World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Empty Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi)

Post  Malakiel Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Brochure-5-Terminal-Outside

Lexi had just arrived from Boston, at the airport two of her Sire slaves: Oliver and Brooke, waiting for her with a sign with her first name. Now she was moving down to Albany, according to her Sire letter a very snobbish place called Hudson River Valley Country Club where he was supposed to meet with her.

It was darker than usual due to the falling rain and late hours. The wiper kept cleaning the front glass of the limousine while a soft sound of pop music played from the radio. The air was humid and her clothes felt rather uncomfortable at this point, not that she ever sweat since her embrace but still the weather tolled on her.

Inside her purse was a golden letter from Prince Quentin King the third, a very sophisticated man with the most delicious perfume she had ever smelled before. A man of delicate manners and soft talk, her mind sharped as a sword. The letter was a royal recommendation addressed to Prince Michael Bright of New York Princedom, sealed with wax and written with gold impregnated ink.

Although Lexi had never been in this place before there was something familiar in the architecture of these elegant mansions, something similar of what she remember from Cambridge back at her old city. Brooke said.
"My Lady we are almost there."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Empty Re: Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi)

Post  Lexi Rose Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:03 am

While Boston was fine, and finding the right blood was surprisingly possible, there weren't a lot of opportunities to move up in the kindred world. With the wealthy stock traders of New York's Wall Street, I could be guaranteed money, blood, and opportunities beyond what I could find in Boston. Boston wasn't even all that memorable, to be honest.

As is the custom in the Camarilla, I am headed to meet the prince to announce my presence in his city. This tradition makes sense to me. The prince should know of all the players in his city. Well, all the kindred players. No telling what Kuei Jin, Lupine, or Caine knows what else goes bump in the night on the streets of New York.

This is a city of opportunity in the land of opportunity. I think I'm gonna like it here.

"Thank you Brooke"
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Left_bar_bleue4/10Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Willpower:
Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Left_bar_bleue2/4Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Health:
Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Left_bar_bleue6/7Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Empty_bar_bleue  (6/7)

Back to top Go down

Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Empty Re: Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi)

Post  Malakiel Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:29 pm

It was Brooke who stepped out to open the door for the Lady letting her enjoy the cold air around her. The colors of the dimmed lights through the falling drops falling from the umbrella made the big mansion look even more mysterious causing a bit of anxiety that Lexi disregarded right away.

The ghoul covered Lexi from the car door to the main entrance where another servant was waiting with the door open to receive Miss Rose, hold her jacket and a clean pair of shoes. The intense lights inside contrasted greatly with obscure exterior, the polish marble floor were like a mirror, reflecting the gold crystal hanging lamps from above.

Lexi had never been to Josef haven in New York and certainly it was more luxurious than the other one back in Boston.

The open hallway from the main entrance allowed to see the living room where a classical piano, beautifully buffed with black shining luster, seemed like a bright star in the middle of this opulence.

The servant bowed saying his regards to Ms. Rose and guide her in down by a side corridor apparently leading to an office with an open door at the end of it. That place was entirely made of wood, from the floors to the bookshelves and the chess board on one corner, had two desks: one to be the main one, the other for small meetings, not counting for the chess board with two chairs next to the door.

The ghoul that had introduced himself as Leo, said.
"Please Ms. Rose wait here until the Master arrives. He will be joining us shortly."

Allowing Lexi in but staying outside the door like an statue waiting for his Master.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:29 pm

It was a little annoying that I had to do this before I could even see my new home. It was nice of my sugar daddy to make this easy for me. He's more than my sugar daddy now. Josef is my sire. Someone who, in his infinite brilliance, took control of even the one thing he was supposed to surrender control to, me.

I shouldn't think of such things as power right now. I need to think about making a good first impression. I care if the prince likes me. I need him to if I'm going to get anywhere. There was nothing to do while I waited, so I decided to sing to myself.

