World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess Master's move

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chess Master's move - Page 2 Empty Re: Chess Master's move

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:54 pm

The Count then turned quickly, almost too fast to see and made two swift attack against the closest wall, concrete and steel screaming under his now torned blade. The impacts were so powerful that debris of the wall hit hard against Rebecca's face making her flinch.

Hayworth was back in his relaxed position in no time making a formal salute to Rebecca as the duel was finished. Still he remarked the obvious.
"I was able to sense that you felt the fear of meeting final death in each of my thrusts. Do you know why you were unharmed?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 pm

"I was able to sense that you felt the fear of meeting final death in each of my thrusts. Do you know why you were unharmed?"

This was true, in the Sabbat Star was taught that each and every fight might be your last, you must face this truth every night, but never shy from it, only prepare for the inevitable.

Even the fear she held of her own demise was shown in her action, though unlike some she did not let this cause her to hesitant, only prepare for the final blow.

Star stood silent for a moment before answering.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Clearly Count Hayworth you are a skilled swordsman, far superior to a fledgling like myself. You practiced restraint due to me being a weaker Foe I'm assuming. "
she said pushing aside any thoughts of how easily the count was able to pick up on her fear and preparation of death, this behavior had become so ingrained in her it was simply reflexive action of hwr subconscious mind, as it was with most Sabbat. Truly he must know the training tactics of the Sword of Caine well.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Chess Master's move - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/20Chess Master's move - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Chess Master's move - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/4Chess Master's move - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Chess Master's move - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/7Chess Master's move - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:15 pm

" Clearly Count Hayworth you are a skilled swordsman, far superior to a fledgling like myself. You practiced restraint due to me being a weaker Foe I'm assuming. "
The Count negated with his head and said.
"If I had any doubts about my superiority I shouldn't be called your teacher. I'm trying to teach you restrain by showing it to you, to demonstrate rather and speak about it.

Takes more power to show retrain than to destroy with it. Now meditate about it.

Close your eyes and recreate in your imagination our fight, make it slow each thrust and move, learn from it. I'm not teaching you power over others but for you to control yourself...

Meditate..."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:45 am

Star listened to Count Hayworth speak, she remained silent and at attention, though she cocked her head to the side slightly as if in question.
Takes more power to show retrain than to destroy with it.//.
This idea was very contradictory to the things that she has been taught by the Sabbat.

Often Showing restraint over your power leads to hesitation, hesitation leads to death, this was one of the many lessons she was taught. Now Star finds herself trying to "un-learn" many things as she starts to take steps towards her new life in the Camarilla.

Now meditate about it// Close your eyes and recreate in your imagination our fight, make it slow each thrust and move, learn from it. I'm not teaching you power over others but for you to control yourself...Meditate..."  
Star gave pause and held a questionable expression on her face, this was the 1st time any one has ever asked her to mediate on anything, especially from someone trying to teach her about combat.

Star took a long breath, sucking un-needed air into her lungs and holding it there as her chest raised. Then she exhaled,  standing slightly more relaxed in her posture. This action wasn't done so much for the physical relief of tension, but more of the mental state she was in. Star still held her body in a state of expecting combat, and it was hard to break her mindset away from that, so she did this to try to focus her mind.

Star closed her eyes and tryed to relax her mind And focus on the duel that just transpired. She replayed each action, each movement, each gesture in her mind over and over again looking at them from different angles in hindsight as to what she could have done better. She thought about her flaw in speed and areas where she left herself open for attack.  her mine seem to focus on the things that she was doing wrong rather than the things that she was doing right.

In star's mind the counts words played over and over on a loop as she tried to discern the deeper meaning in them.

