World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan

2 posters

Go down

[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Empty [FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan

Post  Star Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:46 pm

Just as Star hangs up with Phillip she pulls into the leveled parking  garage of the Hillten Hotel in Manhattan.

[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan 195334431

Star found a parking spot and made a quick look around to see if she saw Madison's vehicle.
No doubt Madison wouldn't have enough sense to ditch her car.
Star knew that there was probably 1000 mistakes this woman made in her crime, none of which Star thought was well planed out. Or else she wouldn't be in this mess in the 1st place.

[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan 147437_18022002170062121869

Star "blushed" and made her way to the hotel's lobby, not bothering to stop at the reception counter. Star had rented the room for the weekend, being that most higher class hotels dont rent sweets for a single night. So still had the room card key.

As Star took the elevator to her floor a wide array of thoughts filled her mind.
Star wasn't quite sure what she was going to say if Madison truly was shacked up in the hotel.

Could She really just kill this woman outright?

Star shook that thought off.
" no… I'm not a thug"
She thought to herself,
"I need to try to play this smart And i need to control the situation like a Ventrue would, I am a King after all. She is just a human".

Star figured if anything was to truly need to be done in the way of "dealing with" this woman, it could NOT happen here.

She would use her disciplines to calm the situation, getting the woman to follow her out of the hotel and to a more controlled area.

That way if the cops do show up at the hotel, they won't find Madison in Star's rented room.

Deciding what to do with the woman afterward would be between herself and Phillip.

Star made it to her sweet and slid the card key, entering the room.

[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan HH_juniorsuitebed01_386x310_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center

Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Left_bar_bleue8/20[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Left_bar_bleue3/4[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Left_bar_bleue7/7[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Empty Re: [FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan

Post  Malakiel Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Star went up the elevator straight to the hotel room she had shared with Madison, there she found the lights on although the bed seemed to be unused judging by its look from the main door.

As she slowly walked in the room a noise became more clear, someone was crying or at least sobbing somewhere in there. After crossing the second arc in the hallway of the room she found Madison holding her knees while sitting on the room floor devastated: her eyes were red and soared for hours of sleepless crying.

When Madison set her eyes on Star she said between crying and soared throat noises.
"I... I don't know... what have I done?!"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Empty Re: [FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan

Post  Star Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:16 pm

Star stared for a moment at the devastated woman. Her mind raced on just how she should react.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
"Its OK... It doesn't matter..
I'm here for you.. ...."

Star came closer to her and kneeled down to the woman's level and sat beside her on the floor, wrapping her arms around the woman in a hug.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
"I'm so very sorry...
None of this is your fault.
But it won't change the fact of what happened.
I'm so sorry.  
Madison....
They are going to come for you.
I dont think you are safe here.
You need to trust me now.
I'm going to do everything I can to help you.

I can probably get you a good defense attorney, get you a Insanity plea so you won't get the death penalty.

I'm going to do everything I can to help you. I promise.

Star's voice was soft, and full of caring. Weather she actually ment what she said or not. Star knew it was important to try to take control of this situation and do her best to try to fix the mess she caused.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Left_bar_bleue8/20[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Left_bar_bleue3/4[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Left_bar_bleue7/7[FlashBack-Star] At The Hillton in Manhattan Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 pm

The woman inconsolable held strongly to Rebecca crying out loud grieving for her lost family. No words would came out but nevertheless Star felt the knife deeply sink into her heart forcing her to empathize with the monstrous woman.

Right at that moment Star cellphone rang. It was Phillip.
"Are you Ok? is she with you?"

Then he said.
"We have a vehicle under the Hilton for you two. Come down whenever you can."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:52 pm

Star held Madison close, she petted her head softly trying to be comforting.
Strangely Star found herself sympathizing with the woman, something that Star usually never does to mortals.
But Star felt responsible for having played a part in destroying this woman's life.

She picked up the Phone as soon as it rang.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Yeah... OK.. Expect us soon.. Thank you."
Star said, quick and to the point with the call. She hung up and looked at Madison.

Star raised the crying woman's face to he town, making sure their eyes met.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" Look at me,  Everything will be OK... For now you need to
"Trust Me" and "Calm Down"

Star said applying her discipline to her words. Star then gently took the woman by the hands, raising her to her feet

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" You have to
"Follow Me" I'm going to take you out of her, its going to be OK

She said again trying to use her discipline to take control of the woman's mind and the situation.

She then walked the woman to the door, and down to the Van. Star made sure to keep a hand on the woman so she wouldn't run off. Star kept her eyes focused on the woman's eyes as much as could as they left, in case she needed to use her disciplines again to get the woman moving.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:21 pm

The vehicle was indeed a black van. Lawless was in front of it dressed with a pair of black jeans and a long sleeve dark blue shirt with golden cuff-link on its wrists. He opened the sliding door letting the mortal inside who sat quietly on a sit there in a corner; inside were two other men, dressed in black, neither of whom was known to Star.

The sliding door closes before Rebecca could get in it and Phillip offered her to sit on front with him, as he drives out of the Hotel. He had a worried expression.

With the car on the move as they went out of the basement parking lot he said.
"You've really worried me with that call. Can you explain me what is going on?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:48 pm

Star sighed softly and gave Phillip a warm smile.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" .... I worried you? Sorry 'bout that.

Yeah.  I honesty wasn't quite sure how I wanted to handle this.
Madison has been my little play thing for a short while now so I could practice my disciplines. I think I broke her."

Star shook her head.
"I didn't mean too, I just didn't realize she was mentally unstable.
I was only trying to get her to take her life in her hands and think about what it was going to be like not to have to worry about the baggage of having a family.
I thought she would maybe leave her husband or something..  I didn't think she would go phsyco and kill them.

Seriously, what the fuck! Who does that?

Any who... I dont think there is any fixing this. This woman's life is over and its my fault.
I want to get her a good defense attorney, try to get her a insanity plea . Spending the rest of her life in a Asylum compared to the death penalty or consecutive life terms in a correctional prison where she could get killed my the inmates for killing child red has to be better. Maybe she could even get some serious psychiatric help? God knows she needs it.
I just can't believe she just snapped..
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:58 pm

I want to get her a good defense attorney, try to get her a insanity plea . Spending the rest of her life in a Asylum compared to the death penalty or consecutive life terms in a correctional prison where she could get killed my the inmates for killing child red has to be better. Maybe she could even get some serious psychiatric help? God knows she needs it.

Lawless heard everything carefully and kept silence for a long minute before saying.
"What worries me the most about this whole thing is how upset you seem...

I mean, you're not responsible for what she did. For what you're telling me you never ask or even wanted her to kill anyone, so that's not your fault."

He turns left in a close corner, making a short silence to focus on the driving for a second. Then continues.
"I think is a good practice. Your idea to spend time practicing your 'people skills' with her but ... I mean you really need to detach, you know? This shouldn't affect you this much. Its not healthy."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:35 pm

Star made a annoyed "tch" sound with her tongue hitting the roof of her mouth, and her attitude turned cold.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ...pifff Phillip please! Get real. Dont confuse self-preservation for empathy! I'm only worried 'cuz she was at MY HOTEL room. If the cops found her their I would be wanted for questions. I can't have that. I got a record remember? I can't go to jail. fuck that!
I probably should have just killed her and leave he body in a dumpster or some shit.

But nuuuuu I'm trying to do the responsible thing. 'cuz yeah it IS my fault.
If I never pushed her mind or even entered her life she would be fine.

You know I'm not really a people person, I freaking can't stand mortals for the most part. It was all just supposed to be one big game. I dont understand what the hell went wrong. All I can figure is that Trouble follows me like me damn shadow!
I should just wash my hands of this matter and go back to toying with thugs, drug dealers and ganbannger like I'm used to. At least if they killed someone 'cuz of me I very much doubt I would be implicated and the crime "

Star grumbled coldly, crossed her arms and sat back in the chair.

" ugh... Now I have to worry about this bitch talking and dropping my name in court!

So what now?"
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:12 am

" ugh... Now I have to worry about this bitch talking and dropping my name in court!

So what now?"

Phillip shrugs and replies like he is thinking outloud.
"You could just erase her memory. I mean there's Dominate, isn't it?"

Then thinking more deeply about it he continues.
"I thinking killing her just rises more questions, unless it looks like a suicide or something...

...also if you consider sending her to an asylum is a waste of all the time you've invested in her, either way her life is ruined and her whole family dead because of her, there's no turning back from that.

My point being, you can either kill her or make her look dead, because turning her to the authorities means to ask for a big boon from another Ventrue to erase her memory and gain nothing in return..."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:56 am

Star sneared slightly.
She was quiet and in thought as she looked at her reflection in the passenger mirror.
Her nasty beat stairing back at her as a constant reminder of what she really is. A inhuman monster, Lady Victoria was right.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ....I dont know why I even tryed...
She said softly, speaking to her reflection more then to Phillip.

Then in a cold tone she look at Phillip.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" No, what kinda Ventrue would I be if I can't even deal with a simple mortal...There is no fucking way in all of HELL I will ask for such a boon. Not for some damn blood bag! There is no crime if there is no body.

They are laying cement at my nightclub.
bring her there... I'll kill her and give her some cement shoes , drop her in the river...

.... No.. Better yet .. i'll dismembered her body and cement her into the fucking walls of my club. Less risk of being seen dumping her body.

Star's tone was cold and lacked empathy for this woman. She was cold and calculative upon thinking about how to resolve this issue, removing any "human" feelings from it all and being "detached" just as Phillip said. After all to Star, this woman was simply a toy... Wasn't she?
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:54 am

" No, what kinda Ventrue would I be if I can't even deal with a simple mortal...

Phillip seemed to be in favor of such line of thought...

I'll kill her and give her some cement shoes , drop her in the river...

.... No.. Better yet .. i'll dismembered her body and cement her into the fucking walls of my club. Less risk of being seen dumping her body.

When suddenly he reacts with an expression that said 'are you fucking with me?' Trying to figure out if Rebecca was kidding or not. When he realized how serious she was he said.
"I thought you were trying to show how Ventrue are you, about controlling the mortal but you sound like a Giovanni" he says joking at the end.

He takes a second to focus on the driving again as they passed by Central Park and went straight to Trump Tower then said.
"I mean, how is it going to look? That you have to kill her to control her? You know?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:50 pm

Star gave a slight chuckle.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ....A Giovanni? ... Eeew. GOD NO.... Eww... Ok Maybe I have just been watching too many true crime dramas on TV. "

Star thought for a moment
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ...I want to handle this matter quietly. And I don't want the FAMILY finding out. God knows I dont need any more strikes against me while I have been trying to make progress.

I WISH I had the ability to just wipe me from her mind. but I dont...  ."

Star thinks out loud
"If I were to think things out as how a Ventrue would handle it. ...
I would utterly destroy her mind, clear me and everything that happened from it, then turn this woman into a damn blood doll. Then donate her to the "kitchen".  I mean a child killer has to be someone's feeding type and its more profitable to keep her as such. She would simply vanish from the public eye, having her existence serve a better purpose in the end.

That's more the Ventrue way..  Yeah?"

Star said thinking a bit more illogically
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:06 pm

" ...I want to handle this matter quietly. And I don't want the FAMILY finding out. God knows I dont need any more strikes against me while I have been trying to make progress.

Lawless smiles and says.
"A little too late for that, you called The Count first. If you ask me that'd be the last vampire I would want to find out about this mess. After all you have an image to take care of, don't you?"

I WISH I had the ability to just wipe me from her mind. but I dont...
He nods and replies.
"My Sire would said first you need to learn how to deal with the human mind before using the power of the blood on it."

...I would utterly destroy her mind

He shrugs.
"That leave no mind to control."

Then donate her to the "kitchen". I mean a child killer has to be someone's feeding type and its more profitable to keep her as such. She would simply vanish from the public eye, having her existence serve a better purpose in the end.

Phillip replies.
"Is not the public eye the only one you need to worry about. Giving your toys to the kitchen won't get you permission for a new one, that's for sure."

Finally the vehicle arrived to the last level of the underground parking lot. Lawless found a place to stop the car, allowing everything in it to get down and start walking down to the elevator.

Madison seemed very off, confuse and depress to the brink of suicide. She hasn't stop crying or find any comfort whatsoever. At the first opportunity she went to hug Rebecca's arm cuddling like a cat around it.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:39 pm

A little too late for that, you called The Count first. If you ask me that'd be the last vampire I would want to find out about this mess.
Star raised a eyebrow at this comment. She question Phillip.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" .... Why?... David is my sire according to the clan now. I trust his advice and judgment. He is the one who sujested I fond a "human toy".  Who else should I have asked about this matter in your opinion?
If you haven't noticed I dont have a lot of "friends" I care knowing what I'm up too.
.."

Star grumbled.

After all you have an image to take care of, don't you?
Star rolled her eyes a little at this.

My Sire would said first you need to learn how to deal with the human mind before using the power of the blood on it."
Star clinched her teeth making a small cracking sound as the  porcelain enamel collided with each other. Star restrained herself from saying something snarky, after all Phillip was just trying to help and she doesn't deserve her shit.
Star made a sigh.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" .... "

Is not the public eye the only one you need to worry about. Giving your toys to the kitchen won't get you permission for a new one, that's for sure.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" .... OK fair enough.. You have a point. But since when do I need permission to fuck with people? She isn't a ghoul. She is just some rand'o I twisted around my hand. And I fucked it up some how. I dont know HOW, but I did.

I just dont understand how a sweet, timid inexperienced, repressed religious housewife fucking snaps like that ... And people wonder why I dislike mortals.. .."

Madison seemed very off, confuse and depress to the brink of suicide. She hasn't stop crying or find any comfort whatsoever. At the first opportunity she went to hug Rebecca's arm cuddling like a cat around it.

Star was a bit surprised at Madison touching her, clinging on to her even.
Star watched the woman, trying to wrap her head around what she must be going through.
"she must be terrified" She thought.
Though part of Star's emotions were distant from the whole understanding of the human experience. (Humanity 6)
But Star did her best to try to comfort the woman, and softly stroked her hair as they went, letting the woman cling to her arm as needed. A bit of a embarrassing display, but some where deep with in Star she didn't care, it seemed Madison needed it at this moment.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:05 pm

I just dont understand how a sweet, timid inexperienced, repressed religious housewife fucking snaps like that ... And people wonder why I dislike mortals.. .."

Phillip smiles but keep his thoughts to himself thinking that Madison could hear him, now that the van had stop. A second later he adds in a much cryptic way.
"Not everything is what it seems."

The following went without any trouble, allowing Madison a room where she could have a bath and sleep a little while Lawless and Rebecca went to a different location inside the Ivory Tower hotel to talk privately about the situation.

Lawless closed the door behind Star. The office was simple and quite ordinary, specially since Rebecca wasn't really in the mood right now to pay attention to meaningless details at this moment.

Phillip said.
"Well Madison will stay put until tomorrow, I have my man doing turns to guard her door. She's not going anywhere."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:28 pm

Well Madison will stay put until tomorrow, I have my man doing turns to guard her door. She's not going anywhere.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ... I'm not worried about her going anywhere. Have you seen her? She is a crumpled mess. In her mind she has just lost everything in her little stupid world. Everything she had made for herself is gone at her own hands because of a  Manipulating monster, who she thinks "loves" her.

Ugh... How the fuck did this get so complex. I only wanted to have some fun and practice my manipulation and subduction skills. I thought she would be a challenging target.

I personally think bringing her here to the Tower was a piss poor idea. She has nothing to do with us! And There are far too many prying eyes around here to link this bitch to me. But I guess its a little late for that now. I hate this... I really should have just killed her and found another toy.
But nuuuuu I have to try to play the fucking humanitarian!
I hate people...
Fucking mortals...
Now I'm not quite sure what to do.

There is no fixing what she done. She ain't getting out of this. She probably thinks that we're going to run away to Tijuana.
I just can't even begin to understand what the hell went through this woman's head.
... "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:21 pm

Phillip and Rebecca went talking for more than an hour about different angles and possibilities. As the conversation went on she got more and more aware of the real power the kindred had over the city.The influence that she and him had over the police department was stunning.

Star started to relax a little seeing things in a different way. Eventually the brainstorm gave her a stroke of genius, it was all so clear in her head that she acted right away: asking Lawless in exchange for a Boon to give a false information about Madison being spotted getting out of the state by Buffalo; instructions to the Ivory Tower to change Madison's look; and finally standing to talk to her, promising her that now they were together everything was going to be just fine.

As the night was over, Madison got medicated with some sleeping pills that'd help her sleep also comforted and changed in her looks with a darker hair and different hairdo.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun May 03, 2020 1:07 pm

After six weeks of daily contacts and visits to Madison in her hotel room. Some romantic, others to simply catch up and get closer. For Star it was obvious was emotionally dependent from day one but why she'd kill her entire family was a mystery.

Listening to her story, made Star aware of how sad her life was, her husband abused her and her two children, both physically and emotionally, a kind of rape that wasn't sexual perse but equally diminishing: always insulting, humiliating and undermining any resemblance of self confidence.

The elder son was already abusing his younger sister and would have been scolded to defend herself. Since that's not a woman place to say 'no' to a man. She should always respect her brother, no matter what. Madison not allowed to work and even social services had to come one to order her husband to send his daughter to primary school.

They had seven years of marriage, gathered together by the congregation. God Madison really hated the congregation now. The communications sent by the religious group described Roy (Madison husband) as a pillar of their community and her as little more than a conflictive whore.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

That night when Star and Madison met was the first time she got the courage to defy her husband and try to escape him. She had considered suicide many times but that'd leave her children alone with who she considered a monster. She really felt alive and free for the first time, realizing in contrast how sad her life actually was.

The night of the murder her husband came home angry as sometimes it would happened, yelling at her to the top of his lungs how worthless she was. It was in front of their kids, she cried when she admitted it, she dare to say something, she doesn't quite remember what it was but a second later he was all over her lashing her with his belt like a whip.

Star had seen the bruises and the lashes wounds the first time they were together after the incident, deep cuts done with brutal force using the leather belt.

Her kids did nothing, didn't even cried or yelled. She knew from that moment they had broke inside. She had to do something, she had to. She cried inconsolable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Star realized as a Ventrue the power that emphasis on words had on the human mind but what would she do when a simple word wasn't enough. How to hold that emphasis long enough for a phrase?

David reminded her about the connection given by eye contact was more than just a mere requirement. It was a window to the human's subconsciousness. He told Star that humans were often controlled by subconscious drive, an unstoppable force.

Rebecca remembered her conversations with Madison with great detail, her words of empowerment and resolved desire to be free went deep into the woman subconsciousness, compelling her to defy her husband despite the consequences. She remembered the connection, she felt like she was talking to someone hiding deep inside Madison.

David gave a collection of books about psychology to Star, one per week that they'd discuss in the next meeting. Jung, Freud, Winnicott and Rogers theorized the existence of a True Self, the Master of the Persona, the social face that people often confused with their true self but also the shield that protected the True Self from thing it could not accept or deal with. That true self in many books is call the 'Id'.

A stroke of genius came to Star on a night of the week six. Dominate allowed the Vampire to address directly the receptor's unprotected Id!!
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down