"Shiny shiny, shiny boots of leather. Whiplash girl, child in the dark..."
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Left_bar_bleue4/10Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Willpower:
Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Left_bar_bleue2/4Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Health:
Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Left_bar_bleue6/7Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) Empty_bar_bleue  (6/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:49 pm

A few minutes later Lexi could hear the sound of steps coming down the hallway. Josef arrived to the room with his distinguish air of superiority that he carried along always. His expression seemed clouded by worries about something but the second he landed his eyes on Lexi it changed to some relief, smiling at her like a loving 'father'.

Josef said.
"Welcome my Child, it is so nice to see you. How was the trip? Did you find any comfort?"

The trip was busy and many people was traveling from Boston to NYC. Fortunately she was flying in executive but still the boarding was a nightmare.

He went to sit behind his desk to organize some papers he brought with him before saying.
"New York will be very different compared to Boston. A Ventrue Princedom always is, you'll notice its better organized and Kindreds have much more privileges than any other place.

Here is one of the few places where you can find all Factions of the Clan working together: The Imperium of Ventrue, The Fellowship of the Lords, The Brokerage; and The Knights of the Blood Oath.

In order of access to power in terms of Political positions the most important at this moment is the Knight faction, followed by the Fellowship and third the Imperium. The forth Faction the Brokerage doesn't have any political power inside the Princedom although there are some important members in Albany working with the Fellowship and many others under my Sire's command at Wallstreet Stoke Exchange.

In time you will learn everything about each member of the Clan but right now I just want to give you a few guidelines."

He makes a short pause before saying.
"I understand that Prince Quentin gave you a recommendation, do you have it?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:23 pm

I produce the letter.

"Here it is, sire. I'm hoping that New York is the city of opportunity I think it is. All those different clans make it sound so dangerous. You mentioned your sire works with men in Wall Street? Do you think she knows if any of them would be interested in my services? They sound like they would match my taste"

Building up a new herd of clientele in a new city will take some work. I' sure the local toreadors could help me in this respect. Perhaps the Nosferatu could tell me as well. I'm going to be competing with a lot more pro doms here. But I'm not scared of a challenge.

Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:00 am

Josef accepts the letter and starts reviewing it in detail while indulging some of Lexi's questions.
"New York is safer now that it has been in a long time... if you had knew it back in the 20s, during Ladislav Toth ruling as Archbishop of the City, you'd have known true fear of going out to the streets, the worst ruler of all times! Damn Ravnos!"

After a short pause to focus on a disgusting memory he said.
"I will introduce you to Lady Jennie Spencer-Churchill, my Sire when the opportunity presents itself. You must know that she was recently promoted to Tribune a very important position in the Clan Ephorate, as well she serves the City Board as Questor in charge of all Stoke Exchanges in New York, not need to tell you how powerful is she.

Meeting with a Tribune is not something that any Neonate can give for granted but since you're my Childe I'd bet she'll do an exception and grant you an audience. If not, she may recommend you to make the acquaintance of very important kindred in the Stoke Exchange business."
he concludes.

He then digress back to the main subject.
"From now you have thirteen nights to be presented before the Prince. I hope you hearing is granted much earlier than that however is up to his Grace to set the date.

Until that day I will take care of this document. You're welcome to stay tonight here and enjoy my Hospitality, I bet you must be tired and thirsty; and I can offer you so comfort. Tomorrow night I will ask the staff to take you to a place I've prepared specially for you to be your Haven, for as long as you want it."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:59 pm

New York may be safer, but now that I'm undead, I know any city is still a place with horrors beyond what I want to know. Maybe it was presumptuous to assume I could arrange a meeting with someone that much more powerful than me. Even if We're only one degree of separation. The night was still young and I had things to do.
"Before I leave. I would just like to thank you for the opportunity to live in New York. But I do have some questions. How do I schedule a meeting with the Prince? Where is my new Haven? How do I contact the Nosferatu?"

Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Josef keeps the letter in a drawer of his desk and looking at Lexi obviously worried that she's missing the point tells with forced patience in his voice.
"Your presence is already been mentioned to the Princedom authorities. Like I said you have thirteen nights to be summoned to the Prince court."

