World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess game with the Ventrue

2 posters

Go down

Chess game with the Ventrue Empty Chess game with the Ventrue

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:30 am

The van was very large indeed, it had two lines of regular sits and the back of the van itself had the twenty ghouls in standing position anibal lecter style, strapped and gagged, almost unable to blink. The van was moving fast at the exit of the compound two bikers on black motorcycles joined to conform a caravan. From their sits in the second line Brian and Rebecca they could see that they were also armed to the teeth.

Lawless was driving and Adam just using one of these 'celluar phones' that were in fashion these days. He was the first vampire to have ever use it that Star knows about at least. Adam informed presumible his superiors that he got 'the package' and were on their way to the 'chess club'.

Brian had his arms closed and was looking out of the window oblivious of the world when Adam spoke to him asking.
"Sir Hell Song, have you ever been to a Chess Club? there are some rules I think would be in order to remind the both of you to blend in and avoid unwanted attention."

The Gangrel gave an odd look to Adam and smirked.

Adam continued.
"It is customary and mandatory to wear a suit or any other formal outfit. We can provide you and Miss Garrison to cover that aspect; also it's considered rude and against the policy to display disciplines or use them against others except when the jousts rules stands otherwise. Finally, althought its ok to carry a weapon drawing it is a symbol of challenge that will be answered with the conditions of the duel so please be careful."

Brian nodded and smiled. "We will follow your rules kid. Don't worry"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chess game with the Ventrue Empty Re: Chess game with the Ventrue

Post  Star Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:07 am

Star was slightly off put by all of this, it looks like these Ventrue were about as serious about all this as the Gangrel were. Though she wonders what dastardly fate awaited these mortals.

Star sat quietly, she was just relieved to have her father next to her, so she didn't have to face this alone. She watched Adam talk on those new cell phones that seem to be way out of her price range for owning one.

While Adam was occupied Star turn to her father and softly whispered to him.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" These Guys seem extreamly formal. Not just them, but those Warlocks too... everybody seems to want to be referred to by titles for some reason. 
Would it be best if I did the same for you?
I have learned that your Title is more than just a cute nickname... It holds great weight.  How would you prefer I refer to you as .. At least in public?  "

Star asked softly, never wishing to mis-speek or cause her father embarrassment by her words.

When Adam addressed them she turned her full attention towards them.
It is customary and mandatory to wear a suit or any other formal outfit.
<oh goody, more clothing for me to destroy.>
she thought and absent-mindedly checked her outfit wondering if it was covered in dirt, blood  or God forbid that Thrall's runoff!!!

We can provide you and Miss Garrison to cover that aspect
Star truly didn't like being called Miss Garrison, it axtually bothered her some. It made her feel old or like she was back in highschool getting lectured by the Principal. She didn't interrupt but would make a point to ask about it later if it was completely necessary. She simply nodded in understanding until Adam was finished speaking.

Brian nodded and smiled. "We will follow your rules kid. Don't worry"
Star raised a eyebrow at her father calling this man "Kid" and wondered if he did so just to annoy them, such a comment she thought was just a little disrespectful especially if the person you're referring it to was a Ventrue. Though Star figured her father was badass enough to put these guys in their place if they got spicy with him about anything.
<I guess that goes with the privilege of being in charge of the Ventrue in this area> she thought

Finally when Adam was done speaking she spoke..
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Mr. Brick... I appreciate your hospitality, may I make a request pertaining to proper formal attire?  "
Star asked politely, awaiting to be acknowledged before speaking again.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" its just that I feel extremely uncomfortable wearing a dress... I find them very impractical and it reminds me of Prom Night...
A night I truly don't wish to Remember"

She said that part under her breath more so for only her to here.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Also... is it mandatory that you refer to me as Mss. Garrison? ... It makes me feel a bit old and like I'm a little kid back in grade school..
People usually just refer to me as "Star" now adays.

But if both of these things are absolutely mandatory... I will be-grudgingly just have to deal with it  "

She said with a shrug , then adde

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Also Mr. Brick, please forgive my ignorance on this matter, but I do not fully understand or know what "Chess Club" is. And I would hate to make false assumptions, might I ask if you could explain a bit more to me.? "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Chess game with the Ventrue Left_bar_bleue8/20Chess game with the Ventrue Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Chess game with the Ventrue Left_bar_bleue3/4Chess game with the Ventrue Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Chess game with the Ventrue Left_bar_bleue7/7Chess game with the Ventrue Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:47 am

How would you prefer I refer to you as .. At least in public?
Brian whispered to Becca's ear.
"Sire would do Star."

" its just that I feel extremely uncomfortable wearing a dress... I find them very impractical and it reminds me of Prom Night...
Adam smiled at the teenager reference and said.
"The buttlers at the Club are more suitable to speak of what is considered formal or not for a lady. I only intent to warn you that such formalities exist."

is it mandatory that you refer to me as Mss. Garrison?
"We only refer to ghouls by their first names without any titles to preceed them. I'd regreat for anyone to mistreat you and start giving you a ghoul's treament Miss."

