World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home amog Snakes (Leila)

2 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Home amog Snakes (Leila) - Page 3 Empty Re: Home amog Snakes (Leila)

Post  Leila Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Leila's first thought was to how absurd it seemed to kill over preferences in artwork, but she could no sooner be critical of their actions when her own clan made their living off of selling humans. Still she shifted her weight on the couch and clasped both hands around her right knee.

"Alright, the clan loves their art and their ego's scratched along with it. That shouldn't be too terribly difficult to manage. How is it you are able to blend with the Camarilla so well? Are there any tricks or peculiarities I should note? Do they know our lineage?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Samuel nods.
"Of course...

The Camarilla as a whole distrust our Clan, for some reason I can't image we seem treachorous and dark to them. Me on the other hand, I have a certain style that conceals the average black robbed Follower or the gold wearer drug dealer they seem to stereotype us with.

On the other hand Elie had built an empire, he is a very powerful vampire with alot of influence, so we kind of enjoy of his fame among the Camarilla. Follower in this city are, covenient for their interests. Pillar told me you were at their meeting with the Toreador, did you notice anything strange about Elie's behavior?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Leila nodded her affirmation to his words.

"Yes I was there and Elie seemed a bit... emotionally distressed. It was unsettling if I am honest. Even though I know their request was a bit extravagant he seemed overly affected by it. Was that intentional do you think?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Samuel smiled and said.
"Camarilla and especially Toreador love to be empathic, they distrust anything or anyone they can't understand, as Follower we cult secrecy and discression we actually make a discipline out of it. That makes us their nemesis. Do you follow my point?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Her lips curled into a devious smile. She understood perfectly. His emotions were a ruse to make him seem more compatible and agreeable to the Toreador. Had he been as straightforward and nonplussed as he usually was he'd have put them off. She was bobbing her head as the revelation came through. Her necklace came into view however and she stole a very quick glance at it to see if her proximity to Samuel had changed its color. After she noted this though she brought her attention immediately back to Samuel.

"Ah! So it was all a front a show if you will, very clever. This is something I will have to work on, I've certainly not been known for my discretion of late. How do you think I will fit with the Camarilla?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Samuel smiles and sais alot with his silence. His attitude and expression seemed to remark Leila's words about her lack of skills when it comes to secrecy and discression.
"You'll do just fine." he said, like he was making a joke.
The necklace seemed exactly the same.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:39 am

Leila grunted. She hated that she hadn't latched on to her clan's disposition for secrecy. It was obviously a weakness for her and even Samuel mocked her for it. Her arms crossed under her breasts and she leaned back into the sofa a bit more, letting her weight go limp.

"So I take it you wouldn't recommend me suddenly trying to be all mysterious at this event. Elie told the men there was no reason for the guests not to know we aren't Toreador should I be mimicking them then?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:07 am

Samuel smiled again in the same way than before and said.
"You'll do just fine imitating them." his smile grew showing his teeth in a non threating way.

After a second he continued.
"We only got to be alert and make as many friends, as many contacts as we can, and I'm sure you're perfect for that job. The hard part in my opinion will be to portrait a facade that while sincere in appearance it's a credible lie. We don't want be identified as Followers, so we need to personify a solid character, with a past we can remember instead of improvise, as you know it's easy to detect non prepared lies."

In conjuction with a very prolific body language he said.
"So, my recomendation its Toreador for you. They're very perceptive and social, they love fancy and beautiful. I think you could do just fine portraiting one." another smile.

Last edited by Malakiel on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Leila nodded those were all qualities she certainly had in her past life. Her left hand play through her now wavy hair, which she had straightened in the morning only to have the rain send it curling up again. She was thinking about his words wondering if they held double meaning. He seemed sincere in his opinion that she would do well as a Toreador but that she was faltering when it came to blending with shadows.

"Portraying a Toreador is sounding more and more like a person I used to know... So I need to come up with a solid alias then. Is this something you would like to work through together? Will we act as if we know each other?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Samuel nods again.
"I prefer it that way, has a lot of benefits and won't draw any unwanted attention. Most fledgelings are similar to humans, Toreadors in particular are masters in pretending to be humans but most of their elders are even more monstruos than the very Tzimisce.

