World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All for One and One for All (Star)

2 posters

Go down

All for One and One for All (Star) Empty All for One and One for All (Star)

Post  Malakiel Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Rebecca received a message from David informing her of the Union new office location in the Ivory Tower. It was in the 47 floor, a conference floor so top speak with a huge room on one side where several, probably a hundred people could fit without problem and at the other side was a huge office with several meeting rooms for about ten people each.

At the back of the second wing the biggest meeting room was transformed into a huge office with a private restroom, a bar, TV service and two big tables: one as a desk, the other to hold an meeting with five people or less. The decoration was sober and clean, waiting to be customize as David said in his message.

Behind the main desk was a huge bookshelf with things like city blueprints, italian laundry's accounting books, arab restaurants and many other small businesses. Photo albums from different Prisons including NY but not limited to, among other documents.

Over the table was a brand new EPSON Computer Equity II with a modern 8088 processor.
All for One and One for All (Star) Classic-High-Grade-Gorgeous-Executive-Desk-0806-A
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

All for One and One for All (Star) Empty Re: All for One and One for All (Star)

Post  Star Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Star walked into the office, closed the door behind her and took a silent moment to look around.
She was quite surprised at the size of the room and all its accommodations.

"This is the new Union's Office?... This is MY office?"
Star was surprised, for a moment she stood there giving her life a self evaluation.
She had come along way from her life on the street as a drug out street hoodlum..
From her start as a basicly stray dog picked up off the street, taken home and cleaned up and now given a purpose.

"The family really does know how to fit a square peg into a round hole Hee-Hee I best not disappoint them."
She though with a smile, feeling very proud to be a Ventrue.

Star walks over to "her" desk, still in a bit of disbelief. She hoped that she could excel and rise to the challenge that was placed in front of her.

Star looks over some of the files and book   that have been provided.

"OK Star, its time to get to work''
She thought to herself as she picked up the desk phone and went through the Rolodex to contact Bruno 1st to touch base with him.

Star places the call.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
All for One and One for All (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20All for One and One for All (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
All for One and One for All (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4All for One and One for All (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
All for One and One for All (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7All for One and One for All (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 pm

After a short conversation at the phone Bruno and Rebecca agreed to meet and the laundy.

Right after Star started to look among the papers for the address which she found easily on its file. An small laundry in Little Italy at Eldridge Street called 'Donna mia Laundry Service'. Hard to miss.

All for One and One for All (Star) 81c85a4e7e35caca19b95f20a28f3b0b
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:54 pm

Star Grand when she saw the location of the address. It was too far from SoHo she thought. Finally she could "dress down" for business. Besides there was no way in hell she was going to walk around that area looking like some rich'bitch in a over priced outfit that screamed "I got money! Rob me please!"
Star headed to her room in the tower and changed into her old street clothing.
Something simple and comfortable. Yet able to have her easily blend into the locals in the area. Star didn't want to stick out. She picked something from her closet and quickly matched it with her old jeans and combat boots she got from Brian at the Zoo. The distinct smell of Gun oil and dirt hung on the fabric.

All for One and One for All (Star) 7eb7c03c607ee9192d442e6c75af0b8f

After fixing her makeup in the still broken mirror, she grabbed her messenger bag, slung it around her back and headed to the  the garage to grab her truck. Taking with her any Essentials she might need . Star didnt really care about any looks she might get for "dressing down" from her fellow clan mates as she went to meet Bruno at the designated locations.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
All for One and One for All (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20All for One and One for All (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
All for One and One for All (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4All for One and One for All (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
All for One and One for All (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7All for One and One for All (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:53 am

Little Italy was a dark place, specially after midnight. Many alleys were packed with homeless looking for the leftovers of the many restaurants in the zone grabbing pieces of discarded hardware and walking, some pushing carts with some of these items back to the hole they came from.

Star was very aware of the streets movement, so the open sewer entries and some people around them she knew what was going on. Aside of the food fetching there were some traffic on the street and even less prostitutes but still some of them around looking to round the night.

Still even at this hour were many open places, specially restaurants and one only laundry with a shining neon announcing the 24 x 7 service: Dona mia! Next to it an empty alley allowed her to park the wagoneer and get down to ask for Bruno.

