World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New friends in a new town.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New friends in a new town. Empty New friends in a new town.

Post  Lexi Rose Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 pm

I suppose it's always been instinctive to be scared to go out into the big city at night. I may be tough, but I'm still a girl. My vampirism eases the fear of muggers and rapists. Except now there are things to worry about that are scarier than mortal men. Still, my sire says that New York is safe. I translate that as "no blood on the streets" more than actually safe. So I suppose I just avoid Staten Island and Brooklyn. I'll be fine.

I decided that Touch Club sounded like my kind of place. Crime tends to avoid tourist locations. Time square is that and a bag of chips. Strange to think that all this time Vampires secretly controlled the world. Stranger still that there are specific places that they can feed. I suppose night clubs would make sense.

I arrive outside Touch, in my trendy dress* hoping that my status as kindred would let me bypass the line. If not, I have other ways.

*I don't know what a trendy cool dress would look like in the 90s. I don't even know what it is now.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
New friends in a new town. Left_bar_bleue4/10New friends in a new town. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Willpower:
New friends in a new town. Left_bar_bleue2/4New friends in a new town. Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Health:
New friends in a new town. Left_bar_bleue6/7New friends in a new town. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/7)

Back to top Go down

New friends in a new town. Empty Re: New friends in a new town.

Post  Malakiel Thu May 21, 2020 11:16 pm

The weather was cold and windy tonight, people just walking down the street with raincoats and heavy clothing. It wasn't usual to have so low temperatures this time of the year but nonetheless it was just the way it is.

As Lexi gets out of the cab she notices several cops, including a couple of mounted ones just walking down the street, keeping an eye on the surroundings. Also a few bystanders selling some cheap stuff to tourists walking around.

The Touch was crowded tonight, the street sidewalk had a line of people waiting to enter the noisy club, about twenty people mix genders and ages ranging from 18 to 30 years old by the look of it, dressing non accordingly to the weather with very short skirts and open shirts. The main entrance had a thick security, four tough men and a host female checking on people entering the place with hand metal scanners, just to advance to the cashier to pay the ticket in and be given a paper bracelet to mark them as VIP or just regular customers.

That's when Lexi noticed a second and almost nonexistent line where some people, wealthy people, came, said something to the white red beard gorilla at the door, to be allowed to the cashier. Only those were marked as VIP and by the look of it, they paid way much more money to be allowed in.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Fri May 22, 2020 6:42 pm

On second thought, maybe I'll wait in line like a good girl. After all, I dont want to step on the toes of the club owner as a first impression. He, or perhaps she, probably lets kindred skip the line when they know said kondred can do favors for them. For now, be a good girl and wait like everyone else.

Besides, dominate got me in trouble once tonight. I feel like using it again might keep that trend going.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
New friends in a new town. Left_bar_bleue4/10New friends in a new town. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Willpower:
New friends in a new town. Left_bar_bleue2/4New friends in a new town. Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Health:
New friends in a new town. Left_bar_bleue6/7New friends in a new town. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri May 22, 2020 7:08 pm

The vamptress steps behind a couple wearing black leather head to toes, skipping many nude parts along the way, specially for the 'lady'. After an hour of standing in line Lexi had reached the last quarter of it but people keep arriving to the premises and the line behind her was even larger than it was when she arrived.

The smells of colognes and perfumes covering the human natural scent also helped to mimic the smell of the streets, even some of the less fortunate passing by asking for some help, while hiding from the police that was ready to kick 'em off as soon as they appeared.

Half an hour later Lexi was allowed to the cashier, paying half the fee of the regular entrance for being a female: $50. Also given a red paper bracelet around her wrist and informing her the irrelevant benefits of the down payment, such as three free drinks and one service of soda or sparkling water.

While she was at it another man came alone to the cashier, apparently over his fifteenths very well attired mostly black with a pair of fancy leather shoes. Paying $200 dollars with a black plastic credit card.

Lexi is allowed in.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Sun May 24, 2020 12:35 am

I always hated clubbing. Loud noises. Bright lights. Obnoxious smells. All the sharper now that I'm kindred. It goes against my love of order. The very thing that makes me just as much Ventrue as the old money that are my contemporaries. Not that we are contemporary by any means. Still, places like this attract people that suit my taste in blood. So I deal with it.

I'm not here to party. I'm here to find a toreador. They don't exactly wear signs around their necks saying "I'm the degenerate that can get shit done.". I'm not much of an investigator. I never thought it would be something I need to do in life. The discipline Auspex might help me in this instance. If only I wanted to heighten my senses in a club.

I'm thinking like a man again. I'm not a man. I'm a dominatrix. I don't chase men, they come to me and lick my boots. So that's my strategy. I'll wait by the bar with Presence active and see where that leads me. Just like fishing.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Sun May 24, 2020 1:02 am

Lexi Rose carried out 6 launched of one New friends in a new town. 10.1 (Roll.) :
4 , 7 , 10 , 3 , 10 , 2
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun May 24, 2020 11:57 am

Lexi entered the premises with an air of superiority walking down the steps coming from the outside, looking the dance floor at her right being bath with multicolored laser beams at the beat of the electronic music. On her way down she had to rub herself against many just standing on the stairs or just trying to walk up.

Beyond the dance floor Rose saw two small platforms with one beautiful woman dancing over it on each; and even further a plexiglas bar shining with glowing light. As she walk down she started to receive flashing stereoscopic white light making the dance look in slow motion as the loud electronic music beats her ears.

Eventually she reached the bar, shifting colors from red to pink; then blue to purple, also blinking rapidly at the music pace. Many were at the bar, some sitting, others just calling for the bartenders attention to grab a drink. Lexi looks around for a sit but certainly there wasn't any.

When the vamptress focus the power of her vitae to invoke her unnatural majesty a sudden but yet subtle reaction occurs. A man with a group of friends sitting at the bar takes her hand seductively and stands up to offer his sit to her, at her shock reaction the girl next to him palms the sit with an smile inviting her to sit; a third in the group rapidly ask Lexi.
"Hey! what's your name?"

One the bartender approaches to ask Lexi.
"Good evening, can I serve you something?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Sun May 24, 2020 4:17 pm

So I've attracted someone. Someone I'm sure is kine. He could still have his uses in my goal to find the toreadors in the rack. I decide to play along. "Get me an appletini and I'll give you my name."

In life I was more of a straight whiskey girl. Except men found that intimidating. They wanted to be the big macho protectors, so I let them. Like I'm letting this man be now. I'm not some ballbusting bitch to him. I'm just a girl alone at the bar.

Thank Caine I can still eat food. There are some weird clients I've had that just wanted me to eat gummy bears in front of them. I may have lost exhibitionism with my embrace, but those food people pay a lot of money. Glad I didn't lose them. Still, not having working digestion is obnoxious. Puking isn't fun.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun May 24, 2020 4:23 pm

The gallant third member of the group turns to the bartender with a millionaire attitude asking for the stranger's appletini while leaning back on the bar, next her to say
"I did my part but judging by the service in this rathole I will probably get your name in an hour" he giggles.

The rest of the group kept interested in what Lexi was to say next, even the bartender instructed by the young man delayed to get the order just to hear the next words from her lips, still jumped to go fetch it when the man talked about lousy service.

Meanwhile, the party was rocking around and most specially on the dance floor.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Sun May 24, 2020 9:46 pm

That was rude. Yet i thought it best to humor him. Perhaps by the end of the night I coukd get his balls in a humbler.

I smiled, put my hand out for a shake, and told him. "I'm Lexi."
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 pm

The young man held Lexi's hand with a rather delicate grip, trying to not hurt her in anyway but he got surprised by Roses' strength and hold on him. Feeling from the first moment her controlling demeanor that got him a little intimidated.

Still to save some face he answers with pretended self assurance.
"My name is Bill... Bill Murray"

The young man was about twenty something years old, closer to thirty. Had blue eyes blonde hair and rather pale skin. Although his hand was warm and he seemed agitated, sweating a little even probably for the heat due to the crowd. Another member, this time a girl offered her hand in salutation to Lexi, very excited about it.
"I am Sonia, nice to meet you Lexi"

From the corner of her eye Lexi saw the bartender finishing her drink and coming back to her.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Mon May 25, 2020 8:38 pm

Just hold court with these people and the right kindred will show up. Toreadors want to know who that new girl with all the attention is. They're predictable like that. Sometimes I share opinions with Nosferatu about them. They have their uses though. Unlike some clans.

Perhaps this group is the kindred I'm looking for. His hand was warm, but I know of the Blush of Life. I hear Toreadors like using it for sex. I actually find the idea of sex disgusting. Even when I was alive. Which is why I kept my cherry. and why Toreadors are called degenerates.

"Nice to meet you. Bill Murray, like the comedy actor? I liked him in ghostbusters."
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue May 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Malakiel wrote:Another member, this time a girl offered her hand in salutation to Lexi, very excited about it.
"I am Sonia, nice to meet you Lexi"

From the corner of her eye Lexi saw the bartender finishing her drink and coming back to her.[/justify]

OOC: Are you ignoring the girl and the bartender?
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Fri May 29, 2020 12:48 pm

I shake Sonia's hand after Bill's. "Nice to meet you as well. Hold on a second."

I turn around and get my drink from the bartender. "Thank you." I tell him before getting back to the group.

"So, are you all locals or tourists? I just moved here myself."
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat May 30, 2020 11:56 am

This group was assiduous of The Touch, at least once a month they came to enjoy the music, specially a nights like this when a band was coming for a live performance. Part of the five worked in offices around and Sonia was an office manager for the Bank of America here in New York.

They invite Lexi to partake in their monthly celebration, enjoy some liquor and the sound of the music but the vamptress body was dead a long time ago, even if her corpse didn't rejected the drinks and the food being shared by the group, she found no pleasure in that, her taste could differentiate flavors but it was numbed, nothing like her days in life back in the day.

She could observe the scene very objectively, unattached from those in front of her unable to empathize with their daily problems and works. Still she kept her face waiting for someone, some vampire to come and talk to her but so far nothing. When distracted looking around she noticed the band that was already in da house, installing their equipment to make the play, also that groups were starting to take position around the stand.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Sat May 30, 2020 8:52 pm

I take a sip of my appletini while waiting for the band to set up. I'm glad we're at a point in the 90s where grunge is dead. That crap was so mopey. Maybe the next trend will be something livelier. I was never much of a music person anyway. Still, I'm hoping to enjoy myself during this performance.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun May 31, 2020 12:22 pm

The bald shirtless singer, had many tattoos over his arms and back with anarchist symbolism, also the rests of the band were grunge like punks that had a pick nowdays given the birth of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains among many others. The sound was ready, the crowd converged in front of the stage and the singer started yelling the bands name.

"SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER TERRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRR" - he yells.

Then the performance starts.
The attention suddenly shifted toward the band with a very familiar sensation for Lexi, as the Presence of the singer made the crow go wild with screams and dances.

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Sun May 31, 2020 6:35 pm

I should hate this. I should think this band is nothing but noise. I should leave and try to visit the other club instead. Instead, I'm moshing in heels. It became apparent to me that I found my Toreador.

I could use my willpower to stop myself. Except I need him to like me. I need to get in good with these people. Even if their music sounds like the kind of shit brujah like. Grin and bear it. Their set will be over soon enough.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun May 31, 2020 11:59 pm

I'm moshing in heels

OOC: Do you actually go to the pit to mosh with the rest?
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:20 am

It's quite a high energy show. I was banging my head, jumping into the other people, and letting my arms flail willy nilly. All while trying to stay up with heels on. This is not who I am. However, Alcibiades was a different person to different people. That's what I have to be now.

Maybe I should've thought this through and not just given in to his presence. I wouldn't do this with my beast. Except other kindred can get me what I want more than my beast. The sets are only 30 minutes. I can do this.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:39 am

The pit was harsh and violent, still nothing above what people expected apparently since they all stayed in banging against each other faster and faster as the group went wild screaming the lyrics and letting the fast pace percussion to lead the way. Suddenly an stroboscopic light started to flash making everything look in slow'mo flashes of unknown faces entwined with the band just head banging on the stage.

At some point the energy in the pit was unbearable, the smell of blood from broken noses and the violent stimulation from the harassing people around her started to collect a toll on Lexi's Beast that felt increasingly threaten by this situation. About ten minutes of two pieces played one right after the other created in her a sensation of anxiety and apprehension that started to unsettled her more and more...

Fill with emotions that were starting to cloud her judgement she felt the need to retire, still in control of herself and keeping her shit together she entertains the idea of getting the fuck out of there, she knew it was the Beast talking. When suddenly the lights went off for half a second, then on with max illumination and back off, over and over with a slow pace drum solo on the background while the guitar came to riff like crazy with the lead guitar just whipping his hair in circles.

Go to 2m06s to get an example of the riff:

When suddenly the lights went off again and a powerful elbow find her jaw, giving her the knock of her life. As her head turned, surprised as hell she whole system panicked feeling under attack.

Roll: Self-Control. dif 7
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 pm

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Lexi Rose carried out 3 launched of one New friends in a new town. 10.1 (Roll.) :
7 , 5 , 3
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:36 pm

Pushing my way out of the crowd was a pain in the ass. I didn't take any real damage, but that hurt. Would've hurt more if I was actually human. This is fun for people? To get hurt at a rock show? I'm definitely going to the other club next time. I've gone through the worst of it I think. I'll just sit at the bar and wait for their set to end. Then I'll approach him.

Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:28 am

Lexi stood tall and still trying to figure out what was going on but still under the entrancement of Presence she felt the urge to stay with the crowd and jump with them. Knowingly that it was the [Presence] that kept you there a little longer.

While figuring out what to do, in that moment of hesitation she felt a pointy object, like a dagger or a knife pierce through her clothes with ease, striking her ribs from the right side. As she turned to see her attacker the lights went off again and half a second later when the illumination came back there was no one there.

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next