World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Car ride home (closed)

2 posters

Go down

the Car ride home (closed) Empty the Car ride home (closed)

Post  Mad-Wolf Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:05 pm

As they drove Maddy looked out the window and watch the Asylum disappear into the night. She was completely relaxed and had inner peace with her other selves  for the first time all night. All of them seemed relived and happy for the most part.

Maddy smiled at Roger..
Thank you... Thank you again and again.. Hee-Hee.
You saved me...

She said in a slight up beat cheery way.
I have never seen you so upset .. You have a monster inside you too huh... That's part of our curse.
She said  looking at Rogers still broken car interior.
I felt your anger... Your pain... I can't explain it. But I heard you..... I heard you in my head along with Bard's voice... But.. I couldn't understand what was being said. Everything was so loud. Like a thousand people laughing at once. That calm Roar of the crashing waves of voices that is usually there was like a Title Wave of Madness. I felt your pain. I felt your sadness …it called to me. I couldn't let your face that alone.

She looked at him holding love mixed with fear in her eyes
Are you going to get in trouble for what you did for me?

She paused again and looked out the window at the passing night scenery
Roger... That man... Eliah... I think that was his name.. Was that really his wife in that room?
A normal?... He is a vampire right... Like a really really important adventure one...right?

She said confusing "Venture" for the word "Adventure"
That was the reason for all the serurity he brought with him.... He is some one super important... I can't remember quite what Bard called it...
Maddy thought for a moment..
<Darling, the word you are looking for is a Prator>
Madame M chimed in trying to be helpful.
Oh Prator.. Yes thank you.
She said out loud and looked to Roger.
So what is a Prator...
And what's Sabbath.... I can't imagine that everybody is up in arms over Black Sabbath? I mean Ozzy really hasn't been that relevant recently In music... you know since this new reality TV show.

She gave a little chuckle...
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

the Car ride home (closed) Empty Re: the Car ride home (closed)

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Roger was more calmed now as he left the asylum things were back in place. He continually looked at Madison smiling at her, still awed to have her by his side in Eternity. He listened her expresions of love for him and wished in his heart that it was indeed true love and not the bloodbound talking.

Title Wave of Madness
"Waves of Madness... we Malkavians live in a sea of madness my dear. We all float alone, trying to survive and what conect us is that sea. When anyone make waves you feel them coming and going, that's what we call the Malkavian Net. As we learn to control the waves we make and feel the shape in those casted by others, we learn to communicate. When you're ready I'll teach you how."

Roger... That man... Eliah... I think that was his name.. Was that really his wife in that room?
A normal?... He is a vampire right... Like a really really important adventure one...right?
"Yes dearling, he is a Ventrue another vampire clan and yes he is very important, Prator means he sits in the table where the big decision of his clan are taken, also that he can judge and say."

He made a pause and said.
"Malkavian and Ventrue are vampire clans of the Camarilla. Also Brujah, Gangrel, Nosferatu, Toreador, and Tremere. All seven signed an old accord called The Convention of Thorns, a peace treaty from almost five centuries ago that we still honour. Meant to keep peace with mortal humans.

However, Camarilla is not the only vampiric faction. Those that oppoused the Convention of Thorns call themselves Sabbat and also there are diferent factions that have a different opinions on the subject. Some believe that there is no need for a controlling organization to shepherd the kin and protect them from the dark forces that works against them, those are called Anarchs. There are other groups, scholar that doesn't care about humanity's fate and just wish to study it, called Inconnu in search for redemption to be human again.

Still there are Malkavian outside the Camarilla. we call them Antitribu because they have betrayed our Clan and their oaths. Still at the end of the night they're also our sibilings, just the ones we don't trust."
he said.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Maddy's love for Roger was indeed true, though both were unaware that the power of the vitea would never be able to imprison her into false emotions of love. Her true love for him will always be the greatest strength she holds in this dark world.

we learn to communicate. When you're ready I'll teach you how."
Maddie was completely excited about this.
Wait... we can talk to each other...??? Like with our minds?? .... like telepathy?.... No cell phones needed??... OH MY GOD THATS SOOOOO COOL! ♡
So every Malk....Malk-cav-en  can do this ? So cool.
What else can we do?
she I asked excitedly, eager to soak up whatever he tells her like a sponge.

She sat wide eyed and eager, like a child ready to learn from a teacher. For once her inner personalities were all in unison, eagerly listening and willing to learn. Though they each seem to have their own reason for paying attention. Whether it was like Madison who wanted to gather information on the world they found themselves in to become better able to survive, or Madame M who thought that this information could be useful in the future for personal gain and learning who are the important players in the world is always beneficial to coming out on top. Then there was Wolf who was paying attention mostly because he wanted to size up his possible enemies or threats, using this info  strategically a way to bring them down.
Regardless of their reasons they all set at attention as Roger spoke.

