World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais) Empty Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais)

Post  Malakiel Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Every year since the 1930's 'la crème de la crème' joins for a charity dinner in a magestic restaurant to share, pose and of course eat. This night is almost entirely for the media, journalist, actors, actress and other members of it come to share with their fellows. Tonite everyone is wearing its most elegant gowns with their perfect jewelry. The table its served with the most sophisticated delicacies, from lobster to caviar, quail eggs and shrimps in sauces, everything for the delicate palates.

The gathering was made this time in Lugo's Restaurant, an skyraper restaurant more than 1000 feet away from the floor. The place have three enviroments: one in the roof where are many tables, chairs a bar and live music, the second the floor under the roof, more intimate and fancy, almost entirely built in crystal; and the third its a hanging room, that rounds slowly around the roof, hanging from wires that are held by a enormous crane, every few hour the room stops to let people in and out of it.

Spoiler:

At this exact moment Matthais arrives to the lower level of the party a beautiful place in shining crystal!
Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais) Crystal-view-bar-cocktail-bar-and-restaurant
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais) Empty Re: Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais)

Post  Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Looks around the room as he enters, an warm smile on his face as he begins to walk about, greeting those politely "Good evening" and with a wave if they turn their attention to him. Matthais carries himself very well, dressed in the best suit combination he owns.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 am

During the evening many jetset figures appear and left. Frigidity, shallowness and plastic still fun. Good music, entertainment and cheap chat was in the order of the day. After two hours of going up and down, visiting and chatting with some friends and with some excess of alcohol in the blood stream Matthais was just having a good time while all this happends with little opportunity to seriously chat about work, what mades it even better.

While having a small talk with Chris Martis and Cameron Diaz another celebrity entered the main room in the lower floor, Victoria Ash, an artist of great renown world wide.

Spoiler:

In the flashing lights of the reporters photograph her fancy figure seem like a model of perfection...
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:13 am

I finish my small talk with the two actors, thanking them both, giving an appreciative smile, then part ways to curiously go greet Victoria Ash, as I proceed down stairs to introduce myself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:15 am

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:21 am

"Good evening, Ma'dam. Though this is the first time I've met such an inspiring icon of beauty and talent being an artist. Your work is always interesting and original." Extends my hand to her to see if she'll accept for an handshake or gentlemen's kiss on the top of the head, as I greet her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 am

Victoria looks at Mat with interest but she doesn't accept to give her hand, instead she ask.
"Thank you for you compliment sir, and who are you if may I ask?"

Once there Matthais could notice two persons, one male and one female that took special interest in his approach like "bodyguard" kind of interest, still a minor gesture from Victoria itself subtlely stop them to intercept him is his movement.

Another gentleman from 'protocol' aproaches and sais to Miss Ash.
"My lady your table is ready, please come this way"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 am

"Matthais Grey, humble Film Critic, at your service" Tips his head slightly forward for an moment, giving her an warm smile as he retracts his hand to his side. "I do not wish to keep your further from your engagements tonight, though I am intrigued to strike up more conversation if that interests you"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:41 am

Victoria nodded to the gentleman from protocol and looking at Mat with his beautiful blues she said.
"I'm curious Mr. Grey Film Critic. Come with me, let's see what are your intentions with that conversation you want to have with mua...

... still I must warn you that I dislike small talks, so please make it interesting. Ok?"

The group moved to a table in a site of honor in the lower floor, right in the center of the room, still not too close to the bar and its chairs. Beside the two bodyguards a bunch of people was in company of Ash, even more as she walked more and more people came to salute and others to join her in this evening.

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:53 am

Joins her to her table, admiring the amount of fans and inspired people that swoon her direction. Neatly take his seat, before regaining his attention with Ms. Ash. "What is it you do to keep your skin free of blemishes? It is easy to notice. May I buy you a drink, Ma'dam? What got you first inspired in your line of work?" Finally coming to the point, he sat in his chair confident and relaxed although he only met her and her associates moments ago.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:13 am

Victoria looked into Matthais' eyes amused by his comment.
"Oh, dearling. Don't worry about that...

My work... mmm... well... it's first of all not a work for me, it's an Art but not as those attempts of artist who try to impress or express instead of bringing true beauty to the world...

My Calling its the name I use, or my Arete as the greek would call it. It's my function in this world to express but not for my own sake, not to impress or pose for others to see, not to call for attention. Each piece of Art is made with a porpouse, as having a child it's not for idolatry but to have an existence on its own, to fulfill a destiny."

Ash looked directly into Matthais eyes, staring with so much intensity that was almost intimidating.
"My children skin its always smooth for the same reason your skin is like that, because your are both still alive..."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:22 pm

"Every artist has their own purpose and meaning so I respect your view. It's the passion of what we love that drives our motivations. For me, film brings fiction to life to deliver us a view into the unknown, immerse you into what it is like to be in that world." clears his throat subtly when she makes the last comment "What about skin has to do with being alive Ma'dam? Some people are just blessed of not having imperfections" His eyes tweak in curiousity of her strange comment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Victoria smiled to Mat and slowly moving her hand to his face she said.
"I meant to answer your question dearling...
How I do to keep the skin of my pieces of art free of imperfections? right?"

In this exact point her soft glove of silk thread was touching Matthais face, caressing his chin.
"The flesh I use to do my art...
Just like your it's still alive, that's my secret."

Between lines Matthais could see the hiden intentions of the woman, she was longing to use his skin, his precious skin to make a new piece of art. Regardless of what he had read in the newspapers, Matthais could see the assassin's eyes, a cold blood killer behind that beautiful face.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 pm

"Ah, the miracles of what we can do these days, huh. It's been a pleasure, Ma'dam. Nice to meet you. Many others to meet" Nods sharply with a small smile as he excuses himself from the table. Trying to wipe the impression from his mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:06 pm

* Burst of laughts in the table *

While everyone was playing fool, pretending not to care about the conversation between Victoria Ash and Matthais they seemed to be very aware of it. It seem like some kind of practical joke.

"Oh! Dearling... you should have seen your face!" said Victoria between giggles.

"It was a joke, really... I'm not going to eat you, unless you ask me to, of course" changing her face from the malefic gaze Matthais remember to a naiv smiling visage and a seductive tone of voice.

"Come Dear, sit down..."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Pauses his efforts to leave, turning back to Victoria, giving a slight smirk. "Oh really?" gives a soft chuckle as he gazes to her. "Presents then, you would offer a drink then? And tell me of other interests you share besides art, perhaps film?" Slowly takes a seat again, though doesn't hide he sits towards the end of his chair.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Victoria continues smiling at Mat almost like a kid with a brand new toy.
* Gentle snap of fingers *

A waitress nods and come closer.
"Yes Madam."

"Another round for the table and a bottle of wine, make a twin variety of Malbec and Carvernet Savignon, and sweety make it fast please... I'm thirsty!"

Victoria continues talking with other people in the table about their hobbies and entertainment. Some like movies, others know Matthais by his fame, and from the likes-conversation its rapidly moved to another topic, this time talking about travels.

Greg, a gay mate of Ash is just comming back from a long trip he made through Europe and he is giving his impressions to the rest of the table, his narrative its very anegdotic but still interesting. At that point the wine appear in, and its served by the same waitress that came before.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Listens to the story with interest "Sounds like it was a fascinating trip, Greg. I would like to travel to Europe at some point. I hear great things about touring over there" As the wine comes. turn my attention to Victoria "Thanks for the round Ma'dam" with an soft smile, before awaiting the waitress to pour them all an drink. At this point Matthais has had three glasses of wine steadily throughout the night, so he is feeling alittle loose but not buzzed at this point when the wine is delivered.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:45 pm

The wine was tasty and well served, Matthais could even notice that the label was in french, a really strange fact since Cavernet wine is from Chile, what makes the bottle very old. Julie made a comment about how the french fields of Cavernet were burned in 1890's that makes the bottle previous of that incident.

Gregs excited respond to Mat comment saying.
"... you totally should, there are so beautiful things there. It the craddle of culture..."

Almost two hours later and probably six wine bottles away things were really fun at there, some of the presents even got confident enough to share some of their "powder" with those who wished, and conversations were a great mix of sex and gossip.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:52 pm

I avoid any of the 'powder' as to maintain the desire to stay drug-free, however the wine goes down smashingly well. Looking at Victoria "Do you always have such good company?" chuckles heartily, listening in to the stories of sex and gossip, but doesn't give up any inside information, checks his watch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:11 pm

The hour 2:15 AM.

Victoria smiles to Matthais about his question just to show how flattered she was. A few minutes later she says to the group.
"This is kind of boring don't you think...?

What about if we go to my place, there we can have a real party!!"

Seem that half of the people in the place was expecting the invitation judging by how fast the reacted saying "YES" almost immediatly. People starts to stand up and Ash ask to Mat.
"Are you comming dearling?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Quickly responds "Where is your place?" watching her impressions. "I may be inclined to join"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Victoria answered.
"Here in Manhattan not too far from here"

Greg intervine saying.
"Want me to drive you sweetheart?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 pm

Walks up to Victoria "I'm up for socializing some more" Looks over to Greg with a smile and slight chuckle "I'll just get Ms. Ash's address and drive myself over, but thanks for the offer Greg" Turns back to Victoria to gain her address. Providing she doesn't object "Meet you all there"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:35 am

Is not Victoria who lends the address but one of her "assistants" (bodyguards). The place is within Manhattan barely one block away from Central Park.

The building itself was a huge Hotel, almost an skyscraper with a huge golden sign at the entrance saying "DOUBLETREE HOTEL HILTON" the building had its own parking in front and below in a series of basements.

Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais) Double10

All cars and bikes following Victoria's went directly to the basement, to the lowest one, there was a barrier with two more security guards delaying the entrance. Each vehicule was scaned with very sophisticated machines from head to toes to allow the pass, even Victorias limo. Eventually was the turn for Mat, the guards stoped his car.

From his position Matthais could see: security cameras from different angles and models, tiger claws in front of his vehicule, the barricade itself and well armed security guards in tux with the typical sunglasses. The car was starting to being scaned.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next