World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slumbering habits (Star)

2 posters

Go down

Slumbering habits (Star) Empty Slumbering habits (Star)

Post  Malakiel Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:39 pm

The day was comming and the Beast within knew it and Brian finally gets to his room and watches his daughter, with those pretty-please eyes, looking at him. He was confused and asked her.
"What's wrong?"

Star's old memories about sleeping in a closet or as close her Pack allowed her to be roamed her mind, like a splinter in her head. <Where would I slumber?> she asked herself. There were many closets in Brian's chamber's even outside she could find a box to fit her and slumber there but what was in her father's mind she didn't know, even more was there any Camarilla rules about that?

Last edited by Malakiel on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Slumbering habits (Star) Empty Re: Slumbering habits (Star)

Post  Star Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:48 pm

Star looked very unsettled...
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" um... Where.. Um.. Can I.. Umm...
Is there a certain place?... Or just where ever..."

She wanted to ask her father if she could slumber with him... She felt slightly awkward.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" its.. Just... You know.... Where should I post up for the day?....
Can I ... Slumber with you?..... if you don't mind... Or do you do that "earth-ground" thingy you were telling me about?.....
I can post up in a closet corner or box or something like usual..... I don't like to be too much in the way"

She said that last part lying of course not wanting to tell the true reasons why she would prefer to sleep in a closet then out in the open
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Slumbering habits (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Slumbering habits (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Slumbering habits (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Slumbering habits (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Slumbering habits (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Slumbering habits (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Brian was scandalized by the question, knowing what it meant for her nights with the Sabbat. No surprised she felt less than human, per haps that was her reason to hate the humans to feel that she couldn't have what many of them do as in normal basis.

Her father smiled really shinned the place and said.
"Your Majesty Ventrue Star, how could I leave thy in a box? We humble Gangrel do not possess such royal boxes for your Majesty to feel comfortable. May be thou page bed is worthy for thy?" he smiled.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Indeed Brian was correct, A lot of Star's hatred for humans did stem from the fact that she felt less than human, and envied The Mortals for what they were and the life they had. A life that had been robbed from her by the Sabbat and she was stripped of a lot of her personal modesty and decency in order to survive. This showed in her behavior even though she tried to hide it more often than not.

Star started laughing got her father's goofy antics.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Daddy please... Come on I'm serious...  I don't mind... you'd be surprised what tight spaces I can fit into. Hee-Hee  "
She shook her head
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" just 'cuz I'm a Ventrue doesn't mean I should be treated any different..... I'm fine with a closet or even a bathroom, I don't mind sleeping in the tub. As long as I can barricade the door from the inside...  "
Her words may have sounded like a joke but indeed she was serious
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" beds are... You know... Kinda leave you exposed... they are the 1st place people will look for you to attack ya... I'll take security over Comfort any day.  "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Slumbering habits (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Slumbering habits (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Slumbering habits (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Slumbering habits (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Slumbering habits (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Slumbering habits (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Brian smiled and more serious this time he said.
"My Star, every other Gangrel is a Lair, not different from the cave around us. I was the only one to ask for an actual bedroom and you know why? Because of my time as an animal, it reminds me that I'm not that thing. Bedrooms reminds me Humanity, how to exist with dignity.

I'm in touch with my nature and yes, I understand the Beast as good as any, I was one for starters but I decided to stay human not just in shape but right here."
touching his heart.

"Closets are for weapons, you're not long one. If you want to sleep in a closet go ahead but you're free to sleep as humans do in a bed and even if we can't enjoy it during our slumber you'll find your awakening easier to bare."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Star didn't know what to say, her father seen through her and his words hit home. Indeed she had gotten used  to thinking of herself as something less then human, a weapon for the Sabbat, or Sword of Caine.
She had been denied the things that humans take for granted each day. Perhaps this was to reinforce the ideas the Sabbat wanted her to hold, she didn't know.

Star gave her father a nod, though she felt a like awkward, during her time as a vampire she was never permitted to be in a bed before. Their reasoning was that it was an easy place to get attacked.
Star knew that she was safe among the Gangrel, if they wanted her dead they would have done it already, so she didn't have any fear of being disturbed during the day from them.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" I... Um... Think I'll try the bed then.... If um... Its OK... I don't want to be a bother ... Or be in the way.... "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:38 pm

The Slumber began as expected numbing her senses and letting her no rest except to recall the events of the night before. Everything was confusing images of Haquim, Jezebelle and Chico swirling in her mind making her feel unsettled by the influence of the Beast.

The blood of the young man she took still roamed in the back of her mind reminding her all the hate she could feel and yet can't expressed by the torpor of day time.

Suddenly she woke up, her sense slowly coming back to her and there was the comfortable bed she was in. For a second she reminded the good all days. She also smell her father scent it was just another begining, no longer she felt like a weapon ready to be used by the Sabbat or the Camarilla.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down