Malkavian and Ventrue are vampire clans of the Camarilla. Also Brujah, Gangrel, Nosferatu, Toreador, and Tremere.
Oh my god.. There are so many... How many vampire are in NewYork?
.. Hell how many are in the world?

She quested in sheer awe at finding this out.

So this Cam-armadillo..-aredilla?.. Is like a group of Vampires made up of all diffrent kinds of vampires that protect people from other Vampires?
Because these .. Sabbath vampires want to... ??
What... Control the world or something? Make the normal humans into mindless brain washed sheep?... 'cuz if that's true well... They must own the TV networks ... cuz societies already there...

She said trying to make a light-hearted joke

So wait... there are these three groups right..
The Camo-rilla  , the Sabaths ... And the Anarchy guys... And everybody fights in like a secret War? Because that's what it kind of seemed like from what I gathered from everybody back at the asylum.
Everybody was freaking out about how dangerous is Sabbath guys were.... and why they would be interested in Eliah's wife....

<oh Darling .. Ask Roger if he thinks its a power play?… >
<a power play?>
<how so?>
< well that Margaret person was Elijah's wife. Elijah holds a very important political position in the structure of this Venture Clan. If I was Sabbat I would find some sort of liability or chink in the Man's armor ... And attack it.... Always hurt your enemies loved ones  if you can't hurt them directly >
<that makes since>
Maddy paused as she listened to them.

Roger... do you think they attacked Margaret because of a power play? She is the wife of a very important man right? Ummm... What better way to get to your enemy then to hurt their loved ones?

there are Malkavian outside the Camarilla. we call them Antitribu because they have betrayed our Clan and their oaths. Still at the end of the night they're also our sibilings, just the ones we don't trust." he said.
So.. These Antitribu are family still... But like the black sheep... like the kind of people you don't invite home for Christmas dinner... Got'cha...
But what did the do to betray the Clan? And can they also talk to us in our mind??
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:06 pm

Wait... we can talk to each other...??? Like with our minds?? .... like telepathy?.... No cell phones needed??... OH MY GOD THATS SOOOOO COOL! ♡
So every Malk....Malk-cav-en  can do this ? So cool.
What else can we do?
Roger just smiled and said. "When you're ready to be more disciplined I'll teach you."

Oh my god.. There are so many... How many vampire are in NewYork?
.. Hell how many are in the world?
"Those are only the seven clans that signed the Convention of Thorns there are many, at least thirteen that survives until this night. The others are our enemies my dear in a war Sabbats call Jyhad, their holy war against those opposing their desire to rule humanity as their cattle and nothing more.

Anarchs are involved in the war, serving their own and caring about none. They only conquer territories and thrive. They care not about their peers, not about the humans in their cities, just want to survive and be left alone in their own businesses."

Roger... do you think they attacked Margaret because of a power play? She is the wife of a very important man right? Ummm... What better way to get to your enemy then to hurt their loved ones?
"There is much I don't know yet about this subject. As you might realize already we vampires live in an eternal lie. Prevaricate is how we survive, we keep secrets, specially our own existance from the public. They must never know about us for our own sake.

This scheme might be only in part true, it might be enterely one lie or several meant to misdirect many from their path for truth. The only thing I know is that Eliah doesn't have a wife and even more wouldn't marry a mortal. He is nihilist and doesn't belive in love, at least not to others."

So.. These Antitribu are family still... But like the black sheep... like the kind of people you don't invite home for Christmas dinner... Got'cha... But what did the do to betray the Clan? And can they also talk to us in our mind??
"Our Elder, Camilla Banes represented our Clan in that event in Thorns. My Sire met her and he told me that after the Inquisition tried to destroy all Kindreds and the Anarchs almost destroyed our Elders, there was a Gathering, the Malkavian expoused their reasons to partake in the Camarilla project and Oath to protect our lineage, our kind. Antitribu don't honor that oath and undermine our efforts.

You see, Sabbats are sworn to take down The Camarilla and prey on mortals as they pleased. Their alternative was already proven wrong by the Inquisition, mortals will fight back and they will win. Our only real option for survival is to blend and hide in the dark.

Anarchs hate the control of the Eldest over the Youngster. Their alternative was already proven wrong in the Anarch Revolt, at the end Elders are powerful and power preveils, even in their surprise attack on Elders, even with the numbers they still lost but our kind was weaken and mortals almost extinct us.

Camarilla on the other hand is succesful, it thrive and more importantly all nations under its care are powerful and prosperous, while cities and nations under Sabbat or Anarch control are chaotic and corrupted, decaying night after night. Our method works, our Kindred are more capable of surviving in this world than any of theirs, we will prevail."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 am

When you're ready to be more disciplined I'll teach you."
Roger could tell that this made her extremely happy.
I will then be more disciplined then... I want to learn all I can about what we are and what we can do.
She said happily

Those are only the seven clans that signed the Convention of Thorns there are many, at least thirteen that survives until this night. The others are our enemies my dear in a war Sabbats call Jyhad, ?//

Maddy nodded and became fascinated by this.
Jyhad?... sounds Middle Eastern...
Does this mean you are a member of the Camarilla?
And... Am I?
So... Does that mean we Are  expected to fight?...
If this is a war... Have you fought against the Sabbat? Have.... You.. Um.. Ever killed anyone?

She asked curiously with some hesitation in her voice. To her she could imagine Roger ever hurting anyone, but she saw a side to him this evening that made her question this.

// we vampires live in an eternal lie. Prevaricate is how we survive, we keep secrets, specially our own existance from the public. They must never know about us for our own sake.
Maddy gave a little nod.
A Eternal lie?  You mean that we have to lie to normal people about being Vampires... Yeah.. I can see that... I don't think most people can handle the truth... especially if there is some kind of vampiric War taking place in their backyard. Humans will just get hurt and get in the way. Or worse target the wrong group of vampires and try to kill us.
Question.. how can you tell what group a vampire belongs to... Is there some kind of flag or symbol they carry... or is it just something that you've learned over time to pick out in a crowed..., like do they have tells. Like a Feeling or the way that they hold themselves or something like that. I'm sure it's not going to be as easy as what color uniform they wear or what ethnicity they are like in human War.
she said pondering this

Do they want to kill us?… do we need to kill them? I thought Vampires can't die 'cuz we are already dead. Well unless we get barbeque in the sun right?  Do we have any more vulnerabilities? Like garlic? Holy water? A stake through the heart? I asked this before and he said that the stake through the heart only paralyzes us it won't kill us... This is true ya?... Still sounds damn painful.. Heehe
She said with a light hearted laugh

The only thing I know is that Eliah doesn't have a wife and even more wouldn't marry a mortal. He is nihilist and doesn't belive in love, at least not to others."
Maddy's expression turn to shock and horror
What?? .. Oh no... Then he was right! She is going to be killed! Oh that poor woman... Damn it.. I should have tryed to do something..
She said feeling powerless about it all
<I hate to tell you Kid'o.. But I told ya so... That girly is good as vamp food.. Maybe that Eliah  guy  has a taste for  car crash victims.. People for their kinks man >
<This is true ♡>
<Wolf be nice>
<what??... Its the truth.  Besides its just some random human... Maddy is just a freaking bleeding heart. I bet she cries when a puppy gets kicked

Hay who is kicking puppies???
Maddy blurted out, as if talking to some one randomly
/ Sabbats are sworn to take down The Camarilla and prey on mortals as they pleased. Their alternative was already proven wrong by the Inquisition, mortals will fight back and they will win. Our only real option for survival is to blend and hide in the dark.
Maddy nods In agreement,
I remember reading about the Inquisition. I was a horrible time in human history I guess not just for the vampires but for everyone. I agree that hiding and blending in would be the ideal option. But how do we do this?
And don't some people already know about us? Like the people back at the asylum? They seem to know about us and we're comfortable? ... well a little scared when the Primogen Bard, Eliah, Mr. Haqum showed up. But I'm assuming they were nervous because of all of the military SWAT guys with the guns.

Camarilla on the other hand is succesful, it thrive and more importantly all nations under its care are powerful and prosperous,
wait... The Camarilla control nations?
Holy crow! This whole thing is so much bigger then I could ever imagine. But if everybody's in a constant state of War how in the world are they keeping it a secret from everyone?

Our method works, our Kindred are more capable of surviving in this world than any of theirs, we will prevail."

Well of course... The Camarilla are the good guys right?... So yeah of course they will win.
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:41 am

If this is a war... Have you fought against the Sabbat? Have.... You.. Um.. Ever killed anyone?
His eyes turned sadness blue and said with almost a whisper.
"For love I killed you. I hope one night you will forgive me, my dearest."

Making his long story short not in the mood to have long talks at least not now, as he realized he just took what he had given but this time in exchange of something else, Eternity. <Was I right to do so?>

"Is a war, no shortcuts, no mercy, no friends outside the Camarilla. Some will try to deceive you with false promises, others will only offer brutality and hate but at the end those are the most honest. We exist in a World of Lies. Never speak unless you know you can trust the only ones listening are the ones you choose. What happend tonight with Eliah must never occur again, I different circumstances I'd have to punish you to prevent retaliation from the Clan.

In this war we can be put down with a stake through the heart, immolation, severed head, desintegration, famine of blood and many kinds of supernatural weapons. Our enemies will use any and all those to harm you or to get me through you. Remember that."
his tone made present the feeling of dying by each of those horrifying methods accompanying every word with a gesture.

And don't some people already know about us? Like the people back at the asylum? They seem to know about us and we're comfortable?
"Yes my dear, we have choosen some mortals to trust our secret. We have prepared them for it, sometimes for years before telling them the truth but its not an easy task."

wait... The Camarilla control nations?
He laughts a little and replies.
"Does anyone controls this nation? Of course not my Love, not the government, not us, no one is in control. Control is an illusion, that's what makes Anarchs to be wrong from the start. Power is the key.

We're a Power in this nation as there are many, most times those forces agree. On keeping the secret of our existance to the public, for example. In other times we struggle, each pushing the scale to their own benefit. In other nations The Sabbat holds more power than we do but everytime a territory is conquered the rest of the powers conspire to take it away or destroy it if they can't have it."

Spoiler:
"We, you and me are good, The Clan is good because will keep us safe, The Camarilla is good for the same reason but don't let the appareance deceive you sometimes we use horrifying methods to do so.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:23 pm

His eyes turned sadness blue and said with almost a whisper.
"For love I killed you. I hope one night you will forgive me, my dearest."
Maddy saw the sadness in Roger's eyes, it pained her. She didn't understand what exactly he meant by killing her and why would bring him great sadness.
To her she was still alive... Kinda.
She did not recall dieing, She only had brief memories of the fire that Roger was consumed by and her reaching out trying to save him. But that couldn't be true even if he said that it was. He did say he was a bit delusional at times. How could both of them have survived the fire and yet they did.
Maddy sat confused though she did not press this issue she simply put a hand on his shoulder and gave him a warm smile.

Is a war, no shortcuts, no mercy, no friends outside the Camarilla. Some will try to deceive you with false promises, others will only offer brutality and hate but at the end those are the most honest. We exist in a World of Lies. Never speak unless you know you can trust the only ones listening are the ones you choose.
Maddy gave a silent nod to this. Roger had stressed the point to her that no one outside of her clan should be trusted. And she felt bad that he had to repeat this a second time for it to sink in.

What happend tonight with Eliah must never occur again, I different circumstances I'd have to punish you to prevent retaliation from the Clan.
Maddy shrunk in her seat and lowerd her head shamefully. She realized that she was caught up in the moment when she was speaking to Roger in the Asylum I didn't take into consideration those that might be around her listening in. She was foolish.
"I..I'm sorry... I.. Won't let it happen again"
She said softly turning her head away in shame.

In this war we can be put down with a stake through the heart, immolation, severed head, desintegration, famine of blood and many kinds of supernatural weapons. Our enemies will use any and all those to harm you or to get me through you. Remember that.
Maddy became nervous as Her Imagination ran wild and imagining herself being killed and various fashions that Roger described. She was in a war that she never asked to be part of, whether or not she wanted to participate wasn't even going to be an option. People were going to try to kill her simply because she was considered Camarilla.

<Maddy... Don't worry... I'll not going to let them kill us. All those things that they could use against us we can also use against them... Remember that>
Wolf said trying to calm Maddy's fears. She was in control right now and it wouldn't serve any of them if she was acting like a scared bunny.
"I don't think I can kill anyone.."
She said in shaking voice, unsure of what she would actually be able to do if put in a situation that called for it.
<Maddy..you don't have to. I will! You have no idea the steps of depravity that I am capable of...>
<indeed Darling > M chimed in
<Maddy stop worrying your pretty little head... You are safe with Roger now.. ain't no one going to touch you> Wolf said and one of the few times that he was actually being nice. But there was an hidden meaning behind his words. He actually was thrilled to learn different ways to destroy his enemies and he didn't want Maddy freaking out so he couldn't pay attention and learn.

Maddy sat in silence for the rest of the trip until they reached Roger's Haven. She had a lot to think about and a lot to consider. She found herself to be a soldier in the war, a war that she never knew existed or wanted to participate in. But yet here she is and what will be asked of her to do in the future can only be left up to her imagination
[End Scene]
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 pm

The car stopped. [Go to next scene]
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down