World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power in thy blood not what you think

2 posters

Go down

Power in thy blood not what you think Empty Power in thy blood not what you think

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Father Roger started with a long lesson about Camarilla Traditions, it was the classical one by one approach with a few examples of how things should be done in vampire nights. However, all minds started to detect a pattern in Roger's choice of words associating Traditions with Power.

Not a very common thing to think that following rules empowers you in anyway, these explaination didn't quite uncover the whole deal, explicitly, more than that gave for granted that Camarilla is different from other vampiric factions because it has Traditions and Camarilla is stronger, more powerful than any of them. Therefore, Traditions make us stronger.

Even more he compared Camarilla to Anarchs once again to highlight that the copycat our Masquerade and because of that they hold control in California, where otherwise they would have lost it decades ago. Each Tradition -he said- comes with a power for us to last longer, to resist death, to exist at all..

The Domain is an accord of respect among cainites, avoiding inner struggle in this war keeps us working as a team, instead of fighting each other like Anarchs do. Sabbats do understand the power of teams but their conception lacks our vision, while they form Packs like animals to proceed in their schemes, we go to a city scale, state, nation and even worldwide covenant to respect each other and thrive.

The Progeny is the right to embrace, to create another vampire, to enslave mortals to our will. Keeping the balance is important for the stability of any princedom and small numbers also makes easier to keep the Masquerade. While Anarchs and Sabbat create vampires wildly changing the balance of power and therefore creating coup after coup, leaving flanks unconvered for enemies to take advantage of.

The Accounting is the duty of every elder to the young ones, from sire to Childe, Prince to every vampire in his city. The accounting is the reward all youngones get, the power they earn, the position and recognition given by thee Elders for thee Young ones to prosper.

Hospitality and Destruction are two sides of the same coin, be with us and we shall grant you our favors, be against us and perish.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Power in thy blood not what you think Empty Re: Power in thy blood not what you think

Post  Mad-Wolf Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:07 pm

All of Mad-Wolf's paid close attention to this lesson.
Wolf's rebellious demeanor made him skeptical of believing that following Traditions could lead to power. But as Roger patiently explained everything in Greater detail, all four of them began to see the benefit to this, and the importance of the Camarilla.

Madison liked this, the sense being a part of something larger than herself , even larger than her clan . That sense of of Duty and structure appeal to her in a way.  Following these Traditions would lead to survival and it draws upon her inner nature on a deeper level then she could express. She listen to Rodger very intently and paid great attention.
Power in thy blood not what you think Madiso11
This it's fascinating, and we are all apart of this. I see now... Its not only our duty as kindred, but also a honor to help uphold these Camirilla Traditions for a better way of life for the  ones that come after us.

Wolf had so many questions he wanted to ask, and he bombarded Madison's mind begging for her to ask Roger his enquiries.
< Madison... Ask him if he has domain?.... No wait ask him about hospitality ... Who is this big vamp in charge??.... Do we have to meet him?... When do we? What is he like???
Is he apart of the Clan?.... Does he like our Clan?
. sh!t it ain't that Bard guy right??? ..

Wolf's bombardment of questions came like waves over Madison and she closed her eyes tightly grabbing the side of her head. She angrily gritted her teeth and muttered...
"Shut up Wolf, shut up!"
She grunted turning her attention away from Roger

< Don't tell me to Shut up! This is important!>
<Hay are you listening to me?? >
<If you're not going to ask him at least...
Ask Roger  about the 6th tradition... Ask him if that applies to everyone? ... What about Sabbat or Anarchist... Can we kill them? Or do we have to be peaceful like  because it doesn't seem like how you went to war ..>

After a moment Madison recovered and she looked towards Roger
"Forgive me my luv, but I have a question... it pertains to the 6th tradition of Destruction. Now it's States.... Umm.. that we are forbidden to destroy any of our kind... Correct?
But does this tradition apply to vampires of the Sabbat or  Anarchy factions?... do you have to have special permission to engage with them and Destroy them? Like becomes some sort of soldier for the Camirilla or what not ? We require the rulers permission?   Or are we allowed to kill them as long as we don't break the first tradition... or really any of the others"

She said with some hesitation in her voice like she really didn't want to ask the question. No for what Rodger none of her she wasn't quite the type to just go around and kill people Or you can really hurt them unless it was to survive. So he might find her question a bit out of character
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Power in thy blood not what you think Empty Re: Power in thy blood not what you think

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:08 pm

Roger didn't hessitate on his answer.
"We shall not destroy any kindred. No vampire will come to us claiming its alliance to one faction or the other and many will plot against someone to make him look like an enemy. We only have a part of the information but the Prince receive the opinion of everyone on the matter before declaring a Blood Hunt.

We can hide, if we can't then we run, if we can't either we call for help even from the Kin but if all that fails we can fight back. Selfdefense is a right for all Kindred as well but avoid conflict as much as you can my Dear. Even the whimpless worm could be conciling poison to kill you."

He paused.
"Hospitality is the other side of that coin. All Kindreds are welcome? that's a fair question regarding Sabbat and Anarchs and the practical answer is Yes. Actually it was proven not long ago, when the werewolves took over Staten Island and started to kill every Anarch Elder their weakness became obvious and they flee to our Domain. The remaining Elders took the knee and sworn to obey our Prince in the time been they stay in our Land.

Now they are in The Bronx mostly, our Brujah took them as protegee and gave them Hospitality. While at the same time Sabbat's are plotting against us and are blood hunted on sight.

Time changes everything, one day a man is our enemy the next might our mightest ally."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Wolf grumbled angrily to himself at Roger's response. Hiding or running away was cowardly in his eyes, and he sure as hell would never want to call for help that would be a sign of weakness. Though the others had a much different take on the situation, Maddy was always the first to ask for help and she probably would want to avoid any trouble. Madison would usually only fight as a last resort. Anything to survive. And the Madam M would rather make people suffer than outrightly kill them.

<this is such bull-sh!t... We can't kill our enemies  without permission, yet they want to kill us  and we're expected to run and hide  like little scared rabbits >
Wolf said angrily you in the situation is completely unfair
<oh my darling little pup, your bark is so much bigger than your bite. You are thinking about these rules so one-dimensionally. The man said that we are forbidden from "killing" them. Honey you don't have to kill your enemies to make them suffer. There's nothing in those Traditions that says that you can't chop off their limbs and make them a Vampiric F*ck nugget .. torture darling is so much sweeter than death. >
Madam said in a very sexually sadistic way.
This was something Wolf never considered and he actually shut up and stop complaining.
<Wolf you really are so dimwitted some times, but I love you all the same>

Madison simply gave a small chuckle at the banter and smiled after hearing Wolf get put in his place.
She didn't always agree with Madam M, but M had a way of handling wolf and keeping him on his leash that she could only aspire to.

"Thank you for the clarification Roger ... is there anything that we should know about the one in charge? Is Prince?
Who is he? What Clan does he hail from?
What is his views on our clan? And where do the malkavian stand as far as political structure in the city?. And how far does his kingdom reach?..."
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Roger nods as he starts to answer this important questions.
"Malkavian Clan Holds control of the medical system in the State of New York. pharmacology, psycology, surgery, any medical issue is our responsability. That's our Domain, each Malkavian of certain age and status is given one under his responsability. I have one speciality under my supervision, Psycology and one aditional responsability to keep Wraiths at bay from medical institutions.

Polically we are among the most powerful clans in the city, along with Clan Tremere, warlocks of blood magic, Clan Toreador in control of social media and other kinds of communications and of course Clan Ventrue. His Magesty the Prince is from Clan Ventrue, blue blood vampires with aristocratic roots. The Clan of Kings is called and their Domains are Money and Trade."

He looks up and continues while walking around.
"The Prince is called His Magesty Michael Bright, you would do good to remember to call him that way in public, privately we call him a snob bastard. He is a political genious, now he holds control over a great portion of the Anarchs that came from Staten Island and Clan Assemite, vampire assassins had sworn obidience to him and might get them as a Clan to become a part of the Camarilla.

He holds control since the Sabbat overthrown in NYC in 1990, almost 10 years now. In such short time he managed to get the most renown vampires of NYC back to town as Primogens and managed to protect us from the werewolf raid last month. Just using politics."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:21 am

Madison listened intently to Roger explained thing, she seemed fascinated by this information.
…Malkavian Clan Holds control of the medical system in the State of New York. pharmacology, psycology, surgery, any medical issue is our responsability. That's our Domain,
Interesting, so pardon me for saying this... but the lunatics are running the medical fields in New York?
Huh..?
You know Strangely that kind of makes sense.
I guess I chose the wrong profession heeheee..

So um.. Am I going to be expected to help out My Clan like you do?... I mean.. they are referring to me as the daughter or child of the shrink..
Why do they call you the Clan Shrink?... I have been meaning to ask you that

She said curiously

each Malkavian of certain age and status is given one under his responsability. I have one speciality under my supervision, Psycology and one aditional responsability to keep Wraiths at bay from medical institutions.
that's fascinating, no wonder you are friends with ghosts.  Im impressed, you're so important.
The ghost mentioned something about how you help them with an acropolis?...or.. Um. Necropolis?.. Or something like that. What is all that about?

Clan Toreador in control of social media and other kinds of communications

oh god.. Really?.. Bet my show must have impressed them when it was on the air. Just another lunatic speaking her mind right ha ha ha..
Awe..I'm going to truly miss that....

You know Rodger I've been meaning to ask you about that. I know you said that we have to leave our old life behind and I don't fault you for the things that you have done. You've given me a new existence. One where I can be with you eternally and that means the world to me, ... more than my fame, my career, more than anything I had in life.
Yeah I'll miss it.... I might even desire it again... the career I made for myself what's my passion.
But I think I need to find a new purpose... Maybe one in my Clan or the Camarilla. I don't honestly know.
I don't even know if I be good at anything..

But I'm sure I've got lots of time to figure it out. I'm not in any Rush. But what I am concerned with is what if somebody sees me? I was pretty famous.
Well at least in some circles. Others people just thought of me as a nutcase. Which I guess they would be right Hee-Hee...
but honestly what am I supposed to do? I'm supposed to blend it right? How can I do that if somebody recognizes me?.... I guess I could cut and dye my hair?.... Though I kinda like my looks.
I don't know maybe I can tell people that I was abducted by aliens... considering the work I used to do I'm sure that will be believable.

Crap.. what am I going to do for money? Do I still have a bank account?  

The Prince is called His Magesty Michael Bright, you would do good to remember to call him that way in public, privately we call him a snob bastard.
Madison couldn't help but laugh at that last part
Snob Bastard?... well that's a little disrespectful don't you think? I mean if the guy is as great as you're saying.. I'm done these wonderful things for the camarilla and such a short time..
Is he really that much of a bastard?

You know you're not the first person I have heard talk about this Prince guy in less than favorable light. Vincent called him something along the lines of a prick too.
Please don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's not or anything like I said I've never met the guy
Oh and please if there is a God let ME be the one to meet him ...not any of my other selves... I just see that being disastrous to be honest.

Any who
I also get the feeling that there is some animosity between our clan and the Venture. Perhaps a little more than just them talking smack.
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:12 am

Roger was truly focus at this point. He wanted Madison to absorb every piece of information possible.

Am I going to be expected to help out My Clan like you do?
"In time my Dear you will help. Now you need to learn how you could."

Why do they call you the Clan Shrink?
"I have learned a particular ability, I call it Emotion surgery. Helps alot"

Necropolis?.. Or something like that. What is all that about?
"That's the kind of knowledge you need to experience to learn. I can describe it as a Wraith City for now"

I need to find a new purpose... // ...I don't even know if I be good at anything..
"The whole clan sees your potential, even the Primogen consider you into one of his schemes. Its just a matter of time until you realize it. That's what you're training for."

Roger listened Madison to give Prince Bright the benefit of the doubt and smiled celebrating the most reasonable approach with a warm smiled.
"Ventrue and Malkavian have a hundred thousand years of history together my Dear. A history of betrayal and mutual destruction. Among the Thirteen Clans we're the most loving brothers of all. You should see the 'animositiy' as you call it between Brujah and Ventrue, that's something to be seen at far. Prince Bright won't change history, he is part of it and has to deal with it as well.

Clan Malkavian supports him because he is doing well. So is in his convinience to keep doing what we need from him if he wants to keep our support."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Madison was very attentive, she hung on Rogers every word , absorbing as much information as he was going to give her.
In time my Dear you will help. Now you need to learn how you could
Well.. that's something to work towards isn't it. This is my life now, I might as well figure out how I can help this large family I'm part of...
Hee-Hee I don't want to become like that one uncle that nobody wants to talk to you during Christmas because he's an embarrassment to the family Hee-Hee

And she said giving a light-hearted laugh. This side of mad wolf personality was always one eager to do what was expected of her and take on responsibility.

"I have learned a particular ability, I call it Emotion surgery. Helps alot"
emotional surgery? Sounds a bit traumatic... He-he. Kind of like a lobotomy..
You don't do that to you? I mean that's kind of  barbaric? I mean sticking an ice pick in behind someone's eye and then string and mixing their brain around... that's some serious permanent damage. Just saying.

Ooc (^O^)/:

That's the kind of knowledge you need to experience to learn. I can describe it as a Wraith City for now
a Wraith City?... Ghost have their own city?? .... I ...um... Why the hell not.... I honestly don't know what to say to that. Part of me shouldn't be surprised.... yet I am.
Humm....... yeah....... well.....um... learn something new each day I guess.

She said with a bit of dry deadpan humor,

The whole clan sees your potential, even the Primogen consider you into one of his schemes. Its just a matter of time until you realize it. That's what you're training for.
Madison nodded.
yeah... I wanted to ask you about that? The Primagen Bard.. He is like our Clan's Leader? I mean I'm not even going to go into trying to question the man's behavior during that Gathering Or anyone elses... I'm simply going to leave it as that's a "thing" that happens. though honesty Roger you could have given me a little warning. Slightly..

Any who Jhon Bard... he's the man in charge of our Family... should I be worried about him? You said he tried to use me and one of his schemes? Does that mean that every member of the Malkavian Clan is at his disposal for him to use however he wishes?
What do you think his end goal was?
I'm honestly curious.... he wanted to use me to inspire Vincent so he can get some sort of premonition or something through that Network thing that you described.

She said with concern in her voice and some skepticism

Ventrue and Malkavian have a hundred thousand years of history // of betrayal and mutual destruction. Among the Thirteen Clans we're the most loving brothers of all. You should see the 'animositiy' //between Brujah and Ventrue.
that and something I'll keep in mind, now I think I understand why you say that Malkavans are the only ones to be trusted .. At least if they are in the Camarilla.

Prince Bright won't change history, he is part of it and has to deal with it as well.
Clan Malkavian supports him because he is doing well. So is in his convinience to keep doing what we need from him if he wants to keep our support.
My love, we are all apart of history and standing together we leave our mark for the generations to come...that's how we survive. Maybe not on an individual level, but on a grander scale of our entire species. Everyday we're making history with each action we take and each decision we make. We just have to decide what side of History we want to be on... Heehee

Well... If this Prince Bright has the support of our clan, then for what it's worth he has my support to.
Not like I'm anybody of great importance... at least not yet. .. Unlike You my Love, which I am very surprised about. You seem to be someone of great importance  to our Clan,  even to the point where you stood up to Primogen Bard and won.  I'm proud of you and eternally grateful… I only hope that one day I can return the sentiment make you very proud of me.

She said warmly
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Roger listened Madison and concluded saying
"I prefer to hold my ideas about Bard until I'm sure about it. That's usually the best approach. We rely on our clan, we trust it with our lives even but beware of individual plays. Sometimes we are align with our clan best interest and sometimes we play like it. Learn to know the difference."

He moved around and said.
"The same applies to Prince Bright as well. When you're ready you'll meet him."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down