World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night walk to the unknown (Romina)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Night walk to the unknown (Romina) Empty Night walk to the unknown (Romina)

Post  Malakiel Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:04 pm

After leaving the ER it always seemed like the fatigue fell down from the sky over Romina's shoulders. She was very tire, per haps more than usual. There were many things in her head, among them the upcoming rent payment among other finantial problems.

As she was reaching the Salvador's home her mind drifted to the unusual aspects of this case, it wasn't usual for her to go to her patients houses but there was nothing normal about this case in particular anyway. She couldn't believe that a monster could exists, she had to look at it with her own eyes or figure the scientific explaination for this strange situation.

The old building was five floors high, very old and overpopulated, in particular the four floor where the Salvador family lived. The buzz opener door was damage and she easily entered to meet the stairs, the elevator was long gone many years ago. On the way up it was common to hear several TV and music devices loud enough to be clearly heard in the corridors.

Eventually she got to the top of the old concrete stairs, it had many fractures and missing parts, it was very easy to fall down in this place. At least that part of the story checked. She identified what side of the building corresponded to the to letter G.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Night walk to the unknown (Romina) Empty Re: Night walk to the unknown (Romina)

Post  Romina Passaglia Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:29 pm

And people still believe that because the Constitution says something, it makes it real?
How many people have gone to war and died, or worse, returned and became a pariah? How many overdosed vets have I treated? How many are so broken by what they life they cannot function in socierty anyomore without a help the Govertment does not provide?

I start getting angry. This father kills himself working to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table, and I am sure something is going to happen. Because no one cares about them.

I do. I care about the people that try. Not the weak-ass people that is always looking for help, but the people that work? Yeah. I care about them.

I go up, keeping a scalpel in my hand, just in case. No one can mistake me for anything else as a Medical Worker, with my get-up, but even the most crazed gangbanger does not like the way a scalpel looks.
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:14 pm

The loud noises around came from this floor and the floor below. Still one more floor before the rooftop. The barrier of the stairs were in concrete as well, a relic from times in NYC where buildings had less prefabricated materials and more armoured concrete.

The walls were very deteriorated, not to the point where you have graffities everyone but definetely time has worn the once bright paint of the walls. Most of the lights were those yellowish incandecent bulbs, nothing as sofisticated as flourecent white light in the entire building.

Other than that just old wooden closed doors.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:39 pm

I take a look around, feeling foolish. What did I expect to find? A box with a sign, saying "Clues and Answers"?

This is a bad place. The kind of place where people with no hope and no dreams come to while away the time until they die.

I take another look, hoping to find something that can help that kid. He is young enough to have hope..
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:12 pm

After a while, I decide this was a bad plan and start to go down the stairs. The way the old place is bult makes me think there can be some kind of access that whatever is messing with the Kid, is using.

So i go ahead and try to look for it.
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:07 pm

The outside of the building was wary and old as expected, the once shining bricks were now painted over with a mixture of red paint and may be oxide to renew its visage but without glory. The humidity was quite disguised and fractures here and there were almost invisible.

Turning around the structure Romina found the windows related to the appartment 4G, three old ones in one face of the building and two in the other. All lights except one were off, she remembered that the father had went home and may be she could have knocked to ask him a few questions.

As expected the there were many ways to get into the appartment or out in case of emergency, the first was an emergency ladder, the other a balcony too close to a one similar in the appartment from where an agile person could jump from and last the contiguous building in front was also very close.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:28 pm

You go to the best places, Girl, right?

I take a look to this ruinious place and still, decide to try to take a peek.

I can always claim I heard someone yelling or something if the Cops show up.

I try the emergency ladder first.
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:15 pm

The alley is still waiting for the disposal service to appear, the trash dump is close, wide open and full of stuff. Also several boxes were left by the neighbors, along with some newspaper left by the nightcrawlers usually sleeping close here. The lower level of the ladder was closer to the first floor about two yards in the air, making almost imposible to reach unless you're a parkur master.

The system is quite simple, to escape anyone can step on the ladder or push it down to make it descend. While from the base level the ladder will only come down by pulling it down.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:03 pm

FFirst, I try to make sure there is no one else there.

I take a look at the boxes in case some of them can be used to hoist myself up to catch the lsdder so I can pull it down.
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:54 pm

The trash container was the only object stiff enough to resist her weight but sadly was too heavy to move. Of course there were other options, like pileing wooden boards to attempt of climbing and it took her a while to figure out that there was no way for her to climb to that ladder.

Half frustrated and half curious about the situation of little Brian, she had more than enough reasons to retreat and go home for a nice box and can meal and watch TV, when suddenly one of the windows she had identified to be corresponded to the appartament opened, allowing out a nightcrawler in a hood, easily climbing out to the roof, leaving a closed window behind it.

Romina could not believe own her eyes...

Night walk to the unknown (Romina) Midnight_hands
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:28 pm

It was true. The child was right.

Someone is messing with him. Who the hell is this? A cat burglar pervert? The Mother was partially right, but the kid said his dad did not see the molester..

Drugs? Is the dad on it? Is the dad at home now?

I follow the creep visually, trying to catch a glimpse of him so I can ID him to the cops.

As soon as I see whatever that creep is reach the roof, I will go back inside to see if the father is home. At this point I do not know if Dad if in on this, or he is innocent and does not know anything.
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:31 pm

The alley was very dark, specially with the post lights shining against the person in the lowest position. Nothing but a shade of someone in a hooded sweater going on the roof was everything Romina could see until the nightcrawler went out of her sight.

She hurried again to enter the building almost running upstairs, there was something strange in the way that the nightcrawler went out that window, something animalistic, something un-human. Half way in the second floor her mind was already racing to conclussions, feeling a little lost for what he had just seen.

Romina was gasping in front of the apartment 4G where the family lives. Will the father be home?
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Was that a junkie? Or maybe the father himself is the one messing with the kid?
I don't know!
I'm not a cop.
But, if I walk away, what is going to happen to that poor kid. His mom is essencially helpless at this point and he is going to have to come back here at some point..

I try to compose myself and then, after I am breating normally, I try the doorknob.

Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:31 pm

Still unbelieving the strange nature of that event and worried about the family Romina tries the door knob. The door was closed.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Just my luck.

I try a closed door and weight my options. But I am already here so I'd rather do something that just go back home.

I knock on the door. What the hell, he saw me at the Hospital and I can say the Paramedics told me the address.
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:29 pm

The medic knocks the door a couple of times and eventually it opens. At the other side of it was a baffed father of family, his eyes go wide thinking the worst about his family, turning pale for a minute.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:50 pm

When I see his exppresion I try to calm him down.

-I was just passing by I remembered the address. Your kid is with your wife back at the hospital..I was just curious about his fall, but I guess it was the stairs, huh?-

He doesn't look like he is trying to hide something, does he? Maybe he really doesn?t know?
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:48 pm

The man was still in disbelieve, baffed by Romina's presence.

-I was just passing by I remembered the address. Your kid is with your wife back at the hospital..I was just curious about his fall, but I guess it was the stairs, huh?-
He blinks heavily, assesting the commitment of the doctor to come to investigate the stairs that caused his boy to be hurted earlier. He says.
"Mmmm... yes doctor. He tried to run down stairs and fell.."

The man looked genuinely confused by the situation.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:44 pm

-His knee will heal. He is young, but he is not sleeping well and that is taking a toll on him, you know? He mentioned having bad dreams and that can be a problem at that age..just imagine he got lucky he only hurt his knee and I know your wife mentioned something, but...is there a possibility some creep is stalking your kid? There are a lot of weirdoes out there-- -

I try to sell him something gently. Maybe religion won't budge you, but as a man you must know there is bad people, right?
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:13 pm

just imagine he got lucky he only hurt his knee and I know your wife mentioned something
The guy looks sincerely worried that something worth could happend. He says nothing but shows concern.

is there a possibility some creep is stalking your kid? There are a lot of weirdoes out there
Again the father seems slow about getting the point of all these but trusting that Romina is a good person, trying to do the right thing he goes against the logic of any newyorker about stranger in their doorsteps.
"Listen doc, my home is safe. I'm trying really hard to keep ma' boy from harm, ok? What can I do to prevent this from happening? He tells me someone is there I go to check out but the truth is... THERE'S NO ONE!"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:17 pm

-Well...you know kids are more sensitive than adults..maybe he feels watched? The fire escape is not close to his window or something like that? I have heard about stalker-types using these to watch victims.-

I answer, trying to trust his claims of wishing to keep his son safe.
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Well...you know kids are more sensitive than adults
He crumpled up his face and said.
"Sensitive? ... To what exactly? Are you going to talk to me about ghosts? really doctor?"

The man closes up his arms and then continues.
"I'm sorry doc, you mean well but I don't have time for this B.S... kids made up things, period. When you have a rational theory let me know, in the mean time good night." and he slams the door closed.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:10 pm

WTF? This asshole¡

I refrain the urge to kick the door, and start to walk towards the stairs. Just to take a look to the roof.

I am not sure what I am looking for, but no Priest is going to help this. And this idiot won't even think that someone may be molesting his kid.

That would explain the sucking marks..

I make sure I have the scalpel handy, just in case.
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Romina went upstaris looking for an access to the roof top, the old door wasn't effectively closed, just pushing it was enough to open it. The night was very cold and this high the breeze makes even harder to stay still without shivering. There was Romina a good nice medical technician breaking in private property, holding an edge weapon to defend against a children abuser she was chasing.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romina Passaglia Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:56 pm

I advance, feeling foolish, indeed.
It is not my problem. I don't much care for anyone or anything and I am here, risking running into a creep.

I sigh and I try to orient myself towards the place this creep should walk to get to the kid's window.

I´m doing my best, ok? That's all I have..
Romina Passaglia
Romina Passaglia
Neonate
Neonate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next