"Takes more power to show retrain than to destroy with it.//  I'm not teaching you power over others but for you to control yourself...Meditate... ""

<how is this showing me to control myself?... This is all just a performance, and act... a possible deadly one...  but still not real warfare Combat... I'm expected to preform a certain way and that's what I'm doing.>

<What am I supposed to be restraining??
Perhaps he thinks that I am just some Antitrib' hoodlum, but I do understand that just because you have power does me you should use it, there is a time and place for everything. Showing your true hand at the beginning of a game is no way to win it.>

<Im not a loose cannon, I have restraint! I have restraint over my self, my action, my emotions, I never do things on a whim or let my emotions guide me. I try to look at things logically, calm and rationally .. . so what am I missing? What is he thinking I'm not getting?>

Star thought as she tries to analyze the situation, she was calm and her thoughts seem to complicate and overanalyze things. Finally she spoke.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Count Hayworth, I have been trying to mediate on your statement about "it takes more power to show retrain than to destroy with it"
I do understand this concept from a few different angles. One is that you should never show your opponent your full hand, never let them know fully what you're capable of. This keeps them guessing and preventing them from anticipating your next attack.

Another is if you hold great power, you should never flaunt it, because it makes you look arrogant and that you are compensating for something you lack thereof.

Also showing your power over the week is not honorable.

It is easy to go full-fisted force on a enemy to kill them, but killing is not always the answer nor does it resolve a lot of problems without making more.
If you hold back the power of your true-punch you can determine how much pressure to display to knock out or cripple your opponent with out killing them or even hurting them to some degree.

This is what I believe you were trying to show me through your attacks. You being a master swordsman could have easily dispatched me, but you showed great restraint in your power over me and yourself that such force was not necessary to get your point across.

A raging flooded river is often devastating and hard to stop, though with the construction of a damn the built up pressure from the water can slowly be released, and used in a productive way to help cultivate the land rather than to destroy it"

She said creating a metaphor and trying to express that she has a grasp of what he was trying to teach her.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Chess Master's move - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/20Chess Master's move - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Chess Master's move - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/4Chess Master's move - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Chess Master's move - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/7Chess Master's move - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:10 am

I have been trying to mediate...
The Count listened attentive.
"Could you only try...?

To control my sword is both a matter of discipline and technique. To have Discipline means to control your emotions for your mind to do what you wish and use it as you use your arms or your weapon.

A true Knight has the option to use strength while a barbarian can only choose not to fight."

He moved two steps away and said.
"You told me you prefer words to solve problems before they escalated into violence. That's the premise for a kindred struggling within.

Tell me, how are you going to duel with words? How can you prevent this problem to escalate?"

He went into En Garde (prepare combat stance) and said
"Let's try again. Meditate"

Except this time he jumped right away into a flurry of attacks against her.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:42 am

Star listen to the Count's words, giving him her full attention.
A true Knight has the option to use strength while a barbarian can only choose not to fight."
Star raised a eyebrow at this and mulled over this concept in her head.

You told me you prefer words to solve problems before they escalated into violence. That's the premise for a kindred struggling within.

Tell me, how are you going to duel with words? How can you prevent this problem to escalate?"
Star looked oddly at the Count

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Count Hayworth,  the point of using words is to stop the aggression bulding in a someone before this point.  Words hold great weight, if you have a understanding of the opponent that you face you can use words to either dissuade them from attacking you, or cause them to advance.  

but we are far beyond that point, I am to duel. All I can do now is move forward and stay the course that is expected of me."

She said attempting to answer his question.

It was clear for the Count to see that Star's heart was not into the duel set ahead of her. She held no passion, nor really any emotion besides a bit of fear about dueling Lady V. To Star she was simply performing the task that was expected of her.
Though she did take this all very seriously, this was just another mission to accomplish in a long list of tasks.

"Let's try again. Meditate"
Star gave a nod followed by a soft sigh as she tryed to relax her mind to meditate.

Just as Star started to close her eyes, Hayworth attack surprising her. Her mind snaped sharply into combat mode, forsaking the calm and readying for a fight. Her mind screamed <its a trap> as she tensed up to receive the blows.