What brings me to the other topic of interest, certain vampires are likely to be there, some of these Elders I've been telling you about. I want you to be prepared in case they show up, because I won't be able to protect you from them, not even if they try to be 'friendly' with you."
said like that friendly didn't sound good at all.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:45 pm

"Ok..."

Leila said with some caution in her voice.

"What exactly do you mean when you say friendly? That doesn't quite sound like a good experience."
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Samuel curved his mouth like Leila was human and just diagnosted with cancer.
"Each vampire has its own style, still each clan has a certain attitude or custom that makes it identificable, like a digital print or a brand. Followers for example tend to give few or none of their information, prefering to hide their knowledges instead of lying, if you know what I mean. Toreador on the other hand pretend to be in touch with life, they like to behave like humans and enjoy things long forgotten by us...

... things like the Sun, for example."
and he seemed to be dead serious about this.

"If Ash is there, for example, she might consider a good idea to summon you to a Sun Party as a gesture of Friendship, that's a Toreador frequent celebration in the City." and that definetly didn't sound good at all.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:29 pm

"A Sun party!? That's just... well thats suicidal isn't it? Especially for us..."

Leila frowned this party suddenly feeling like it could be a death sentence if not managed correctly.

"Since we are on the topic of watching out for Elders are there any vampires I should have knowledge of?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Samuel said with tonelessly voice.
"Indeed. There are basically two that might show up, I don't know their entire rank but at least I know these two very dangerous vamptress. One is their Primogen Victoria Ash, the other Alejandra Villalobos is the Keeper of the Elysium, both are very powerful, that means they can do whatever they want inside this domain, I'm sure they know each and every Toreador in the Camarilla and will Play with anyone fool enough to challenge them."

Information about Victoria Ash:
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Leila's face was as expressionless as Samuels as she tried to put together what these "women" were all about. She too was starting to look worried.

"So if they know all the Toreador how will I be able to pass off as one. Won't this oblige me to be a part of the Camarilla while I am in the city?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Samuel answers in the very same tone.
"No. Many of the Toreador there are Anarch, this anarchist have different origens and don't necesarily know each other. These two are likely to go to this party to meet Anarch Toreador and tease them to join the Camarilla. That will cover most angles if we are compelled to talk to them, except for our lies regarding our origen.

Since we have some contacts, the gentlemen you met at Elie's, we have an alibay for our entrance, we're from Boston and came to New York as soon as we heard about the attack from the werewolves in Staten Island.

We don't even have to know Boston very well, it's simply our last stage in our trip."
and finally smiled.

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Leila made a show of letting her shoulders go a little bit.

"Well thats a small relief. What is our story going to be then? Do you want to work on that now?"

Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Samuel nods.

As the tension droped Leila was again aware of the surrouding that were irrelevant for a shor period of time, at that point she was able to hear the yells from the back room once more.

"Let's start" he said.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Leila's head snapped to the hall where the sound was still exuding. Frightened screams that jarred her once her guard was down.

"Ok, great... I oh I forgot about that, whose locked in the room?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Samuel turned back to the room and said.
"Two poor bastards. They entered in the Lair as it was their Rack, Tantra got them and encage them in there. I don't know what she's planing to do but..." changing his voice to resemble newyorker's he said "...it ain't gonna be pretty" finishing with a smile.

Then looked back to Leila and said.
"Where were we?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Leila's attention was brought immediately back to Samuel as he explained. She thought about how pitiful that was a few kindred in the wrong club and subject to Tantra's wrath. It would not be pretty.

"Well, I do believe we were getting ready to come up with our new aliases. I know that I won't be able to commit to playing an older vampire so I'm going to stick with being newly embraced. I think it'd be kind of neat to play your childe but in what capacity? Were you smitten by my beauty or some kind of talent? Are we just friends or colleagues?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Samuel thought about Leila's words, then he said.
"Well I think your beauty its a great alibi. Also you were a very successful business woman back at Cairo, weren't you? So I'd bet for you as my Childe not just because one of those reasons but all of them together: beauty, talent and social activism regarding women rights, isn't it?"