Josef keeps silence for a couple more seconds needed to make Lexi feel judge but before she could answer he continues.
"Let me give you this piece of advice: Learn your place before seeking others favors."

Letting that piece of wisdom sink in. Then he said.
"You will know your Haven tomorrow, unless you prefer to disregard my Hospitality and leave tonight."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:53 pm

A mistake I've made before is being pretentious. In my defense, it's my job to be... above people. Although if I want to get anywhere in this city, or clan for that matter, I'll need to humble myself.
"You're right. I'm still new to this unlife after all. I would love nothing more than to be a guest in your home. One last question, who are the major players in New York?"
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:18 am

Josef replies kindly.
"Only three clans are allowed by the Ventrue to hold Havens and Racks on Manhattan Borough: The Toreador, The Malkavians and the Tremere. The rest of the Clans serves us well in their own fashion.

Any member of these clans is to be taken seriously, while only a bunch of kindreds from the others are of any importance."

He made pause and then.
"Now the butler will show you the way to the destination of your choice child. I have terribly important matters to attend. I wish you a good night."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:28 pm

"I'll leave you to it then," I said as I left. Being in charge of a large business must be hard. Having your decisions affect the lives of so many people. It must be quite stressful. That's why men like him come to me. I am a lul in their control and stress. If only for an hour or so.

Manhatten sounds like a borough with clans I like. I have had toreador clients. They understand influence almost as much as Ventrue. Malkavians are hard to pin down as a whole. However, their insane ramblings have held truth that's saved my ass before. Tremere kind of creep me out. I'm just glad they're on our side.

I turn to the butler and say "Take me to my quarters please."
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:18 pm

The butler starts walked a step ahead moving through the very illuminated and luxurious mansion. Not a single soul was seen during the travel, at some point going upstairs. The second floor began with a tempered glass door with a steel frame that Lexi has seen before in banks and other similar places, which the butler proceed to open with his finger print on a nearby plate.

The second floor was covered in exquisite carpets of persian design, with a few framed pictures here and there along the many corridors that made a sort of maze to eventually get to a heavy dark brown wooden door, locked with a security key that the butler gave to Lexi afterwards.

The room had no windows, its rooftop was made of light brown wood as the rest of the furniture: a mirrored drawer, a comfortable king size bed with two besides, a desk with a padded chair; and another small table with an empty silver tray.

Castle of Dark Crimson Crystal (Lexi) 7f10c6a152ad53970ca953f25a358ebd

The butler bowed and pointed where a cord was hanging reminding that pulling it she'd get immediate assistance from the staff. Then he said.
"My lady, are you thirsty? perhaps my Master could offer you something of your liking to drink?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:29 pm

I was always thirsty. Part of my curse3 I guess. My beast wasn't making noise, so I told him, "No thanks. That will be all".
I should check the time. If it was getting close to dawn, I should get some sleep. If not, I should check out some chat rooms. Try and find a client.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:39 pm

When the butler retired Lexi started to wander around the second floor as she discovered the tempered glass door was closed and she was unable to open it. However the maze was extensive and complicated so she started to walk finding mostly other rooms with door closed.

At some point after turning a corner she found an open door, inside was an big community room without any beds, just a couple of padded couches and a sort of stage with a harp on it, made of golden wood and metal incrustations with wonderful beauty. Several otomane sits and very puffed pillows were around the stage.

The place was fairly illuminated, also a bunch of cables connected to some hidden speakers implied this space was used to make concerts or at least some small musical events. On a corner was a woman, silently reading a book and didn't even care to look up when Lexi entered the room.

She was dressed very formally with a long coat and high boots Physically had pale skin and dark hair, also beautiful make up.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:07 am

I'm not sure who this woman is. I'm guessing she belongs here. Wherever here might be in this haven. I figured it would be in my best interest to get to know this woman. I'm hoping she wasn't an assassin or something. Only one way to find out.

"Hello, I'm Lexi, Josef's childe. Who might you be?"
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:18 am

"Hello, I'm Lexi, Josef's childe. Who might you be?"

The woman doesn't take the eyes from the book she's reading very intensive but is polite enough to answer.
"I am Questor Kyle Sanders."

Her voice was very soft, almost imperceptible, also seemingly kind and carefree.

When Lexi heard the Questor title her mind immediately ran to pay attention to other details. Her expensive clothes, the two thousand dollar high shoes. The book title: Bardo Thodol
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Evident by this woman, our clan knows style and class. I'd argue we're better at it than the Toreadors. Shoot, we're better at solving problems than Brujah. We're better at banking than Giovani. We are the clan of kings and queens.

From what little I know of the occult, I believe she's reading the Tibetan book of the dead. Some Gangrel told me Giovani talk to the dead. Gangrel likes to exaggerate though. I don't think Kyle seems interested in talking to me. I'll continue with my original goal.
"Do you know where I can find a computer? One with access to the internet?"
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:08 pm

The woman turns at Lexi and with the same soft voice but changing its pitch slightly to make it subtlety more aggressive she said so clear that Rose could not hear anything else.
"Am I sure you'll find one in your room, go there and don't get out until you do."

Dominate 2: Mesmerizing:

In that second Lexi remembered she didn't checked her room entirely and obviously Josef had put a computer there. Without further ado she said thank you to Lady Sanders and started to run to get there. Lexi then closed the door, turned the key to lock it up and started to search for a computer head to toes, turning the room upside down several times without losing interest or realizing that there was none she could find.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:41 pm

Was she real or did I imagine her in my dream? Regardless, I've awakened. I'm able to get up an hour earlier than most kindred. I hear thin-bloods do the same. Poor bastards, getting treated like a sign of the end times. I've heard chatrooms say that the end of the millennium will cause a mass computer crash. ky2 or something. What a load of crap.

I'll get dressed in some heels, leather pants, and a fur coat. While I miss being able to walk the street in a latex catsuit, a submissive on a leash behind me, I understand that exhibitionism is a masquerade violation. I'm hoping I can find some nice thigh highs in the high-end shops in 5th avenue. I know I'll find something I love.

Josef will want to know where I am. I'll call him in an hour from a payphone. Maybe I should get a pager. Something urgent could happen. I sound like a child. I'm a grown woman. I can take care of myself. To 5th avenue, I go.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri May 01, 2020 4:02 pm

After using the cord to call the service Lexi got a bunch of strange looks as the butler wondered why was the room made a mess, asking Ms. Rose if everything was alright? Regardless he went to escort her to the main door and ask for a cab as she requested and when she was about to depart he remembered her saying.
"Ms. Rose my Master reminds you of your appointment to see the new Haven he had set for you. Please be back before 9PM."

Lexi knew that her unlife could become way more difficult by getting on the wrong side of Josef but more than that she didn't bare the idea of disappointing him. A simple calculation in her mind made her realize she could not make it back by the hour pointed by the servant and started to wander what to do as she expected the taxi to arrive.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Fri May 01, 2020 4:54 pm

I didn't know he had a specific time scheduled for me. Best to keep with that. I turn to the butler and say
"Tell the nice man driving the cab where my new home is."
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri May 01, 2020 5:00 pm

The butler shrugs.
"I am sorry Ms. Rose but I don't know where it is.

Now if you excuse me." and he withdraws to the mansion
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Fri May 01, 2020 6:04 pm

Well this is awkward. I dont have time to shop and I don't know where my new home is. I give the driver a few dollars and say "sorry for wasting your time." Before getting out. Guess I'll just wait an hour for Josef to wake up.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri May 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Lexi tries to go back into the house, finding the door closed and finding the minor inconvenience of having to knock back in. The butler made a bow very politely and asking Lexi about her change of her, then leading her to the base level dinner room that was very well illuminated as the night before.

Still no one else, no sight of the woman she found the night before. How curious...

The butler without a name asked.
"Excuse me Ms. Rose may my Master offer you something to drink?"

A few hours elapse while she was waiting on the dinning room and no sign of Josef.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next