World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Research & Release (Star)

2 posters

Go down

Research & Release (Star) Empty Research & Release (Star)

Post  Star Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:27 pm

As Star thanks room service for their assistance with her meal the only other thing she asked for was a pack of menthol cigarettes and a zipo lighter of some sort.
a Strange request for a Vampire but she didn't care. She did however promised that she would smoke outside the realm on the balcony, as to be courteous to whoever the rooms next to guest was going to be.
Knowing that people might not like the smell of burning tobacco as much as she does.

Star was feeling quite satisfied with herself on how she handled the matter with that revolting little worm of a man. She actually felt a sense of "Ventrue Pride"within herself that she was able to handle the situation without excessive violence.

Star thought for a moment on how best to use her time for the evening, as she was still "grounded" by her sire and not able to leave the room.

Star rifled through a few drawers looking around the room for a pad and the pen, as well as New York phone book or directory.

Once she found these objects she flip through the phone book looking into the business section for the area around where her new property would be located in the city. She started to take note of different businesses in the area as well as looking for 24-Hour storage room she could rent.

Star knew it'd be quite some time before her property would even be remotely ready to make a Haven in, let alone be used for a place of storage. So she was looking into various places where she could stash items that she acquired in the conning nights.
Like a wardrobe, so she didn't have to carry a duffel bag around with he. Or a safe place to stash weapons, or even herself if she needed a Haven. It wasn't as if this was the 1st time she had lived out of a bus locker or storage room before.

Star also thought about buying gym equipment and making a place for her to train herself "personally" By making a Vampire equivalent of a personal gym being that regular gym equipment would not suit someone of her strength. And if she tore apart a dummy bag in New York City Gym it would raise far too many questions.

So her ideas would include buying thick chains, concrete mix, dense foam padding and a weight set. These are things she wanted to do in secret in her free time.
And this place was second as a stress relieving room if she ever felt the need.

She scribbled down also so ideas for making her equipment. Such as filling a normal dummy bag which was filled with sand, filling it with weights and cement then hanging it either from a sturdy ceiling or bolting it to the floor.

Star also thought about a lot of things like this nature. She also looked into 24hr storage facilities in the Albany area around where the chess club rout was so she could pale a safe room out in that area to store stuff.

On her pad and paper she took dumb many notes as well as phone numbers and locations of different places of interest.
Including local cab companies and motels.

Finally when star was done with her research she placed the note pad on the end table, removed all the sheets from the bed and lifted the mattress on its side and up against the wall.
Star went over to one of the main walls of the broom and knocked on it trying to gauge its thickness, before moving the mattress in place.

Once it was places fermly against the hard wall she proceeded to box with it using it as a punching bag to soften the blows. Star didn't try to completely let loose her full strength all at once. But was gradually getting used to gaining momentum and the feel of the impact on her knuckles.

She did this for a while, getting re-use to punching and feeling her fists collide with softer objects.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Research & Release (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Research & Release (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Research & Release (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Research & Release (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Research & Release (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Research & Release (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Research & Release (Star) Empty Re: Research & Release (Star)

Post  Star Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:05 pm

▂▂▂▂▂▂ ROLL ▂▂▂▂▂▂
Intelligence 2 + Investigation 1
Star carried out 3 launched of one Research & Release (Star) 10.1 (Roll.) :
1 , 7 , 4
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Research & Release (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Research & Release (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Research & Release (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Research & Release (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Research & Release (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Research & Release (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:44 pm

As Star thanks room service for their assistance with her meal the only other thing she asked for was a pack of menthol cigarettes and a zipo lighter of some sort. A Strange request for a Vampire but she didn't care
The room service delivered no questions asked.

She started to take note of different businesses in the area as well as looking for 24-Hour storage room she could rent.
She found many in at least two storages zones in Harlem. The hard part was to get specific details to narrow the ones offered. The price, dimensions, pros and cons, among other details were rather diffused.

Star also thought about buying gym equipment and making a place for her to train herself "personally" By making a Vampire equivalent of a personal gym
She found indeed many department stores with sport gear in NYC, per haps too many. All malls had at least a dozen, adding to that many local stores in the five boroughs. Staten Island seemed to have many available sport shops for fishing and exercise in general.

She also looked into 24hr storage facilities in the Albany area around where the chess club rout was so she could pale a safe room out in that area to store stuff
None to be found.

On her pad and paper she took dumb many notes as well as phone numbers and locations of different places of interest. Including local cab companies and motels.
She has now a pad full of telephone numbers with some notes trying to identify who is who in that maze of information she has gathered. Per haps she would need a cryptographer to uncoded it later on.

The she moves around the matress and placing it over a thick, concrete wall. Throwing a practice warm up punch just to test her might, resulting on her first slaming the wall behind like there was no matress at all. Luckly the matress wasn't damage but the resounding punch surely was heard at least in the room next door, if not in the entire floor.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:10 pm

As Star pushed aside all the confusing numbers and ideas she had been collecting she realized this little project might be a little more complex then she originally thought. But at least you can get some boxing practice out of the way to get her mind off of all the mess of info she scribble down.

As Star landed the mear warmup punch and felt her knuckles hit the back wall and the sound oh her punch reverberate off the concrete , she froze in surprise holding a "oh sh!t" expression on her face.
OoC: Concept Expression:

She quickly pulled down the mattress and checked for any damage.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" .... I think I need a thicker mattress. ... ."
She muttered to herself trying to figure out just how she hit the wall passed the mattress..
.. I can't be that strong.... I wasn't even trying yet...

Star pressed her ear against the wall praying that it was thick enough that nobody heard that in the next room.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:50 pm

The walls wasn't damaged at all or the matress for that matter. However, the sound was indeed loud, very loud. No one complained right away but surely if there was someone there he'd be calling to service room to mention a fight next door or someone trying to punch his way through the wall.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Star hoped no one was there in the next room or that anyone heard the noise.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...... Oops..."
Star said and very quickly grabbed the mattress and through it back on the box spring and started to try to make the bed as if nothing had happened.

Star ploped down on the bed and looked at her reflection in the mirror...
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... God damn Beasty... I might be kinda stronger than I thought I was. ... Got to remember that...
But... How strong am I?"

She said to her reflection as she questioned her own strength.

Star kinda smiled at this though, it turns out she was a lot stronger then she thought she was, being that she was only under the impression she was only slightly a little stronger then she was while she was just human. And she wondered just how much more stronger she could become.

<.. I really need to create a mini work out area for myself... Make my own vampy-gym... Hee-Hee ... Too bad I cant go back to the junkyard to practice... I'm sure I can find something in New York to suit my needs... Hee hee.>
Star thought as she got up and went to the balcony to look up at the night stars and have herself a quick smoke.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down