After a short pause, he said.
"That's the first of several levels of planing, we need to get all mechanics set for the party and we have little time for it. For example, what kind of relationship we have? Many Toreadors have affairs with their Childes, still many others have a hate-love relation based on Blood bound instead of social binding. That's because most Toreadors have emotion-based relationships overall, even in business they tend to be really passionate."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:19 am

Leila tipped her chin coyly upward and pressed her lips together into a thin smile while he talked. It was intriguing to think about and portray a made up version of herself. She even found herself fantasizing about what it would be like to be with Samuel. It wasn't sensible though. There were far too many dangers present and things she should be afraid of like the demon in the room and her father coming after her so she shut the thought out and tried to think of this as a necessary business relationship without thoughts of actual relationships. Besides if she were to do as Tantra bid her she couldn't do anything with him anyway.

"Yes, you are correct about Sorayya's history. It will be nice if I can ever settle down to create such organizations here, I just have yet to have the time nor the knowledge of the city to pursue it. However, back on task, I think we have good chemistry and a relationship of passion would be quite fitting. Perhaps you even courted me from another vampire, stealing the chance to snatch me into immortality before some other friend or foe could."

"As far as my identity, I have always liked the name Haifa so I will be called that. I am from Lebanon and was sort of a rebel for women's rights in the Arabic nations and against the restraints of Islam. I would wear my hijab in public while scantily dressed and rally up protests and marches demanding equality, maybe even travelling through other middle eastern nations. My father was a cook and my mother a nurse, my parents were killed in an accident when I was a teenager, still in secondary. Let's say I was taken in by a wealthy uncle during those impacting years. I can't imagine how I would be different if I pretended to have siblings so Haifa will have none. Perhaps this uncle was the one taking me without my consent, leading to my rebellion. As a mortal I never wed nor bore children though perhaps I miscarried a child of my uncle's. Wouldn't that be tragic?"

She frowned and an eyebrow raised but she didn't pause in her speaking.

"I was educated at the Lebanese University and obtained a Masters degree in Business Administration which I wished to use here in the United States, perhaps that could be why I landed in Boston, seeking a career opportunity, a bit of freedom and where I met you."

She began to casually stroke her forehead and toy with her hair as she continued.

"I have a little bit of talent singing and can belly dance as well but that is the extent of anything I can do creatively."

Finally her whole body turned to Samuel, sitting a bit slanted on the couch, her feet dangling off with the angle she sat at.

"So, what do you think about that? What other details should I add?"

Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 am

Samuel said with a gesture that implied a comment out of topic, still very interesting.
"It's very interesting you calling Sorayya in third person and then assuming her agenda as yours. Seem to be some sort of a conflict between you two, isn't it?"

Then wiping the idea from the conversation by moving his hand in front of him Samuel said.
"Nevermind, let's go back to business. You seem to have a solid background for your identity, I'm sure that will help you in a conversation about your past, if you were asked I mean, however that's not exactly what I had in mind...

For example and taking your background as settled, how would you look at the men present? how would you look at me considering I took life from you and gave you this Curse? I think that considering Haifa past she might have a vendetta against men, so... why am I different?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:37 am

He was right about Sorayya. She was conflicted specifically about how is it that she thought her dead yet Pillar insisted she kill her. It was unsettling but he moved on and so shall she.

With a shake of her head she began to answer his questions.

"No fighting for rights and equality doesn't make a woman hate men. It makes her a feminist. Haifa very much wants a man that respects her as a unique person, that realizes she is capable of sound thoughts and decision making. Someone that recognizes her education and appreciates her beauty. In the followers of Islam perhaps there are men that do not respect these things about her, thinking that she should not be seen nor heard. But she simply would converse with these men and try to inform them on the extent of their miseducation. She would love a man that doted on her while maintaining that he loved her without limiting her. This is not a foreign concept in the United States as I understand. So it would not be difficult to find someone that believes the same as she."
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next