World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Whispering Death

Go down

A Whispering Death Empty A Whispering Death

Post  Guest Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:53 pm

I had been 12 for about a month when sobo told me there would be someone new very soon. It only took me 3 weeks to spot the dark and brooding guy in the shadows at night like a creepy stalker. I told sobo about it and she went out in the dark to face the shadow man. I was so scared for her but was surprised when I watched them talk for a long time in the night air. She brought the man in the house and introduced me. This is when my life changed forever.

The man was sobos great great grandfather. Of course it was a joke meant to make me laugh, right? The guy couldn't be older than 30. I was told stories of dragons and magic then told they were not myth but legend. I was told stories of secret worlds hidden within our own. Then I was shown this world. It was a lot to take in. Every girl dreams of dragons and unicorns being real. Even me. But when its proven, its a shock. He watched me train from the shadows and only at night for a few months then came back and told sobo he would take me for special training. She was silent for a long moment then called me. I froze. I wasn't supposed to be listening. He opened the door and looked down at me sternly but I could also see pride in his eyes.

He began testing that very night. It was like a pop quiz and super hard gym class at the same time. In the rain. At night. I hated it but the challenge was something I enjoyed so I had mixed feelings at the time. I was embraced before dawn and was put in a new building for my own safety during the day. I was given the following night to explore the being I had become. This is what I chose, right? I wanted this. A life in the shadows. A life away from the anger of the world. I life as something as different as the way I felt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Ghould Life

It was my first year as a ghoul. I turned 13 but haven't changed since that night in the rain. There was much to learn and many responsibilities to understand. Papa Haru taught me many things. I learned to see in blackness. I learned how to keep my new life a secret. Learning to protect myself was hard. I suffered many wounds learning to time my movements precisely. I was drained emotionally and spiritually only to be pushed a little further. Papa Long was more relentless than sobo. I hated him and loved him at the same time. I wanted him to greet the sun but also knew I needed him.

I was sent to do things on the mountain. I hated those stairs. I always ended up in a different place and had to find my way to get anything done. Sometimes I was sent to pick berries, other times I was to fetch water. It was usually pointless and tedious. On the plus side, my legs were very strong and I could sing smoothly without breathing hard when I ran.

Year One

((for later))I made it! I'm finally kindred!

Year Two

Year Five

Year Ten

Year Twenty

Year Forty

WIP
Anonymous

Back to top Go down