World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dueling preparations

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dueling preparations - Page 2 Empty Re: Dueling preparations

Post  Malakiel Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Brian nods and waits for her intel on the subject.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:24 pm

Brian nods and waits for her intel on the subject.
Star gives her dad a "deer in the headlights" look for a Split Second as if to say "really? In front of everyone?"

Star blinked a few times then got close to whisper to her father, if any of her speculations were false she didn't want to come off looking paranoid or completely uneducated on the topic. she wanted to voice her thoughts without embarrassment, so she kept her voice low hoping that the Elders would no hear her making a fool out of herself.

▂▂▂STAR[whispering]▂▂▂
" Sire, while I was down helping with the containment and relocation of the PoWs, I noticed something strange with one of them.
The brunette woman from last night. she was acting rather peculiar , in the mist of all what happened she remained  extremely calm and well-composed compared to how the other Thralls were acting.

Even  after witnessing the death of another, she should be at least in a panic state to some degree. Its Hunan nature.... But she remains very calm and well composed.

She acted this  way before, when the Malkavian Thrall acted out. Most the other thralls were scared, yet The woman remained calm even after Mr. Brick did that little bobwire trick too,

Something about this feels very off... I would like to suggest  for this woman to be scrutinized, and if she indeed somehow kills herself, the other ghouls should be check for  similar Behavior and patterns.  "  

She paused hoping that her concern was not just paranoia

Maybe you were correct in thinking that the thralls death was Supernatural, maybe it is this Discipline of Dominate at work, or maybe it's some sort of power that we have not seen yet. I think that Strange Ghoul woman should no be left unwatched at any time. I personally feel that just guarding her like the resr in a cell is not enough"

But like I said, I might just be  paranoid, perhaps you should ask Mr. Brick about them, he was the 1st after all to speak with the Malkavian Thrall and this Strange Woman, maybe he might have noticed something, I have not.
She said finishing her thoughts, hoping that she did not come off paranoid and that Mr brick could possibly collaborate her concerns.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Dueling preparations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/20Dueling preparations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Dueling preparations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/4Dueling preparations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Dueling preparations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/7Dueling preparations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:30 pm

Brian nods and says out loud.
"Lord Valentine.

May I have a word in private with you?"

The Chess Master and the Gangrel stepped apart. They talked to each other for more than a minute and then Valentine called Victoria to the meeting, leaving the three young vampires away from the gathering. Lawless and Adam were both looking at Rebecca wondering what she told to Brian but dare not to ask her.

At far the only reaction they could caught from the three elders was a negation from Victoria as she was ask something but said no to the question. Then Valentine called Adam to the group and the two ventrues there decided to start asking question while Brian went away, back to his Childe and Lawless.

Brian said to both.
"You two were also in the thralls preparation for the interrogation. Am I correct?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Star was a bit surprised by her father's actions to call the other Elders attention to her thoughts on the matter. But she's simply chalked it up to her father always wanting to be prepared for everything and better safe than sorry, she just hope that what she said wouldn't come back to make her look like too much of a fool.

As the Elders left to talk privately amongst themselves she looked at the puzzled Expressions on Mr. Brick & Mr. Lawless's faces.  She gave a slight shrug as if to tell them she had no idea ether, her Sire was just  thorough.

When Adam was called over Star figured that they took her advice and wanted to question him about his experience with the prisoners. She didn't think too much of it though.

You two were also in the thralls preparation for the interrogation. Am I correct?"
Star took this question as being geared towards Mr Lawless then to actually herself. Star simply gave a nod in response to her father's question, knowing that he was correct. She looked towards Mr. Lawless for his confirmation
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Dueling preparations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/20Dueling preparations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Dueling preparations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/4Dueling preparations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Dueling preparations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/7Dueling preparations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Lawless said.
"Sir Hell Song, Adam, Rebecca and I were together for a short time before she had to left to attend your summon. After that Adam and I waited Lady Victoria's ghouls to bring the prisoners down here. When they arrived I was left upstairs with two of our ghouls to set order to the warehouse where they were kept, while Mr. Brick went down with Lady von Baden's ghouls to prepare this setting.

Short after we all helped to move the thralls down, one by one. Leaving three ghouls upstairs and another three down here, while Mr. Brick and I swapt while one of us stayed down here to supervise the encaging of the thralls in their cells, the other was fetching and preparing the next one to be move."

Brian then asks right away.
"Did you debrief your superiors about the incidents last night?"

Lawless seemed confused yet he answered right away.
"No Sir, Mr. Brick reported to Lady Victoria's servants. As I explained I was left upstairs while this was happening."

Brian nods but replies sharp.
"Lady Victoria was not informed of any odd behavior from last night."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:07 am

Star listened and gave a nod for Mr. Lawless' accounting of her part in the ghouls preparation.

She quietly listened and was slightly confused why someone like Adam, as thorough as he seems, what not bring up the strange behavior of the ghoul to The Lady interrogator. The behavior of these two ghouls seems like it would be prudent information.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:18 am

Lawless was totally baffed by the situation. Why would Adam lie to him? Brick told him that he would explain the situation to the Preator's ghoul. He was heavily confused also about the importance of this.
"Sir Hell Song, I don't know what's the meaning of this. May be the report was incomplete or may be the ghoul forgot to explain things properly to Lady von Baden. I don't know but why is it so important?"

Brian could relate to the open and honest behavior of the Ventrue, not common in his clan.
"Because Mr. Brick was alone with one of Lady Victoria's ghoul doing something else than briefing it."

Rebecca could recognize the look in her father's eyes. He was probing the Ventrue about this.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:20 am

Perception + Empathy
Star carried out 4 launched of one Dueling preparations - Page 2 10.1 (Roll.) :
9 , 9 , 1 , 7
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:25 am

Lawless reaction was honest. He was indeed confused and even offended by the Gangrel's words. <What's he implying?> of course the Ventrue wasn't aware of that same servant also offending the Gangrels the very next night with a strong xenophobic compulsion implanted with Dominate, a discipline that Rebecca knew Adam was very understood about.

At the three ventrue conversation Rebecca could also noticed that Adam non verbal language seemed nervous and was rapidly trying to explain something to Lord Valentine.

Lawless inquire again.
"Sir Hell Song please, I just don't understand it."

Brian looks at him with disdain and shrugs. <Tough luck>
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:45 am

Star started to try to assess the situation looking at things logically. She noticed Adam's  nervousness and wonder to herself why he was so nervous, clearly he would have nothing to fear from the Elders, he has worked along side them for quite a while she thought.

Star reached out and touched her father on the shoulder drawing his attention to Adam silently.
As if to say silently "look at his body language, he is nervous, almost afraid"

She looked towards Mr. Lawless and did the same letting her father take note of his body language which was more confused than scared.
▂▂▂▂STAR[whisper]▂▂▂▂
"Sire, do you see what I see? "

Something was indeed off about this...
She whispers to her father..
▂▂▂▂STAR[whisper]▂▂▂▂
" Sire.., look at the way Mr. Brick is behaving, it might be subtle ...but why is he nervous? It is a bit out of place.... Is it not?  especially if he deals with these Elders on a regular basis, it can't be their presents that's making him nervous. He is hiding something.  "
She said softly, she knew that this was a hard accusation to make especially to another kindred. But she felt that it was warranted. Star had enough experience with watching People's mannerisms and emotions to know enough to pick things up when people were behaving oddly.

Star turned turned her attention to Mr. Lawless.
▂▂▂▂STAR(speaking softly)▂▂▂▂
" Mr. Lawless, in all the time you have known Mr. Brick, would you describe his character as someone who lacked confidence in himself or in his abilities? Or was someone who was nervous when faced with danger?"
She paused only for a moment before continuing.

▂▂▂▂STAR (speaking softly)▂▂▂▂
"From my experience being around Mr. Brick, he's boastful, prideful,  and very experienced in the art of Dominate, the signature discipline of the clan of Kings, wouldn't you agree.?

So with so much confidence in himself and his abilities .... he doesn't seem like the type to be nervous often, correct ...?

Star looked to her father as if to say..
"So Why is he now? "

Star did her best to try to hide any suspicions in her voice. She was very careful not to accuse Mr. Brick of anything, at least in front of Mr. Lawless.

Star knew this was indeed a bold move, if she was wrong in her assumption and it got out it could possibly lead to Great embarrassment on her part or worse.. But Star felt in her gut that something was off about Adam's behavior, and she hoped that Mr. Lawless would confirm her character study of Mr.Brick to give some weight to her concerns she had voiced with her Father.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:53 am

The conspiracy was in the air, a feeling to which Lawless wasn't comfortable. He trusted his Clan and of course its members as his most intimate friends. Certainly he was expecting to understand at least what was going on but no one, not even her clanmate Rebecca would. After all she still was under that Gangrel accounting shit.

Brian eye's were predatorial, he knew what was going on and he was ready to hunt. Then said in a whisper.
"I see fear. He is a prey now."