Star attempts to Dodge the attack.
Dex 3 + Dodge 2 = 5
Split dice pool for two actions 5-2=3
Star carried out 3 launched of one Chess Master's move - Page 2 10.1 (Roll.) :
7 , 3 , 8

Dodge again 3-1=2
Star carried out 2 launched of one Chess Master's move - Page 2 10.1 (Roll.) :
10 , 3
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:47 am

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Soak roll
Stam 4 + Fort 1
Star carried out 5 launched of one Chess Master's move - Page 2 10.1 (Roll.) :
4 , 5 , 3 , 5 , 9

Perception + Alertness roll
Star carried out 4 launched of one Chess Master's move - Page 2 10.1 (Roll.) :
1 , 9 , 5 , 8
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:38 pm

The fight sequence was very confusing for Star. The sudden attack with a rapid swing to her eyes was blinding and the split of the second he flinched was enough for the Count to dissapair. She turned around looking for him and just half a second later she found him comming from her back to knuckle the shit of out her chin.

Her first dodge was fortunate enough to just feel the cold caress of Hayworth torn blade moving her skin, close to her eyes but in the second she tried to dodge the handguard just to get in the way of the blade that was partially bent due to the damage against the wall and one twisted end found her shoulder slicing it clean with a deep bone expousing cut in her back.

The Count vanished again for a second she couldn't keep track of his movements and suddenly his voice at her back said with slow cadence to it.
"I wonder if you're going to convince my blade not to cut you. May be you'll disuade Lady von Baden to drop hers and let you win.

Violence is just a part of nature apprentice. There's violence in our way to talk, in the way we treat others. Humans have been making war since the dawn of humanity it's unavoidable the question is what we do in the face of violence. Do we lose our control and surrender to the Beast within? Or can we be true knights and act with honour? "
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Star gritted her teeth after being hit and made a small "oof" sound as she tryed to pull back.
Star took the hit and was slightly annoyed. He was much to fast and he was mocking her with his actions and words, yet she refused to get angry.
Anger clouds judgment, when your judgement is clouded you make mistakes, and mistakes lead to death.

Do we lose our control and surrender to the Beast within? Or can we be true knights and act with honour? "
<Knights?? What the fu*k is he talking about?  Knights are long since dead, this isn't Jolly-Old England>

Star stood still, preparing herself for another assault from her teacher. His words were being uses as a weapon to compliment his blade. Star knows the effect words can have on a battle all too well.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" I see what you are doing... But you will not provoke me to anger. To give in to such emotions is to already lose the battle, both that you face and the one with in.  "
She said calmly, waiting to defend.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:16 pm

" I see what you are doing... But you will not provoke me to anger. To give in to such emotions is to already lose the battle, both that you face and the one with in."
The Count bended his sword's tip until it broke to remove that twisted end. Then he studied the rest of his sword.
"...But Apprentice you're already losing the battle. What difference would it made?

This is about teaching you some things useful for your duel. Are you learning anything?

No? Then basically you're surrendering in your Duel with Lady Von Baden even before it started. What a shame, I must have you wrong, I never took you for a quitter.

Answer me this. Am I wasting my time with you?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32 pm

Star knew this tactic, everything the Count was saying was trying to provoke a emotional reaction in her. Whether the things he was saying we're true or not meant little.
But Apprentice you're already losing the battle. What difference would it made?
Star remained calm as she spoke.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" oh Count?.. I though winning or losings was not important here. i thought it was more imporatant on how one conducts themselves,  to act honorable rather than seek glory?!"
She said in a polite way

No? Then basically you're surrendering in your Duel with Lady Von Baden even before it started.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" You say that I have already surrendered to Lady Victoria,... How so?
I simply have taking time to judge and assess my opponent. Lady Victoria is stronger than I am. It is foolish for me to do battle with her on an even playing field. I am a fledgling, she a respected and experienced kindred, the odds are clearly staked against me. But you would rather have me delude myself into thinking I could win??

I have been told this duel is not about winning or losing... Its about proving a point.
I might be doomed to fail  against her, fine. All I can hope to do to show honor in my Inevitable Defeat. "

I have waged the possible out comes of this battle in my mind. If lady Victora wins, what has she proven? That she is better then a weak fledgling ? Big deal! Evertone already knows that.

If I do win, it will disgrace my opponent for losing to someone far weaker then she is. Earning me a enemy, that will most likely harbour spite twords me, this duel isn't a matter of strength, it's a matter of principles! I get that.
This isn't about ME or who is better.
What I need to do is show that I have honor and not treat my opponate in a way that would bring  embarrassment to her. It needs to be handled delicately. This is why I'm interested in the proper way to handle myself, and not give in to these emotional mind games to are playing Count.

What a shame, I must have you wrong, I never took you for a quitter.
Answer me this. Am I wasting my time with you?"
Star calmly shook her head.
<oh is he seriously calling me a quitter and trying to push my buttons to get me angry?>
Star looked at the Count, and her feelings of annoyance and anger started to fade as she controlled herself to feel only what she wanted, pushing aside all feelings.  what was left behind was the cold-heartless, lacking all empathy..
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" I cannot determine whether or not you are wasting your time Count. But I do know these tactics to Insight anger and rage Within Me by your actions and words. It will not happen, I am not a slave to my emotions like some Brujah, and I do not succumb to my instincts like a Gangrel.
I might not have the 1st clue what it means to be a Ventrue, but I know its not letting myself be ruled by my emotions. So no matter how you push me, I refuse to give in to anger. I am no stranger to shutting off my emotions, its one of the 1st lessons we are taught in the Sword, When to feel and when to act. Anger and Rage are powerful tools, but Feelings are not Facts. Instead of acting in anger I will assess every situation logically, and not act of feeling.  "

Star paused.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" while all i said maybe true, prehaps I'm not understanding the chosen methods in what you are trying to covay Count Hayworth. "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:46 pm

The Count smiled and said.
"You're making the first mistake all Fledgelings do. You think you know something and you're right about anything."

The Master of Knights gets En Garde says.
"You're thinking as a loser and you won't earn Dignitas just by presenting your excuses Apprentice. You're not losing the duel, you're losing yourself and the point of this practice and that's very important."

Hayworth had now half of a sword to fight against Rebecca still he was moving confidently towards. The remaining tip of his sword moving around in big circles as he was approaching. His other open hand was backwards just hanging in a resting position. While with each step forward his right foot stomped the ground as a drum.

Right before the fourth step went down his whole body jumped ackwardly to the left while his right arm was still extended directly the sword to her throat. Rebecca saw death flying right at her.

Last edited by Malakiel on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:38 pm

You're making the first mistake all Fledgelings do. You think you know something and you're right about anything."
<yeah people have been telling me that a lot lately >
Star thought as she raised a eyebrow at this statement, not disagreeing with the Count.

You're thinking as a loser //. You're not losing the duel, you're losing yourself.
This hit her slightly harder then she had anticipated.
Could he see past her exterior and see how she really sees herself?... <"Nonsense" >she thought. <I'm just trying to be logical about this>

As the Count moved confidently towards her she was puzzled why he was continuing to want to duel with a broken weapon.

When the Count lunged forward in such a manner and she felt the threat of death coming, the fight in her seemed to be fueled. Instead of fully doddging Star drew her blade upward to meet his broken blade in a perry. Star took advantage of the fact that the Count  had lost half the reach of his weapon, and she made a swift attack to his face with the extended blade.

Star's eyes held determination as she was not willing to just sit back and lay down in defeat. If death was coming, then she would greet it with a kiss and die like a warrior.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:37 pm

The Count's strange attack barely touched Rebecca's sword turning it sleightly up to release it from his right hand letting it fly swaping hands mid air with an extraordinary coordination. His left hand took the sword and while he turned around trying to use his knuckle to slam Rebecca in her forehead while the edge of the sabre was pointing down from the previous manuever.

Rebecca's attack attempt was at the same time parried while sparks went out of both blades colliding.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:04 pm

As the sabors hit Star locked  eyes with the Count, her eyes didn't hold anger but determination. She defensively made evasion  maneuver with her body in a swift motion attempting to sidestep away from the on coming attack to put distance between them, before she would take the opportunity to attack once again.

Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Hayworth stayed very closed turning around Star walking with her not letting her separate from him. While in this close combat movement he started to throw several slicing swings with his sword. For Star was unconfortable to move freely as her sword was know too long to wield properly.

The blade was getting closer and closer and their speed was increasing by the second. The wound in Rebecca's shoulder was a high price to pay, making painful and clumsy to move the blade. Still their speed was matched but his technique and experience was far more advance and sublime.

One more step made her fell backwards and him to stop on his tracks to point his opponent with his broken blade.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:12 pm

Star did her best to match the Count's attack as she was trying to ignore the pain of her injured state,  but alas her speed and skills were not enough. Star definitely felt that she was out of her element with this sword play stuff, though she tryed to adapt and give it her best. Even though her best was still not good enough, she wouldn't give up.

Star staggeted back, falling with a "oof" to the ground, Her shoulder stung, causing her some movement trouble and  by the time she righted  herself she was staring at the broken part of the Count's blade. She had been defeated and the pain in her should was the only thing to comfort her to the fact she was still in the world of the living....At least for the moment.

Star's eyes followed along the broken blade to its helt and than to the man that wielded it. Even with a broken weapon he was able to best her, to Star though this was not super surprising, though she found the fact he had not struck her unconscious or dead yet a bit perplexing.

Star meet the Counts eyes and said only two words between the pain she was in.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" I yield "

Star's gaze did not leave the Count's, and she fully expected to feel the broken blade pierce her skin, bringing her one step closer to Final Death.
She looked up at him and said softly...
▂▂▂▂STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" So are you going to kill me... Or should I get up and we start again? ... I mean assuming  you don't feel you are wasting your time With me"
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:37 am

Count Hayworth offered his hand to the antitribu, helping her to stand up. Then while walking down the rack to get another sword he said.
"For a moment you seemed to have your heart in the fight but still you won't try to defeat me.

This time you have the excuse that I'm of course the Master of Knights, how could you win? With Lady von Baden you have the excuse that she's an Elder by magic that means she is too powerful for you. What about the rest?

You could never brake your defensive stance, even if your existance depends on it. You're just afraid of the next strike and you don't trust your resillience, you don't trust to be able to defeat the opponent before it defeats you.

I can teach you the techniques to do so but you have to stop being afraid on your own."
he smiled.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:19 am

Star took the Count's hand and allowed him to help her get to her feet once more.

Star remained silent as the Count spoke and she reflected on his words.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" You are absolutely correct in your assertion of me, fear is a part of my existence, I fight passionately when I feel that my life would be threatened and I risk final death, this much is true.
There are very few things in my existence I hold in high regards, and among them myself is not one.

I have grown to accustom to living my nights in fear. In the Sword we are taught to face the enemy with out fear, for what we stood for was supposed to be greater than ourselves. I admired that. But each of us knew that every battle we partaken could be our last. That we should face final death with out fear..... But in truth I'm afraid to die."

She said softly, diverting her eyes and admitting the truth to herself. Something Star really doesn't like to do.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" We were told lies and the elders used us as weapons in their war. Not one of us trully mattered. I was created for the sole purpose of cannon fodder, my life Stripped Away and taken from me. I never had a choice.

My Sire, HellSong of Clan Gangrel gave me the choice to live my unlife another way than what I was destined for. I have seen and experienced much in these last few nights, but that fear is still there. Fear of losing everything, and myself.

in my human life some one once told me that "Fear keeps us from seeing the beauty in the world". I believe these words to be true, for in my nights living in fear I have seen nothing  beautiful in the world, only my fear preparing me for the inevitable end of it all.  I'm not sure how to live any other way.
 "

Star paused and looked at the count.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" My heart and passion has not been in this battle.... I'm trying... This isn't something that comes easy to me. Perhaps I have been beaten down and broken too much, and climbing back up is quite a formidable task. But I am not a quitter! I WILL not fail. I might stumble and fall along the way but I know I can become better then I am now.  "
Star said with great confidence stirring passion within her, she moves her arm around feeling the pain in her shoulder and starts to heal the damage.

Star paused and thought deeply about her actions and the Count's words. The Count was some how able to see through her like glass, which made her think about her flaws in hindsight, and decided to do something about that. She didn't want to live in her fears any longer,
▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" birds don't just fly, they fall down and have to get up and try again. No body learns with out getting it wrong.
She said with a smile

▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" I won't give up and I won't give in till I become better then I am. keep moving forward even if I'm going to fail. I'll get up again and try again..
Star started to try to move past her fear of failure realizing the only way that she was going to make anything of herself was to push yourself past her fear.
" I might stumble and fall along the way, hell I'm not that graceful. But as long as I'm falling and stumbling forward I'll be OK. Any movement twords my goal is progress. I just have to stop beating myself up so hard, there's plenty of people out there willing to do that for me Hee-Hee.
She said with a confident chuckle
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" So... Shall we Start again Count? I think I'm ready to try to give it me all. "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:35 am

Hayworth smiled and said.
"I know the Sabbat, in truth you went forward just by fear of what your Elders might do if you turned away. Here that reason, that fear of being destroyed by disobedience is not obvious like in the Sabbat and you feel to have only the threat in front to fear.

When Fear strikes you repeat this:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

When your mind is only yours, you'll find peace."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Star looked to her teacher and took in his words.
Not only as  suggestion, but as a order.
She closed her eyes and repeated his words in her mind like a  mantra, reporting them again and again until she memorized them and they sunk in, until she could call upon them effortlessly.
She focused on their meaning and would use his words to guide her through the same as she has used her father's words to give her strength in her time of need.

She finally looked to the Count with a soft smile.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Thank you, I will take these words to heart and face my fears and challenges to come. I will not let my emotions rule me. I'm one of the Kings after all, if I can't govern myself, how can I ever hope to do so to anyone else.
I need to stop looking at myself so lowly, and have confidence in myself to over come any challenges that I might face.
I might not always succeed, but as long as I give it my all I will not fail myself. "

She said with a smile, being greatful for the Count's teachings. A small bit of pride and self-esteem within the Ventrue Antitribu started to sprout like a planted seed, what it would grow into eventually only time could tell. But the seed had been planted and it started to grow.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Count Hayworth went from smiling to serious. He said.
"Very well. Let's practice."

His eyes went wide open, his mouth open slightly and a roar started to grow from within until it was audible.

Fear like she had until felt in extreme life or death situations striked her. Even her beast jumped scared, frightening from the horrid visage of the Count. Looking at him was unbareable, he suddenly became the personification of fear.

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Star's eyes widened and a look of shock crossed her face, she had never seen such a sight, and the sudden change in the Count sent shivers of fear down her whole being.
<WHAT THE F*CK???>

Star backed up a few more steps then expected and clinched her eyes tight to ground herself.
<NO ! DONT GIVE IN! FACE IT!
DON'T LET IT RULE YOU! IM A KING! I WILL NOT COWER! >

She shouted in her mind as her eyes piped open and she forced her gaze upon the Count.

"Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear....I will permit it to pass
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."

Star repeated the Counts words in her mind, giving herself the order to obey them. She gritted her teeth till she felt the strength return to her limbs, and she raised her sword with a determined grin, taking her battle stance.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Let us begin!  "
She said letting herself rise above her fear and facing him ready for combat.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Willpower roll
Star carried out 5 launched of one Chess Master's move - Page 2 10.1 (Roll.) :
2 , 10 , 8 , 3 , 2
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next