I do not fully understand or know what "Chess Club" is. And I would hate to make false assumptions, might I ask if you could explain a bit more to me.? "
"I'm glad to clear any doubts about our culture Miss Garrison.

Chess Clubs have a long history inside Clan Ventrue. At first they started as gentlemen only clubs but nodays it has evolved to match the current nights allowing Ladies as well. In there gentlemen spend their time sharing experiences about war and strategy, combat and tactics. It's also a phylosophical centre of sorts where political issues are handled and finally it's the Executioner's house after a Trial concludes the sentence is carried oftenly in this domain."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Brian whispered to Becca's ear.
"Sire would do Star."
Star tilted her head in question, then nodded.
▂▂▂STAR (whispering) ▂▂▂▂
" of course my Sire.  "
The word sounded odd on her tongue the first time she said it trying to refer to her father as such, but she figured this was a formality and as a Ventrue she would have to get used to such formalities as it would be expected of her.

Star sighed softly after hearing what Adam had to say... again more formalities she would have to get used to.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
".... I'll take that as a "no" on both accounts then... Thank you kindly Mr. Brick, and no, I would most definitely would not wish to be thought of as such a lowly position as a Ghoul..."
Star said slightly humorously, not pressing the issue any further, she knew thought there was a lot she would have to learn how to adapt to if she wanted to at least attempt to fit in... She hoped that the manners she was displaying were at least somewhat suitable. After dealing with Jezebella she did not want to ever come off as rude or misspeak from her place of social standing.

She listen to Adams explanation of the Chess Club, and found it interesting, perhaps more than she would like to let on.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...I find this fascinating...... Humm

Um... May I inquire what will be the fate of these... .. "Prisoners"?"

For a moment Star was about to call the Ghouls something else and struggled for a moment to find correct word to call the Sabbat ghouls that didn't betray her disdain for mortals.
Of course the word  "prisoners" with a fitting word, compared to what she really was going to call them.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" or I should rephrase my question as...  what is the "typical" out come for mortals in this type of situation?... "
Star didn't seem like she actually cared too much about what was going to happen to them on a personal level, more so she was curious about the system behind how the process would be carried out.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Chess game with the Ventrue Left_bar_bleue8/20Chess game with the Ventrue Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Chess game with the Ventrue Left_bar_bleue3/4Chess game with the Ventrue Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Chess game with the Ventrue Left_bar_bleue7/7Chess game with the Ventrue Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:49 pm

" or I should rephrase my question as...  what is the "typical" out come for mortals in this type of situation?... "
Adam looked at Brian and said.
"I think the standard procedure will differ in this opportunity. The Gangrel Clan has specifically requested not harming the ghouls at all. Am I correct Sir Hell Song?"

Brian nods and replies.
"Yes, Caitiff are important allies and this whole deal is tightly related to this clan, as well as the stability of upstate New York. Among these prisoners might be assets of the clanless and depending on the results in the Tremere Chantry they should be able to retreave their properties.

What we want is to compare what these ghouls know to their domitor's statement. We're trusting the Ventrue clan abilities, if we wanted a classical interrogatory we have done it ourselves."

Adam quickly replies.
"Of course, of course Sir Hell Song. We also prefer non violent methods of interrogation that's why we found odd your request. Is not like we spent our nights torturing ghouls, You know?"

Brian smiled and said humoristically.
"Better safe than sorry"

After almost two hours driving the possibility of having to spend the day in the Chess Club was more and more pertinent to discuss, so Adam said.
"Lord Valentine's hospitality extends for as much as you desire to stay in the Chess Club you'll find your accodation worthy of you."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Star remains mostly silent as they talk, she knows what is to come will have to be handled delicately, and there's probably going to be a lot of people not like it a fact that they have to listen to a Gangrel give them orders. Simple things like taking orders from someone  being from different clan can impede social standings and stigmas, and Star was wondering how is all going to play out. Would the Ventrue be fine with it, or take a passive aggressive stance? Or would they dare be as Brash as the warlocks were? The prospect of observing social interaction between the two Star found very interesting.

Adam:.
//Is not like we spent our nights torturing ghouls, You know?"

Brian:
"Better safe than sorry"

Star smirked
<oh no.. of course not.   you guys just enjoy torturing each other with your boring ass politics... Doesn't have to be physically torturing the ghouls.   Hee-Hee>
Star though,

Lord Valentine's hospitality extends for as much as you desire to stay in the Chess Club you'll find your accodation worthy of you."
Star nods and said  politely...
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Thank you Mr. Brick.  I'm confident that we will find the arrangements fitting. Please extend our gratitude towards Lord Valentine's hospitality. I do look forward to seeing this Chess Club has to offer 1st hand. "
She said trying to be polite, and was genuinely interested  and curious as to what the chess club was all about. Though she still tryed not to show it too much, she didn't want to come off as eager.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down