Lawless was looking at Brick listening to Rebecca but treating her coldly in return for her lack of delicacy about speaking secretely in front of him, excluding him from the conversation with her Sire and know trying to check her theories or per haps incriminating one of his clanmates, his friend. <Not even Dominate would make me answer>

The gathering ended with the three ventrue approaching the group. Valentine was the first to talk.
"My guests I'm sorry to have kept you waiting but this issue had to be resolved right away."

Brian asked sharply.
"Lord Valentine. Was him?"

Valentine hessitated for the Gangrel rude manners and said.
"I think we have enough elements to take Mr. Brick for a trail. He will get his chance to proof his inocence."

Brian again.
"Lord Valentine with all due respect, as your guest I humblely request to rush such procedure. I will recommend Mr. Adam Brick's extraordinary combat profile to Lady Jezebelle to be our first line of defense against the werewolf to the west. I think this could be a lesson of life and death."

Adam was on the brink to interrupt the Elder's conversation very nervous as he was.

Valentine replied.
"We shall Sir Hell Song, also to consider such fair punishment as the trail result..."

Adam said.
"I beg your pardon Lord..."

"SILENCE!" Valentine yelled.
Valentine persona changed in the split of a second irradiating a Majesty never felt before by none except for Victoria. The sublime presence of the Ventrue Elder was unspeakable, his words terrible to hear, with a powerful radiance that flowed to the point of making the ghouls around to drop to their knees inmediately, a second later Rebecca, Lawless and Brick contemplated the terrible vissage of a God standing among them with the most cruel gaze that burned them inside just for the sin of daring to contradict him. Rebecca had to bow unconciously asking for forgiveness even if she wasn't the offender.

Still in her bow the weight of Valentine's Majesty was too heavy to wear. Brian had also his head down as for Victoria even if she wasn't forced to it she kneeled graciously in front of her Elder.

"Your insolence has brought you long enough, your despicable manners against our traditions have a reach a deadly limit. You're in my house and you oath respect.

For your insolence you'll be recluded in the Dungeon Jail until your trail. Where your fate shall be determined."

Adam was crushed down by Valentines wrath, unable to move, unable to speak. Begging to the earth to swallow him whole shivering for fear of his fate.

Valentine's presence returned to his normal supernatural allure and overwhelming mainly beauty. Then he said to the ghouls.
"Seize him and lead him to a cage. He will spend the night in it."

The ghouls jumped to comply the Elder's command.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:50 am

Star sadly was oblivious to the true conspiracy going on, she knew something was up and but to the full extent of just what it was she was unsure . she had to watch her words or she would add to the collusion of what was going on. Star felt that  whatever it was happened to be more then Adam miss reporting the Thralls behavior.

Star puzzled over this, <Why would he try to hide that small bit of information? Especially when it pertains to the Sword's Pets. He can't be working with them.... Can he?...>
Star looked at Mr. Lawless with some confusion to what was really going on. She turned to look at her father and noticed the predatory look in his eyes.
<What the f*ck is going on? Take Adam to trial???..no if he was in collusion with the Sword i doubt there wouldn't be a trial... They would probably just make a call to the Prince. This has to be something different.>

When her father spoke of wanting to put Adam up against the front lines of the first assault against the werewolfs, she was completely shocked. She honestly didn't take Adam to be the "warrior" type, and the way her father held his tone and talked about it. She was even more shocked to think that Lord Valaintine would even consider it, she thought it was quite a harsh punishment.

<A lesson of life or death? What the hell did he do???...>
Star started to feel quite bad at this point, thinking <"what the fuck did I start by opening my mouth?">

Adam said.
"I beg your pardon Lord..."

"SILENCE!" Valentine yelled.

Star's jaw dropped in a gasp as Valentine's demeanor changed in a split second and he became horrifyingly commanding, all time around her seemed to stop and she immediately bowed, apologizing for anything that she may have done. Star had never seen such a sight and the sudden shift caused her to cower and prayed that his gaze would not fall upon her. Lord Valentine's words were like a crashing storm that seeped into her soul and she was grateful they were not directed at her. Still it took her a good moment to regain her composure after the Lord had finished speaking and his demeanor had returned to his normal state.

Star looked at her father extremely confused, her eyes were seeking answers, but her voice was completely absent.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:11 pm

As the ghouls were taking away an unresponsive Adam Brick back to the Dungeon Jail, Lady Victoria stood up as Mr. Lawless and then the rest of the ghouls. Valentine looked at Brian and Rebecca with his usual kind and understanding tone of voice to say.
"My dearest guests. I humblely apologize for such rude display. It wasn't my intention for this regreatful issue to blow out of proportion or to affect you but I can't let my house to be disrespected in such way.

Please accept my apologies and my promise that I'd make it up to compensate my lack of manners."

Brian was the first to answer.
"Lord Valentine we humblely accept your apology for affecting us but also we release you from any obligation to compensate us as you've proven to be a fantastic host and showed no intention to harm us.

Gangrel have our disciplinary traditions as well and from our perspective you were too kind. In our house you may also be stained with the splashing blood and then would be us apologizing to you."
he smiled.

Valentine bowed for the Gangrel kindness and changing the subject he said.
"Mr. Adam Brick will be accused of attacking one of guest, betraying a fellow clanmate and damaging Lady Victoria's property, a higher ranking kindred and his superior. Also if he's found guilty he will be exiled from this premise forever."

Lawless was speachless to hear the accusations, specially the treason charge against him. The very word was an offense to his Ventrue ears and moved his now death guts, making him uneasy.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:41 pm

As Star rose and regain her composure, she stayed respectively silent, though she was quite surprised about these accusations.
<Why would Adam dare to do such a thing?>
She thought and  look towards Lawless to gauge how much he actually knew about the situation, or if he had any inklings that may have led to this.

She was silent and pondered the punishment that he would be given if found guilty...
<So if Adam is found guilty of these charges  he will simply just gets banished from the Chess Club??, well that doesn't sound like that big of a deal.  He should be lucky that he is not facing Gangrel punishment>
She thought agreeing with her father In such a punishment would be too light, but she truly didn't know all of the details. And it does seem very much like a Ventrue internal dispute. But clearly  whatever Adam had been doing has seem to delay the interrogation of the Sabbat Thralls, thus hindering the Gangrel's intelligence gathering operation. No doubt placing the Ventrue behind the Tremere in the game of who can gather the important information about the Sabbat first, and present it to Primogeniture Astor.

Star stood silently watching everyone's expressions trying to gather more infor on what truly was going on
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Perception + Empathy
Star carried out 4 launched of one Dueling preparations - Page 2 10.1 (Roll.) :
10 , 4 , 6 , 2
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:22 pm

Lawless was overall offended by the whole situation even ashamed to display such pettiful behavior in front of foreings to the Ventrue Clan. He kept his head low, no daring to speak or apologize even if he wanted that badly.

Valentine continued his exposition.
"The evidence will be presented before the jury and the court in time. The ghoul that offended our guests, Sir Hell Song and Miss Garrison was compelled with Dominate to embrace a xenophobic emotion against the Gangrel Clan, hence he acted on its own to protect his mistress, Lady Victoria with false pretensions against our guests.

Only three kindred were in contact with that ghoul with enough power to manipulate his mind is such way, two of which had a proper alibi, capture by the Chess Club's security cameras and corroborated by other's testimonies. Mr. Brick pretended alibi was that he briefed the ghoul regarding this interrogation. He claimed to have reported what he obviously didn't and therefore his alibi is false.

When confronted with these questions he gave no reasonable explaination and now he has confirmed his lack of Dignitas to disrespect an Elder and therefore his house."

Lawless expression went dark. He wanted to destroy Adam, turn him to ashes, ready to unleash violence and brutality for betraying him, a trustful clan member. He had abused his trust and he must now pay.

Victoria's face was impassive, empathetic and polite. She showed no emotion whatsoever even when the damage to her property was explained. Except for clearly pretended acknowledgement and understanding to her Lord.

Brian then asked.
"Lord Valentine, I wish to challenge Mr. Brick to a duel if you allow it. Being the ghoul just a tool in his scheme, the one that insulted us was indeed the accused. I can dismissed my recommendation to send Mr. Brick to the front against the lupines for a full confesion and he can be condem to duel me in a fair fight to simple death."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:48 pm

This was all quite bigger then Star has imagined, the charges on Adem seemed great.

Star was quite surprised at her father's words but still something wasn't adding up. Star took a step forward and risking stepping out of line
She placed a soft hand on her father's shoulder and leaned in to whisper something to his ear.
▂▂▂▂STAR[whispering]▂▂▂▂
" Your rage is Justified sire, but please ask yourself the reasons "why". What would Adam have to gain by showing us such disrespect to not only us but to his house? Its more then a simple disliking of the Gangrel. I have sensed no strong feelings  like this in him  to go to such lengths.

There is a possible that he did not hatch this scheme on his own. He might have ties with our enemies that we should ferrer out before giving him a death sentence.... We can not dismiss the fact that he did such actions around the Sabbat Ghouls, now I'm not accusing him of working directly with them, but I do not believe he would orchestrate this all simply to slight the both of us. We need to look deeper ...

Might I make a suggestion that The Master of Interrogation, Lady Victoria process him. She seems very capable of drawing out the truth in people, and this is a Ventrue affair.. I only suggest that we become president as to what is discovered. Then at such time our vengeance can be just. "

Star stepped back, fully expecting to be criticize for her action
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:45 pm

Brian took a step back apologizing to Lord Valentine with Rebecca's intromission and heard her. After all her last interruption was indeed very revealing.

Might I make a suggestion that The Master of Interrogation, Lady Victoria process him. She seems very capable of drawing out the truth in people, and this is a Ventrue affair.. I only suggest that we become president as to what is discovered. Then at such time our vengeance can be just. "
Brian whispered.
"That's why I'm interested in hearing his confession Becca. Just wait and see."

Brian came back to the Ventrue Elder and after apologizing again to leave him and Lady Victoria waiting he waited for Lord Valentine's answer. Lady Victoria asked permission to her Lord to speak up and then she said.
"My Lord, Sir Hell Song. Mr. Brick is William Randolph Childe, Seneschal of the City and one of the most prominent members of Clan Ventrue. Even if Mr. Brick confeses as guilty Lord Randolph will be notified and I'm certain under reasonable doubt that he'd demand a trial.

If Mr. Brick claims in such trial that he was threated to make a false confession you'd be risking Gangrel Clan Dignitas as well as our Lord is now risking his own in pursue of the truth.

Would you risk that much for our Clan Sir Hell Song?"

Valentine also wonder, specially about the Gangrel's motivation behind this plan.

Brian answered.
"Please correct me if I'm wrong but making a false confesion isn't a greater lost of dignity in front of everyone. Specially if you're in a Ventrue house being threaten by a Gangrel. Would he risk to be a coward that is ready to betray his honour just by a simple threat? I don't think so.

Mr. Brick might be guilty or a tool for someone else, I don't know but if he is punished it won't matter either way. This would make an example out of him.

Clan Gangrel is aware of city politics and is obedient to Prince Michael Bright, of course, but we care more to protect our territory. Your warriors are being held back by a political decision that its hurting our chances to defeat the Land's enemies.

Prince Bright's edict allowed us, The Gangrel, to be fully aware of your capabilities and right now having the Chess Club partaking in the territory defense is more important than any political consequence. Even if the edict is removed, would you hide again inside these walls if you're Called to Arms by one thee owns a debt? I don't think so."

Valentine was shocked by the Gangrel's pragmatic view of the situation, his disregard to politics and hierarchies was astonishing for all Ventrues present. It was clear that no Gangrel would ever give an order that could damage their chances of survival and he had no respect for any decision that would compromise such chances.

Valentine said.
"I, Lord Valentine Gioberti, Chess Master, Geronte of Federal and Lictor of Coins accept your proposal Sir Brian 'Hell Song' Garrison.

Praetor of Insurances, Harpy of the Ivory Tower, Lady of Clan Ventrue, Victoria von Baden. Please that Mr. Brick is properly informed of Sir Hell Song defyance and conditions to release him of the obligation to go to the front."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:11 pm

This was all quite a lot for Star to prossess, the underhand tactics of these high politics was almost to much to make sense out of. This was probably something that was best left to the elders, to which she was grateful at this moment that she was not one of them.

Star remained quiet for the remainder of the conversation standing by her father's side. She had already interrupted once and she was not about to do it again.

Star knew that this whole internal drama had corrupted their missions objective. They had not been able to collect information from the ghouls in a timely manner and now must return to the Gangrel Primogen empty handed. Their core mission had failed.

This makes both the Ventrue of the Chess Club and Her father and herself look quite incompetent in the task of interrogating mere "thralls"!! No doubt it should have been a easy task, but now it looks like the Tremere would be much more successful than they were, a hard hit to the pride that all parties involved would have to live down.
Star was not too happy about this, but felt it was simply one of those situations that were out of her control so she must face the outcome as everyone would.

Star waited for the elders to finish their conversion and made no further attempts to interject or voice any of her concerns. The time for that was far over.
The next step was all she thought about.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:19 pm

Victoria bowed and went to do Valentine's bidding. Then the Chess Master said to Lawless and his guests.
"We shall wait until Lady Victoria returns with Mr. Brick's answer."

Lawless was uneasy, worried and confused about the whole situation. Just as much as Rebecca, he was eager for an explaination but dared not to speak to the Elders and expouse his own ignorance about this. He felt he was in no position to demand a lecture about high politics to Valentine or Brian; and even if they did he wasn't sure he could understand what they could explain in that case.

