World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron)

2 posters

Go down

New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron) Empty New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron)

Post  Malakiel Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:41 pm

It's a cold night inside of the Presbyterian Hospital, Aaron laid in his white blankets bed with a soft pillow. As the good patient he is, he was treated with care and respect, unlike that poor girl yelling next door.

This place wasn't so bad afterall, people even made the bed for him, bringing him food and medicines to make him better, just like a little Child. However the bed was cold tonite, very unconfortable, usually it was warm and soft, easy to sleep within but not today.

Unable to sleep Aaron came to think about his current position, how did he ended like this? being nurture as a little baby, being taken care of, even of his loundry, his teeth, he couldn't even get to the bathroom alone without someone appearing at the door to clean his ass. Was this the kind of life he wanted?

New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron) Mental-hospital-door
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron) Empty Re: New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron)

Post  Aaron Kaas-Nielsen Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:10 pm

"The hell it is", he muttered under his breath. With a sudden burst of emotion and energy, he sat up straight and looked around, just to make sure nobody was around. For a moment, he thought back about the last time someone had tried to blow up his head from the inside or tried to brainwash some nurse into poisoning his food. Surely that demented former therapist of his would gleefully go to great lengths to get back at him for having spurned her, sleazy shrew that she was. In his precarious current state, Aaron reasoned, it would be all too easy for her to have her way with him, maybe even something worse.

"Damn, I've become weak", he hissed through his teeth. He hated it every bit as much as he always had. But had he any choice? It wasn't like they would simply sign a forged release paper, open the door, let him rampage through town, hoping for the best. He had made it a habit of fighting his weakness. Defeat had a familiar taste to it, though it aggravated him mightily and agitated him so much, he'd rather lose a million times over than to simply surrender, like probably everybody else expected him to do.

"I'll be damned if you ever see me give up. Any of you. Fuck you! I won't do what you tell me." Aaron realized he was very upset, and he knew what was coming. He braced himself for 'the itch'. And then his attention turned to those damn bandages.

Oh, the bandages. He didn't know what was worse: that he could never quite scratch through them or that he might eventually succeed in doing so. And always the smell, that smell like sulfide -or was it brimstone?-. No. Only in Hell do they have real brimstone, the one that really sears your lungs. But when you sear your lungs, you have to be careful, because the customer might not eat them, and you know how the customer is always right, even when the flabby, sweaty bastard is plainly wrong, he's just too much of an idiot to notice. But an angry client will talk to one of those Colombian drug lords and overdose your ass with black powder. Powder goes well on your face, if you face the book and look him in the eye and say that you're cooler, with cooler colors that rip the flesh from a squirrel's body. A body so limp it looks like booty or boot camp. Was that important, to root for the boot of a camp of tramps?

Aaron went on and on for ten straight minutes. His hand was still sore. But he noticed something had been missing all along -noise. In particular, a certain girl's noise.

He prickled up his ears. Would that girl still be howling stupidly or did they finally manage to knock some sense into her? Maybe just out of sheer morbid curiosity, or perhaps to at least be able to determine whether we was going to have to put up with her piercing shrieks some more, he wondered what might have become of her. He rose up from the bed, looked around once more to make sure no one -or no weird device- was monitoring his every move and reached for the doorknob, touched it, then changed his mind and headed straight for the bathroom.
Aaron Kaas-Nielsen
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron) Empty Re: New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron)

Post  Malakiel Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:52 pm

The noise was loud, not just noise as he thought originally, as Aaron paid more attention to it, approaching to the door he realized that this girl was screaming to the top of her lungs, interrupted from time to time by what seemed to be a lashing stick against her face.

Like in a horror movie the door next to him suddenly opened. There was the nurse, a white female with thin legs and white outfit holding a tray with several med-shots in Hypodermic needles and several pills in plastic depots. Aaron rose his gaze to meet the nurse's but instead of finding the familiar face of the usual nurse, he found her faceless with just a flat 'expressionless' face with no eyes, no mouth and no nose holes, just hair and the akward feeling of being observed even with no eyes.

click me:
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Kaas-Nielsen Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:36 pm

He stared in disbelief as his jaw dropped. He started to take several, staggering steps back and away from the apparition. His chest was heavy, and he started to hiperventilate. With a forceful grimace he shut his eyes.
"Not there, not there, that's just not there."
He was shivering. He could not stop the scratching. He couldn't even pay much attention to his tic. Right now, he wished with all his heart and soul this was just a really vivid, bad dream he was having. But as he tripped while backing up, he fell on his back and felt a sharp wave of pain wash over him. Surely you can't feel pain in your sleep, can you?, he thought.
Still not wanting to open his eyes, he addressed the creature in a trembling, near-hysterical voice: "Wh-what do y-you want from me? What the hell happened to your face? Wha-what are you?". He couldn't really find the words, that's how scared he was. Could any words really save him from whatever horror this creature was?
"Tell them to stop. You're not a cop. It's over the top. Top of my head, but I'm not dead. I don't suppose you want the bomb inside my head to kill us both, do you? So please, don't burst my head open. Please, PLEASE!!!"
Aaron Kaas-Nielsen
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:48 am

In his path retreating from the creature Aaron stumbled, with a piece of furniture or just the bed may be, falling to the ground on his back. While going down a rush of images came to his mind in a rapid motion, like a fastforward of a horror movie about him being sodomized by this phantom nurse. Then when his back knocked against the cold floor he suddenly woke up from his nightmare.

Breathing hard... stressed and with a lot of pain in his palm, blood even in the white sheets covering his bed. It was day light, just after dawn, his room seemed normal, the usual shades and shadows projected by the interference with the window light.

In front of his bed was a widescreen TV, had the MP3 player next to his bed and a comfortable, warm carpet covering the ground. The walls were painted in light green with some paintings hanging from them, landscapes of different places. Throught the window he saw the garden, covered with green grass and flowers, aside from the big trees whom's shadows had womb Aaron's vespertine walks.

New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron) Abkhazi_garden_lawn
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Kaas-Nielsen Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Regardless of the bright scenery, regardless of the all-encompassing shades of green that seemed intent on wrapping themselves around his mind like a visual mantra, Aaron still harboured an uneasy feeling, further reinforced -though not caused by- his aching hand. He just knew he had no defense against such sophisticated, untimely, and twisted assaults on him. He felt the need to tell somebody, but it could not be just anyone. This person would be hard to find, as it was necessary that they could find his story believable. Plus he needed that person to be willing and able to help him out. Was there really someone -besides himself- who could give him THAT much? And if so, at how high a price?

Oh, but first things first. Something had to be done about that hand. And it had better be quick. Now, that sounded like an easier task to focus on.

Aaron started to search the room for some clean bandages that they might have left for him to apply. It doesn't take a genius to clean the wound and wrap it in cloth or something, he thought, and further reasoned that, since it was such a persistent tic, the nurses should have figured out by now that he might as well take care of himself on that score at least. "Now, where is that damn gauze!? And where the hell is the alcohol?"
Aaron Kaas-Nielsen
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Aaron found a cabinet in the bathroom with several useful items: gauze, alcohol, tooth brush, among other utilitaries. He managed also to clean his wound and wrap it with a clean sheet of gauze. A few minutes after, he was all set, cleaned up and dressed for his daily activities. By the time he was finished someone knocked at his door.

* Knock * Knock *

"Good morning, may I come in?" was the voice of the usual nurse. The unsettling that Aaron felt during his awakening came back mildly when he heard her voice.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Kaas-Nielsen Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:11 pm

He tried to mask his disquiet with his usual display of tired irritation: "Honestly, child. Does it look like I have a choice? Let's just...let's just get it over with, ok?"

Did she deserve such treatment? No...well, maybe just a little. After all, she neither gives him a way out nor encourages him to find one himself. She's part of the soft power that keeps me in this gilded cage, he thought bitterly.

Hopefully that did the trick and got the nurse at least somewhat annoyed. The least he needed right now was to look pitiable. On the other hand, wasn't his admission of 'choicelessness' (for lack of a better term) anything if not pitiable? He hoped she wouldn't pick up on that. He hoped he sounded grumpy enough, angry enough, like a snarling dog. He damn felt like one, anyway, and for a number of reasons.
Aaron Kaas-Nielsen
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 am

A middle age woman, tall and blonde entered the room wearing a nurse suit, the usual chubby face and overloaded belly. This lady was at least 5’8’’ tall and easily twice Aaron’s weight. Her blue sky eyes and the expression in her face was kind and polite, making it a big highlight in her appearance and odd quality for sure.
“Good morning Mr. Aaron. How are you this morning?”
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Kaas-Nielsen Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 pm

"Well, seeing as I am in a hospital, I believe the good doctor is more entitled than Yours Truly to answer that question. I keep wondering when his opinion will finally match mine...
Now, I would engage in further complaining, but it would be a waste of my time. Instead, how about you be a darling and take me out for a walk, hmm?"
Aaron Kaas-Nielsen
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:24 pm

The woman stared at Aaron for a second, trying to get the meaning of those words. May be she was just a little slow. A second after she shook her head and said.
"You can ask him yourself, he had come early this morning to have a talk with you. You, him and some of his collegues I believe"

She gave Aaron a polite and smile and added.
"You would come with me Mr. Aaron?" showing him the door.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

New York Presbyterian Hospital (Aaron) Empty Aaron's word-salad reply

Post  Aaron Kaas-Nielsen Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:39 am

He gave her a defeated, despondent grimace, and after a sigh, said in a half-whisper:
"No choice for the toothless lion with sharply dull fangs and gigantic tiny teeth, is there? Same thing that happens to all of those plidgery bobblescaughfers who mengaddle trumbully".
He squinted at her, as if trying to make out facial gestures.
Aaron Kaas-Nielsen
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down