camera footage, no break inns... No nothing! Something isn't adding up.

I have a few theories I'd like to run past you if I could..
"

Star said pacing around the room in thought

Last edited by Star on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:06 am

Star continued to pace around the room in thought

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" OK dad, your going to want to set down and buckle in for this.... There is a lot I have been discovering and piecing together....

Personally I think its a inside job, the Ventrue have a some  underhanded sh!t going on in their house, and the blame for all this is falling back on Lord Valentine and his Chess Club..

Now, not to bring up clan buissnes, Ventrue buisness is Ventrue business, and Gangrel Business is Gangral business. And no I haven't said a peep about "the gangrel's after party celebration" to anyone ... That would have been rude of me and betrayed Lord Astor's trust in me for allowing me to witness the event  that lead up to the "after party"...
Which I hope went well...

but back on topic... Lord Valentine believes that it would be beneficial to lay all the Cards on the table and trust each other... I mean the Ventrue and the Gangrel. So I'm sharing a bit of our business with you that concern Clan Gangrel.

There are so many people within the clan of Kings who don't want this Alliance to happen, who would undermine our Prince and forgo any trust that our clans are trying to build just to preserve some since of "I'm better than you" bullish!t.

Now I am not sure if you are aware but right now Clan Venture is split in two So to speak. Their are two Lords fighting for control over the clan. Both pursue different objectives and different means of achieving them . I can only assume that this might be our Prince And the other i belive is our Clan's Primogen, though recent events have lead me to belive that the Seneschal  might have a hand in this aswell. I know I shouldn't make that assumption... But I feel that from what I've gathered from the situation I am correct. And their are others that feel this way as well...
Though I digress

This all presents a problem.... For the Ventrue and the Gangrel , especially politically.
Now I'm no politician, but I do know how to draw parallels And I have a understanding of politics on some level.
I figure this is a Giant vampiric pissing contest of egos, if you pardon me saying. Two kings both having their ideas on where to take their clan. You have seen this by the Ventrue Knights being held in inaction to defend the city and the Gangrels being called into command of them. I don't understand everything that's going on, but I do know that this has something to do with the Prince's orders about the Gangrels control of upstate and the events that have recently happened with Adam Brick.

Adam Brick is the Childr of Lord Randolph, I believe and they seem to have reason to want to corrupt this Alliance between the clans. Some Kings merely state that they are only placating our Prince and no such Alliance truly exist. They believe that the Gangrels are something referred to as a "Low Clan" and the Ventrue have no equals. Again more of this "I'm better than you" bullish!t.

They are looking for any excuse to prove that the Knights of the Kings are unneeded in modren nights and the Gangrels are no better then savage beast! This simply cannot be allowed.
"

Star said with a bit of fury in her voice, completely disgusted by this and those snobs views.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" This is why I believe that the disappearance of the Thrall was a inside job, its to fourth the blame of incompetence on the Chess Master and fuel the Gangrels into anger at losing yet another PoW.
As far as the "how's & why's" ... Still I am lacking the "how's", but I believe my speculation has pinpoint at the "Why's"... Still I have no proof. But Lord Valentine believes that if we all can work together we can find a resolution before any more damage is done to the Alliance."

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Now for the problem of this "honorable" duel..
Star said rolling her eyes."
This duel between you and Adam also plays a part in all of what I have said.... Let me explain..

This duel is thought of no better then a Roman spectacle of a Gladiator fighting a wild beast! Its revolting! In a fair fight there is no way Adam can win, you are far the superior Warrior. So I KNOW he will resort to treachery. But I'm assuming the little cunt is smart and won't do anything outright underhanded in front of so many watchful eyes.

He will try something though, perhaps to anger you, get you to act on that animalistic nature of the Gangrels... Get you to frenzy even. I don't know.
Something, fresh blood in the air, a outside influence to stimulate the Beast, Adam poking your buttons, I can't say... But you need to truly watch yourself.

This Duel isn't going to be about winning or losing, its not going to be about Integrity or honor. It going to be about them trying to get you to act like a Savage animal so they can hold that over all of our heads!
Not just the Gangrel, but The Chess Master and our Prince for placing the Gangrels in command.
So much political structure is riding on this duel...