Inside was an old italian lady that recognized Rebecca immediately for her voice and before she could finish her first phrase she said to Star.
"Yes ma'am, Mr. Bruno is at the backstore, please follow the corridor the door is open."

The corridor ended in an small office where Bruno had piles of cash packed and many more waiting to be counted to pack it up and be sent somewhere.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:16 am

Star made sure to lock up the truck and put LJ nicely tucked away in her boot. Star took extra steps to make sure she took note of her surroundings.  Not that she expected trouble, but one could never be too  cautious, her father had taught her that.

All for One and One for All (Star) Skullb12

Star was a bit surprised a bit that the woman recognize her voice from the phone, though she said nothing on the natter other then exchange simple pleasantries and made her way down to where Bruno's office was. Along the way Star counted her steps, and made a mental note of any security features she saw, as well as other doors and possible exits. It was just a force of habit Star found herself doing often in a new place just incase of trouble.

All for One and One for All (Star) Skullb12

Star reached Bruno's office door and knocked her knuckles on the open door as she entered.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ....Hay'ya"
Star said informally holding a cheery friendly tone in her voice.
" ....hope I'm not interrupting anything?... How ya been Bruno? Everything good?"
She said holding a warm smile.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:13 am

" ....hope I'm not interrupting anything?... How ya been Bruno? Everything good?"

Bruno looks back at Rebecca while taking the small pencil on his ear to write down a number in a notebook. Then he says.
"Not at all. Welcome Rebecca.

I about to finish this... a pain in the ass but I gotta do it myself."

He then took the whole bunch of $100s about a hundred bills and bind it with a strap of paper, then with plastic adhesive tap; and finally into a plastic bag that goes to a vacuum machine to suck all the air out and seal the bills inside.

Bruno then grabs a rubber stamp with the other hand and lands a soft punch with it over the plastic bag leaving a mark, an small logo looking like an pizza without a slice with two letters on it (B, D) and before starting with the next pack he says.
"What's up? To what honor do I owe the visit?"

All for One and One for All (Star) D3f06bef7debeeca1bc4c23a31ecc4b2
This is how 1millon dollars look like:

This is what Star is looking at over the table next to her.
All for One and One for All (Star) 57c38c2eb996eb26008b4e13?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:16 pm

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ....[whistles a wow] wow that's a lot of green."
Star smiles and takes a glance at the stack of money. She watches Bruno stack the cash.
"Seems kinda tedious, dont ya got ghouls to do this stuff? "
She said just a little surprised Bruno was doing all this by himself.
"Ya need a extra hand with anything? "
Star said genuinely asking if he wanted any extra help.

What's up? To what honor do I owe the visit?
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ...eh? Um.. not much, just making Union rounds. Im still trying to get a idea of what needs to be done and where I can help. I'm still trying to figure all this out. To be honest I'm not really used to this.   But I'm sure I'll learn.
I figure you know way more about all this then anyone. So I'm kinda here to check up on things.

Star paused and took a breath

"I know I'm kinda a pain in the ass and I'm sorry for any shit I gave ya in the past. But I could really use your help figuring the what we do out. So.. I.. Um.. Dont crash and burn so badly. 'cuz I realized this ain't all about me, and my focus should be on everyone else, and what I can do to make the Union successful.  Yeah know all for one and one for all type shit."
Star said honestly and not trying to pander or play a angle
"I can try to make it worth ya time to put up with me, if ya can show me what's going on...."
She added knowing that no one usually does anything for free
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:07 pm

"Seems kinda tedious, dont ya got ghouls to do this stuff? "
"Ya need a extra hand with anything? "

Bruno nods.
"I do have ghouls, two to be exact, they brought me all these here. Now its my turn to check they did it correctly and nothing is missing. Because it will be my ass on the line if they screw up and I don't trust blindly in anyone." he sentences.

He grills at Star for a second with a self satisfied grin and then said.
"Feel free to help, stack piles of ten grands while I wrapped 'em up."

"I can try to make it worth ya time to put up with me, if ya can show me what's going on...."

As Star and Bruno started checking everything and packing the money to be delivered he started explaining 'the job'.

"The basic is that italian mob, or as we Italian call it 'La Cosa Nostra' and the Ventrue have always been in conflict, at first and I mean back when Michaella was ruling over the City, the Ventrue tried to control everything, the Union were five of your Clan keeping a check on everyone else but the Giovanni had a better relationship with the Mafia and bada bum! They screwed the Ventrue and hence the Camarilla all the time...

Francisco de Polonia the Archibishop of the Sabbat did a better job, I mean controlling shit around here. He choose a Pack, a Sabbat pack, that for any reason had kindred from many Clans. That Pack was called the Union! That's why we started to call this group the Union when Bright took over.

Before that and I mean before my Sire arrived to America, you know the Bastard he goes by the nickname Midnight. Pirates have been the biggest headache for the Princedom. Now there're no Pirates, they change the name and call these people Gangsters but to me is the same shit with different smell.

Pirates brought Eccaterina, one Pirate even became Archbishop a Ravnos with a wooden leg, the most vicious bastard in the seven seas if you believe Midnight's stories. Each time the Camarilla tried the same, Michaella and Hayn both tried to kick the Pirates off, since these people were too dirty to join the Court. That's why the Sabbat had always controlled the gangs of New York City, they were the highway through any defense and the Troyan Horse to take down any Princedom.

Bright ain't no saint, the mothefucker sure is to be feared. He kept the Union, not the original members tho, just the name to give a sense of continuity and gave it to people he said he trusted. Me? I have been here from night one! I know everything there's to know about this shithole and I know this City head to toes."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Star gives Bruno a simple nod and gets to work helping him out as instructed.

//''La Cosa Nostra' and the Ventrue have always been in conflict, at first and I mean back when Michaella was ruling over the City,
Star raised a eyebrow
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" Michaella?....I think I recall hearing that name before... I think"
Star commented thinking as she helped stack the bulks of money

"the Ventrue tried to control everything,
" yeah that sounds about right"
She said as a joke, though the statement was very true

the Union were five of your Clan keeping a check on everyone else but the Giovanni had a better relationship with the Mafia and bada bum! They screwed the Ventrue and hence the Camarilla all the time...

" oof... Jezzuz.  So how strong a presence would you say the Giovanni still have in the city? From what I have heard the Clan is still doing its own thing and haven't joined ether Sect...yeah?
She said a bit curious.
" though to be honest, I dont know much about them besides them being like mobsters that play with dead things WAY more then anyone truly should"
she said alluding to the rumors of the Giovanni fucking dead bodies. But star wasn't so crass as to say such a think outside the company of David or Phillip.
Star was still a Ventrue and didn't want to be rude.
" Though I'm sure not all are like that. we all have our stereotypes, and not everyone of course fits that mold.
I mean hell... look at me, I dont exactly fit the typical stereotype of my clan. At least I'm pretty sure I dont hee-hee.

Star said making some light hearted humor about it all.

Francisco de Polonia the Archibishop of the Sabbat did a better job, I mean controlling shit around here. He choose a Pack, a Sabbat pack, that for any reason had kindred from many Clans. That Pack was called the Union! That's why we started to call this group the Union when Bright took over.

Star paused and tilted her hear seeming very interested in this information

Before that and I mean before my Sire arrived to America, you know the Bastard he goes by the nickname Midnight. Pirates have been the biggest headache for the Princedom. Now there're no Pirates, they change the name and call these people Gangsters but to me is the same shit with different smell.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ...wait... Pirates? ... Like pirate-pirates?..... Like treasure hunting, cut throat , walk the plank, scallywag pirates?... Damn that's cool."
Star said kinda with a laugh.
" so pirates became gangsters. Seems legit'.

Pirates brought Eccaterina, one Pirate even became Archbishop a Ravnos with a wooden leg, the most vicious bastard in the seven seas if you believe Midnight's stories."
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ..I would actually love to hear those stories....."
Star tried to hide it, but she cracked a smile at hearing this, then she paused and asked.....
"you dont think that guy is still around... The Ravnos with the wooden leg?.... Humm I wonder if her ever staked anyone with it.
Star said clearly just as a joke

Each time the Camarilla tried the same, Michaella and Hayn both tried to kick the Pirates off, since these people were too dirty to join the Court. That's why the Sabbat had always controlled the gangs of New York City, they were the highway through any defense and the Troyan Horse to take down any Princedom.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ....but that's why the Gangrel Gate was created...wasn't it? I mean shit... Its  ridiculously hard to try to get into NY unnoticed. Though not impossible mind you, just ridiculously hard."
Star said taking a moment to remember back to when she hard to sneak into NY with her pack.

Bright ain't no saint, the mothefucker sure is to be feared.
" ...yes no shit, ya dont get to be the big man in charge of holding a whole city together and be a freaking pushover. Anyone with half a brain cell in their head would be wise to stay on his good side.

He kept the Union, not the original members tho, just the name to give a sense of continuity and gave it to people he said he trusted. Me? I have been here from night one! I know everything there's to know about this shithole and I know this City head to toes."
Star smiled at Bruno
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ...wha?? Night one? Holy shit man...."
Star paused
" so wait... If ya been here from the beginning why ain't you running things? Why the fuck give the leadership of the Union to a asshat like me? That makes no damn sense whatsoever. I should be work'n for you. You got seniority. "
Star said appreciating Bruno  but clearly missing the whole "Ventrue must be in charge of everyrhing " angle."Was Adam here from the beginning too? Can't be... I dont know maybe I just dont get it. It just doesn't seem right. "
Star shrugged and sighed
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:13 pm

" oof... Jezzuz. So how strong a presence would you say the Giovanni still have in the city? From what I have heard the Clan is still doing its own thing and haven't joined ether Sect...yeah?

Bruno looks up for a second stopping what he's doing with an expression of 'are you fucking kidding me' in his face. He says some gibberish in italian mentioning the Giovanni and then says in english.
"i-malano-miau! aduzipach boombots!" he yells and then continues in english "The Giovanni are the fucking dope! These mothefuckers literally have a gate to hell, back and forth, constantly transporting people in and out of New York, mostly kindreds and other undeads."

After getting his shit together he says.
"They have a pact with the lunatics, a space I don't want to visit if I can avoid it. They keep a place here in Manhattan but their main operation is at Rikers and they have many posts across the city with the underground colony and the catacombs. Deep shit!!

The graverobbers ain't right. Those fuckers are wrong, I don't even know why the Prince accepts them..."

" ...wait... Pirates? ... Like pirate-pirates?..... Like treasure hunting, cut throat , walk the plank, scallywag pirates?... Damn that's cool."
He nods.

"you dont think that guy is still around... The Ravnos with the wooden leg?.... Humm I wonder if her ever staked anyone with it.
He replied quickly.
"Nah, some Assamite destroyed him back then, hired by the Cams but I don't know, just repeating old stories."

" ....but that's why the Gangrel Gate was created...wasn't it? I mean shit... Its ridiculously hard to try to get into NY unnoticed. Though not impossible mind you, just ridiculously hard."
He nods again in acknowledge.
"Only an stronzo would try to brute force his way in... You haven't seen shit raining down like I have... that shit is scary."

" so wait... If ya been here from the beginning why ain't you running things? Why the fuck give the leadership of the Union to a asshat like me? That makes no damn sense whatsoever. I should be work'n for you. You got seniority."
She looks funny at Star like she's joking again.
"I told you, the Union is a Ventrue thing. I am just here playing my part cuz it suits me... I don't need to be sucking balls in the Ivory Tower, meetings and audiences bore me to hell.

I am best where I am."

"Was Adam here from the beginning too? Can't be... I dont know maybe I just dont get it. It just doesn't seem right. "
Bruno says shortly.
"I will not dignify that stupidity with an answer Lady."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:38 pm

i-malano-miau! aduzipach boombots!" he yells and then continues in english "The Giovanni are the fucking dope! These mothefuckers literally have a gate to hell, back and forth, constantly transporting people in and out of New York, mostly kindreds and other undeads."
Star's head tilts to the side and she goes wide eyed.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ...what?  Are you serious? That's fracking so god damn cool as hell! . could you just imagine what the other side is like... Oh my god!! ."
Star said unable to hide her interest in the topic. She was clearly excited, but tried to hold it back 'cuz of clan reasons.

Star clears her throat as she composed herself.
" I mean... Damn.. There is so many possibilities for gain there... I just..
Star took a break
" I'm probably way out of line and way out of proper thinking... Forgive me"

Nah, some Assamite destroyed him back then, hired by the Cams but I don't know, just repeating old stories."
"awe really, that's sad...
Star said almost in a mournful tone before she caught herself.
""Umm-eeeurp!!!! I mean .. Of course. That's a great thing... Of course..
(Playing into Sabbat sympathizer flaw)

Only an stronzo would try to brute force his way in... You haven't seen shit raining down like I have... that shit is scary."
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" yeah you ain't de only one dat seen some shit... But..Naw.. You right. though one doesn't " brute force their way in! " that's a idiots gamble. Yeah got to be patient, plan things out and have an inside man hee-hee." "
Star paused for a moment.
"not that I would have any idea or anything... Nope.. Not me"
She said gritting her teeth and going quickly back to her work on the stacks.

I told you, the Union is a Ventrue thing. I am just here playing my part cuz it suits me..
"fair enough, fair enough... My Clan is really good about finding places for all thing and people alike, got to hand it to the Ventrue 'bout that.

Bruno says shortly.
"I will not dignify that stupidity with an answer Lady."
Star starts to laugh
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ....awe come on Bruno, I'm stupid, ya know that. Leave meh alone! "
She said as a playful joke at her own expensive and giving Bruno a goofy grin.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:21 am

Bruno finishes counting all the money just on the nick of time. His numbers don't fit his expectations sadly but he doesn't seem alarmed at all, since only five kays were lost in the process.
"I will find the motherfucker that's putting his hand in my pocket." he says more to himself.

Then he looks back at Rebecca to ask.
"So... have you heard anything else about the Cathayans?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 am

"I will find the motherfucker that's putting his hand in my pocket."
Star made a toothy grin.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ....damn straight! Fuck'n cut his fingers off one by one till he ether gets the message not to dip or has no fingers left on his hands to dip"
She said both in a playful and very serious & sadistic tone of voice

So... have you heard anything else about the Cathayans?"
Star perked her head up
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" the Cath'? Naw... not realy, I think its out of 'our' hands actually. Not heard shit since that night. I'm sure if the high ups want the unions helped they will plop something on our desk. I mean Ventrue are kinda to the point of things, if anything came up I'm sure I would be notified 6 ways to Sunday, ya feel me?"

Oh shit... speaking of which do you know that we have a new office? Kinda sweet too. Was thinking about  decorating it with crests from all our clans... You know to show unity and such. So when we meet everyone feels represented.... Maybe the members of the union can contribute something that they like... Like art or piece of something sentimental or some shit to the decor of the office. I dont know... the Count said I could decorate the office anyway that I chose . ummm. . .  so I'm thinking that giving everyone a little sentimental place there to make it feel like it's part of THEM, rather than all of ME would be beneficial. ''

Star shrugged "
"I dont know... Its just a thought... Its just I dont want it to be MY space... Its for us all.... Is that strange for me ro say? hee-hee"

Star said giving her normal lighthearted kaugh
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:09 pm

" the Cath'? Naw... not realy, I think its out of 'our' hands actually. Not heard shit since that night. I'm sure if the high ups want the unions helped they will plop something on our desk. I mean Ventrue are kinda to the point of things, if anything came up I'm sure I would be notified 6 ways to Sunday, ya feel me?"

Bruno snarls.
"Not really bambina, listen you want to be a team player, right? your job is to get your nose there... if the Cathayans went south we need to know, if there's an agreement going on... we need to know... because they are messing with the business, you know?

Here in this shit hole there's no waiting, you gotta be on your toes with these political shit and get intel on the decisions even before they are made."

Like art or piece of something sentimental or some shit to the decor of the office. I dont know... the Count said I could decorate the office anyway that I chose . ummm. . .
Bruno shrugs.
"I just don't get the point... don't get me wrong is nice you are thinking about the Union as a group but I am not the office kind of guy and I don't give cavolo about it? capish?" he concludes.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:27 pm

// your job is to get your nose there... if the Cathayans went south we need to know, if there's an agreement going on... we need to know... because they are messing with the business, you know?
Star gives a quiet not, thinking about this.

Here in this shit hole there's no waiting, you gotta be on your toes with these political shit and get intel on the decisions even before they are made."
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ....yeah you're right, You're right. I got to get off my ass and do some investigation. Get out on the street and get my hands dirty. I'll see what I can dig up. "
Star said, now thinking about this issue with more severity.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum