World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess Master's move

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chess Master's move Empty Chess Master's move

Post  Malakiel Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Valentine himself was coming down the corridor to the guest area, he was wearing a fine epoch raincoat dark green embroided in gold and silver with a diamond brooch with the crown of Ventrue shining with each move. He was alone.

Brian stood up as soon as he noticed the Elder's presence and waited standing still. Then when he was closed Brian bowed respectfully saying.
"Lord Valentine. What an honour!"

Valentine smiled to his guests and said.
"Good evening Sir Hell Song, Miss Garrison. I thank God for the opportunity to meet you again, I hope the accomodations were worthy of you.

Would you join me for a walk? I have much I'd like to talk to thee."

Brian accepted right away and started to walk down the hallway to the main building where Valentine came from in the first place. It was very symbolic to come all the way down instead of summoning them, a courtesy that Brian luckly didn't overlook.

Valentine said.
"Lady Victoria came to see me, she was very displeased for the regrettable result of your meeting earlier tonight. She went to tell me how deeply sorry she was for her wrong doing and that accepted to duel your Childe to redress her mistakes. I can see the honor in that.

However, it's not common for a Fledgeling to have the honor of facing an Ancillae in Fair Combat but under these circumstances I'll allow it with one condition: no further Quest shall be bestowed on her except for a formal apology from Lady Victoria von Baden to you and your Childe."

Brian meditated shortly and then replied.
"I can only agree with that condition Lord Valentine but I was thinking to bestow a Quest on the ghoul that offended us. Forgive me but after reimagining over this regrettable situation I got to the conclussion that he was disobedient of his Mistress. Is it acceptable?"

Valentine smiled and noded.
"You're wise Sir Hell Song. Also I wanted to offer your Childe a training session with our Master of Knights, Count Hayworth Tribune and Praetor of Sabbat Affairs. He would teach her our way of dueling, its a complex ritual that should be perform flawlessly. Spoiling the protocol would result in losing Dignitas instead. Would you concord?"

Brian looked to Becca and nodded right away.
"We thank you deeply for your hospitality Lord Valentine."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chess Master's move Empty Re: Chess Master's move

Post  Star Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:14 pm

Star took notice of Lord Valentine himself coming to greet them, she was a little surprise. The way the Lord carried himself combined with his alluring sexyness made Star soak in approach with pleasure.

She stooded when her father did, and gave the Lord a respectful bow. Star followed silently as they walked along not wanting to interrupt there conversation.

Star paid close attention to the Lord's words as he spoke to her father.
//it's not common for a Fledgeling to have the honor of facing an Ancillae in Fair Combat but under these circumstances I'll allow it //
Star question to herself "why"?
<This truly is not going to be a "fair combat" no matter which way you slice it.... it's a bit absurd,  perhaps this is a test of some sort. >
she thought.

//I wanted to offer your Childe a training session with our Master of Knights, Count Hayworth Tribune and Praetor of Sabbat Affairs. He would teach her our way of dueling, its a complex ritual that should be perform flawlessly. Spoiling the protocol would result in losing Dignitas instead. Would you concord?"
<again with this "Dignitas" thing, this "Vent-rep" really must be very important. If I can preform well and not act like the Sabbat ruffian people think I am.... I might be able to earn some of that "rep"... Cool . >
she thought.

Star gave a respectful nod to her father in agreement, approving of him speaking for her.
She didn't dare to interrupt the two Kindred and she kept respectfully quiet as they talked About the details.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Chess Master's move Left_bar_bleue8/20Chess Master's move Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Chess Master's move Left_bar_bleue3/4Chess Master's move Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Chess Master's move Left_bar_bleue7/7Chess Master's move Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Valentine asked Brian.
"Sir Hell Song, are you enjoyning your time here? I'm sorry to insist in the question but did you enjoy your accomodations." it was obvious that Brian didn't answer his question.

Brian forced an smile and said.
"My room is quite spacious and has everything I might need at hand Lord Valentine. My every need its been taken care of. That's exactly what I don't enjoy about your Chess Club but I understand its the way you show Hospitality and that I appreciate very much.

Out of curiosity Lord, Am I the first Gangrel to ever step in your Domain?"
he smiled.

Valentine smiled greatly melting Rebecca slowly. He said.
"I'm sorry to deprive you from autonomy. You're the first Gangrel to enter here as a guest but over the years we have had many intruders doing a Rite of Passage. is that it's proper name? of your Embrace Ritual?"

Brian laughted.
"Yes Lord, I've heard such stories. Your defenses are quite formidable and kidnapping one of your ghouls is not an easy task but a good hunter should have a difficult prey. Many have been returned empty handed staked in a plastic bag and those are left for secondary task within the Clan."

Valentine giggle was like a celestial chrous singing but for Rebecca this was amazingly sexy.
"Ventrue and Gangrel have made eachother stronger over the years. Per haps to have you both here is just one more step to built a lasting and prosperous alliance between us."

Brian nodded serious and kept silence meditating on his words. Eventually they got to the next building with the many dojos and arenas. In one of them was a tall english looking guy wearing a fencing uniform.
Chess Master's move Haywor10

The subject bowed before Lord Valentine silent. The Chess Master said.
"This is our Tribune and Praetor of Sabbat Affairs Count Hayworth. Count these are my guests Sir Hell Song of Gangrel and his Child Miss Rebecca Garrison."

The man was over 6 feet tall. His ice blue eyes and perfect skin were hard like a diamond. Still with a some british accent and polite tone he said.
"Sir Hell Song, Miss Garrison. I'm honoured to meet you."

Valentine replied.
"Count please teach Miss Garrison the proper way of dueling, her Sire and I will be sitting in steps to watch your progress. Carry on."

He bowed and turned to Rebecca while the two Elders went away to a corner of the room to keep their talk.

Hayworth said.
"Tell me anything I should know about you Child of the Hell Song"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Valentine:
"Sir Hell Song, are you enjoyning your time here?
Brian: everything I might need at hand Lord Valentine. My every need its been taken care of. That's exactly what I don't enjoy about your Chess Club

Star remained of course politely silent, though she tried not to smirk.
<for real??? Jesus dad have you never took a vacation before?... This place is great! If they had a Spa I would be in heaven! Hee-hee>

Valentine:
//intruders doing a Rite of Passage. is that it's proper name? of your Embrace Ritual?"
Brian:
//kidnapping one of your ghouls is not an easy task but a good hunter should have a difficult prey

<What the F*ck is wrong with you gangrel....for real??? Jesus! Freaking weird-ass games you play. And I'm thought of as a hoodlum. No wonder the Gangrel own the police, they go around causing a ruckus heehee >
Star thought laughing a bit on the inside.

Ventrue and Gangrel // to have you both here is just one more step to built a lasting and prosperous alliance between us."
Star smiled at this, she felt that she would be honored to help in anyway for this could become a possibility. Star started to realize that being that she was a Ventrue, and Her father a Gangrel they would indeed be in a perfect position to help cultivate and cement this Alliance,

Star listened to Valentine's words, his voice, tone and mannerisms she found extremely alluring, she had to stop herself from staring at him or risk him taking note of her attraction.

Star followed quietly to the next building and tried dismissing any thoughts of Attraction she had towards the Elder Lord. She cursed herself for even being allowed to hold such fanciful feelings and attractions. Star tried very hard to focus on the task at hand, though she caught herself glancing at the Vampiric Lords ass once or twice as she followed them from behind.
<Ohhh my God! He is sooo damn sexy...♡ Mmmmm  ♡ ohhh My Lord Valentine, I'd bow down and show you just how I'll worship dat'ass. ♡ he can be my King any night!> she thought as she tried to resist the urge to undress Lord Valentine with her eyes.

Finally Star managed to pull her thoughts away from the Vampiric Lord and She greeted Hayworth with a respectful bow. She watched the elders leave.
Hayworth said.
"Tell me anything I should know about you Child of the Hell Song"
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  Count Hayworth, it is a pleasure, thank you for taking time to instruct me in this.

Well to answer your question  Count, I prefer to end confrontations with words before a fight escalates, but I'm no stranger to combat. As far as a fighting styles go , I'm used to fighting defensively  rather than offensively. I prefer to good oldfashon fist fighting rather than swordplay, but I like to think of my self as a fast learner.  "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Chess Master's move Left_bar_bleue8/20Chess Master's move Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:44 am

The Count was a very serious man whom wouldn't smiled even by accident. With his ice blue eyes fixed on Star he said.
"Very well. You're about to duel and it's not like a fist fight or any regular combat that we, as kindred, face eventually. Dueling it's not about wining or losing, it's about Dignitas!

Once upon a time there were two kings, twin brothers that contested for the throne , allying with two different groups to claim the crown. One was secretly ploting with the enemies of the kingdom, the other with his father's most trusted servants.

Time to duel came and the fighting was fierce but the enemies of the kingdom had poisoned the good king and he lost the fight. With his last breath he yelled treason. Still the good king was dead and the false king went to claim the crown but the people turned against him and he lost the support of those who once backed him, during the revolt the false king was killed and the first born of the good king was crowned that day.

The people doesn't follow the stronger, power only attracts hate. They care about Dignitas more than their own lives because it's the gift of heaven bestowed on those fit to rule over humanity. Entire populations have gave their live for their king, because they were convinced of his divine nature and to defend it was to defend something greater than themselves.

Ventrue have know the secret of ruling from ancient times, only throught Dignitas we're righteous heirs of the divine power to rule over others. Dueling has everything to do with Dignitas, fight for your principles, for honour, for something greater than yourself and you'll earn Dignitas. Fight for selfish reasons and you'll be deprive it of it."

He made a pause.
"Do you understand?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:52 am

Star listened very attentively to everything that the Count had to say.  Again this topic of "Dignitas" was being addressed. She thought and listened very seriously about all that was being said.

The analogy of the King's story was not lost on her. She understood its meaning. Indeed due to this "Dignitas" the Ventrue were very different from any other clan she had ever been around.
A good reputation of trust, honor, respect and integrity far surpass any victory but I could ever be obtained, and this "Dignitas" seemed to be that, and so much more. Star seemed fascinated by this concept.

Dueling has everything to do with Dignitas, fight for your principles, for honour, for something greater than yourself and you'll earn Dignitas. Fight for selfish reasons and you'll be deprive it of it."

Star was reminded of Haquim's words in the morgue when she learned that she was a Ventrue.
"" No Pander has known Honour or fought for a cause greater than themselves. Don't compare to such vile defilments of the Blood.
IT'S UNWORTHY OF THY."
""

Star had taken the Scourge's words to heart that night, and it only reconfirmed her desire to join the Camarilla, to improve herself and fight for something bigger than herself.

Count:.
"Do you understand?"
Star nodded
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Yes I believe that I do, Count Hayworth. I am starting to understand the concept of "Dignitas", and its importance in the existence of a Ventrue. Indeed if this duel will aid in me earning   Dignitas among the Clan of Kings, then I wish to do so properly.

She said respectfully, giving the Count her full attention
" Please continue Count, you have my full attention.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:17 am

The Count said sharp to Star.
"Take a sword from that rack."

Then Hayworth walk to the fencing field at the center of the room and waited calmly for Rebecca to grab her sword and stand before him.
"First of all you need to learn the basis, we are not going to fight at this point. I will show you the proper salute before starting a duel. It is called 'The Grand Salute' and since Victorian times its the most elaborate and perfectioned way to start a duel."

Then he started to throw stabs and thrusts with a rapid and flawless execution of attacks and parries. This man had an impressive swiftness and elegance in his fighting style.
Then he said.
"The salute includes practically all the major movements of attack and defense and its purpose is undoubtedly to show the onlookers the various features of the display about to be put before them in the actual bout. In the salute every action should show perfect balance and control. At no other time is a fencer in a more exposed situation. He is on show, and like the blue ribbon winners at the horse exhibits, he should step his prettiest. The salute is subject to variations, and complex maneuvers may be introduced. Every instructor should take pains to teach his pupils the salute and make certain that in it they attain advanced proficiency.

This was my most basic salute, then want I expect you to learn tonight. It contains ten basic attacks and parries also very basic.

First you'll go and change for the proper clothes to keep your modesty. Then you can start, one by one. To copy my movements, I'll do it once in slow motion.

I will wait here for you."

The Count made a hand sign to another buttler and explained his instruction to him. Which was carried out right away.

Last edited by Malakiel on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:50 am

Star quietly listened as the count explained  "The Grand Salute'" of the art of fencing in a duel.  Indeed Star started to get the impression that this whole thing was basically a small performance put on for those that watched. Winning or Losing truly wasn't important compared to how well one can preform these "Renaissancal rites".

Star didnt let the fact that this was going to be her 1st duel ever, and the fact that she would be performing basic maneuvers due to her lack of knowledge on the subject discourage her. Star took this as of hopeful opportunity to better herself and find a way to shine. She could prove that she could be taught and perhaps earn some Dignitas in the process if she was lucky and performed well enough.

Star gave Count Hayworth a nod and follow the butler to get changed into the appropriate attire for dueling.

After which she would return to the count from play to await further instructions
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:19 pm

perception + melee
Star carried out 3 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
8 , 7 , 6
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Star began to practice the movements imitating the Count skills. Although he had many decades ahead of practice he seemed satisfied with her initial performance. Once he noticed she had at least a basic idea of the movements he stopped and started to count in french for each of the twenty movements she had to perform, clapping at a slow pace to let her think between movements.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Star took all of this very seriously, she knew that during the duel all eyes would be on her to gage how well she could preform. As she no doubt thought that Lord Valentine and her father were watching her now.

Star had always been a fast learner, this helped her survive during her Sabbat days. Star was adaptable and had a desire hidden within herself to want to tow-the-line and rise above it so to speak. Being the center of attention with all eyes looking on her never bothered her. In fact it only drove her forward to preform better.

Star followed Count's instructions to the letter,  never giving pause, hesitation or question. She simply tryed to shine and performe to the best of her capabilites
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:39 pm

perception + melee
5 , 3 , 8
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:52 pm

As she got distracted thinking about the future and the surroundings instead of focusing on the difficult task to perform each movement with flawless perfection. Hayworth started to move his arm and Rebecca felt the sting from an invisible wasp on her knees, shoulders, legs and arms, as the count was pointing out her mistakes.

His movement was so fast to the point of being unpredictable and certainly a human would be already bleeding to death in the floor but as a kindred and a Ventrue Rebecca endured, what was impressive was the strength control pinching hard enough to cause pain but not to damage her.

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:04 pm

As the "learning strikes" hit her she gritted her teeth, realizing her mistakes. Star was hardly a stranger to pain or being struck in such a way to correct her form or behavior, this was nothing new. While in the Sabbat she would often have been beaten when she didn't performe the combat tactics efficiently enough.

Star quickly righted her mind and tryed to focus.
9 , 10 , 9
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:11 pm

As the stings stopped in Rebecca's flawless thrusting dance and swift movements the Count's clapping increased the pace and he was also more strict in evaluating her performance. Each second Star learned more and more as her body was getting used to the repeative motions.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Star tryed to focus on nothing but mimicking the Count's rapid movements. As she performed she let tryed to harder to match them and perform them as close to the Count as she could.

Perception + Melee
9 , 9 , 4
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:41 pm

When the last sequence ended the clapping suddenly stopped and there was silence for a minute.

Then three clapping filled the air, this time from Valentine, Hayworth and Brian whom were congratulating Rebecca for her great job. She was a quick learner indeed.

Count Hayworth said.
"Bravo! Apprentice! You have done an acceptable Grand Salute! Now all you have to do is win with honour."

He smiled and said.
"Let's do an sparring to know each other a little better. I'll give you a tip or two. En garde!"

He took one step back while making a fifteen attack sequence like he was just weaving the public and ended in the basic defensive position.

Chess Master's move OPhSI
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Star graciously took in the praise from her performance. She bowed to Hayworth, then to Lord Valentine and her Father. She was indeed pleased with herself and the fact that she could see discernible change in her growth and showmen ship.

Let's do an sparring to know each other a little better. I'll give you a tip or two. En garde!"
Star nodded and took the appropriate stance that she had been taught just moments ago.
It was time for her to test herself once more and use what she has learned. Star focused her mind and prepared herself for sparing.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Hayworth did three steps forward each with a different thrust against Rebecca: up, up and mid of her body. Then a step back turning graciously to make a round slash to cover his retreat. This happend very fast giving Rebecca only a chance to defend herself.

Dexterity + Melee + Fencing (each dif 4)

Attack #1:
Malakiel carried out 8 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
1 , 2 , 7 , 4 , 9 , 6 , 8 , 3

Attack #2:
Malakiel carried out 7 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
7 , 8 , 10 , 4 , 8 , 6 , 10

Attack #3:
Malakiel carried out 6 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
2 , 1 , 4 , 1 , 5 , 1

Attack #4:
Malakiel carried out 5 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
3 , 6 , 10 , 10 , 1
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 pm

•Fencing Sword•  Cost: 3 / Concealment: LongCoat/ Durability: 1  / Min Str: 1
Chess Master's move 1sword21

Defending Attack 1: Combat Maneuver:
Perry: Dex + Melee
Dif: Normal
Damage: None
Star carried out 4 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
4 , 10 , 2 , 9

Last edited by Star on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Star does her best to defend the oncoming attacks with the knowledge that she has just learned of defensive swordplay.
It was far from a easy task, especially since she's not used to this type of fighting. But she tried to put all the basic Maneuvers she has just learned to the test her skills.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:25 pm

The count precision was flawless as usual, his technique swift and beautiful to watch. His muscle discipline was so perfect that he could use it at will to land a destrutive blow, or not at all. The sparring had began and the Count was clearly making a point, swiftness and technique are not necesarily meant to hurt, a true knight should be able to control it's body and emotions while fighting.

Strength (0) + Potence (0) + Weapon damage (1)
Attack #1: Attack Success (4) - Defense successes (2) -1 for damage = 1 + 1 (weapon damage) = 2
Malakiel carried out 2 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
9 , 3
Attack #2: Attack success (7)  -1 = 6+1 WD =7
Malakiel carried out 7 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
7 , 3 , 2 , 1 , 6 , 6 , 7
Attack #3: Attack success (0)  

Attack #4: Attack success (2)  -1 = 1+1 WD = 2
Malakiel carried out 2 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
3 , 3
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:28 pm

The Count first attack touched the upper chest of Star, then he made one step ahead but she was slow to back down and he nailed his fencing sword right in the middle of the chest, backing down the swing caressed her face with the tip of the sword.

Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Soak roll #1
Stam + Fort
Star carried out 5 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
10 , 7 , 6 , 10 , 5

Soak roll #2
Stam + Fort
Star carried out 5 launched of one Chess Master's move 10.1 (Roll.) :
3 , 9 , 4 , 10 , 6
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Star knew she was too slow to counter him correctly, She felt the blade stab her chest and cross her face with some surprise. She shook her head at the sting, though knew it caused no damage against her hardened frame. She counted herself lucky that her body had become so resilient from all of the beatings that she took from her pack members in attempts to toughen her up.

Star of course didn't take anything personal, this was training, pain and irritation were part of it.

She knew she lost the duel, but winning was not the point. It was about learning.

Star made a bow towards her opponent significant her respectful defeat.

Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next