Though HAY! I could be wrong and I'm just a stupid fledgling with wild ideas dat don't know nuth'n!

She said sarcastically

" I have been wrong before... But I also have been right! Can we truly afford not to be prepared for some underhanded sabotage to this whole operation? You're the one that's always telling me to be prepared for any situation... Look at all the angles , pick out the best strategy, know your opponent and anticipate their attack.
Well I'm anticipating.... I'm only asking you to listen to me, be prepared and bring what I say to Lord Valentine and help us stop this.

Star pleaded knowing that there was very little that she could do about this situation other than just give her suggestions and interpretation of the things that she has seen and heard.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:09 am

Brian was silent, listening, analysing, assesting every piece of information. Rebecca could take notice of his non verbal expression in each of the most interesting intel for him.

I think its a inside job
... Rolling Eyes

Lord Valentine believes that it would be beneficial to lay all the Cards on the table and trust each other
... Surprised

Prince And the other i belive is our Clan's Primogen, though recent events have lead me to belive that the Seneschal  might have a hand in this as well
... Shocked

Now I'm no politician, but I do know how to draw parallels And I have a understanding of politics on some level.
... Razz

this has something to do with the Prince's orders about the Gangrels control of upstate and the events that have recently happened with Adam Brick.
... Mad

Adam Brick is the Childr of Lord Randolph
... Shocked

Some Kings merely state that they are only placating our Prince and no such Alliance truly exist
... Mad

Gangrels are something referred to as a "Low Clan"
... Evil or Very Mad

Gangrels are no better then savage beast!
... Evil or Very Mad

incompetence on the Chess Master and fuel the Gangrels into anger at losing yet another PoW
... Evil or Very Mad

Lord Valentine believes that if we all can work together we can find a resolution before any more damage is done to the Alliance.
... Shocked

This duel is thought of no better then a Roman spectacle of a Gladiator fighting a wild beast!
... Mad

He will try something though, perhaps to anger you, get you to act on that animalistic nature of the Gangrels... Get you to frenzy even
... Mad

Not just the Gangrel, but The Chess Master and our Prince for placing the Gangrels in command.
... Evil or Very Mad

Well I'm anticipating.... I'm only asking you to listen to me, be prepared and bring what I say to Lord Valentine and help us stop this.
... Shocked

Things kinda went from bad to worse with the  interrogation of the PoWs.
From what I could gather the whole interrogation trurned up squat! Nothing useful.
... Evil or Very Mad

she "vanished" from holding...Now I think there's definitely signs of Foul Play at work. No one saw nuth'n supposably. No camera footage, no break inns... No nothing! Something isn't adding up.
... Evil or Very Mad

Brian finally said.
"This whole deal smells fishy...

There are three possible outcomes of this...

A. The duel happends
B. The duel is stopped
C. There is not duel at all.

If it happends, to its bitter end, I mean... There are just two posibilities, as they are two contestants that can win in this fight.

What reasons could be to stop it? Basically that you mentioned, one of the two is frentic and unable to fight honourable or engages in other despicable behavior that forces Lord Valentine to stop it, such as: humiliation, dismembering or torture.

Lastly, the least probable of all, the Primogen or the Prince shows up to order the Chess Master to stop this duel in William's Childe behave. However, is still a posibility."

He takes a second to say...
"If I'm declared winner of the duel they can still blame the Chess Master for throwing Brick to the lions, sort of speak. The Primogen would of course agree but no one in the Primogen Council would care about how Ventrue make their dealings and can't publicly go for that Low Clan bullshit... so it's their loss.

If I'm declared loser the Chess Master will bestow a Quest upon me of Randolph's design and make my existance miserable for a while. Also Brick will arise to be the great defeater of Hell Song.

That's all about scenario A...

To make me frenzy or frentic enough to start doing some shit, they would need more than just words. Ventrues can mess with people's minds. Not like Malkavians.... but still they are manipulate you supernaturally. Compelling me to misbehave is probably the best tactic but I won't be alone with any of them, so it would blow their attempt to do so quietly.