Brian was a brave man, he felt proud of his Clan, his Blood not being entertained in such frailties. The strict Ventrue heirarchy was plotting against them, undermining their Clan capability to secure their own place in the territory, even their survival. While clan Gangrel was thriving, growning in power each passing night. The Prince needed them to break the leash that his own family had used to restrain them and trusted them to dwell in his own clan weaknesses. If Brian had no sense of survavillity he would have used this knowledge to sink the Ventrue but not only he had that but in his own definition, the Gangrel definition he was loyal to the Prince.

Valentine was a far more complex puzzle to solve. He was binded by honour to obey his Primogen and his Prince. They have secret contradiction that had never been public, not until now that Gangrel found out this rivalty, an exposition that would certainly be reported to Astor and would eventually undermine the Primogen position. Also depending on the outcome of Victoria's interview to Adam the Seneschal would be also responsible of Brick's action in rupture of the Chess Club Hospitality hence Ventrue's Traditions a rotten apple in his harvest; certainly this would also bring down the Seneschal Dignitas inside the Clan and just as with Benjamin would undermine his position or even caused his demotion by the Primogen Council.

Nevertheless, all Kindreds knew they had a mission that would be delayed and broght to Primogen Astor as a contingency that surely would be interpreted as weakness or per haps an attempt of Clan Ventrue to undermine the Gangrel control over the Upstate Territory. Surely this contradiction would not be accepted kindly by the Gangrel Primogen who's only interested in preserving the Land and protecting the Princedom, something he'd find a hard task to accomplish if the Tremere and the Ventrue plot against them instead of collaborating but surely he's expecting some resistance from the warlocks and the kings to the point even of being prejudice towards them.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ VICTORIA VON BADEN ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Victoria eventually got to the jail where Adam was now imprison. He was sitting in the naked stone floor, behind steel bars. The small cage had no windows or any other object except of humidity and dirty. The conciled flames from the corridor was the only light comming into the prison. The scene was depressing but Victoria came like floating over the floor almost untouched by it's filth.

Adam had his head down when Victoria spoke, he didn't catched her first phrase and when he looked up found a sinester smile looking at him. The shadows around her face did made her expression even more evil than it used to be and not less spooky her staring at him in silence. He said.
"Lady Victoria. To what do I own the honour"

The Harpy stood silently enough to make him uneasy and then answered.
"Oh my dear, just looking at you like that, knowing that you're a traitor against my Prince, Lord Bright really makes me believe in Justice. I left the Elders talking about your volunteering to the lupine front, they seem so proud of your courage, the Court bards will certainly signs songs about your regreatable fight with the lupine that ended your existance as one of the Clan."

Adam stood up and said.
"My Sire would never allow this. You're bluffing my Lady." in his heart he knew this might be false, he knew the kind of man his Sire was but his love was too great to accept it.

Victoria reached her chest with the tip of her gloved hand and said.
"Are you a fledgeling to be accounted for? I believe your Sire commitioned you under Lord Valentine's command, am I right? that means he has the upper hand to accept or not your desire to join the Gangrel in their crusade."

Adam thought deeply about this and fell to his knees under the witch's spell. He knew she was a devious woman, why would he accepted his Sire command. Why did he plotted and risked his existence as a vampire just to undermine their political power. He was in conflict with himself, still the blood bound to his Sire was stronger than his will to defy him, even if his existance was in danger.

Victoria continued to stare at him, her gaze was penetrating his psyque, grinding his resolve until he said.
"My Lady I'm sorry. I never wished to things to come out this way, I just want to serve my Clan the best I can and now the Gangrel are controlling us. Don't you see? It was the only way to harm those animals, they're unworthy of commanding us!"

The Harpy was falsely touched by Adam's lies and showed pretended empathy for his loyalty to the clan. Then she said using a very understanding tone in her voice.
"You speak of loyalty? Do you think I care about those animals? or that I like to be under those beasts' command? I do it for LOYALTY! To my Prince, to the Clan! I'm forced to guide that antitribu through her Agoge and you're complaining! Attacking me?! Do you think I deserve to be used by YOU as a weapon against the Gangrel?"

Adam replied.
"My Lady Victoria von Baden, I know I've wrong you but please! Don't let the Beast take me to the border! The lupines will slash me and throw my pieces away. That's not a place for a King! Please I beg you, I'd do anything for you, for Lord Valentine, for my Prince to reddress this mistake but please don't let him take me!"

Victoria seemed to meditate about it and then said.
"What do you mean by anything? Would you accept full responsability for your actions against the Gangrel in front of the Clan? The animals are uneasy their mission has been compromised and they feel greatly offended by the actions you have caused."

Adam was scared, confused and desperate. He said.
"Yes my Lady, I swear it, solemly. I'll confess everything but please help me!"

Victoria got really close to the Ventrue and said with a powerful demanding voice.
"This words you won't remember but still their command you shall obey. When the kindred that order you to attack me and I are in the same room with you, you will refer to me as Lady Victoria Baden until you're corrected."

Victoria said.
"Very well. I'll see if the Beasts come to their senses and spare you from going to fight the lupines. Prepare yourself to give me my Boon to the Gangrel."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ AMPHITHEATER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Victoria came back after a while and bowed before her Elder and said to Lord Valentine.
"It is done my Lord. Mr. Adam Brick has accepted the conditions."

Brian smiled greatly.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:39 am

Star stood silent and more then a little bit confused at all of this. She thought about the situation, trying to focus on the things that transpired, and everything that Adam was accused of, as well as how this disturbance would affect the mission.

Star gave a soft annoyed sigh realizing that their mission had indeed failed, and that this would reflect poorly back on the Ventrue of the Chess Club and on her And her Father. But little could be done about this.

Star just hoped that Commander Jezebella would not punish them too badly for this failure... perhaps she would use her sword instead of her claws. No doubt someone's blood was going to be spilt over this, she just preyed it wasn't going to be theirs.

Star knew this was looking bad for their Clan's  Alliance as well as making both her and her father look incompetent. She prayed that Primigen Astor or Command Jezebel would not look upon them in a way to think that they have gotten "soft" by the pampering of the Ventrues hospitality, and blamed THAT for the reason of the missions failure. Both her father and herself have allowed them selves to get wrapped up in duels, and Ventrue politics that had nothing to do with the mission at hand. Star doubts that the Gangrel clan elders would over look this thought.

Star looked to her father and knew he must be thinking the same as she, <All this drama , this isn't a good thing>

Star looked towards Lawless and realized he was just as confused as she was about the High- politicalness of everything going on.
She could only imagine what Lawless might be thinking in all of this, after all he was close to Adam, and for him to betray the man's trust must be like a knife to the gut. In a pack between brothers of arms, the power of the blood keeps everyone from trying to stab each other in the back,... Well... Most of the time.

She moved twords him silently, then looked up at him. She spoke very softly to him.
▂▂▂▂STAR[whispering]▂▂▂▂
" I'm sorry, I had no idea any of this was going on. I apologize for speaking so deceptively towards you earlier, and not including you in my speculation. It was wrong of me, I mant no offence, nor was I attempting to cast blame. Please do not think too ill of me, Mr Lawless. You deserve more respect than what I showed. I am sorry.   "

She said very softly, she knew that in a attempt to point out something to her father she had perhaps behaves rudely, and she wanted to apologize to the Ventrue Before he thought worse of her them he probably already did.
After all she knew he must have more "Dignits" than she did. Plus  the first step in trying to preserve the alliance  between the Clans was too get others to see past the stereotypes, which is no easy task. Star, herself even has trouble with this, but being around the Ventrue of the Chess Club have started to open her eyes that you can't judge a book by its cover..

Though in truth she liked and respected Lawless and she didn't want him thinking too poorly of her, she was as much in the dark as what truly was going on as he was, and he was the 1st person to truly ever stand up for her when he didn't even know her.

Star remained quiet once again, waiting for Lady V to return with Adam's response
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:44 am

" I'm sorry, I had no idea any of this was going on. I apologize for speaking so deceptively towards you earlier, and not including you in my speculation. It was wrong of me, I mant no offence, nor was I attempting to cast blame. Please do not think too ill of me, Mr Lawless. You deserve more respect than what I showed. I am sorry. "
Lawless understood perfectly the situation Rebecca had to endure. Being between two alliances the Gangrel and the Ventrue, each with it's own interests and agenda. In response he just smiled and nodded.

After Lady Victoria's return Brian awesome by her efficiency nods to her in acknowledgement of the success.

Valentine says.
"Very well then I shall summon the Club's Round Table to oficially take record of Mr. Brick's confession right away. Dearest guests, Mr. Lawless. I invite you upstairs again until the Circle is complete."

Victoria says.
My Lord Valentine I have to return to complete the request. If you forgive me..."

Valentine agrees and she comes back to the jail while the rest of the crew goes upstairs. Valentine asks Lawless to come with him, leaving Brian and Rebecca to the Chess Club's hospitality while the Ventrue gather to conform a circle around the round table.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:24 am

As the Elders and Mr.Lawless left Star and her Father alone once again. Star was silent, but had the nights issues weighing heavy on her mind.

Finally she turned to her father and said softly voiced her thoughts..
▂▂▂▂STAR(whisoer)▂▂▂▂
"so... How Fu*ked do you think we are 'cuz this mission was basically a flop? Do you think The Gangrel will think that We allowed ourselves to became distracted by this Ventrue drama or even worse see us as being "papered pooches" due to the Ventrue's hospitality?
Ya' think we will be punished?"

Star's voice held little emotion, almost like she had already accepted what was to come.

▂▂▂▂STAR(whisper)▂▂▂▂
" I mean ... Yeah OK,  so we might of uncovered a few things going on.... But our "core" mission was a failure regardless.. And we lost one of the PoWs on top of that!  This kinda looks bad all around... For us and the Chess Club Vents.... kind of makes us look a little incompetent...."
She said softly as she lowered her head and stared down at her feet.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:48 am

"so... How Fu*ked do you think we are 'cuz this mission was basically a flop? Do you think The Gangrel will think that We allowed ourselves to became distracted by this Ventrue drama or even worse see us as being "papered pooches" due to the Ventrue's hospitality?
Ya' think we will be punished?"
Brian smiled to Rebecca and said amused.
"You're the most Gangrel blue blood I've seen.

"I mean that as a compliment by the way."
he smirks.

Then Brian assumed a more serious tone and said.
"You're right that sharing openly our experience here with other Gangrel will not be taken gently. However, our mission has not yet failed. No interrogatory, not even on ghouls is conducted on one night. We have two interrogations completed and some information to share with Astor tomorrow night. So don't worry Gangrels know patience as well..."

" I mean ... Yeah OK, so we might of uncovered a few things going on.... But our "core" mission was a failure regardless.. And we lost one of the PoWs on top of that! This kinda looks bad all around... For us and the Chess Club Vents.... kind of makes us look a little incompetent...."
He shrugs.
"Appearances are not that important. We want the information for practical reasons, among them to start a collaboration with the Ventrue and Tremere. If Astor wanted an efficient interrogation this prisoners would be in the Zoo or in the Queens compound, not here. He's looking to measure how much we want these clans as our collaborators. As you have seen our interrogation methods are quite efficient without Dominate or anything that fancy."

Brian lays back in a comfortable chair near by and says.
"These are complicated business Becca. We're in several missions at once. What we need to do goes far beyond getting information from the POW and helping the Ventrue to solve their own problems is also a part of our mission, don't forget that."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:08 pm

"You're the most Gangrel blue blood I've seen.
"I mean that as a compliment by the way." .
Star chuckled with a grin
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Dann right! Complment taken!
Hell, you might even get me to fight a bear on of these nights! Ha ha ha "

Star laughed and was very pleased by her father's complement.

//..our mission has not yet failed. No interrogatory, not even on ghouls is conducted on one night. //As you have seen our interrogation methods are quite efficient without Dominate or anything that fancy."
Star snickered with laughter
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Yeah ain't that for sure... Vent's so things strangely. I honestly expected more blood and bruising during the  interrogation. They really take that "no harming them" thing to heart don't they. Impressive, but not the least bit satisfying. "
She said with a laugh.

" so how many more nights do you think the interrogation will last? I would hate to stay out our welcome. That "Pet" of Victoria's display of xenophobia started making me think. I man, sure he was compelled to act out... But how many others feel that way inside and are simply to  polite to act on it.

I know us being here is good for the alliance between the clans, but that doesn't mean that our presence here is actually liked, But more tolerated.

Makes me think of a dirty dogs walking on a clean floor. Hee-Hee I'll be surprised if someone doesn't bleach the bed sheets after we leave.. Ha ha ha

Star found her analogy as a easy way to add levity to the serious situation around them

We're in several missions at once. What we need to do goes far beyond getting information from the POW and helping the Ventrue to solve their own problems is also a part of our mission, don't forget that."
Star takes on a more serious demeanor and gives a nod of understanding.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Yeah... A little of this high-stakes political games fly's over my head, but I'm trying to understand. All these formalities is making my head spin a little bit if I'm to be perfectly honest,  I feel a little like Mr. lawless. I can tell for being a BlueBlood he is a more then a little out of place wearing that monkey suit.

I mean he looks like the type of guy who would probably enjoy getting into a bar fight and bashing someone's head in, then actually trying to figure out what Fork is right to eat with so to speak.heehee. Guess not all Ventrue fit the stereotype, this is very reassuring. "

She said with a slight smile thinking of Lawless.
"still I guess being among the Kings one is expected to act a certain way. Still I truly would never have imagined that the Clan of Snobs actually had Warriors among them.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next