World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picking up the pieces.

2 posters

Go down

Picking up the pieces. Empty Picking up the pieces.

Post  Lexi Rose Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:48 am

Waking up an hour early is just another reminder of why my plans went south. Some asshole thought I was a thin-blood. I'll give him his eventually. A lot of my problems require other people if I'm going to solve them. I can't really get in contact with anyone for another hour. Such is my curse. I'm gonna check my email, then I'm going shopping for some thigh-high boots.

It might seem silly to do some girly activity while my life is falling apart. However, If I'm going to work well, I'll need to feel good. A nice new pair of boots from 5th avenue seemed like the way to go. I'm going to check my email. Anything short of a boon being called in and I'm going.

Picking up the pieces. Giaro-black-shiny-giaro-elegance-thigh-high-boots
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Picking up the pieces. Left_bar_bleue4/10Picking up the pieces. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Willpower:
Picking up the pieces. Left_bar_bleue2/4Picking up the pieces. Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Health:
Picking up the pieces. Left_bar_bleue6/7Picking up the pieces. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/7)

Back to top Go down

Picking up the pieces. Empty Re: Picking up the pieces.

Post  Malakiel Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:44 am

Giving a quick check on the computer to get informed about the latest news in hotmail.com and check her space in Geocities, just to keep in touch with her interests and look for appealing content.

Since she moved out of Boston her financial life hasn't been the same, the lack of customers left her with just her saving that now were her only source of resources. At this point, she remembered how her schedule used to be tight with dates from different and most important men and women in Big Boston, now seeing it empty was a shocker, even more to see her bank account, since $4,000 were all that was left of her capital.

When she first took her flight to NYC she dreamed to purchase some of the items she used to see back in her humans days but back then she wasn't as huge as she ended right before Josef found her and offer her The Embrace, she unfortunately didn't have the chance to enjoy her success while she was alive; and now cutting her ties from Boston had costed her a lot.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:00 am

Maybe 5th avenue is a little out of my price range. For now anyway. I'll call it a reward for getting my unlife together. For now, I'll find one of those sex stores that specialize in fetish stuff. I'll need to find out if there are any fetish parties happening soon. I'll also need to make cards and advertise. I'm sure I can figure out how to make cards on the internet.

It's been days since I've had a drink. That should be priority #1. I'm only a little "street smart", so it might be hard for to find some coke addict. I've been told not to think of my narrow taste as a bane. Think of it as being refined. Another reason my clan is better. Right now I call it a pain in the ass.

Maybe I can't bring order to the world around me. At least I can bring order to my appearance. So tonight I'll be wearing a black business suit and a white shirt. Classic. I might need to run tonight. So flats for sure. I'm thinking a sock bun for tonight. Give me that "sexy librarian" look. OOC I don't know enough about makeup to comment on what she does there. At least now I look in charge. Even though I still don't feel clean.

Picking up the pieces. Bel-Black_pic1

In an hour's time, I'll call my sire from a payphone. figure out where to go from there. For now, the sex store.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Picking up the pieces. Left_bar_bleue4/10Picking up the pieces. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)
Willpower:
Picking up the pieces. Left_bar_bleue2/4Picking up the pieces. Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Health:
Picking up the pieces. Left_bar_bleue6/7Picking up the pieces. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:20 am

Lexi stands in front of the mirror to make sure all details are cover as she gets ready for the night. She looked sleek and ready for whatever the night may shoot at her, while still feeling a tad down due to the last two night events, hopefully she'll do better tonight.

Once outside she gets to the nearest payphone and dials Josef's home phone number. A few rings after the familiar voice of his butler answers.
"Wellington residence, good evening. How may I help you?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:56 pm

I thought I was going to do this later, but now works too.

"It's Alexis Rose. When Joseph wakes up, tell him that I'm alive and that I'll call him later. I don't know what he's heard, but he needs to hear it from me. Also, ask if he knows anyone that needs work. I could definitely stand to get some boons my way."

After that I hang up. I'm gonna go to Kinkos first. Make my business cards. Then when I go to the sex store I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

"TAXI"
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:34 pm

"It's Alexis Rose. When Joseph wakes up, tell him that I'm alive and that I'll call him later. I don't know what he's heard, but he needs to hear it from me. Also, ask if he knows anyone that needs work. I could definitely stand to get some boons my way."

Lexi shoots the order at her Sire's ghouls confidently but instead of a response, acknowledgement or obedience she found only silence in the phone line. Then she hangs out without reply, feeling something fishy.

"TAXI"

Taxi systems in New York were particular in many ways, for example she had yelled Taxi three times by now and none choose to stop and gave her a lift. While the people at the opposite site of the sidewalk had better luck, it was strange for her compared to Boston.

Then a homeless toothless guy pushing a shopping cart sympathizing with her frustration says to her, without any particular reason to help her.
"This side is good if you're heading to Harlem but no taxi ain't stopping at this hour..."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:14 am

As I said, I had a little bit of street smarts, but not much. At least I'm smart enough to know there's no such thing as a wallet inspector. I'm guessing that means I'm heading across the street. I'm not trying to go to Harlem.
I turn to the homeless man. Half anticipating him to attack me.

"Thanks for the advice."

I tell him before heading to the crosswalk to cross the road.

Now that I have time to think. I start fantasizing about what I'm going to do to that biker that threw me into the river. One idea is to stake him, castrate him, and watch as he gets tan. I get 2 extra hours on everyone else. Like the Thin blood, he thinks I am.

The problem with that is he's bigger and probably tougher. Maybe even a deoblerizer. I'll definitely need help for that. To get the help I need people to know I'm the real deal. Maybe that woman I'm blood bound to will help. Assuming she isn't in a worse position than me right now. One thing at a time.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:33 am

Once on the other side the street getting a cab was way easier, in no time she got downtown finding a Kinkos office right away. The place was crowded even at these hours, with people getting in and out constantly. Many kinds of people, as she gets out of the taxi a couple of musicians probably from a jazz band were exchanging comments about her new record publicity.

Taxi Fare: $60 (you've left $3940)

Once in front of the store she walks in finding a large rectangular showcase where many kinds of papers, markers, pens and other suitable items could be seen. Behind it was a troop of employees making copies, plotting blueprints and printing all kind of stuff: from happy birthday banners to bottle labels and everything in between.

To Lexi's left was a ticket wheel and right in front of her across the employees only area was a big square digital screen with red led lights to mark the pass of numbers as they were called by the service. Currently attending to number 78, Lexi had 97.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:51 pm

I guess all there is to do right now is wait. Doesn't bother me. If you're bored then you're boring. Isnt that what they say? I can use this time productively to think about what I want them to look like.

Something laminated with a picture of me in a latex, biting a bent riding crop, looking all scary. My email, new phone number, ECT go on there so they can contact me. I know that this could make it easy for enemies to find me. Except i have to make a living. I've done this before in Boston. I'm ok with computers. I can make it look good.

Mistress Lexi Rose. Once upon a time that was just a stage name. Now that I'm undead and know that there are supernatural things can hurt my family, it's legally changed. I hate being this dishonest to my mom, dad, and sister. Although i also understand the importance of keeping them safe. I should call them some time. Let them know I'm not face down in a sewer.

Looking around, there are a lot of interesting people here. They say the freaks come out at night. I guess they all go to kinkos. Something fun I like to do is guess which clan would want to embrace someone. A fun new form of people watching. So I'm not allowed to be bored.

OOC That last paragraph is about that wikipedia exerpt you mentioned.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:05 pm

Numbers went one by one until it was Lexi's turn. The moment she approached to the showcase the man ina worn out kinko's uniform looked at her curious and shocked at the same time. How much make up a woman need to look that pale? he wondered, still said nothing.

Finally he said.
"Welcome to Kinko's.. how can I help you?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 pm

Shit. I forgot to use blush of life. I feel like if I use it now I could lose control again. I'm so thirsty. If only I was a better person. Then I wouldn't need to use blush every time I go out. Forgive yourself Lexi. A lot has been on your mind. You just forgot to do the thing that keeps you from getting tanned by religious extremists.

"I would like to make some business cards, please. Something laminated and nice."

Relax. I'm sure a lot of sick looking people come in here at night. He doesn't think vampires are real. Caine help me. I need someone in this room to be a white male coke addict. I'll seduce him and feed in the bathroom. Men can be stupid like that. Just please, don't let me die right after I struggled to get out of the sewer. Get the cards, get a drink, look human, get on with my night.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:32 pm

"I would like to make some business cards, please. Something laminated and nice."

The employee takes a folder containing several samples of paper that she could use, each with a price for a hundred (full price) or fifty cards (70% of the full price). Adding cool features like color, relief, metallic ink and pictures increases the price but are also available for her. They even had a cabin for instant photographs among other complementary services, all at her disposal.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Rose Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:59 pm

I should've brought a cd with my posing dynamically for these cards. I'm not exactly dressed for a photo now. I'll get something cheaper than I wanted now. Later I'll make something better. For now, something red and reflective.

"I'll take 50 of some of these reflective. I want the card to be red with black ink. Please."

Gotta be polite.
Lexi Rose
Lexi Rose
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:38 am

The guy pulls out a black construction paper with a red reflective feature across from the folder: it looked really cool. The guy said. "This is the finish you'd get, dull black construction paper and our printer can put this strip across in red if you like... what would you want it to say?

Do you want the letters in low profile? please select your style from this folder."
taking out another folder full with sheets covered in plastic with thousands if not more letter examples, some carved inside others bold in high relief over the paper.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum