World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little tension with Little China (Star)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Little tension with Little China (Star) Empty Little tension with Little China (Star)

Post  Malakiel Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Star and Frank followed Marlon's steps to the backstore.

After the door was a short corridor, at it's end a threshold leading to an small room where Marlon was standing like he was about to crap his pants, fortunally for him kindreds can't do that.

Frank boldy hurried to meet Marlon at the threshold along with Rebecca. Inside were many strange people: the most common looking were of course Bruno and David; the other three asian looking 'creatures' were just another deal.

The first was a tattooed shirtless bruce lee like man, his skin made him look high in cocaine, redish and sweaty, like he was about to blow up in rage, however, his expression seemed contradictorily calmed. The second man was pale, like any vampire would be, dressing in a Mao suit, very formal chinese black outfit, a long braids ponytail falling over his shoulder almost to his hips. The third, was the source of Marlon's fear.

The creature was about 6'2'' very wide, easily over the two hundred pounds of weight. It had a black shiny exoesqueleton covered with a sort of rotten flesh that seemed to be about to fall down, red eyes and mouth full-o-fangs completed the long sharp claws and the many mouths showing in his belly and shoulders.

Little tension with Little China (Star) 44933-bigthumbnail
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little tension with Little China (Star) Empty Re: Little tension with Little China (Star)

Post  Star Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Star follows closely to everyone else as they make their way down the long corridor.
After seeing Marlon's expression she fears the worse.

She stops just in the threshold of the doorway to the room and takes in the scene.

▂▂▂▂▂ Little tension with Little China (Star) 562050523▂▂▂▂▂
Perception 2 + Alertness 2 (dif 7)
Star carried out 4 launched of one Little tension with Little China (Star) 10.1 (Roll.) :
10 , 8 , 8 , 6
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Little tension with Little China (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Little tension with Little China (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Little tension with Little China (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Little tension with Little China (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Little tension with Little China (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Little tension with Little China (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Little tension with Little China (Star) Empty Re: Little tension with Little China (Star)

Post  Malakiel Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:04 pm

David and Bruno were both unharmed, not even a hair out of place. However, the situation was tense, David had no weapon on his hand, not anyone of the present, except for the monster in the middle of the room...
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:18 am

Tension in the room seemed high And Star fought back any instincts to attack the thing on 1st sight. Rushing headstrong into a combat situation was never her 1st approach.

She had faced many monstrous foes before in recent nights, and knew Supernaturals in this kindred world came in many forms, some Werewolves or giant spiders, others seemingly humans who can change into the grotesque beings of chaos and destruction like the ones she fought the night of the Chess Club attack.

Though as much as her 1st impression was of horror at looking at this creature, she could not discount that it may be some poor unfortunate soul like the members of clan Nosferatu. Star was not so foolish to judge someone by their appearance alone. Star's 1st impression of the room was that of no one seemed to be engaged in combat, though that didn't seemed to make her any less on edge as she took in the form of the being with razor sharp teeth.

Star seeing that Morlon was about to piss himself, She took charge for the moment and decided to take more of a diplomatic approach to the situation, rather then being hostal or taking defensive action.
She would address the room and waiting for the monster to attack 1st after they made their presences known.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...Good Evening, my sincerest apologies for interrupting... But we became concerned when no one answered the phone. Is everything alright? "
Star said holding a bit of that Ventrue charm to her voice as she spoke in a more proper way as she addressed the room.

Star tryed very hard to maintain her calm - non-threatening demeanor, acting more curious then hostile. Though she secretly started to blood buff her Strength, hoping that if things turned on a dime she could punch this thing into the pavement floor.

Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Little tension with Little China (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Little tension with Little China (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Little tension with Little China (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Little tension with Little China (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Little tension with Little China (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Little tension with Little China (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:44 am

David was appearantly in charge of the conversation in the room, since he was answering Star.
"No worries Childe, we were about to summon you.

These honourable guests of Bruno are representants of the Triad and they were in the impression that since Brick's demotion Bruno was in charge of the operation. However, today's meeting was meant to clarify that he was not in charge but the Union as usual, lead by you."

Bruno's expression didn't say guilty, he had made a move indeed but it would have been suicide to get it as far as to lie to the triad, so most likely he was telling the whole truth but he didn't wanted to take back his word in front of the Count and the Eiren of Gangs. Made sense he wanted to have a private conversation. On the other hand it also made him a suspect, something that David surely didn't overlook.

He said.
"What we are about to discuss, appearantly with much animosity from this guy" pointing at the Demon "are the terms of our relationship. They're new in the City but yet he's trying to jump scare on us and steal our position."

The man with the pony tail placed a hand over his demonic partner's shoulder and whispered something in chinese. The demon seemed scolded and went to the back of the room standing next to the backdoor. Then the ponytail man said with a very heavy chinese accent while bowing.
"Good evening dear Eiren of Gangs, I'm Jina Shen Tien, a loyal servant to the Mandarin of New York City.

My humble hosts, please accept my sincere apologies for my Disciple's behavior, I'll make sure to be a better instructor and accept full resposability for his actions."

The red man looked back at his demonic partner with a dark intent in his eyes.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Star maintained her calm and relaxed demeanor as she approached the group. She was greatful she maintained a clear head and not jumped to any conclusions given the circumstances of the situation they just walked into.

These honourable guests of Bruno are representants of the Triad
<...oh sh!t the Triad?? Like the Triad of the Chinese Mafia ?....
..Holy Sweet Peaches I'm coming up in the world of street gangbanger and hoodlums. Better make a good 1st impression or it might be my last....">

Star thought to herself trying not to show any surprise, even though she was.

//they were in the impression that since Brick's demotion Bruno was in charge of the // Union //lead by you."
Star raised a eyebrow at Bruno, though her friendly smile and calm demeanor never changed. Somehow hearing that Bruno was trying to assume control over the Union's leadership and operations didn't surprise Star.  Much like Sabbat Packs She knew  that in the absence of a strong leadership the Union's members would probaly do what they can to pine for control to serve their own interest, and the strongest among them would try to rule the roost, so to speak.

The only thing that did annoy her was the fact this behavior continued after she was deemed the position as the Union's leader. Star didnt care for her leadership being undermined, especaly after her Clan had granted it to her. If Bruno did in fact go behind her back to take control of things, doing so might make her look like she held no control over the Union. Star knew that this would be another battle she would have to face to prove herself worthy to hold on to the position or risk others trying to take it from her. At least this was the impression Star took from hearing the situation. Though this would be a issue she would have to address with Bruno on another night. Being in the presence of the Triad took  precedence at the moment.

What we are about to discuss, appearantly with much animosity from this guy" pointing at the Demon "are the terms of our relationship. They're new in the City but yet he's trying to jump scare on us and steal our position."."
Star looked at the Demon'like creature curiosity, though not with any hostilities. She didn't know exactly what it was doing as far as "jump scaring and stealing our position" exactly ment. But she was  definitely going to ask Bruno to clarify.

"Good evening dear Eiren of Gangs, I'm Jina Shen Tien, a loyal servant to the Mandarin of New York City.

My humble hosts, please accept my sincere apologies for my Disciple's behavior, I'll make sure to be a better instructor and accept full resposability for his actions."
Star made a formal bow to the man and said very respectively...
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  ...It is a great pleasure to make your  acquaintance Mr. Tien, I am honored to meet with you.

I am Ms. Rebecca Garrison of Clan Ventrue, also known as Star. I am the new-recently appointed Eiren of Gangs after Mr. Adam Brick's departure.

I am very sure that any actions taken by your disciple had been simply a misunderstanding, one that I'm sure we can clarify in a friendly manner.

Star said continuing to be respectful and  polite.

Star then turned to Bruno and ask in a equal a polite tone...
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Bruno, would you kindly fill me in on the highlights of just what you ment by your previous statement, and catch me up to speed with any information I may have missed prior to joining this discussion."
She said with that Ventrue tone of athorithy in her voice, all the while maintaining a friendly disposition of being calm, cool and collective.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:31 pm

" ... Bruno, would you kindly fill me in on the highlights of just what you ment by your previous statement, and catch me up to speed with any information I may have missed prior to joining this discussion."
Bruno nods and clarifies with alot of gesticulation and heavy italian accent.
"Surely Bosso... that boombots over there interrupted our conversation with these fine sinnore. Count Hayworth was explaining that we, the Union, control these streets. No traffic, no illegal stuff without our consent, when the baboosh made his demon act to intimidate me and your father.... can you believe that?"

He tilts his head both sides before saying to the Triad boss.
"I'm glad he apologized. Because I won't take any disrespect in my house. You're my hosts tonight and I won't take disrespect for my bosses either. Cappicce?"

Then David noded and said.
"Please let's continue with the negociations another night. I feel this night is been tainted by misunderstandings and pardon me Lord Shen but the Mandarin will have to negotiate with the Prince if you expect The Camarilla to acknowledge your organization in a meaningful way... so far the Triad is to us just a mortal's organization and we won't consider it otherwise until our Prince decides differently.

When you're ready to negotiate send an emissary with your terms to Trump's Tower to Michael Bright. He will be received and hospitality will be granted."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Star listened to all Bruno had to say, she pucked up on his hostilities and knew he probably had good reason to be so. If all he said was true, he had been disrespect in his house and in front of the Count.