They must have a hidden card if they're expecting to do it Becca... which I don't know...

If I'm the one to misbehave, may be Adam will embarras himself that would be the complete defeat of Randolph and his schemes.

Now, talking about scenario C...

It's a matter between Valentine and Benjamin, so it takes us back to A or just a full stop."

He thinks for a while a million miles per hour.
"First I need to know what's their secret weapon, that ace under their sleeve. Then I'll need to make Brian frenzy and from there hope they would stop the duel or improvise a way not to destroy him for good."

Hell Song was so confident that he could do all these that Rebecca felt, for just a second, convinced of it, even without an explaination. Still she came back to worry not just about her father but about her Clan and the alliance between them and the Gangrel, which would make her existance more easier.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Star shook her head.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Why can't people just settle duels like normal people. Two guys beat the hell out of each other in an alleyway until one walks away the victor. Why does it have to be made into a political sideshow?

Jesus, you should see the setup they have for this dual . They've got Thrones! Fu*king THRONES , like king and queen style! Not only that they rows upon rows of these comfy chairs set up for all their guests AND they have A damn VIP section , probably going to have the whole thing catered with waiters waiting on people hand and foot. It looks like it's going to be the event of the damn Century out there. I fu*king hate it! They are making a gladiatorial  spectacle  of it all! Expecting you to act like an animal ! Its a FU*KING MOCKORY OF HONOR! "

She spat, getting a bit fired up.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"This isn't even about honor anymore it's not about what's right or wrong, it's not about Justice. This whole thing is a political game! And no matter the outcome they all don't look promising, because their narrative  can be swung anyway that they felt it needed. Because the outcome of this battle isn't important! Its a fixed game! Whether they do something physically to get you to f*ck or they run their narrative. Its a no win situation.
"

Star started pacing around the room again in thought.

Also Brick will arise to be the great defeater of Hell Song.
This pissed Star off
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"THAT LITTLE WORM DARE TAKE THAT TITLE UNHONORABLY!  NO! This is not a fair fight! If he does I will rip his spine out through his nose! I'll make him the spineless little coward he is!  How dare he try to smudge your honor!
Star growled with complete disdain for this man.

Star felt like she wanted to pound Brick into the pavement. Then she stopped and looked up at her father with a dark devilish expression.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" I got it... Its perfect."
She said starting to hatch idea and a political plan.
" let me fight Adam in your Stead!
Here me out...

I'm considered one of the "offended" by his actions yeah?... I was under the gangrels care, and The Great Hell Song is my Sire. So the offense was also directed towards me ...this is why I was going to fight lady Victoria. But now that's none the void, so I'm open to duel. Being a Ventrue its almost expected that I defend my family's honor, YOU are my Family.

You have the right to choose a  champion to fight for you. What better Champion would it be than your own daughter, a vampire on Adam's level. Politically it would seem that you're trying to make this a fair fight while still holding the honor of the Gangrel to this duel. Adam can't refused because if he does it makes him look like a coward to not want to fight a "lesser Vampire" ... I'm a antritibu remember. That way any "tricks" they were going to pull on you, the now can't!

Ha ha check mate bitch! Ha ha ha

We can use the excuse of The Disappearance of this Thrall to fuel your decision. You can say that that takes precedence because of Gangrel business and you have to investigate it with the Chess Master's security or what not... I don't know make something official up.

I'm sure that Lord Primogen Astor would be more interested in finding out what happened to this thrall then engaging in some pointless duel.. don't you agree?

Star said hinting that her father should call the primagen and inform him of the situation with the thrall before the duel takes place.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" the ventrue are not going to want to postpone this event because they're making such a fuss over it. Most of them are probably already on their way here as we speak.

You can say that you can choose a champion to fight in your stead while you investigate the business with the PoWs disappearance and you don't want to be rude because they went to all the trouble of setting this up. You can just simply let me fight instead I'm sure that Lord Valentine would allow it.

That way whatever political trapping that they tried to pull with the Thrall  Disappearance will be under minded. And it would seem that whatever they pulled was the reason that the fight was almost cancelled. It might even to suede these people from trying something like this again.

Besides I have a lot less to lose fighting Mister brick then you do. Let's disappoint a bunch of snobs and not give them their animal-sh!t show they want to see! We can turn this duel back to what it originally was intended to be, and honorable challenge.  I won't like your honor be taken advantage of in this way. Let me do this! For both of our honor!

I can't look at this as a fight anymore,  it's a political move... God damn they gona make a real Ventrue our of me yet ha ha ha its a perfect plan. No one will see it coming! They set themselves up for failure!  "

Star was very confident that her plan would work
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Brian smirks.
"You talk like they have the upper hand in this fight.

I can control myself, they can't make me frenzy that easy Becca. Besides you're not even a Gangrel anymore and the offense is to the Clan not to me personally."

He thoughts carfully about the other topic insisted by Becca, the Thrall disappaerance. Then he said.
"I give you that this Thrall thing smell fishy, actually I need to call Jez to let her know about this incident. Losing one of the Thralls is a major problem for the Ventrue. A problem that will fall upon the Primogen's face despite to whom his passes the guilt later. He's the representant of his Clan and he'll have to answer for that.

To me, that missing POW isn't in the same plate than this duel thing. I agree with you that this should be investigated properly. That's what I'm about to ask to Jez, to send Gabriel, he's our best hound."

Then stands up and before going to the phone he says to his daughter.
"Don't worry about your paps, I know what I'm dealing with."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pm

Star crosses her arms and pouts.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  If Adam wins by pulling any shit... And dares try to take the title of "defeating HellSong". Mark my words he will live to regret it.

I will personally make it my life mission to destroy him... Maybe not physically. ... 'cuz that would break Tradition 6. But I will stop aint nothing to un-make him. I'll ruin everything he stands for! Everything he has made by climbing on the backs of others.
And one day... Maybe years from now... When he least expects it.. I'll be there.  "

She said rather sadistically...

Star was very very annoyed at this whole thing. She was angry that the Ventrue looked at her father as a beast. It turned her stomach. Still if her father wasn't going to take her suggestions there was nothing that she could do. If only Astor had waited to release her from the gang girls accounting. Star was angry, she wanted to kill Adam, she wanted to kill something. The only solace that she took was that she hoped her father would indeed show this stuck-up snobs that he was not to be taken as some Animal.

Star took a mental break as her father made his phone call. She walked outside the room and headed passed to the lobby, walking into the cold night air.
She wanted to see the stars, a sight that always seemed to calm her mind.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Brian smiled at his daugher. In a way he was happy to have her on his side but he won't allow her to take a risk in his instead.

The Gangrel went to the phone while Rebecca went outside to see the stars. The cold autum night was masked by the lights around the chess club but still many of them sparkled in the sky. The cold breeze was chilling, something she could feel in her bone without major bother and her cheeks turned icy cold.

A few minutes later she noticed that Brian was finished, hangs the phone and goes back to the private room to wait for Rebecca.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Star enjoyed the night sky, letting the view of the stars wash over her and calm her mind. She took in a deep breath and exhaled it expecting to see the Steam of warm breath rise from her mouth. When she didn't, she was almost surprised.

<just another reminded Im dead>

she though silently as she gave a sigh and started to walk back in the building, fixing her dress as she went.

She entered the private room and close the door behind her looking at her father, wondering what the verdict was of his phone call
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Brian waited for Rebecca to enter and ask her to sit down.
"One of the kindred is missing too...

He is lost... just vanished in thin air... it's curious that Jezebelle used that exact phrase, isn't it?

During the capture of the raid all thralls and kindreds were identify and a record was made of each before moving them to any facility. From finger prints to photographs, except for that La Sombra girl, we have it all.

A guy unidentifed by name, with no criminal records and no finger prints in the system is missing. Jezebelle described him as forty years old, caucasian, thin and yet athletic complexion with blue eyes and dirty look."

He made a pause.
"They're sending a copy of his file to check on the Justicar's red list and to the Nosferatu's SchreckNet in case something pops out.

Before you ask, I do smell a connection but I don't know how this pieces stick together..."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next