World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting)

2 posters

Go down

[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Empty [Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting)

Post  Star Wed May 06, 2020 9:44 pm

Star arrived at David's private office early. Actually she had been pacing around the tower since she woke up..
Logic dictated Astor was wrong, and there would be no way the Black Spiral could hunt her down in the heart of the Camarilla's base of operation . but Star was not so foolish to think she was safe, as having a criminal mind she had already piloted at least 10 ways to destroy her in the tower's grounds.
But she was not one to live in fear.
She refused to be cowardly.

And to be honest she was actually more scared of this meeting with David rather than meeting that werewolf again. At least netting the werewolf she had already played out a few scenarios in her mind that would all lead to her demise.
Talking with David and putting more unneeded anxiety on his nightly plate, especially with the investigation he was facing caused Star real fear. Though if she said nothing and got abducted, tortured and destroyed leaving David to question what happened to his child would be far worse.

Star took a breath, having the blush already active due to wandering around the tower in public. Star sat outside in the lobby, waiting for David's secretary to grant her permission to enter his office.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Left_bar_bleue8/20[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Left_bar_bleue3/4[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Left_bar_bleue7/7[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Empty Re: [Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting)

Post  Malakiel Sat May 09, 2020 2:01 pm

David was waiting for Rebecca in his office.

Starr found her Sire sitting behind his desk looking at the windows wondering about the many things that kept his mind busy these days. At first she was worried of the burden he was carrying until she got close enough to catch a glimpse of the smirk on his face, it shocked Rebecca, since his face showed more satisfaction than any trouble at all.

David said.
"Good evening Childe, what is so urgent?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Empty Re: [Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting)

Post  Star Sat May 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Star was hesitant, she looked at her sire and saw his expression. She was wondering if thing were indeed OK. Why the look of  satisfaction? She thought.
Star  wondered if anything had happened with the investigation.

Good evening Childe, what is so urgent?
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ...."Thank you Sire for making time to meet with me tonight, I'm sure you are very busy.. and have a lot going on.... It.. Just... I
Star was clearly nervous, she didn't seem to have that relaxed comical air about her as she mulled over just the right words to say.

Star cleared her throat before she spoke, gaining  confidence.
" ....well I'm not sure where to start. I'm kinda fucked at the moment... Though for the first time I don't think it's because of my actions. I think...
Humm.. Maybe..
No... I take that back... Its  probably my fault...if I could go back and change shit, I think i would do it all the same way. I think the  universe is just fucking with me.

Star said  nervously rambling abit.

"I mean I tried selling my soul to the devil, but i didn't even get a bite. But I'm getting ahead of myself...
She said adding humor in hopes of covering any anxiety she had about unloading her problem on to her Sire.

"Sorry, I'll get to the point...
Remember back at the Chess Club fight...
Well... we kinda all split up and I ended up facing off against the werewolf.
Good times Hee-Hee Wouldn't change it"

Well... I always  wondered why the monster didn't end me that night. It would have been so easy... I mean I staired that fucker down, ready to face death... My head was in his fucking claws! But he didn't destroy me... He only fucked me up real good. Left me with a neat little battle scar to remember him by.... So I was like OK cool, I like scars, scars are sexy. And I got my 1st real battle scar. Only as a vampire, our body isn't supposed to keep scars.  So it ain't a scar...

It kinda turns out its a branding, like he branded me his property.
Like seriously, what the fuck? WHY? What does a werewolf want with me? Does he want me as his plaything? His chew toy, his fucking mate? I dont fucking you, any guess is as good as the other.

I know this sounds ridiculous...
But there is more. And it gets worse.

He didn't just brand me, he gave me something. He attached a spirit...or.. Wait What's the word?...

Star paused to think
"a Bane, i think its called. Its a pain spirit or someshit that is also basically a nasty little beackon to the werewolf. Like a GPS.

But ohhhh wait.... It gets worse.. Sooo much worse. Hee-hee.

Star said waving her hand around in a exaggerated gesture, almost laughing.

So I know WHY the werewolf didn't end me. He recognized I'm a monster like him.
What am I saying?... Its crazy. ... But

Sire... I dont think I was ever human.
I think I was always a monster or ment to be one.

Star paused taking a deep breath as she tried to read David's reaction to this "crazy talk" she was dead serious about.

The other night I sought Council with Lord primagen Astor about the meaning of this branding. That's how I found all this out.
Part of me would love to believe that this is all just some elaborate bullshit...
But... things have really been going on lately that I think that this might be true.

Lord Astor , He did something to me to I guess  reveal hidden truths. He told me I'm something called a Black Spiral Dancer.. To which I still dont have too much of a clue as to what that is. But from all I can deduce its some kind of werewolf clan Or even breed.
I'm not really sure.

But I dont think werewolves are all the same. I used to think they were just powerful rage filled mindless animals. that had a hate boner for vampires...

But thay are not! They are intelligen warriors. They are tactical. And I think they have their own hidden society. Much like us. Stranger in fact that it seems some of these types of werewolves.. .. I guess these Black Spirals even work along side vampires. This was proven to me at the Chess Club fight.

Star looked at David, giving him a moment to take in everything that she was saying. Hoping he didn't think she was crazy.

"I know it all  seems a bit ridiculous. .. But... Sire.. If even a once of all this is true... I'm a little lost as what to do if they come for me.

I'm not scared to face them... I'm a warrior and a surviver. im not about to hide and live as a coward .

Still ... Primogen Astor believes there is absolutely nothing I can do, that there is no hope , they will come and theywill find me ... so Astor...he washed his hands of me.

There was a bit of anger in Star's voice, she felt very used and angry he simply tossed her aside when no longer useful.
She prayed that David would not just toss her aside as well. Though if he did, she really couldn't blame him.
" Though i will NOT lay down and meet my end. Astor told me to get my Affairs in order. So If I happened to vanish from the face of the Earth I wanted you to know what's going on....

Star's words were somber at the end, waiting for David to say anything.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Left_bar_bleue8/20[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Left_bar_bleue3/4[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Left_bar_bleue7/7[Flashback-STAR] David and the Wolves (meeting) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat May 09, 2020 6:50 pm

David listened patiently as Rebecca digressed back and forth trying to explain herself while showing her inner conflict.

So I know WHY the werewolf didn't end me. He recognized I'm a monster like him... What am I saying?... Its crazy. ... I think I was always a monster or ment to be one.

Hayworth replied.
"You mean you at least were a werewolf?"

Lord Astor , He did something to me to I guess reveal hidden truths. He told me I'm something called a Black Spiral Dancer.

David nod understanding where the information was coming from and hence its importance.
"I have heard that name before, the Sabbat does have a relationship with them but I didn't know they were shapeshifters. Although, it does make sense to me now."

But thay are not! They are intelligen warriors. They are tactical. And I think they have their own hidden society. Much like us. Stranger in fact that it seems some of these types of werewolves.. .. I guess these Black Spirals even work along side vampires. This was proven to me at the Chess Club fight.

The Count meditates on the seriousness this information implied to the security of the Princedom, having a werewolf threat knocking on their doors had been a heinous surprise especially since they did not seemed interested to expand their territory or involve in the vampires affairs on mainland. All that could mean a very well thought strategy.
"Much interesting." he says.

Still ... Primogen Astor believes there is absolutely nothing I can do, that there is no hope , they will come and theywill find me ... so Astor...he washed his hands of me.
He nods and quickly replied
"This has little to do with you Childe, Lord Astor has been warning the Princedom about the werewolves since their arrival to Staten Island but we have limited to keep watch and observe and aside from a few isolated incidents their presence is been mostly untranscendental for us.

However, if I am going to amuse the idea of believing Astor's words in the occurrence of this mysterious branding the werewolf bestowed upon you, along with the ghost story of a pain spirit that now is hunting you... if there's any truth in that, it means that any werewolf could do that, tag any of us to know our location.

All this would be a serious threat to the Princedom security... not just to you Rebecca but to us all."

He then stands up and move around the desk reaching Star's chair before saying while looking deep into her eyes with his ice cold blue gaze.
"Do you have any hint... any experience... anything at all that seems to corroborate Astor's tale? Regarding this Pain Bane."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat May 09, 2020 7:33 pm

Star started to realize just how correct David was. This was truly a threat to the Princedom, and Star knew it was her duty to try to do all she could to protect it. Even at the cost of her unlife.

Do you have any hint... any experience... anything at all that seems to corroborate Astor's tale? Regarding this Pain Bane."
Star was quiet and gazed up into her Sire's icy blue eyes as she thought about this.
Being so close to David in this moment made her feel the closeness of  the blood bond, it made her feel a bit safe.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ..... I'm.. I'm.. Not 100% sure. Lord Astor has no reason to lie to me about this... Though he was acting rather strangely. I was hoping to maybe contact someone else to get a 2ed opinion.
Perhaps a Tremere who knows more about Spirits then Astor does. I want to know if Astor was correct and there is a Bane attached to my soul.

I have also strange urges and dreams since that night at the ChessClub.. But I might be able to chalk that up to drinking werewolf blood... Though I can't recall in that fight  whether I did or not. And what ever this brand ... Just touching it seems to calm my beast.. I have tried to heal it, but it won't heal. "

Star paused
"I know Astor is hiding something about all this... Things he has said and his behavior and actions dont match up. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Maybe this is all bullshit and just a part in some  elaborate game of 4D Chess he is playing.

Its been months right?, and this Werewolf hasn't shown back up. But... If its true...
I dont know... I dont want to  just dismiss this as just Bullshit. Especially if it could be a real threat to the Princedom. Its my duty to do all I can to try to protect Prince Bright's domain."
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat May 09, 2020 10:16 pm

David listened to Rebecca very attentive, reading her expression closely, noticing not only that she was sincere but the emotions reflected as she remembered the effects of the brand and her conversation with Astor.

It was to be worried, this revelation could actually mean the werewolf threat was even greater than he could have imagine.
"Childe, you should wear and carry with you silver weapons at all times.

While not an infallible defense it is certainly your best chance against a werewolf and a disuasive that could keep them at bay on most situations. Silver is deadly to werewolves, you should carry blades and bullets with you at all times.

Also, I'd recommend to avoid the wilderness and lonely places in case the lupines are already stalking you, waiting for an opportunity to attack you."

On a more practical sense he changed his posture and continued.
"I will seek advice about your intention to ask the Tremere about this. If you're going to do so, let it not to be about you, instead look for a generic answer, a curiosity without revealing your true motives."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat May 09, 2020 11:14 pm

Childe, you should wear and carry with you silver weapons at all times.
Star gave a nod to this
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ....consider it done"
While not an infallible defense it is certainly your best chance against a werewolf and a disuasive that could keep them at bay on most situations. Silver is deadly to werewolves, you should carry blades and bullets with you at all times.
Star's head tilted to the side in question.
" ....so that part of the  legends about them are true?... Humm.  Funny Astor "neglected" to mention that when I asked him about how to fight them..  
There was a spike of utter contempt in her voice for the Primogen. Perhaps this even cemented that Astor really wanted to see if she would meet her demise at the werewolves claws.  But Star was not so quick to let her emotions and Prejudice rule her. David had taught her that much.
" ... consider it done Father... I will even have my L.J. fitted with a silver overlay. I will not be I'll prepared. Astor thinks I'm am a weak scared rabbit. Nothing could be further from the truth. "
It was clear Star really had a lot of conflict inside her about the primagen. A mixture of hate & respect.

" ....Sire,  there is another matter you should be aware of if Astor is telling the truth about me and I really am breed from one of these Black Spiral Werewolves.... There is a good chance Brian.. Sir Hellsong... Is also. Hellsong told me his Sire was "obsessed" with our lineage .And I would imagine  its why the Primagen has him so highly coveted.  "

Also, I'd recommend to avoid the wilderness and lonely places in case the lupines are already stalking you, waiting for an opportunity to attack you."
" .... well that goes without saying, but if my assumptions about the werewolves are correct. Taking into consideration everything that the primagen has told me... That I would not even be safe in my haven or at the ivory tower... this leads me to believe the fact that they are indeed "people". And not confined to the wilderness. They walk amongst us. And we're not even aware of it! How the hell can we tell  the difference between a human and a werewolf, until its too late?
Star was dead serious.

"I will seek advice about your intention to ask the Tremere about this. If you're going to do so, let it not to be about you, instead look for a generic answer, a curiosity without revealing your true motives."
" ..of course Father.  There is no way in hell I want to give anyone ammunition to use against me. I was intending to hide under the guise of only seeking knowledge as a curiosity because I so happen to come across something of interest. I was never going to reveal the fact that I was branded. I simply want information on Bans and if there was a way to  communicate with them.

I dont trust anyone outside the Knights to try not to use me as a pawn. Luckily I'm pretty good at manipulation.

But I am worried about this....

And something is bugging me...
Its I guess the  10 million-dollar question.
Why?... Why are their werewolves working with the Sabbat and not US!  What are they trying to gain? Surely they do not believe in the holy war of the Sword of Cain. So why help them?

Surely if these creatures are willing to work with vampires they have to have something that they want. Something they want that the camarilla is not either willing to give them or cannot give them.

Personally... And you can call me crazy as a damn Malk'  but such an alliance would benefit us 100% more than it would the Sabbat.

And in my humble opinion, Sire...  we really should find out what they want.... And take it before the Sabbat do.
It might be a good  bargaining chip.
Keep your friends close but your enemies closer so to speak

Star said with a bit of a evil grin. Star's top priority was shown in her thinking. She wasn't concerned about her own safety ...but rather the benefit all of this could have on protecting the princedom in the long run.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun May 10, 2020 3:57 pm

David stands tall and says to Rebecca.
"Primogen Astor has his own agenda and despite that your interests may align to his from time to time, your position in the Princedom isn't enough to really care about your propositions.

Elders are not simple, they don't really see how manipulative they have become, it is so normal to them that is as breathing to mortals. Just because he didn't help you, doesn't mean he wishes you any ill, its simply a matter of power: a very important topic and that I have spent my immortality studying."

After listening to Rebecca's words he said with caution.
"Remember that time is on your side Childe, your unlife is long and you must look at it with strategy and tactics. Not all battles are meant to be fought: retreating and move waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike is as important as being able to fight and win a battle when you must.

Your strategy to ally with the werewolves can or not be feasible now. If not, there is no cowardice in making a tactical retreat and wait a few years to prepare an ambush for your foes. I can tell you this from experience: I have not existed this long fighting every battle, a good strategist only fights when had the upper hand."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun May 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Star though about David's words about Astor. She tried to remove her emotions for the topic, and look at the situation objectively. But even then she still was conflicted about the Gangrel Primogen.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ...I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact I'm probably going to be around for way way longer then I was before my "turning". ."
Star refrained from using the word "Embrace" when referring to herself. To Star there was nothing in her mind that classified her becoming a vampire as a Embrace. To her, the word still ment its human counter part. To hold someone closely as a sign of affection. Her Embrace was nothing but horror, cruelty and probably dumb luck. At least it was in Star's mind.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" I do think this a worthy task...  such a Aliance ... its not going to happen over night that is for sure. But in time.. I truly think I  could do this. But not as I am right now.
"

Star paused in thought.
" what I mean is that I need to learn all I can about them.
Clearly if they have their own society they must have factions... Like we do.
Only comprising of those who kill Vampire on sight and those willing to work along side them. Maybe these Black Spirals have enemies? Maybe even a common enemy that we also share? Its worth looking into.

Star looked out the window at the skyline for a moment as she thought.

"the key to having any hope of a alliance with them is going to be discovering that... And also finding out what they are getting from the Sabbat.
Like I said, I doubt these Black Spirals give a rat's fart about the Sword's Holy War.

"man.. I wish we still had some PoWs left over from the chess club attack to  interrogate about this matter"
Star said cracking her knuckles.
Though I'm sure Lady Von Baden already worked anyone we had over and destroyed them... ether  physically or mentally hee-hee

Star paused and looked at her Sire
Sire, would it be consisted out of line if I asked her ladyship about the matter? Maybe she might have found out something useful... Even if it seems trivial though I do not wish to over step myself.

I'm also not quite sure how long I really have before this Black Spiral decides to try to come for me.  Astor seems to think that he will... Im sure he is waiting for the right moment.
Ugh shit. I need to start sleeping in a fucking silver coffin.. Hee-Hee

Star said adding that last part as a joke.
and that Pain Spirit thing is also concerning... I need to learn about this Bane too. Though Im Not really looking forward to poke'n that Hornet's Nest with a stick again. It hurt like fucking HELL when Astor did it. Wasn't as Bad as the night at the Chess Club, but fuck. It felt like I experienced hundreds upon hundreds of battal injuries... All at once. But it wasn't dull.. Like how we feel pain... It felt like I was ALIVE experiencing all that shit. "

Star brought her hand to her head
Oh My GAWD this is gona suck, why couldn't I be a masochist?!
At least I could enjoy it then...

She said sarcastically
well... Whatever don't kill'ya makes ya stronger they say
She said giving a little shrug, knowing she would feel that pain again. She only hoped it wasn't going to be too soon
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon May 11, 2020 1:14 pm

David stays in silence, in his gaze he seemed worried about Rebecca, something in her words implied that she wasn't hearing but what she wanted to hear. Nonetheless, David said nothing, letting the silence speak for him.

well... Whatever don't kill'ya makes ya stronger they say

This last phrase, such a careless way to speak of final death. His Childe had so much to learn but he wandered if she had enough time. Seems that she got into a situation she wasn't able to handle, a situation that'd not wait until she was ready.
"Please Rebecca, keep me informed."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down