World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family mausoleum (sam)

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Empty Re: Family mausoleum (sam)

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Martha rose an eyebrow and smiling at Samantha she said.
"I hope not to sound too much like a Toreador, the vampire clan of the rose but Sam, my dear, you're better dead now. What a boring life was yours!"

With swift skills Martha draw a pocket fan from her dress than Samantha would have sworn was an ornament not an accesory. Rapidly unfolds it and cover her mouth to giggle at her.
"I don't mean to be rude but did you thought that condition was normal?" underlining it as Samantha needed professional help for that.

Martha looked away and folding again her fan she said.
"That servant over there, the one with the flowers. Lives a comforting life with a purpose, he serves a higher being and is rewarded everyday, recognized even for his good work.

What are his alternatives? Kids? Wife? another kind of slavery? Humans are just part of the food chain, not the top as they like to think of themselves. Our slaves at least know their place in a world secret to the rest of mankind and given talented inviduals they can be promoted to Ghouls or even Vampires."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Being dead did give you a fresh perspective on your former life.

I fell into a trap of my own making Lady Eriksdatter. And the more I fought the further I fell.

Had not my Sire come, and then saved me. I would still be there, desperately looking for something interesting.
Sam caught herself relaxing and reminded herself exactly where she was and who she was with.

I turned away from my world for him, but as he has made clear, there must be more. You spoke of a higher calling, that this is Clan of Kings.

What does that mean exactly?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue14/14Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/1Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7/7Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:24 pm

While they were walking down the stables Lady Eriksdatter started to tell a long story.
"In ancient times, before the greek empire was yet to rise, the legendary Clan Ventrue roamed in Britannia. At that time, many vampires walk the earth in solitary existences and struggles. I couldn't say that Clans backthen meant what they do these nights but still Clan Ventrue created the first Vampiric Kingdom, also known as Camelot and the round table is still today a symbol of our power, The Board.

History wise many people talk of our Kingdom according to the romances that appeared much later, during the 12th century in france but as inspiring as those books may be, the true Camelot was the first Kingdom in Britannia, and all Europe for that matter. Our second project is better portraited in human's history books as the Roman Empire, a little more than 2000 years ago our Ancestors went throught the channel into mainland to civilized the people living in savagery backthen.

There, we created feudalism, as a way to bring order to that chaos and it served us well, to bring our experience from the ancient courts of Camelot to Europe and for that service to humanity and other kindreds they start to call us the Clan of Kings."

Martha did a small pause and said.
"Being a Ventrue is honoring our lineage, no vampire can be as proud as we are about the services that or kind has done to the entire civilization. If it wasn't for us, there would be no civilization at all."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Sam listened respectfully, nodded at the right places and was truely interested in the story.

A part of her though questioned the details, civilisation did not start and end in the European ancient world. The Chinese had been forging well ahead for thousands of years, the kingdoms in Japan the same if self isolated...the list went on for anyone with a passing interest in history (mortal history truth be told)

Have the tactics changed in recent centuries?

The world is smaller now, as it becomes more connected, world wars, terrorism. Do Clan Ventrue have a stake in these too?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue14/14Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/1Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7/7Family mausoleum (sam) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Martha sighed and replied moving her head side by side.
"Forgive my dear, I thought you were interested in how things came to be the way they are now. Per haps we can continue this conversation when you're more interested in knowing the causes of the consequences we endure in modern nights, rather than a quick tour.

I think we have made your Sire wait for us too long. May be we should get back to him. Shall we?"

She said while walking back to the house.
"I'm sure Prator Eliah Ellison would agree that fledglings lack the necesary patience for understanding the True Nature of the Clan of Kings. This will be a very interesting week, very interesting indeed..."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:04 pm

I’m sorry Arpie Eriksdatter. she kept the apology short and her gait submissive. Knowing she had annoyed the woman.

Wow, and she’d been seen as hard work in the ER, she concentrated on the short walk back to the house rather than allow her mind some visual representation of the inflexible nature of the Ventrue Arpie...
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Lady Eriksdatter stopped on her track and turn to face Samantha. Locking her gaze into her eyes.
"Words mean nothing if you won't accept the consequences. Are you? Righteous enough to endure the punishment I see fit for your acts?"

Martha's eyes were blazing with fierce and strong character. She meant every word.

OOC: If your next answer is not sincere roll Manipulation + Substerfuge (contested roll)
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:41 am

Her abrupt stop had Sam nearly career into her, and then the shock of the words themselves laid heavy on Sam's mind.

What choice was there here? She didn't want to disappoint Eliah, or Lady Eriksdatter, especially on her first night as a Vampress. But it would be horrible what ever she had in stall, this from people who deemed it reasonable to hold a house full of slaves, to rule over mortals like they were cattle.

There was no choice, and she would hate it, hate herself for it no doubt, and at that moment she was scared again. Having to submit to this woman, to her 'Sire', to how many countless others before she gained an inch of respectability in their eyes.

You are my teacher Arpie Eriksdatter she answers, not hiding the obvious fear in her voice and deadly serious in her answer You have every right to punish me. Thank you.. and this despite her resolve felt like soap in her mouth, Thank you for the chance to make things right.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:08 am

Eriksdatter remembered lady V, <What would she do?> Last time she rip to shreds the Agoge gawn, that poor guy, had to wear that crap for over a year on her command. Then to her mind came that other Girl, what was her name? Lucy? Lucia! she forced her to never speak until she was asked directly until the Agoge ended... Oh that Britainies child, she wore that hideous 'blame sign' hanging from her neck of a month. She remember it was removed by her Sire and that really caused a conmotion.

Martha tried to convinced herself that they were different and she was far too kind to allow this 'torture'. After no more than two or three seconds stareing at Samantha she decided.

A powerful slap to the face made Samantha's head swirl, her hair got upset about it and almost lost her balance. <What a strong bitch>. She thought.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:21 am

Sam’s head swam round, her body followed. She struggled with balance as her mind was assaulted fresh from all the input that she had started to acclimate to.

As soon as she could she reached the same spot as before, ready for more should the Arpie want. Her vision took slightly longer to reach an equilibrium, and her dignity was a long way from its normal level.

But, she took hold of what composure she could and waited.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 am

Eriksdatter smiled to her in a warm kind way.
"Oh Dear, you're a mess, let's go. You need to refresh, we can't meet your Sire like that. If you can keep a secret, so can I. Shall we?"

They walked down to the closest bathroom and Martha made Sam to sit in front of her, while she rearrange her hair.
"You're a mistery to me Samantha. I now see potential in you but may be as a Knight or Templar, don't get me wrong, I'm sure you can be turned into a butterfly but would you still be you?"

Sam's hair was done for the third time tonight and she was ready to continue the walk.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:59 am

Was this a trick, had she missed something?

Maybe a blow to the head could do that to a Vampress?

She nods in agreement, fair better to keep this mistake between the two of them.

Please. I don’t want to disappoint either my Sire or you, Arpie Eriksdatter. she looked for permission to continue I promise I will study hard, and with your help, reach my potential. Or at the very least aid my Sire.

Humility was a new concept for Sam, she very much feared she was going to get plenty of practice.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:17 pm

I’m not sure I am butterfly potential Arpie Eriksdatter.

At least not now. I’m too impatient, always wanting an answer, looking for problems.

It made me very good at what I once was, but I am no longer that mortal.

I would appreciate your advice.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Martha elocuently said.
"From ancient times Ventrues have been Kings and Queens. Our caste is choosen by God to rule over Kindred, like human Kings ruled over mortals once. We have the Right by God to command others for their own sake, all sheeps need a shepherd.

Ths Right of Command can be excerted by feather or sword, all Ventrue eventually tend to be one over the other althought one can always use both according to the situation. In this court we call those of the feathers Peacocks or butterflies and sword users, we call Knights. It does not depend on your impatience but in your spirit, your essence, your true self. Meditate about it, you'll be expected to fulfill a role after your Meeting with the Board and it would highly depend on your abilities to solve problems.

You seem a very straight forward person, you speak your mind and wait others to be as honest. Per haps in your former existence that was acceptable but no vampire speaks so superficially: we mean blood but we say vitae, we mean dry a human's blood to her death but we say embrace... You should be more careful on this matter if you expect to be useful for Eliah or he will be needing another Childe very soon..."
said with a poisonous tone in her voice, letting the last silab fade into extintion. Then she started to walk away.

"Come on Dear, we don't want to keep your Sire waiting."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:22 am

Sam followed on, the phrase lost in thought is often used when describing a meditation of sorts. But the truth it is far from the case.

Her mind raced, it had done since she woke up in the crypt, a hundred options and decsions laid before her, waiting to trip her at every turn.

What did Eliah want from her? Was she just a reflection of a woman he had lost? Did he have plans for her, he definately had plans of his own, and she was a she pawn in that. She had been presented like a new toy, an expensive one, one that they could break.

So that was it, she had a choice to make, sit back and wait for him to tire of her or take control. Or make a change, learn, adapt and grow.

She had a feeling she had endless amount of fight in her, so let them prod and pick and threaten and 'mold'. At the end she would be still standing, different maybe, stronger probably. But lets see them push her around then, she just needed time, and Eliah had given her plenty of that.

The poison in Lady M's voice cemented it all, and instead of looking scared, perhaps for the first time that night, Sam smiled.

She was going to fight, and woah betide anyone who got in her way.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:21 am

<It seems that you and I are going to get along just fine> Martha thought.

[scene closed]
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum