World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Mamba's nest (Leila)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Into the Mamba's nest (Leila) - Page 2 Empty Re: Into the Mamba's nest (Leila)

Post  Malakiel Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Elie kept silence as he considered all the possibilities. Then he said.
"Pillar is the one you should care about Childe, Tantra is expecting your return. Nevertheless I'll give you an advice.

Pillar is aware that we're having this conversation, therefore, he'll understimate your maturity. Coming to this conclusion on your own would have had much greater value in his eyes but of course fixing it would have needed that you'd be able to access his domain, otherwise how could you prove your mending.

I think he'll try to test you in his own way, trying to be sure that you've learned your lesson my Childe's Childe. You must take care of Lair, even better that he would, against all odds. If your heart or your will betray you in this task you shall fail to regain your position in the Lair."

After a short pause he adds.
"If you have any questions you must hurry Childe, Pillar is on his way now."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:49 pm

"Thank you grande sire. I only have two more brief questions, if I may ask, who were the men you were meeting with and why did they call you Maese?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Elie smiled, changing his attitude to a more lecturing one, like a teacher of some sort explaining an important lesson to his pupil. He said.
"As you already know Leila, there are many other Clans in this City, some are loyal to the Camarilla Sect. These two gentlemen claimed to be members of the Toreador Clan, one of the most powerful and wealthy among the Kindred of New York. They needed a favor from us, a very unusual one.

They explained that The Toreador is celebrating a meeting in two days, a party if you prefer. In this reunion they planned to receive a bunch of our kind of course that means Blood. What was surprisingly ackward is the amount of Thy that they required. At least fifteen humans they said."
The expression in Elie's voice and body language made clear that this amount was outrageous and inconcivable for a simple party.

"They kept the secret about the purpose of this meeting and about the amount of Kindred that will be gathering or where, but this much vitae would be alot even for fifty of us, and I know for a fact that Toreadors in this city aren't that many. In other words this whole reunion is a facade for something else."

Elie made a paused, letting Leila to think and feedback about his words.

Last edited by Malakiel on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Leila's brow raised understanding instantly what the implications of this gathering could mean. A party of more than fifty kindred outnumbering even the amount of Toreador typical in the city, this definitely wasn't just a party perhaps a political gathering. The knowledge her clan would gain by being in attendance would be astronomical.

"Quite interesting, it does seem it isn't just a party after all. Surely there would be Toreador from other cities or countries perhaps... I applaud you for issuing our brothers and sisters an invitation. That puts us at quite an advantage and an easy way in. Have you thought on who you would send?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Elie smiled again to Leila, his expression revealed and implicit acusation against her in complicity. Then he said.
"I will consider it Leila."

The conversation was interrupted when Pillar entered in the room, he reached a dimer by the door, turning the lights out and leaving the group in complete darkness. A second later two couples of orbs appeared in front of her, two bright blue ones and two yellow like orbs.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Her eyes thinned at his mention of considering something. What was he considering? She hadn't volunteered herself or anything she hardly thought she'd be any good for it at all actually. But alas she had no time to retort this as the darkness hit and swallowed them up. With the darkness came the earlier dread she had been fearing although slightly quelled with her grand sire's instructions. No doubt Pillar was there and it was especially evident when two sets of glistening eyes appeared before her. She allowed her own to absorb the light and beckon the darkness into her vision, her own eyes now shined with her own brilliant blue. She smiled and then tilted her head towards Pillar, a gesture of apology.

"Evening Pillar I owe you my sincerest apologies and I hope that with time I can mend the damage that I have done. I also want to thank you both for taking audience with me."

It was clear she wanted to say more but she found herself at a stalemate.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Elie was the first to answer Leila. Pillar's attitud resembled that of a predator, just staring and waiting for his moment. Leila's vision of a snake allowed her to see her two clan mates. Pillar standing tall in his usual elegant posture and Elie right next to her, still smiling.
"Very well. I see you two have a lot to talk about and I can really use some rest now. It's been a tough night. We will discuss later the details of the agreement Pillar, for now I'll leave you alone."

Pillar bowed to Elie as he retreated from the room. "Yes, my Lord"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Leila bowed to Elie as well.

"Pillar..."

Leila said his name softly in almost a whisper hoping not to aggravate his seemingly ferocious demeanor anymore.

"Will you allow me to make amends with you?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Pillar nods and says.
Into the Mamba's nest (Leila) - Page 2 Samuel-l-jackson
"I will Leila. Elie has persuaded me to have some flexibility with you, since you've been recently embraced as part of the Clan. Not because this is an excuse for attempting against our assets and expect other to fix it for you, alleging frenzy, but because you're too uprooted in this city to make amends without access to our Domains.

Therefore I'll allow you to enter in the Serpent's Lair with one condition. I want you to kill someone for me. Do you agree?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:08 pm

Leila wanted to crawl into her skin and hide. Her supple lips almost turned into a pout she would have preferred to hear anything but that. The deaths she'd caused in the last few days began to surface again in her mind. The brainless man and the girl she'd torn apart both were senselessly killed, both unintentionally killed and yet she was faced with the possibility of killing yet again, faced with the reality of her condition.

Her nails dug into the skin in her palm bracing herself for her reply. She stared into his brilliant blue eyes in an effort to look stoic.

"What is this someone you are talking about a human? Another vampire or... something else?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Pillar looked into Leila's eyes with unbearable intensity, she felt naked in front of him, devoided from her humanity. He said a human name in such way that showed hatred beyond human reach and despicable disgust for the human condition that was terrying. Pillar wasn't human and perhaps he never had been.
"Kill Sorayya Al Fadur. Banish her soul from existance."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Leila chills over her cold dead skin it was as undeniable as it was impossible. He said her name. The very fact that she still identified with it made his request that much more terrifying. Her entire form trembled when he spoke and while she tried not to be nervous in his presence she'd failed immensely.

Her voice came out shriveled and cracked, her eyes widened in terror.

"H-h-h-how?"

Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Pillar said still looking into Leila's eyes with his mezmerizing gaze.
"That's something you need to find out. Hear this, and hear me well, if I ever see that brat walking down the Serpent's Lair I'll do it myself.

Are we clear?"

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Leila nodded instantly primarily out of the fear of what would happen to her if she didn't figure it out. She would die again, and not the mortal death she'd already experienced the final death that would leave her non-existent.

"Yes, y-yes we are clear."

Her voice was still meek, her skin crawling and bared.

"Yes Pillar, I will kill her."

She very seriously regretted acting that way, she doubted now that she would ever have any sort of congenial relationship with Pillar. She stood before him staring into his unforgiving, mesmerizing eyes, she was frozen in place, practically glued to the floor and the darkness surrounding her.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Turning his back on Leila the two bright orbs dissapair in front of her. Pillar walked down to the door and turned the lights up very slowly, and said.
"Then you're welcome to come back to the Serpent's Lair."

Then he moved towards Elie's Chamber and said.
"Now I have things to talk with Master Elie, you may wait for me here and wait for my return. I can take you to the Lair, I'll be going there as soon as I'm finished here."

And left the room.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:40 pm

"Ok great."

Leila mused as he turned on the lights and took his leave. Once he was gone she found her muscles and remembered how to walk. She took a few steps back and forth pacing the room. Thinking a bit about what it would take to rid herself of her former self. She found herself distracted by the new articles in the room. Roaming through it and studying the ancient pieces that lined the hall. Occasionally she found her thoughts wavering again on how to do what Pillar asked of her. This was going to be an incredibly trying existence if she didn't get her act together.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2