World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Rises

Go down

Dragon Rises Empty Dragon Rises

Post  Guest Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:40 pm

Wut are you tryin to prove? You got nuthin I want. Step back outta mah space 'fore I cap you one. More. Good. Now WUT!?

Nothin' to tell. I'm just fightn my way to the top like everyone else. Even if my top is at the bottom. My life story? What are ya, a cop? A shrink? Aight 'doc', but I ain't payin ya.

My parents came to America as newly weds before I was born. Traditionalists in a new land, 'lets have a boy in America', the whole bright eyed immigrant bit. Yeah dad tried for ages and couldn't get mommy dearest knocked up. they got all these stinky traditionalist medicines and teas and creams. What a mess. Eventually mom got pregnant. I dunno but I think she was bangin some other dude. Dad was just LIVID when I didn't come with a dick, ya know? Girls cant fight or fix cars or anything. They stay home and cook and pour tea and sing terribly. Shame on ME for being a GIRL! I have cursed his honour and will be a blight on the family name! yadda yadda yadda. You get the jist. Anyway. I grew up being resented by my dad and dressed in frills and lace by mom. Yuck.

I put myself into self defense classes as soon as I could afford it with what I got for allowance.  Soon after I turned 10, I found myself in a bit of trouble. By then I had collected 2 belts for kung fu. I wasn't very good but I was good enough to protect myself from the bullys at school. There were A LOT of bullys at school. I was the funny short kid with slanty eyes and a funny accent. Shit got real early in life.

So this trouble; There were 5 of them and they were really big. At least in high school. I was so irritated with people by this point and just wanted to finish my delivery and go home. I was pushed down, called names. You know how it is with boys when they feel powerful. Anyway, I tried to break a kneecap as any 10 year old can and failed as miserably as a 10 year old does. One of them, likely the ring leader, broke a freaking broom handle over my ribs. I was kicked in the back more than once, and my flowers were crushed beyond repair. That got me mad more than the pain.

Then dad had to show up. He might have saved my life but I was blamed for all of it. Dad was arrested for accosting one of the boys. He was gone for 3 months but I still saw him every night in my nightmares. He and mom were blaming me for everything that was going wrong. I started praying to be a boy after that. My brothers were loved. I was not. They were given freedoms I never got. I even cut my hair off at one point about a week after this fight. I was damaged inside and out. I hated life and started taking risks a "proper lady" should never take.

Mom was a real piece of work the whole time dad was away. She has always been a different person when he wasn't home compared to when he was. I tell ya she is NOT the sweet submissive little flower she makes her self out to be. That is a total act. I bet dad would freak if he knew the real Aimi. The day dad was to return I knew it. Mom was being a sweet soft woman and not the demon she normally is. Likely in attempt to make me forget the months of torture she put me through. My shoulder length hair was trimmed to look more professional and I knew she would take credit for it like she did with the flowers. Of course I didn't protest, but I was miserable.

What mom doesn't know is I called sobo (grandmother). I told her about what I was doing in school and how I was taking kung fu classes and sifu liked me. I told her how mother made me put flowers together and miss my class on more than just one occasion. I guess she heard the misery in my voice because she tried to comfort me. I had never met sobo before but I guess she met me when I was a baby. She told me things would be okay if I'm willing to work hard for it. I was not to say yes just because I was mad. She told me to call her when I had thought over this very adult decision. I didn't know what she meant by that until I called her back. Sure I tattled on mom but I believe now like I did then. Mom deserved it.

Not a week after my call, grandmother arrived. There was no call or letter or any warning. I got home from school and a tall elegant woman was seated in the livingroom having tea. She delicately put her tea down and looked at me. I knew it was sobo. We have the same eyes. She looked at the spot across from her and I immediatly went to her and kneeled at the tea table. I was in awe. This woman was beautiful. Her hair had to be at least to her knees and her face was wrinkled with age but yet beautiful. Her back was not hunched like so many elders I see and I couldn't help but notice my own slouch. I straightened my back without a word from this woman. She smiled tenderly and looked at the tea before me. I smiled back and reached for the cup only to have my knuckles smacked harshly. Wide eyed I looked at her and she looked again at the cup. I hesitated and reached again. The sharp pain shot through my fingers and I called out. She reached out and put her hands over mine. Instead of the soft hands I expected, hers were as rough as tree bark and just as aged as the rest of her. She told me hard work is more than just labor. Hard work is of the mind as well as the spirit. Chi was a life force that could work for you or against you. If I was to have it work for me, I would need tough training. She was very disappointed dad hadn't taught me any of this. It may be too late for me. Of course I argued I would work much harder than any have ever worked. She sipped her tea and was silent the rest of the evening. Mom was not happy. that made me more determined.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I left with grandmother really early the next morning. The sun wasn't even up and neither were my brothers. I was told everything I would need was already in Japan. I was so excited even though I was told quite firmly it was NOT a vacation. I was going on a trip with my sobo! There was a long wait at the airport and a long time sitting in the airplane and not going anywhere. Then there was the sitting while going somewhere. The trip was not idol sitting though. She started to teach me how to talk with my hands. Simple things like manners and saying I'm hungry or had to use the bathroom. Basic tourist stuff. I learned animal signs and some numbers. I felt pretty fluent by the time we landed.

We sat in a little buggy pulled by a horse when we got there and road to sobos place. It was huge! There were so many cute little buildings and SO much space! She told me the space was for training and the buildings were for eating and sleeping in. There was nothing else. My stomach dropped as the severity of my decision hit me like a wall. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I wasn't sure I could do this but sobo seemed confident. That made it worse.

It was months of work. I was sore and constantly missed mom hitting me with a broom. I learned so many things I didn't think my body was capable of. I was forced to contort and twist into strange positions. She said it was only hard because I was not trained since I was a baby. She would be sure to have a talk with dad. What?Training was hard enough as a 10 year old girl. At first I was given weekends off but after the first month that stopped. In the third month the hours got longer. Pain was my constant companion. I was stretched over chairs with blades sticking up, folded into small boxes for hours at a time. "For the times you must wait out the enemy." What enemy? What was she talking about?

On my birthday, I was permitted to call home. Dad answered and was so happy I was okay but sorry to hear I was with his mother. He asked how I was feeling and if I wanted to come home. I almost answered yes. But then mom came to mind with her scowl and her broom and the "All your Fault!" It was hard, really it was. I knew by then grandmother was acting out of love. Mother never did. I told him I would stay and he sounded sad but happy. How did he do that? I cried that night. The chance was there and I let it slip. I had only been here for 6 months and I wanted to just go home. Sobo heard me and gave me a hug. She told me she knows its hard but the decision I made, no matter the reasons, was one of a real warrior, worthy of the family name. She was proud of me. That made my chest ache. I didn't sleep that night. Not a wink. I was given the next day off to reflect. I used it to explore and learn the family history that was kept from me.

I lived with grandmother in Japan for almost another year. Training became easier and I learned new things. I noticed muscles in places I didn't have them before and learned why to be proud of who I am. I learned to avoid attacks and to redirect an attack. There was some sword work as well but my strengths were in defense.

Last edited by Kaida on Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Rises Empty Re: Dragon Rises

Post  Guest Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Dragon Rises Kaida_12

MENTAL: (4)
Perception- xx
Intelligence- xx
Wits- xxx

SOCIAL: (3)
Charisma- xx