World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family mausoleum (sam)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Family mausoleum (sam) Empty Family mausoleum (sam)

Post  Malakiel Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:37 am

In the back of her head a sensation begun to awake the vamptress, slowly and steadely, as he senses attuned to the world of the living she noticed a sound, a drop of water against a rock, not three feet away from her head. She new the room was cold but she didn't felt uncomfortable about it, also that she was laying over a stone table but neither it felt even ackward to her back.

She opened her eyes, it was dark, just a thread of light came from a fissure next to the ceiling, around it and where the beam illuminates Samantha managed to distinguish some kind of rock, marble per haps. She sat down and felt like two coins slided down her eyes, bouncing with a melodic metal sound against the floor, she was wearing a gawn, silk by its texture and white judging by the mild reflection over it. Beneath it was a stone table finely sculpted and suddenly she realized where she was.

Family mausoleum (sam) 7556339700_c71720acc0
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Family mausoleum (sam) Empty Re: Family mausoleum (sam)

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:14 am

Go towards the light...that was what they said wasn’t it.

A door however made much more sense.

So this was death, she thought, the logical part of her mind desperately trying to stay in charge. And I’m in a tomb.

A flicker of the memory of her death flew past, provoking contrasting sensations, fear and desire.

The marble floor was cold against her feet, and she padded across to the boundary of the room.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Family mausoleum (sam) Left_bar_bleue14/14Family mausoleum (sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
Family mausoleum (sam) Left_bar_bleue1/1Family mausoleum (sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
Family mausoleum (sam) Left_bar_bleue7/7Family mausoleum (sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:09 am

The beam of light crossed Samantha's eyes blinding her for a second, as she got close to the source she managed to see a metal door of some kind. Closed and the upper right corner had a point letting the thread of light get in.

She felt the door lever and push down, creating a square of light around the door, very intense like a reflector was pointing right at this place.
Family mausoleum (sam) DoorLight-646x363

This was the light source:
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:46 am

Shielding her eyes with her arm, Sam pushed the door open, listening out for anybody or anything that might be outside.

The moon isn’t supposed to be this bright. I suppose she thought that is the reason for the theatrical flair, away from light and sound and movement. Giving senses time to adjust.

Adjust to what exactly was the million dollar question.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Family mausoleum (sam) Left_bar_bleue14/14Family mausoleum (sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
Family mausoleum (sam) Left_bar_bleue1/1Family mausoleum (sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
Family mausoleum (sam) Left_bar_bleue7/7Family mausoleum (sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:08 pm

Samantha felt her throat dry and her muscles cry to pull the door open, she had never felt this soared before. Her eyes were atrophied as well as her limbs, to a level she wouldn't should be able to survive at all. It was like she was born and thirty years had passed without ever using her body at all.

Her eyes had never seen light in this new body, her ears never heard a sound until now and her body never moved until tonight. Samantha being a certified medic knew the effect of atrophia in the sensorial threshold and perception of intensity. This is why was overwhelm by every sensation and her whole body was resenting even the slightless movement.

Outside she found a cemetery by the sea.
Family mausoleum (sam) Long_i11

She was alone dressed with white long gawn, silk and saten with embroided brilliant stones. Confused and lost, even the slightless cracks in the surrounding trees were like drums resounding in her ears, the waves crashing by the sea like car crashes against the shore, the moon light like a summer noon.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:41 am

Hardly dignified, she half stumbles half falls out of the building.

She had nothing to qualify this against, no yard stick. Would it always be like this, a constant struggle to control her senses. How long had she been like this?

She looked around, scanning the cemetery for any sign of life, even the lights of cars in the distance.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:06 pm

The solitude of the cemetery was extreme, walking among tombs as she tried to find any sign of life at all, aside from the trees, owls and eventual bats flying at high speed looking for food. Samantha walked to the highest hill she could find and from there she saw the Ellison Castle not far away. The beautiful gardens and high windows.

As she walked down the hill and closer to the castle fence she noticed movement from the security staff and even before she got there Eliah was waiting for her at the main access to the Ellison Cemetery.
Family mausoleum (sam) Elliah10
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:41 pm

She unconsciously smoothed the dress as she saw him. It was a fruitless exercise, she knew with the texture of her hands that her face was monstrous.

Her motion did grow a little more steady, there was purpose here, he had not abandoned her. The relief of that washed over her, and with it grew confidence.

Pushing herself towards him, trying not to lurch as her muscles protested, willing herself forward.

She focused on Eliah, as the sounds and smells and noises continued their assault, even the wet hem that caught on her bare legs as she walked fought for her attention.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Eliah started to walk inside the Ellison Cemetery to find his love, finally the two reached eachother in an eternal embrace.

Eliah hug her with intense force
as she held to him to never let him go.

Their gaze locked and kiss. Samantha was again his and he of hers, forever, as equals right now death seemed like an small price to pay.

He took her under his coat and lead her into the castle. Her muscles sore and her bare feet felt cramps torturing her with every step. Eventually they got again to the house where everything had began and took her upstairs giving her a chance to be washed. Two maids were to this task, to bath her and cleanse every part of her body, oil her skin with unguents and brush her hair. Eliah had chosen a beautiful dress for her, very victorian, embroided and beautiful yet overcharged.

Family mausoleum (sam) 9100443a90b1808378d9c465a9a069b5
Eliah said.
"You look beautiful my Queen." smiling at her.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:36 am

There was a world of questions she wanted to ask, but she contented herself with just being with him again. There was something new there, a connection that was stronger than before.  Something that seemed to form part of her very core.  

He had taken her life and given her a new one.  Samantha was not used to be being in the dark, waiting for answers.  For him, however she felt like she could forgive anything, whatever he had done, what ever it was she had allows him to do.

While her feet and legs ache and cause her pain, the soft wool of his coat brush against her skin, the smell of his cologne fills her nostrils.  And like this they struggle on, each agonising step after another.

The stairs seem like a mountain, the driveway, gravel biting into her feet like glass or so it seemed.  But eventually there was smooth stone beneath her feet, soft carpet, warm water washing away the dirt, heating her ice cold skin for a time.

She stood at the end, dressed in the elborate gown.  

Eliah she tried to talk, her voice raspy and weak at first, never used before.  Her vocal cords learning their purpose again, or for the first time?  It was hard to classify the then and now.  

It wasn’t that she had died, but the world before had.  She had no use for the pettiness of before, the small people, small jobs.

Eliah, I love you there she thought, start with the important things.

She smiled back at him, reaching out for his hand, a hand that no longer felt cold.

I am ready for anything if you are with me.  Yours completely.

Her old self would mock her for the sentiment, for this new thing she had become however knew she could love no one else as deeply.  It was if part of him resided in her, but she did not have the words to describe it.

And there was desire to, a desire to taste his blood again, to feel what she had felt before.  The thought should disgust her but the reality was far removed.

She spoke once more as they began to walk.

Samantha doesn’t seem right anymore, but neither does Margaret.

Perhaps, we can come up with a new name together? Maybe someone from your family, our family.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:57 am

As the maid brushed Samantha's naked body she realized that it had changed. Her skin was young again, perfect, smooth and pale. All those little marks, scars, the age signs... are were gone from her face. Her hair natural color returned, brighter than ever, young as long gone.

Everything seemed strange, Eliah ordered for the maids to keep the house as dark as possible before he went out and for Samantha it was like the lamps were still on. Eventually they finished and he took Samantha out of the dressing room to the study. Eliah listened to Sam's loving words and he replied.
"I 'll love you forever. I love as my equal. I've loved you even before I met you."

Eliah was suprised for Samantha's request.
"Per haps a Queen's name would be more suitable for a woman like you."

He closed the study doors and went to sitdown with her.
"I imagine you'll have a thousand questions. The first thing I want to tell you is that your body is not the same. You've changed and it is normal you feel it alien for you.

but go ahead. What are your questions?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:34 am

Her confidence returned at his close proximity and found that her mind at least hadn’t suffered the same as the rest of her.

Tell me the worst now, so you can show me the good.

You said I would be cursed.  What does that mean exactly?  

I read a few things in your library, but I would like the full story.

And also
she tried to not lick her lips at the memory please tell me more about your blood.  Does it always taste so.. she struggles to find the right word.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Eliah sat down comfortably to start a long story.
"Thousands of years can't be explain properly in just one night. Further more, some knowledge can't be told, you'd have to live it, if you want to try understand it.

The Curse is at least one hundred thousand years old, if not more. Comes with the dawn of human kind as it is today. I wasn't there but first human art and expressions already show vampires among them. Per haps, there are many of those first vampires walking among us, may be they're already gone but their curse lingers.

What is to be cursed? the answer depends on each vampire. For some is losing everything, for others is losing themselves but we all lose something. For those that have nothing to lose, the only thing left is to be lost forever in the embrace of the Beast.

All Beast are different and each vampire has its own. What it is? The unsatiable Thirst, neverending, asphixiating, that unavoidably will lead you to madness. Being Cursed is being overtaken by the Beast and kill everyone you love or destroy yourself. The Beast won't ever leave you, and it will go stronger with Thirst and Rage, no vampire can escape it."

The Elder stayed contemplating his own thoughts for a moment. <My poor Margaret...> he thought.

Then he said.
"What would you lose? What is meaninful in your existance? what would stop you from surviving if you lose it? Answer that question and imagine the Beast everynight threatens it, without excemption."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:02 pm

For me..

Apart from you that is, my family are the only people I truly care about.

My work too, it’s not just about solving the problem, putting back the fragile pieces. It is the satisfaction that I can help, sometimes when no one else has the capacity.

The wonder of it all, how all the parts fit together, each part connected to the other. The order and chaos crammed into a simple human form.
she gets more animated as she speaks, remembering what it was she had loved about her vocation.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Eliah drawed his fangs out and made a cut in one of his fingers. Then he pushed slightly the wound to blob out some blood, about a drop of vitae.

Samantha was confused, what was the point in Eliah's actions? Suddenly, she felt her throat dry in a second, he body tensed up and felt a powerful urge comming from inside, from the back of her mind. Screaming, roaring, growling... it was pure savagery demanding to take a sip of that, delicious, sweet, powerful blood.... she felt her mouth watering and her eyes longing once for it.

The second she tried to think about what was going on, why was she feeling this way, more the anxiety built up and was barely in control of herself. She needed it and she will get it one way or the other... even against her will she stood up, the smell was so exhilarating...

Then Eliah put the finger back in his mouth sucking it up and closing the wound. Inmediately the Beast retreated as the temptation was over. <I would have killed Eliah for that blood> Samantha thought.

Eliah said.
"Imagine it was your mother or your sister having a paper cut, or even her period."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 am

Sam moved away, the memory of what she could have done too fresh in her mind.

She was horrified at herself and the reality of the thing that now appeared to share her body

Shaking her head in disbelief No, that can’t be right...I would have done anything for a single drop.

Is it always this bad, this hard
she looks at him in desperation Can I learn to control it.

Will it always be this painful?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 am

Eliah nodded. "The Beast is just one of three major dangers for the Kindred of the Camarilla. My Queen, beware of the Red Death, Fire. Also of the Sunlight is another major threat for our kind.

You'll learn everything during your Agoge. A period where the Vampire Clan Ventrue will train you to become a respected member of our community. The Agoge has already started, from this night until your presentation before his majesty Prince Michael Bright you should focus on learning to be a valuable courtesan."

He continued.
"Before any other vampire you should call me Sire, is a word that means for our kind that I embraced you, turn you to a vamptress. Privately you are free to address me as you see fit, as you have always have.

You're dressed for the occasion of meeting some members of the Clan, as preparation for your presentation in the board next tuesday, in three nights from now. These two vamptress are honored with the title of Harpies, they know about etiquette and protocol in the vampire world.

You're a wonderful woman, there is nothing you should be worried about my Love. Just remember these two are not naive, they will judge you so do your best to impress them."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Eliah was telling her nothing complicated essentially, and definitely not anything that Sam couldn’t comprehend intellectually.

But yet. She still felt overwhelmed. Was the control the thing she would learn, or was is always going to be this hard?

Her decision was made, this was not something you turned back from. Better then to tackle it head on, to do whatever she could to impress both him and these Ventrue. And she thought med school was hard.

How do I address them? These two Ventrue Vamtresses, and what is a harpie?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Eliah was very comfortable explaining the City Status Quo, Samantha saw him in his element. Happy about such things as vampire politics.
"First I'd have to explain what an Elysium is.

Cities like New York are ruled by a Prince, under the Council of Nine that rules the Camarilla. Princes and Princesses are Vampires invested with the Autoritas over all Kindreds in the City.

Under him in this case, are the seven Primogen or First of their Blood. The seven ruler of the Camarilla Clans in New York City. Our Clan is ruled by Lord Benjamin Hart of the Clan of Kings, Ventrue. Each Primogen has the right to have representatives in each Elysium, Camarilla's Consecrated Havens.

These two vamptress are very influential in the Ivory Tower Elysium and the Guggenheim Museum. These are the two most important places for the Camarilla in New York City. They have helped in the negotiations with all incoming Primogens after we took the City from The Sabbat black hands, also with the Assamite Issue and successfully supported our Clan in the process.

Harpies (social predators) or Arpies (muses), is a good way of refering as well as Lady (aristocracy) or Madam (whores), in reference at different parts of their duties as agents of our clan."

He concluded.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:53 am

The more she heard, the more obvious it was the extent there was to learn.

This was politics on a grand scale.  And a global one at that.

Rather than a simple peek past the curtain, Eliah was going for the full expose.  

She stacked the organisation in her mind, the structures and interactions must be a mind field...bad enough when people move on, retire.  These people do not simply fade away, they must cling to it.  If losing yourself to the Beast was the consequence of losing your sense of self then how highly do they place these political games.  

Position and responsibility were not new concepts for Sam, the medical world is littered with old ideas, great importance placed on your rank, ability, experience and then of course, who you knew and who knew them!

As for the rest, without context it made no sense at all, just names with no meaning, good thing she was an excellent study.

I will try my very best not to disappoint...Sire. she said the last with a smile, trying it out for size. Do you mind me asking if you embraced Margaret?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:01 am

Eliah seemed shock by change of subject.
"Samantha we will take about Margaret in another time. For now let's focus on your training." he seemed upset about it. No pleasant memory that was Marge and embrace in the same phrase.

"Do you have any questions?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:25 am

She felt a sharp unnatural pang of guilt at causing him pain, subtlety was not Sam’s strong point and her mind had a habit of leaping from one subject to the next as it found a connection, however tenuous.

I’m sorry Eliah.. she responded quickly. Feeling very much the lesser of ‘equals’ as things stood.

I have lots of questions, most of which will be covered during my training no doubt. For now I need to know three simple topics.

How to survive in this new form and its restrictions.

How to present myself to others in our Clan and outside it.

And finally to learn the correct steps to ensure your good name is upheld as mine becomes known.

This is politics to a level I have never seen before. And I think navigating it will be more than a lives work.

The focus of which is the arrival of the two Harpies and the first introduction.

She uses this internal filing system as a way to shield herself from the rising terror. A short while back she had woken alone in a tomb, every movement an assault on her senses. On top of this, the introduction, it felt like yet another test, and she didn’t want to think of the consequences failing would mean.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am

Eliah smiled to Sam and began to answer her questions.
How to survive in this new form and its restrictions.
Noticing Samantha's increasing anxity Eliah tried giving her some confidence.
"You'll survive My Queen. All these may seem new for you but for our clan is being like this for a hundred thousand years. You're not alone and we will turn you in the best version of you."

How to present myself to others in our Clan and outside it.
"During your Agoge we will teach you everything you need to know about other Clans, for the moment you won't be expoused to them. As kindreds of Ventrue the Clan will support you and teach you the proper way. This is a period where mistakes are acceptable and all questions are tolerated and answered."

And finally to learn the correct steps to ensure your good name is upheld as mine becomes known.
"Let the Arpies inspire you and lead you to be better and learn everything you can."

This is politics to a level I have never seen before. And I think navigating it will be more than a lives work.
"No mortal is ever prepared to deal with this at once. If you have the will to learn there is nothing you can't do. While you wear that dress, a symbol of your Agoge, you will be preparing for this level of politics"

The focus of which is the arrival of the two Harpies and the first introduction.

"We can simulate that. What would you say to me pretending to be a Arpie?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:38 am

Sam nods as he talks, so there was a little wiggle room to learn, that was good. She absorbed the other information as he spoke, her internal thoughts categorising each new morsel to its correct place.

Even it seemed, the possibility that she would be wearing the same dress for the next who knows when. Had they never heard of scrubs?

I would appreciate that Eliah, just so I know the formalities. How long do we have till they arrive?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 am

He looked at his wrist watch.
"About an hour dear."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum