World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Mamba's nest (Leila)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Into the Mamba's nest (Leila) Empty Into the Mamba's nest (Leila)

Post  Malakiel Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 am

The travel throught the subway was nothing but light and selfassuring, still for an experienced vampire as Leila all the night's perils were easy to avoid. From drunk to jonkies, including bugglers and molesters, doing their own against the naive lambs that were too shy or too weak per haps to step out against them. Fortunally, nothing really came out of hands, just minor struggles between the predators and their victims.

Finally Leila got to Manhattan Island, arriving to the northest shore where Elie's complex was, right to Harlem ST subway station. Looking around there were several residential buildings, comercial stores and others that seemed more like the industrial type. She was aware that Elie's buildings were a few blocks away, may be a 15min walk. As usual Manhattan had movement: party enthusiast going to or from one to another, at least one NYC patrol going around and some other vehicules in the street. As well there were some people walking, standing and doing their own shows in the streets making this side of the city more active that Brooklyn or The Bronx.

Into the Mamba's nest (Leila) Night_Manhattan
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Into the Mamba's nest (Leila) Empty Re: Into the Mamba's nest (Leila)

Post  Leila Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Leila took to walking Elie's haven with a swift and sure stride. She tried to keep her gaze to herself through the mass of human ailments littering NYC's streets. As she walked closer to his area she contemplated entering his complex on foot. She'd only ever entered and exited by car so she tried to recall the layout of the area as she sauntered towards it.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Intelligence + Streetwise: Malakiel carried out 4 launched of one Into the Mamba's nest (Leila) 10.1 (Roll.) :
4 , 7 , 10 , 1
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Leila wandered for a few minutes around locating the complex, it was big and easy to locate by the signs. Eventually she managed to get to the security cabin guarding the main entrance, there, as she recalled, there was two guards uniformed and alert. One of them approached to Leila with a look of cautioness in his visage but when he got closer seemed to recognize Leila, rapidly looking back to the TV screen to double check her identity, for someone else that would be a surprise still this guard seem to know about Obfuscate enough to be aware of its decive.
"Good evening Ms Sorayya, are you alright?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Leila nodded. Her eyes were taking in his alarm and she seemed to try and calm the mood around them by a gentle smile.

"Yes, I think I am ok, just a bit put off. Is Elia available this evening?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:39 pm

The guard nodded and replied.
"I wouldn't know miss, you should ask the Keeper about the Master's agenda. Please come inside, I'll notify him and he shall meet you in the Main Hall." the guard made a sign to his mate who did something inside making the steel gate to open.

"Welcome Ms Sorayya"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Leila nodded,

"Of course, I will ask, thank you. I hope the rest of your evening is uneventful."

This was of course a musing for her own evening but there hasn't been such a thing since she'd arrived in New York City. She waved and made her way for the gate, walking through it when it opened. Leila made her way to the building that her welcoming party was in. She looked for any signs of motion or activity throughout the compound.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Last time Leila came to this place Pillar received her as the Keeper, the same Follower of Seth with who she was in a dispute right now. Pillar was a powerful and very influential vampire, powerful enough to banish Leila from the Serpent's Nest.

The exile was from the Nest alone, still going to meet Pillar was unsettling, as she walk in, Leila felt her emotions go untamed, she felt nervous, almost scared.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Leila walked hesitantly toward the grand entry. She was formulating her thoughts and thinking about a way to repair the relationship she'd severely damaged. After all, she was coming to see Elie to help her mend her relationship with Tantra. She hadn't been prepared to talk to Pillar yet. But it seems as though shes put herself in a predicament having to confront him sooner than she had anticipated and without preparation. Whether or not she'd prepared anything it wouldn't take away from the nervous anxiety she now felt.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 pm

After walking to the first of the outter buildings Leila found herself in the usual alley, the one conecting the external compound with the central building. The main lobby there was, as usual, very luxurious.

Once again a probably insignificant detail bothered Leila in her way in, the absence of security cameras and personel, except for the two guards in the front gate and the one at the basefloor of each building. Very strange. Nevertheless she arrived to the main lobby of the central building, everything was paceful and silent except for the static noise from the guard's radio everytime in while.

The guard was a few yards away from Leila, as she approached he said to her.
"Good evening Ms Sorayya."

After a short pause he continued.
"I've notified your arrival to The Keeper, he's at the Master's Chambers awaiting for you."

Another short pause and then the tone in the guard's voice changed to a more solemn one.
"They sent a message for you:
...We are in a meeting with foreing guests. You're welcome to join us in stealth and secrecy..."
he concluded.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 pm

"Oh, thank you sir."

She remarked as moved on past him making her way to the Master's Chambers. The unnerve in the building was very unsettling. There had to be some other method for securing the giant expanse of land and buildings. As she walked she recalled how dark it was in the chamber. She could easily be unseen but steath? That was something she had to work on. She paused at the entry way gathering the power granted to her by Father Seth.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Throught elevator, Leila finally made it up to the sixth floor of the building. The mirror doors opened to a smaller lobby. The room was lighted with dimmed pale light, some changes had been made since Leila's last visit for one all the art pieces of the decoration where swapped, some to a different places and other replaced by new ones, still there was some painting and sculptures just like before. The floor was made in wood, covered with a new carpet, it was very furry and brown, black colored with some unsettling images of beastiality between mythological creatures and humans, mostly.

Beyond the first chamber the door was wide open, from there an even less illuminated room showed before Leila, mostly in darkness except for two spotlights located near the center of that room. Inside the spotlight were two men sitting, one caucasian, other african in race, somehow the black man visage seemed familiar to Leila, at least for his color. Leila knew none of these two strangers but something in them made obvious that both were vampires.

Aside from these two guys Leila could hear Elie's voices talking to this men in a cordial tone.

Picture of both vampires:
Spoiler:
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Leila slipped silently into the chambers, inching her way in making sure to walk on the carpet to muffle her steps and then halting by a corner or edge of the wall out of direct sight. She stilled a few feet from the gathered, she noticed the changes in the room and made a point to inquire about them later. She let herself be cloaked by the darkness as she listened in on the conversation between the other vampires. No way she knew how they were vampires for sure but she could just tell, their vibes possibly? Her eyes drifted between them resting longer of the darker skinned man wondering if she's seen him before perhaps.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Spoiler:

Once inside Leila was able to see Pillar and Elie sitting in a couch in front of the two vampires, the scene before her was very similar to a theater play, or most likely similar to an interrogation room. The two followers were in the darkness womb, while the two foreings one were in a light oasis, surrounded by shadows.

Although blinded by this strong lights, the dark vampire's eyes moved following Leila's whereabouts, uncertain of her exact location but regardless of his hesitation, he seemed to have very sharp senses. In the mean while the other pale vampire started talking to confident with his hosts.
"This party is very important to us Maese Elie, I hope you understand the meanining of social relationships among of kindred. The whole family has sent their dearest kin to represent each Clan in that special night."

Elie seemed upset, unconfortable and challenged by these words. He wasn't behaving as usual, showing emotions that were obvious, even to Leila who was a not so experienced vampire. With certain insecurity in the tone of his voice, he said:
"My understanding is secondary in this, Monsieur Pieterzoon. Your vitae requirements have been increasing since a few years ago, you should have warned us about this, special requirement, long time ago. With only two days ahead of us there's nothing we can do to supply that amount of Thy."

Pillar on the other hand seemed calmed and in control.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Leila noticed her attempt at being silent was ill executed. Regardless the conversation continued and she listened attentitively. Elie's distress seemed curious to her. She surmised that the Followers were supplying some vitae, likely from slaves for a party of some sort. But what exactly? She stayed still and listened.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:35 pm

The black vampire was nervous, he seemed unsettled because of the circumstances, he listened to his partner trying to convince Elie about the possibility of gathering the blood for them, when he interrupted the conversation saying.
"Maese Elie, if I may ask, why you have brought us here? if you are so decided to deny our petition, why bother to receive us in your Haven?"

His voice was deep, similar to Stein's tone. Unlike his shallow seeming his voice revealed no stress at all. Pretending surprise Elie kept silence and Pillar answered.
"Both things, you being here and our response make sense. Master Elie is showing you his great appreciation for Michael and his respect to the Camarilla. You're naiv to come here with bare hand and expect to get the world from us." as well Pillar's voice was calmed but Leila knew better it was the same tone he used with her when he banished from the Lair, he was determined even to violence if any further insulting happend.

Both foreing vampires became aware of the danger in one second.

Last edited by Malakiel on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Leila's mouth purses at the threat from Pillar. She could feel anxiety begin to rise, if she were human her blood would be boiling. She calmed herself by closing her eyes a moment thinking that she had to focus on the here and now. Eventually she looked at the men more carefully now having realized they are part of the Camarilla. What will they offer Elie?
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:25 am

There was a tense silence, then the young seeming white vampire said, replying to Pillar.
"My Lord Pillar, we don't come before you bare handed... we're simply not aware or what you'd require for this special service, I ho-" interrupted by Pillar.

"It's not a service." Pillar sentenced, yelling over the guest to shut him out. The tension grew, the two foreing vampires curled in defensively for an instant.

Elie said then.
"Please gentlemen, this tension is bothering me. I'll not enter in a dispute with the Camarilla for such a little thing. You may try to dialog as civilized monsters are we are, or I'll ask my assistant to show you the way out. It's your call."

The two foreing vampires seemed very confused for a second. Then the white one said.
"We're ready to negotiate. Please forgive our manners Maese Elie... what can we do to make it up for your Clan in return for this Favor you're doing for us" is he were human, he would be sweating.

Silence.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:01 am

The silence was palpable, so quiet it's presence was deafeningly loud. The nerves of the illuminated men were obviously shattered, pins and needles would have licked her skin waiting for someone to speak. Surely the camarilla was equipped with things they could offer. Where are the diplomats of that sect? Why didn't they send more competent vampires to make this deal? Leila couldn't help but wonder what the special request was now, her opinions of their power in this city was rapidly deteriorating.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:09 am

Elie said.
"We will provide Thy Blood but I want you to understand this." dramatic pause.

"It's another demonstration of my respect and appreciation for your Prince, my friend Michael. Of how we Followers are always reliable providers even in these circumstances.

I'll require a payment for the logistic expenses of course but that doesn't cover the personal appreciation I'm expecting in return for our generosity. I want our friendship to grow and prosper."

Pieterzoon face lighted up with a smile and said.
"Only a good friend would help us in a time like this Maese Elie. Thank you."

"Don't mention it" Elie said. "At least not until you hear what I expect from this new friendship." another pause.

"I'd appreciate if you invite a couple of my Clan to your party. It's a good opportunity for bussiness and pleasure alike. There's no need for anyone to know we're not Toreador, of course. We can appreciate discretion very well. Other than that I'm going to need Ten millons american dollars for the inconvenience before the Party, in return I'll offer a portion of my personal reserve."

The two foreing vampires looked at each other and then the black one said.
"We can agree to that Maese Elie, we just would require to meet these two Clan mates you mention, at least a day before the party. In a dinner per haps, to get to know eachother and set a base of understanding about our customs. Does it sound O.k. to you?"

"Sound just perfect." Elie said "It's all settled then, we have come to an agreement"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Leila kept her silence and listened on as the deal was struck. It was obvious that her clan had the upper hand here. She kept still cloaked in the darkness though. It would be unwise for her to try and move or leave before these men departed. She briefly wondered who of her clan would be attending this party. But the knowledge that the meeting was now over and she'd need to confront Pillar at any moment was starting to creep into her mind.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:11 pm

After a short small chat Pillar stood up and asked the two foreing vampires to walk with him outside. The agreement was settled in almost friendly terms and shortly after Leila was alone with Elie. He said.
"Good evening Leila. How have you been?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Leila took an unnecessary breath and stepped out of the darkness. His question stirred several different emotions in her. She's been through hell and back quite literally and could not find a word to describe that if she wanted to.

She moved forward and settled on her knees in front of Elie where the men sat previously.

"I have been well enough, still amongst the undead." She smiled slightly, looking into his beautiful. Then bowed her head before him.

"It has been difficult to find my footing in this city. I seem to continue to slip however great Father. That is why I have come, to seek council and guidance."
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Elie made a hand sign allowing Leila to stand up, when she stood up, saw a shy smile in his lips, trying to comfort her, like the loving father Leila never had. He said.
"I've heard about your behavior. I must say I'm disappointed Childe in the same measure that I'm confident about your talent and will to mend things right."

A short pause and after he said.
"Fortunately, Pillar doesn't seek your destruction or exile, you're still safe among us Leila but you must redeem yourself at all costs, he's famous for his treacherous ways when it comes to teaching a lesson. You can expect more suffering and humilliation as long as you are still fallen from his 'grace'."

The tone in his voice was harsh and intimidating. Making Leila realized the severity of her transgression. Then he added.
"I've been advicing Pillar as well, Leila, now he has more perspective on the situation. He will allow you to return into the Lair, if you accept your mistake and show him how much you care about our Clan's assets."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:48 pm

She stood and caught his eye and smile, the reprimand left her feeling like a child indeed though it was far gentler than any she'd ever had from her own father. Her head lilted for a second then rose again taking on the responsibility of her actions. She nods as she speaks.

"Yes grand-sire, I will do whatever is needed to show how much I appreciate and value our clan and its assets. I realize that my words and actions were premature and inconsiderate. I do not wish that to be how I am perceived."

She paused briefly.

"Do you have any advice on proceeding to do the same for my sire?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next