Star didn't speak but silently weighed in the situation in her mind.

As David finished, Star gave him a nod in agreement. There seemed to still be a great deal of  tension still in the air, and negotiations would have to be more prepared for and handled with a delicate glove.

Star could not believe that Bruno would even consider holding a meeting with these People when The Triad had not even contacted the Prince yet, and had dealings with the Union with out his consent.
From Star's perspective this was damn close to going behind the Princes back, and a true slap in the face to her and her Clan.

<... Are you fuck'n kidding me now Bruno???!! what other secrets are you hiding... >

Star suppressed her true emotions though, and kepted her warm friendly demeanor as she addressed Mr. Shen property in a true Ventrue fashion.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... I rightly agree, we would not wish for any more misunderstandings. I'm sure that there are also  cultural differences I personally would like to prepare for as not to be disrespectful.  I would like us all to be friends here, and conduct our future business in the right fashion. So continuing on another night would be best.

Please Mr. Shen take Count Hayworth's recommendations and contact our Lord Prince  Bright  at your leisure when you are ready, .... after which our Lord grants us , we can all go from there..

I do look forward to working with you for the betterment of both our intresest.  "

Star said very formally. Star didn't know much about the Triad or the Chinese Mafia, but she did know enough to be as respectful as she could In order to keep the situation copacetic.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:38 pm

The Jina waited patiently for everyone to speak their minds. Then he said.
"I humblely accept you wise advices dear hosts and I hope our next meeting to be more pleasant for all."

He made a pause and looked back at the red man and said a long phrase in chinese.

The red man changed from red blood to pale white in a second. He bowed respectfully and started to walk to the backdoor silently.

Then the Jina said.
"Have a blessed night. I look forward for our next meeting." then he bowed and walked backwards until he reached the back door as well and leave with the rest of his friends.

The demon like guy drastically reduced his size back to a small size chinese guy dressed in a street fashion.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Have a blessed night. I look forward for our next meeting.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Indeed, to you as well my friend. Until we meet again then... "
Star said and gave Jina a very formal and respective bow.

As soon as all the guests left the room Star dropped that Ventrue Formalities in her actions and words and her jaw nearly dropped as she turned wide eyed to look at David and Bruno.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Wat' da fuk did I just walk into?"
Star was quite surprised to see literarily the red man change color right before her eyes, and even more so to see the demon like beast become a normal looking man.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Some one want to fill me In on just what they are? ...'cuz that sh!t aint Kosher. I seen wereolves , giant spiders and man-monsters, but this is on another level of What the fuck.. Hee-hee."
Star said in her usual fashion, having a bit of humor to her voice as to break any remaining anxiety in the room.

Star scanned the room checking to make sure everyone was OK, including Marlan and Frank.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...you boyz  hold'n it together  over there ok? Hee-hee"
Star said as she took on a more natural demeanor and looked towards Bruno and David again.

As much as Star wanted to question Bruno about his behavior, she was not about to do so with his clan mates present. In stars mind, that would just be rude. So instead she injected some humor into her words in her usual fashion.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Hot damn Bruno, you sure got sum' wild party guests... Hee-Hee...
. "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 am

David looks at Rebecca, then to Bruno, Marlon and Frank.
"Gentlemen, I'll call the Ivory Tower to report this."

He then takes out his cellphone and dials to the Ivory Tower, asking for Theo Bell to come to the premises. Pronouncing the Sheriff's name did made an effect on the Brujah, making them flinch.

While David was at it, Frank whispers to Rebecca.
"Damn! What da'fuck is going on?"

Bruno looks at Rebecca figuring out different angles, assesting the situation, as he walked down to her. He said.
"Hey Star, I know this looks bad but it's not what it seems, Theo will investigate about it and I'll come clean, you'll see. I will never backstab my crew.

Its a matter of honour."

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:26 am

Hearing the Name Theo Bell get mentioned and seeing the reaction of the Brujah flinch made Star think that this Theo-guy had to be big shit. Sadly she had no clue who he was, so his name had no reaction in her..

While David was at it, Frank whispers to Rebecca.
"Damn! What da'fuck is going on?"
Star gave Frank a  sympathetic look trying to treasure Frank that it will be OK.
▂▂▂▂ STAR (whisper) ▂▂▂▂
" ... There seems to be a lot of misunderstandings and miscommunications going on"

Star looked at Bruno, she still held a relaxed disposition and she kepted her annoyance about Bruno's behavior in check. She knew he would be struggling to save face due to his errors, but she didn't want to hear excuses.

Hey Star, I know this looks bad but it's not what it seems, Theo will investigate about it and I'll come clean, you'll see. I will never backstab my crew.

Its a matter of honour.

Star took Bruno aside, away from David on the phone, and away from Bruno's clan mates ear shot.

▂▂▂▂ STAR (whisper)▂▂▂▂
" ... Bruno, Im not angry. I can understand why you tryed to seas control of the Union, especially after the power Vacuum left by Adam. So leys cut the sh!t, I know being under the comand of a "snob" is not a favorable thing especially for a Brujah. I know there is  animosity between our families.  But we can't let such things influence us. Not when so much is at stake.

You should have trusted in Our Prince and the process put in place to assume command. Not take it upon yourself.

Regardless, did you know those members of the Triad were not-human?
"

Star's tone turned very serous.
This was a very serous question, if Bruno knee that they were not human and tried to conducted negotiations without 1st telling the Prince or at least his Primogen about it, it could be seen as Bruno going behind the Princes back to power game. And it already looked bad for Bruno that he tryed to sease control of the Union with out going through the proper channels. This just looks doubly bad.

▂▂▂▂ STAR (whisper) ▂▂▂▂
" ..Look I'm not expecting you to do anything i would not do myself. Im not here to work against you, we are all on the same team.  I just want to do what is best for all of us in the Union as a whole. Its important that the Unuon succeeds, this means we all need to trust each other and work together. And I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to make that happen, and I hope you are too."
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:56 am

You should have trusted in Our Prince and the process put in place to assume command. Not take it upon yourself.
Bruno barked.
"I saw a chance and I took it, aight? No mean any disrespect but inside the Union I was the one making the calls when Adam wasn't around so... it was natural for me to assume control.

Anyway, I accept the Prince decision althogh it surprised me."

Regardless, did you know those members of the Triad were not-human?
Bruno exhales violently.
"You think I'm stupid or what?"

" ..Look I'm not expecting you to do anything i would not do myself. Im not here to work against you, we are all on the same team. I just want to do what is best for all of us in the Union as a whole. Its important that the Unuon succeeds, this means we all need to trust each other and work together. And I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to make that happen, and I hope you are too."
Bruno locks his gaze into Rebecca, so she could read his deadly intent.
"Look Boss, the Union means more to me than to you or any of the others aight? It's been my ass on the line for a year a no Prince will change the fact that you're just a rookie that should be taking notes of how things should be done. Cappicce?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:37 am

Bruno's barking never changed Star's tone or disposition. She continued to keep her voice low and calm. She let the Brujah finish his statements, and she locked her eyes with him, refusing to be intimidated or back down.

Bruno exhales violently.
"You think I'm stupid or what?"

▂▂▂▂STAR (whisper) ▂▂▂▂
" no... You dont even want to know, nor do you care what I think... And that is the problem."
Star said coldly, without any emotion to her voice what so ever.

It's been my ass on the line for a year a no Prince will change the fact that you're just a rookie that should be taking notes of how things should be done. Cappicce?"

Star kept her eyes locked on Bruno's, she came very close to him so he could hear her clearly. Star didn't care if he got violent with her, she was truly ready to rumble.

Star kept her voice cold and low as she spoke.
▂▂▂▂▂STAR (whisper)▂▂▂▂
" ... Listen to me Bruno, You want this position ... FINE mother fucker. You go through the proper channels and do it rightfully!  You think you can handle things better than me, prove it. Not to me! but to our Prince, and I'll gladly fall back in line like a good little bitch and take notes like ya seem to think I should.

But let me make this crystal clear I will NOT be pressured or intimidated by YOU. ..Cappicce?
"

Star said in that same cold tone, free from emotions. It was a defence mechanism she often used to stay calm, cool and collective as she naintained control over herseld.

She was waiting for Bruno to lose his sh!t, she expected it, and anticipated the Bruno's 1st blow. She knew that Bruno would be faster then her, but she was resilant enough to take the hit and hopefully match the strength of his blows. This wasn't the 1st time she had gone toe to toe with a brujah.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:52 am

By the time Rebecca answered David had already finished his call also Marlon and Frank were at safe distance looking blantantly to Bruno and Star, waiting or even hopeing for some blood stains at the end of their 'conversation'.

But let me make this crystal clear I will NOT be pressured or intimidated by YOU. ..Cappicce?
Bruno looked around like checking his surroundings before smashing Rebecca to the nearest wall and noticed David, Marlon and Frank stareing at them, waiting for the scene to develope. He blew a bolt of air out of his mouth and said.
"You got balls bitch, tough as nails. I'll give you that and no I won't challenge you..." the stopped and smiled, changing to a passive aggresive demeanor, slowing the pace of his words, holding back his emotions.

"I'll just wait for you to fall on your face, I won't be because of me, I'll help you but YOU are the Boss, right?

I'll do whatever you want me to and when you fall... and you will... I'll be there to remain you what happends to rookies shitting over their heads. Cappicce?"

Frankling came close to Bruno throw his arm around him like a hook and said something softly to his ear. Bruno inmediately took a step back and silently withdraw to join Marlon at the entrance of the room. Meanwhile, David also came close to Rebecca, arriving just to see Bruno get away, he stood up in front of Star and asked.
"Is everything alright?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Star anticipated the blow, and her gaze never left Bruno's eyes. Immediately upon being pined to the wall a seductive smile crossed her face as if to say... "Oh I like it when you play rough, "

Star didn't answer Bruno, she wasnt about to push him past his breaking point, though she was confident she could.  She knew how volatile his Clan can be. Even hough she was hardly afraid of him, it would hardly be productive to do so. And didnt want to come off as though she was looking for a fight. She simply wanted to stress the point she had no fear of him and would not be bullied.

As they left Star held a semi replaced disposition and gave Frank a friendly wink as if to say "thankx", letting the group leave with out addressing the disturbances more.

Star knew Bruno was probably right, she was going to fail at times and fall on her face, but that never stopped her from getting back up and trying again. If Bruno wanted to be there to tell her "I told ya so" and make her a mockery, so be it. As long as he stop actively working against her, she was fine with it.

"Is everything alright?"

Star straightened her out fit out and ran her hand through her hair.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...everything is just peachy.. "
Star said softly as she turned her attention on her Sire now.

"I will arrange an sparring between Bruno //  make him trust you. Accomplish that and I'll spare you from your mistake, fail and you'll lose the Dignitas you've worked for so far.
Star gave a sigh remembering Davids words, though getting shoved into a wall was hardly a sparing match she knew Bruno and her would not be becoming friends. The best she could hope for was Bruno tolerating her and not actively working agaiant her.

So with a  heavy heart she said...
" ... I.. Um.. Think i will have to take that lose of Dignates now....  I dont think Bruno and I will be becoming friends any time soon... Or even this century in fact... he doesnt respect me, or Hell, even like me.... But at least I dont think he will be actively working against me anymore.

Star rubbed the back of her neck getting some of the wall dust off her.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Yeah we definitely won't be becoming friends. He wants to run the show, and views the Union as HIS.  I told him to take it up with the powers that be if he wants the position so badly. Dont go about things underhandly. But doing things the proper way ....well that ain't his style, and he claimed to have honor. That line almost made me laugh in his face if I wasn't trying to fall to his  intimidation  tacktics.

He is waiting for me to fail...  That's fine.
Maybe I will, maybe I won't. But he seems like a opportunist. When the opportunity presents itself to get one up on me, I'm sure he will take it. Fuck I'll bet money on it. He already said he saw a opportunity to take control of the Union and he took it.

Bruno is going to be a problem and I know it. I trust him to act only on the Union's behalf as long as it a lines with his best interests.   "

Star streached a bit..
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... I honestly have no fucking clue how Adam kept Bruno in line, it must be with that Dominate discipline he is so good at 'cuz I doubt he could go toe to toe with Bruno or have the ballz to stand up to a man like him without it..."

Star pause,
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Sorry Father... I should not be talking about Ad - - um..Mr. Brick in such a way. Especially where he succeeded and I seem to have so many short comings. Forgive me please.. "
Star said respectively.

In truth Star didn't know how to handle Bruno other than proving her dominance with out the use of dominate to stand up to Bruno and not be bullied  or Cowed into caving to his wishes. Star really didn't know how to get people to like her, because she views herself as not a easily likeable person.

Star sighed kinda feeling like she indeed failed and had a very hard road infront of her. So she tryed to change the subject..
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...How was your phone call Father? ... Who is Theo Bell...? The name seemed to make the Brujah nervous."
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 pm

David looked hardly at Star and said simply.
"Childe you will find a way to lead or else... if you're not fit to lead the Union I'll demote you at once.

Your prejudices toward Bruno and your intention to lead the Union are in contradiction. Each Kindred is different and you've done nothing to earn Bruno's respect, neither has him done anything to deserve yours but it is you the one with the responsability to Lead."

He looks at his phone to pick another call before continuing his conversation with Star. Stepping away.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:52 am

Childe you will find a way to lead or else... if you're not fit to lead the Union I'll demote you at once
Star looked slightly annoyed, but she didn't dare speak up.... She kept her thoughts to herself.
<...I never said I was giving up on leading the Union... But Bruno is a cock!.... why is it so important I become buddy-buddy with him??>

Star thought about this, she didn't understand why it was so important to befriend Bruno. Star was starting to view him as a rival instead of a teammate. Maybe that was the problem she thought.

Your prejudices toward Bruno and your intention to lead the Union are in contradiction
Normaly Star might have gotten upset at being called out on her behavor. Instead of reacting, Star reflected on WHY her Sire thought she was being Prejudice

<... Prejudice? How da fuck am I being Prejudice?? He is a brujah, a thrug, and a hot head who wants to paint the streets red with blood! Are you actually gona try to convince me there is more to him then that Opportunistic Brute he acts like?>

Star didn't want to argue with David, she knew in the long run it was a argument she would lose. She simply thought about his statement in silence as he went back to make a phone call.

<.... Hummm Frank didnt quite act like your stereo typical hot headed thrug.. He was rather fun to hang around... ...and Bruno was able to control himself even after shoving me into a wall. He didn't lose his sh!t as I expected... Little John never had that much control. Humm maybe all Brujah as not alike... Same as not all Ventrue are not stuck up snobs or Gangrels not savage animals... There seems to be a lot of variant
Sh!t... OK so maybe I might have been acting Prejudice after all... I thought my beast was the only Prejudice one... Fuck maybe the reason my beasty is Prejudice Is because I am... But had my head so high up my ass I didn't see it... >

Star contemplated all her thoughts and try to figure out how to correct her thinking.

<.... So I need to just start taking everyone on a  individual level and not sterotype them.... Especially if I dont want others to stereotype me in the same way. As cliche  as it is i should Treat others how I want to be treated... I haven't been doing that. Yeah I'm a twat.... If I dont change things I'll be doomed to fail just like Bruno expects...  

He has way more experance with the Union, I should be learning from him to better my own leadership... Not fighting against him.

Ugh I really hate when David is right....>

Star thought as she leaned up against the back wall in silence.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:02 pm

David ended his phone call and said to Star.
"It was The Sheriff, he has arrived to the premises."

Then he rised his voice telling to Bruno at the other end of the room.
"Bruno, Sheriff Bell has arrived. Go to him and notify him of my presence in this room."

Then back to Rebecca he said after Bruno and Marlon left the room.
"I'll notify Bell that you're in charge and leave you to this. I'll be waiting for your report at the Ivory Tower at the end of the night.

If you need any assistance please call me by the remote telephone."
he concluded.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:30 pm

"It was The Sheriff, he has arrived to the premises."

Star raised a eyebrow at the mention of the Sheriff being here. She figured THAT was Theo Bell and understood the reason for the Brujah to be uneasy.

I'll notify Bell that you're in charge and leave you to this. I'll be waiting for your report at the Ivory Tower at the end of the night.

If you need any assistance please call me by the remote telephone
Star gave a nod to David
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Understood Father, thank you. Please have a safe trip back and I will report to you on this matter later tonight then. "
<... Hopefully it will be a good report and I won't fuck this up...
OK Star best behavior time... Dont act like a twat.  .>

Star reached up and gently rubbed the Branding under her shirt to relax herself and clear anxiety from her mind. Star took a deep breath, just to feel the air in her lungs before exhaling and to let herself to try to take on a more relaxed air about her.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:38 pm

In a matter of minutes Frankling, Marlon, Smog and Bruno came back with a black man dressing a leather jacket and a flat vizor black hat. His demeanor seemed cold and casual, still his gaze was steel cold and judgemental.

Little tension with Little China (Star) Cb6374f55a28ac9d4a9068ba5fb6279e

Theo went back directly to David and bowed respectfully, answered in a very formal way by Hayworth. David said to the Sheriff.
"Sheriff Bell, a pleasure meeting you again."

Theo said.
"The pleasure is mine Count. I understand you wanted to see me, how can I be of assistance?"

David replied with a slow pace tone.
"I'd like to report the presence of Cathayans in this premise. They just left the building less than an hour ago.

These creatures came in an unfriendly way and identified themselves as representants of the Chinese Triad, acting in the name of another they called The Mandarin of New York City, claiming rights to commerce in this domain."

He made a pause.
"After a short conversation with them we came to the understanding that they'll be in contact with our Prince to settle an agreement on the matter. However, I consider that this sensitive matter should be handled at every level.

The Union leader, Eiren of Gangs Rebecca Garrison is in charge of blocking any and all attempts of exchange from the Chinese Triad and the Yakuza gangs within the Princedom. Also, I advice you Sheriff to ban all Cathayan activities and protest them inmediatelly. Finally, the Prince should be informed inmediatelly to handle the political aspect of this problem and instruct us, if he considers we should be tolerant with the orientals."

Theo looked at Rebecca when David's gestures indicated she was the Eiren of Gangs. He said.
"I see. Very well Count, I'll take everyone's statements on the matter and report to the Prince my recommendations. Thank you for your wise advices.

From now on I'll be coordinating with the Eiren of Gangs, she shall keep you informed."

David nods and respectfully says his goodbyes and leaves the building.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:14 pm

Star greeted The Sheriff respectively as he entered, she stood silent afterwords and let the two elders speak, trying to gage more information on what was going on.

Star didn't recognize the word "Cathayans", and had no real idea of its meaning. She assumed by the way David used the word in referring to the chinese men that were here a while ago that it was ether a gang name of sorts or some kind of umbrella term for "Asians" . Ether way David seemed to know what was going on with those Supernatural shidter people way more then she did.

The Union leader, Eiren of Gangs Rebecca Garrison is in charge of blocking any and all attempts of exchange from the Chinese Triad and the Yakuza gangs within the Princedom.
<... Wait.. What? Ohh nuuu... The fucking Yakuza is here too?
Oh peachy... That's all I need to worry about here is that the Chinese Mob and the Japanese Mob running around New York kill'n each other worse than the damn Cripts and de Bloods. Why dont we just throw the Italian Mafia and the Latent Kings in the mix and we can have a party...>

Star thought sarcasticly as she was starting to realize the full weight of her new title.

<... Holy hell...Eiren of Gangs doesn't just mean I'm in charge of dealing with the isues of local gangs... Its ALL gangs that reside in the Princedom. .   >

Star respectively said her goodbye to her sire and turned her full attention to the Sheriff.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Thank you Sheriff Bell, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
I'm at your disposal And will be of assistance any way I can in this matter."

She said with a bit of a formal tone to her voice.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:56 am

Theo looked at her and the rest of the crew, then a woman, 5'4'' at best came into the room from the corridor to the frontstore. She was brunette, hazzel eyes and robust complexion, not exactly top model material but there was something charismatic about the way she moved and talked.
"Boss, no one there saw any asians. Can I let them go?"

Theo interrupts his walking around the room to say.
"Take a number if they have any and a picture for later. Then let them go."

She nods and retreats.

The Sheriff looks at Bruno and says.
"I thought you were part of the Union boy, why are you having these meetings here?"

Everyone baffed at the Sheriff's cunning about the bottom of the subject, the guy was practically a psychic.

Bruno flinched and replied.
"I'm Sheriff but the meeting was agreed after Adam's demotion and Garrison's entitling, so... I was the boss. Also... I don't have a constant contact with them, just that encounter before this meeting."

Theo Bell grinned with sarcasm and said.
"You were the Boss...? Interesting... by who's account? I'd like to know."

but Bruno didn't back up and inmediately replied.
"Adam Brick, Sir. He named me his second and the Boss in his absence. He left, so I had to take control."

Theo nods and continues walking around the room, he seemed like a tiger in a cage. Moving cautiously and slowly around, looking at everyone's reactions. He continued his interrogatory.
"Marlon, you were keeping an eye on the Count and the Eiren... you're the bartender, right?"

Marlon nods as his only response.

Theo continues.
"How did the Count ended back here? did he bribe you? Are you working behind Bruno's back?"

Frank and Bruno where in sync with Theo on this one. Ventrues were not exactly the obfuscate type, so they waited eagerly for his answer.
"She-Sheriff..." he seemed suprised by the question.

"OF COURSE NOT! HE SNEAKED ON ME!" he said.

Theo smiled and looked at Rebecca.
"Did he? Or were you occupied looking something else... or per haps someone... more attractive, per haps with an alluring presence to match her charms."

Marlon's heart sunk and realized the deception. Looking at Star like the poisonous bitch he thought she was.

The continued.
"Loud music, thick smoke screen and odors... your only working sense distracted. I can say it was logical."

Theo looked around and asked Rebecca.
"Tell me Eiren, can you describe the asians for me?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:41 am

Take a number if they have any and a picture for later. Then let them go
Star was a bit incredulous yet very curious as to how Theo's operations. He seemed very thorough, even to the point of wanting statements and recordings of those who seemingly had nothing to do with the incident.

The Sheriff looks at Bruno and says.
"I thought you were part of the Union boy, why are you having these meetings here?"
Star raised a eyebrow at this, keeping very quite.

I'm Sheriff but the meeting was agreed after Adam's demotion and Garrison's entitling, //Adam Brick, Sir. He named me his second and the Boss in his absence.
Star puzzled abit at this, though there was no question in her mind that Bruno would make a good second, and had no plans of that changing. She could not help but wonder if Bruno may have felt threatened by her assuming command and undoing all that Adam had put in place before her. Perhaps even Bruno thought that Star would play favorites and name her Dad, Sir HellSong as her second.

Theo nods and continues walking around the room, he seemed like a tiger in a cage
Star followed Theo with her eyes as he walked the room coming to his speculations of what happened.

Marlon, you were keeping an eye on the Count and the Eiren... //right?"

Marlon nods as his only response.

Theo continues.
"How did the Count ended back here? //

// Ventrues were not exactly the obfuscate type, //

"OF COURSE NOT! HE SNEAKED ON ME!" he said.

Theo smiled and looked at Rebecca.
"Did he? Or were you occupied looking something else... or per haps someone... more attractive, per haps with an alluring presence to match her charms."

Marlon's heart sunk and realized the deception. Looking at Star like the poisonous bitch he thought she was.

<...oof !>
Star thought, though that wasn't necessarily how it happened. She had no idea David was going to use her desire to "mingle" as a distraction to sneak into the back room, though when she realized it she didn't exactly speak up about it ether. And why would she? David was her Sire and fellow Ventrue. Anything she could do to aid him was almost expected of her. Star knew this and would make no attempts to correct anyone's assumptions about her aiding the Count to sneak into the 'privet meeting".

Theo looked around and asked Rebecca.
"Tell me Eiren, can you describe the asians for me?"
Star took a slight moment to gain her confidence and recaint the things she seen.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Yes of course Sheriff Bell.... Though I'm sure that Mr.Albertino will be far more informative then I can be, I came in rather "tarty to the party" along with Mr. Marlon and Mr. Winters. "

After Mr. Marlon become concerned with the Count's disappearance, and no answer from the back room, we came to investigate.

We were face to face with a monstrous man who looked a lot like a Nosferatu on Crack had a baby with a Sabby-Gangrel. He was some sort of strange demon-looking shifter. But I tryed not to enter the situation with any hostilities, since both My Father and Mr. Albertino seemed unharmed and fine.

Star said with a small shrug losing that Ventrue formality in her words and voice.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Hostilities in the room were high and I didn't want to add to that. I thought taking a more diplomatic aproch might have added to defusing the already building tension... But from my understanding, these "Cath-ay-ans" tryed to intimidate Mr.Albertino and Lord Count Hayworth into negotiating with them on the spot. To which it seemed that Mr.Albertino and Lord Count Hayworth had everything under control..  "
Star said giving a complement to Bruno for maintaing control over the situation without resorting to violence.

Star takes a moment to think again about the men.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... There were 3 men all together... , the Demon looking Nos like man, a sweety tattooed man who could double as bruce lee, but looked like he was rage'n high on coke to be honest. Then there was their boss I guess. He identified himself as Jina Shen Tien and a representantive of the Chinese Triad here in New York.

He was pale kinda like a vampire would be, dressed very formal in some knind of chinese outfit,  he had a long braids ponytail... Kinda looked very stereotypical of Asian actors from Hollywood movies if I'm to be perfectly honest. .
"

Star said trying not to sound too rasist. She was hopping she didn't leave anything important out but The phone is Star's pocket beeps to indicate a text received , though she ignores it to give Theo Bell her complete attention, it still distracted her slightly
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Though I'm sure that Mr.Albertino will be far more informative then I can be
Theo looks at Bruno with tired and piercing eyes.

But I tryed not to enter the situation with any hostilities, since both My Father and Mr. Albertino seemed unharmed and fine. /// Hostilities in the room were high and I didn't want to add to that. I thought taking a more diplomatic aproch might have added to defusing the already building tension...
The Sheriff's eyes went back to Star, the expression unchanged, he would be an excellent poker player. However, Rebecca did get a glimpse of Bell's thoughts reflected in his eyes: doubt, scepticism and overall a cunning curiosity about facts.

He identified himself as Jina Shen Tien and a representantive of the Chinese Triad here in New York.
Theo said.
"I see."

He thought about everyone's answers and started to make the puzzle in his head. The picture was clear, the facts, the players but not so much the intentions of the Triad to come here. He considered different motives and possible angles and then he said to Rebecca.
"Eiren, this meeting was a probe. They're gathering information about us, our organization and assesting our weaknesess.

The Triad already acknowledges the presence of the Prince, they were here during Polonia's ruling and went underground after the Sabbat was expelled from the City."

He made a long pause and then said.
"You are free to leave the building. If any of you contacts or is contacted by the asians you're from now compelled to notify me inmediately.

You're dismissed."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next