World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High School and the like (Flashback)

2 posters

Go down

High School and the like (Flashback) Empty High School and the like (Flashback)

Post  Malakiel Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Final days at High School were a dream come true for most people, for some others it was the end of a nightmare, and many had a sad goodbye to welcome a new life, full with opportunities and perspectives. For Tristana it was Friday.

Her friends and her, if that's what you call the group of people you gather with to depress together and pick on the weak for entertaining purposes were also captivated with the idea of leaving the James Madison High School at Sheepshead Bay. Still their level of cynicism was enough to pretend they didn't care, although Trist knew deep down that she was alone in that feeling.

As the date for Prom's Ball was approaching Trist and her boyfriend were preparing to do something else. Mark wasn't a bad guy, although the seventeen year old bearded guy with spikes and bendable pocket knife did gave the creeps to some people from time to time. Overall he was caring, good sex and smart enough to avoid being in jail by now. Still they were not the 'planning' type of couples, he'd just show up in his custom motorbike and wait for Tristana in front of her mom's- to go somewhere but nevertheless some ideas have been poping up about it.

For Tristana there was another problem, a problem to worry about called GPA. She had been mainly a good student, too smart for the average class mate and clever enough to cheat properly when needed to maintain a good average in her grades. However, to obtain an scholarship 'good' wasn't enough, after all she wasn't that great sucking and didn't had a dad and mom that could pay for her tuition in the Goddamn Manhattan Art.

Sure she could continue as a replicator but studying at the M.ART opened a whole new deal for her. That place was absolutely out of her possibility until a couple of weeks ago when she earned with 'her work' the opportunity for a full scholarship, only if she could achieve the necessary GPA, or at least compensate with something, so she needed to consider one or two options and the most likely was to get an extraordinary rating at the SAT to secure being chosen by the selection committee.

Smart as she was she studied for the SAT exam but she needed to do something else... and fast because the exam was in two days, just before the Prom Party.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

High School and the like (Flashback) Empty Re: High School and the like (Flashback)

Post  Jessica Thorne Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Tristina never really got what all the fuss was about towards the end of highschool.
Life changes, you move on from one lackluster scenario to the next. It was just another part of growing up and moving on.
Pretty soon she would be holding down a job, going  to college and moving out of her mothers house. Most young adults would see this as a opportunity for freedom, but for Tristina it was just another thing she was expected to do. She held no strong feeling for it ether way.

She had no real desire to make truly anything out of her future, though she felt that others expected her too.  She just saw things she needed to do as one of many roads ahead she would travel down. A small part of her hoped that one day she would find something that she could be passionate about, something that could hold her intrest and fill that void in herself... But she didnt hold her breath. Though that didn't mean she would stop searching.

By this time she had long since lost most of the memories of her 6 year old self and the dreams attached. She felt dead inside, often just going through the motions in life to get by. When often questions about her Melancholy attitude towards life she would simply respond in a Cryptic Gothic way that.. " Nothing is wrong with me, its just that I died along time ago... My body just doesn't know it yet...."

Tristina never talked about her child hood, or that night with the creature who nearly killed her. She hardly recalled such things...  Time had blured her memories of Flick and Robert and her mind filled in the blanks of what she thought that happened.

There was never any monster, it was just something her child hood mind created to deal with what really happened.
Her mother's boyfriend charmed his way into there lives with false hopes and dreams but in reality he was not who he seemed to be. Prehaps he was some sort of child abductor who prayed on her mother's weakness and need to have a man in her life.

Tristina was convinced that Robert had abducted her and done something horrible to her when she was 6. So horrible that it  traumatized her and she spent a great portion of her childhood going in and out of doctors to try to work past it. Tristina believed Robert to be some sort of pedophile who abducts children and does god only know what with. Luckily  the cops  showed up at the  Museum  and found her, driving Robert off. Supposably in her mind Frederick was another victim of Robert  for he was also missing as well  and God knows how many other children . Tristina was conviced this was the case... Of course what else could of happened?

Life was, what it was.... Tristina took little interest in the end of the year activitirs.  She wanted it to be done so she could more on to the next stage in her life.

She was never broken up with all the goodbye her peers seemed to get all choaked up about. People  In her life and her friends would come and go, she would always be able to meet new people and make new friends. Even her boyfriend fit into this  category, though she would never admit it to him. She thought that would be a bit rude and not understand her perspective.
Even having children was never a desire for triestina. It all seems like such a bother. Why give life to something when it will just grow up and leave you alone like her siblings did to her mother .  Why bother giving life to something that doesn't appreciate your sacrifice . No tristina would have none of that. Her time can be much better spent doing other things then trying to raise a family. She didn't even know if she could love a child, even her own.

She wasn't sure if her current boyfriend ever understood her. She honestly didn't think anyone did. As much fun as he was, she would not shed one tear if they parted ways when she went off to collage in the city. But of course she never let him know this. She always tryed to make sure he knew just how important he was to her in her life. Even it it was a beautiful lie.

But now other problems were on the horizon, Tristina needed to figure out a way to ace the SAT test so she could be accepted into the best Art  art college in Manhattan. God knows financial aid only goes so far, and her mother could hardly pay for it especially since most of her money went down the tubes in a bottle of night or to help out her sister and her grandchild.
Something Tristina was annoyed about.
There was how ever another  option that she could look into, but it might end up destroying her mother's life.

A school counsellor had informed her that there are certain government programs that she could be enrolled into if there was some sort of sign of domestic abuse within the household. This added funding along with financial aid  could bypass the need for a scholarship . Clearly her mother's alcoholism could be the Catalyst for such a claim. But was Tristina really that evil as to make a convincing false claim on her own mother Just to get what she wanted.
She wasn't sure, so she saved that little bit of  ammunition in case she absolutely needed it.

Tristinas pondered her options over and over again in her head. Even though her grade point average was good and she would buckle down and study for the test...  she didn't fully believe that it was going to be enough to Ace the test to ensure that she got what she wanted. And she would have none of that. But she didn't know how to go about this short of cheating. She thought perhaps one of the IT students might have access to the answers to the test. Her friends in the IT department have always helped her before with various tests throughout the school year, trading and buying information. But this was the SAT could she really count on them? And what if she was caught cheating.... as she thought and thought about this she almost felt it would be easier to apply for that Financial abuse burden her counselor has told her about. But still she wanted to have some options.

During the last week of school while her friends and fellow classmates were celebrating, Tristina was hatching a plan. She discreetly asked around some of her friends in the IT department in her High School and various other teachers and aids , probing them for information on who might be the one running the test. She fained that she was nervous  and would feel better if she knew  it was one of her  own teachers  she had  who was picked torun the test .She had to find out all information that she could, if she was lucky it was someone who was fond of her And wanted to see her make something of herself.
Jessica Thorne
Jessica Thorne
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

High School and the like (Flashback) Empty Re: High School and the like (Flashback)

Post  Jessica Thorne Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 pm

So much is on Tristina's mind. She sees the problems, the obstacles ahead and a few options. All that she really isn't in favor of.
She wasn't a uncaring monster. She does love her mother and she didn't want to throw her under the bus just so she could help get into art school. But it was an option she had to consider. For right now she was heading out. Maybe hanging out with her boyfriend and getting some fresh night air might clear her head and give her some insight as to what she should do.

Tristina grabs her bag, and she heads out to meet her boyfriend who is waiting for her patiently
Jessica Thorne
Jessica Thorne
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Mark motorcycle's radio was on playing some old heavy metal music...

High School and the like (Flashback) Y7IRubg7N_9rN6QZy-XfPgFJYOFizf6VV8G2IQe29Hk

...when he notices Trist's arrival turns on his chopper and waits for her to kiss her lips and open mouth feeling eachother's piercings. Just to say hi.

Mark says.
"Hey There Trist. Where to?"

Taking the hint of going to the Cyber Cafe by the bay, she puts his helm on and drives there. Thinking what does she has to do with a nerd at this hour... still no further questions are asked.

Once there, Peter a good fellow and extremely cappable human being when it comes to computers awaits in the inner side of the 24x7 cybercafe. An small place with eight computers, a coke machine and groseries. Basically a hole in the wall where hardcore gamers can enjoy a T3 wired internet connection.

Peter didn't used any of the old desktop computers there, he brought his own Alienware laptop to use the peripherals available, like mouse, keyboard and monitor. The little overweight guy was dressing an Rammstein t-shirt with black jeans, while sucking a big vase of coke cola as he was playing Tibia, the MMORPG of the hour.

When he sees Tristana he smiles and salutes her politely without taking his eyes of the monitor, asking for a chance to enter the sanctum. When he moved his pixeled character there he was able to talk, turning to her and partially paying attention to the game.
"I am all ears... " he says.

During the conversation Tristana learns on how the ESAT test system works. Random questions are selected from a large pool of public questions that are regulary updated and modify by some commitee, some where. Happens that the test arrives already printed in seal boxes, the same test for the entire institution with its valid answer table for teacher eyes-only.

That test arrived this morning to the High School.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thorne Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:32 pm

After finding out the information a deeply annoyed look over took her face.
▂▂▂▂Tristina▂▂▂▂▂▂
"....well fu*ck me. I am screwd. If i dont get a scholership to  Art College... I'm screwd. I need to get in!
And the only way I can think of is if i can manage to ace the SAT. I'm going to be stuck in this hick town forever living with my fu'kn mom. ... Ugh

It's bad enough that the woman is a drunk and going through some kind of existential crisis at her age and having empty nest syndrome. She doesn't even want me to go away to college. She would be perfectly happy if I settle down with her version of a 'nice guy" and pumped out a few brats just so she can feel special again. But I sure as sh!t ain't doing that.

I might have to resort to some serious underhanded shit, short of selling my soul to the devil. But that would be a possibly at this point".

She said jokingly

ugh .. Pete is there any way to find out what teach' is giving the test? "
Tristina asked with desperate and wild ideas of resorting to B&E the teacher:s home or classroom at night to get the answer key, or to straight up black mail the guy. Tristina's voice raked of desperation as she pleaded with Pete trying to figure out what she should do.
Though Tristina still had the desperate option falsely accusing her mother of abuse so she could sign up and get the funds that she needed to get into art school. Though she knew such a accusation might destroy her mother and hers relationship.
Jessica Thorne
Jessica Thorne
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Tristana and Mark goes outside to talk more privately and he smiles at Tristana considering his kind of options and once they were alone he says.
"I think so, yes..."

He was probably thinking burgling the school or some teacher's home...

Then he continued.
"What about if we go now at the school into the Principal's office and steal it?"
To Tristana's knowledge Mark was more than cappable of breaking in the school, actually he had done a few time to make some graffitis on the walls, destroy public property and even once he was arrested for having a party in the school's diving pool.

His bunch, an small group of rebels with whom he expended his time when he wasn't with Trist, where famous for their misbehavior.

The problem laid in another issue, doing so without being noticed. Otherwise the exam would be changed and all the work would be for nothing...
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thorne Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Tristina thought for a moment. Christina knew the type of crowd that Mark ran with. They cared very little for the destruction of public property and often were very proud of the damage that they caused. This particular job however needed something with a bit more grace.

▂▂▂▂▂Tristina ▂▂▂▂▂
"....yeah kinda exactly what I was thinking...we should do this tonight. It can't wait. But this needs to be handled delicately Mark,  we can't go in there to do a smash-and-grab. We have to find what we're looking for, make a photocopy of it or something and put back without anyone being the wiser.  If we dont do this right someone will notice and  reset the test.
We seriously need to do this with some cat like Grace...
It might be better if I do the duty deed, all you got to do is get me in luv. "
Jessica Thorne
Jessica Thorne
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:03 pm

Mark nods and they take off immediately to meet the rest of the 'guys' at the school. The plan was simple, keep it simple. Trist goes in and makes her thing while the rest stands by outside, to help in case of any complication.

The school is, as many buildings in New York, vertical with little to none back yard to enjoy. This in particular has a secondary building with the gym and part of the administrative offices on top. At the top floor of the main building is the Director's office. Tristana knows it well, thanks to Mark but she's more known by hanging with him than causing real problems.

As the motorcycle raid advances toward their objetives, Sarah one of Mark's guys' girl start to comment that this will be a difficult task, to infiltrate: as many public buildings the top floors of the school and the few laboratories with valuable equipment is warded with security cameras. So it's almost impossible to get in without being catch on video but regular burglars do not reset the SAT test, that's just part of the routine.

Kelly the last one of the girls in the 'Guys' crew recommends a ski mask to hide her identity and offers one in case Trist didn't brought hers.

High School and the like (Flashback) FRSQ2VUFI6OIUATX2R73CS2YIM

Everything was ready, and Mark pulls open a crack in the perimeter fence for Trist to get it following her up close to pick the gym's lock to let her in. The side building was half the height of the main building and a quarter in area, both made out of concrete and thick windows.

The school by night was even more creepy than usual, every shadow looks like a threat and behind every corner seemed to be a security guard or a ghost, or something scary. Trist's nerves were at top.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thorne Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Tristina takes mental note of the obstacles ahead and starts to mull over the camera problems. And takes the offered ski mask.

▂▂▂▂Trisyina▂▂▂▂▂▂
".... "humm OK my sexy little hoodlum,
She said playfully to Mark..
".... Do you think I can get your friends to cause some "property damage' and cut the power to the faculty  building and knock out the back up generation ? I need those camras off... even with a ski mask they will know someone was there... I need to be smart about this. I can work in the dark no problem... that's what they made pen lights for. "

Tristina kisses her boyfriend deeply in there usualy way
▂▂▂▂▂Tristina▂▂▂▂▂
"....Well wish me luck sexy butt.  -hee- I'm going to need it. "

Tristina moves quickly to her destination once inside, dawning the ski mask and keeping a eye out for campus security.

She knew that she would need to keep mark with her to pick the offices lock. She wasn't 100% she could do it on her own and if she needed more time she could send mark to try to distract the security guard, while she sneaks away.
▂▂▂▂▂Tristina▂▂▂▂▂
".... Just get me to where I need to be, then play look out... I'll try to be fast 'bout it. ... Just dont do anything reckless... K babe."

As they made there way throw the darkened school, things were creepy indeed. And once the buildings power was tripped the building would be darker still. Being that any track lighting would be out. At least it would be easy to see the security guards flash light.

Tristina tryed to slow her breathing, and steady her nerves. Part of her felt that this was the equivalent of some Jewel Heist like in the movies, only on a smaller scale. Tristina's mind wreaked of desperation, this was her future, and she wasn't about to leave things up to chance.

Once the office door was picked, she slid into the room like a cat and began her search, heading straight for the principal's desk, leaving mark to keep watch.
Jessica Thorne
Jessica Thorne
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Tristana is obviously high. According to everyone's opinion.

First she's always been the 'good girl' in the context of the 'guys'. Marrying material for sure! Always studying and getting the rest out of trouble. The best joke when anyone was trying to annoy her was to call her 'mom' that would make her snap for everyone's amusement but tonight was different, she was asking for trouble and NOW to attack the electric grid to deactivate security cameras! Kelly finally asked with an afroamerican tone.
"DAMN GIRL! What's gotten into ya?!"

Everyone was asking the same thing in their own minds and Mark was the one to cut it off.
"She's been there for us, hasn't she?"

The subject was drop as the group gave the support she expected. Mark and her got into the building...

Mark whispers.
"Are you sure about this? I mean, going on like this?..." Did Mark had second thoughts? Certainly not on robbing and breaking in. Per haps on helping her leave his side...

The path was more about knowing how to squeeze through than breaking or picking locks. They even went through an open window to reenter by another in the upper level using the fire stairs, passing from one class room to another that was connected to avoid a security camera and so on.

Eventually they got to the top floor and the creepy, scary feeling had escalated tremendously. Tristana was shaking on her knees as she was about to steal the SAT test from the Principal's office. Definitely different to that one time when she had a five finger discount from Victoria's Secrets. This was serious...

The electricity didn't went off... every camera was still activated and Mark pulls down his ski mask is seems ready to proceed nevertheless.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thorne Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Kelly;
DAMN GIRL! What's gotten into ya?!"
Tristina raised a eyebrow at Kelly's question.
In reality she wasn't quite sure, maybe it was desperation. To Tristina if she didn't Ace the SAT and get into art college she would be stuck living with a alcoholic mother and build in baby sitter for her sisters kids, until she poped out a few brats of her own. That option was NOT on the table and Tristina would do anything she needed to to make sure that life never happened.

▂▂▂▂▂Tristina▂▂▂▂▂
"....Well you are only "bad" if you get caught... I'm not getting caught as long as I can count on you guys.. . "

Tristina turned her attention back to the task at hand.

Mark;
"Are you sure about this? I mean, going on like this?..." Did Mark had second thoughts? Certainly not on robbing and breaking in. Per haps on helping her leave his side.
Tristina pulled up Mark's ski mask to the point just above his nose. She pulls her own mask to the same length and kisses him deeply.
▂▂▂▂▂Tristina▂▂▂▂▂
"...Babe you know I love you, dont second guess this. I need this.
You and me, we will always be a thing. Even if I move to the city... You are not losing me if I go to art school, I'll only be a few hours away... "

Tristina said trying to treasure him. .this

Besides this should be a  piece of cake.
In and out... Easy-pea-z ... "

Or so she hoped.

Tristina slipped throw the window with little trouble, she was annoyed that the power was not shut off. But thought it could not be helped.
▂▂(surface thoughts)▂▂
<. God damn it... Those guys had one task... ONE TASK!..>

As Tristina moved along the claass room corridors to reach her destination,  the creeping feeling of this might not have been such a great idea started to catch its way into her

▂▂(surface thoughts)▂▂
<. Dont panic!.. Dont panic... Dont panic... Breath... Everything is going to be fine... Just breath...you can do this.>
Tristina kept trying to tell herself, but she was extremely on edge. To the young girl this was the one thing that would change her life forever, there was no going back now.

Once their destination had been reached she waited a little while longer just to see if that Rowdy group of Mark's friends had actually done what she had asked, though at this point she wasn't holding her breath.

"... listen I have a back-up plan, if your friends don't manage to kill power to the building we're just going to go old school vandalism on this place... Killing the cameras  first . Nothing stolen... Just roughed up. I'll get a copy of the SAT. And put it back in place so it looks like that was not the target of this. I don't think we're going to be able to get out of this without getting our hands dirty....  "
Still Tristina waited a little to see if luck was on her side tonight.
Jessica Thorne
Jessica Thorne
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Mark nods and go back on his tracks to the previous offices in the top floor. Kicking doors and looking for anything valuable: money, drugs, guns... whatever can do, will do.

For Tristana de scene was wrong from head to toes, she knew Mark was following her plan but it ain't look pretty. When they finally reached the Principal's office Mark took a cane from Mr. Smith's office to hit the cameras hard, knocking two down and the third turned away of the line of sight, right after he kicks the door open.

While Mark was messing the Principal's office up Tristana thought <Mrs. Lawson will not be happy tomorrow>

She takes two steps into the office and starts looking for the key inside the archive, until suddenly two things happened: first she found it and would be able to copy it if Mark doesn't get to the copy machine first; secondly, in the corner of her eye Tristana notices a person standing right under the open office door looking at her in the dark. Almost killing her with a heart attack!
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thorne Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 pm

Tristina didn't like it, but her options were low. Mark was making enough noise to wake the dead, and when the Principal got to school in the morning, there would certainly be hell to pay . Though she would have to admire Mark's enthusiasm for being Reckless. Mark was getting a little too into his work.

Tristina looked around for the keys to the files. She wasn't 100% sure where to find the test key for the SAT. But she was going to pray to what ever god that would listen that she finds it fast.

She fumbles around the administrators archives looking for the key, it took a little more time than she had planed, Mark was well on his way to finishing his acts of vandalism on the office when she called out...
▂▂▂▂Tristina▂▂▂▂▂▂
"...yo! Not the copy machine! Not yet! I still need it.. Turn that b!tch on for me will ya?"
She said in a harsh whisper.

Tristina was able to find the key while the copy machine started to go through its warm-up phase.

Time was wearing thin she knew it.
This whole thing was screaming that this was a bad idea, One wrong move could make this whole plan go quite South.
But she was desperate.

Tristina rushed open the  drawers to the file cabinet, quickly trying to find her well-deserved prize. Grabbing ahold the file with the SAT key .

▂▂(Surface Thpughts}▂▂▂
<..gotcha' ! Come to Momma you sweet son of a b!tch! .>

she turned to make her way to the copier, but stopped dead in her tracks has she noticed the figure standing in the darkness by the open office door staring back at her. at her.

▂▂(surface thoughts)▂▂▂
<..fuk fuk fuk I'm so dead! .>

She stood there like a deer in headlights for a good moment... there was no getting out of this,  she was seen. And it was at this moment that she realized that she was far past the point of no return . Tristina dashed  to behind the  empty principal's desk  sliding to the floor in a panic . She was nearly losing her sh!t. She would be arrested for breaking and entering and vandalism .
Tristina tryed to keep a level head, but she
went into fight or flight mode.

▂▂▂▂Tristina▂▂▂▂▂▂
"....YO! We got checked!   "
She hissed to Mark in a harsh whisper. she wasn't sure if this would end in a assault charge too. Ether way she knew she was fucked.
Jessica Thorne
Jessica Thorne
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:50 pm

Mark turned to the door looking for the spotter and then back to Tristana confused.
"By who?" he whispered.

Tristana took her head out, looking at the door. No one was there.

The copy machine was ready.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thorne Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:05 am

Tristina poped her head out form behind the desk and stood up. Her nerves were shot and paranoia started to sink in.

▂▂▂▂Tristina▂▂▂▂▂▂
"...I  swear to freaking God that I saw someone in the doorway staring right at me. "

Tristina shook her head,
"....do me a fav luv and check the door while I make this copy. We got to hurry and GTFO!"

She was stressed and her heart was pounding like a drum. As quickly as she could muster in the dark she made a quick photo copy of the SAT key and stuck it in her bra for safekeeping.

After she slipped the original file back to where she found it,  taking great care that it went back just the way she took it out.
She gave Mark the signal to trash The copier so no copy files could be found on the master disk.

((Not sure if copyers in this year ))

Tristina finishes up, and grabs Mark's arm.
▂▂▂▂Tristina▂▂▂▂▂▂
"....OK let's jet Sexy! I don't want to spend any more time here than i got to... We were already been here too long.
This damn place gives me the flip'n willies... I'm. Seriously about to lose my sh!t. "

She immediately started making her way out the way they came, Only with a great Hustle in her step. She got her prize and she wanted to get away from this place as quickly as she could before the cops show up.
Jessica Thorne
Jessica Thorne
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:11 am

By the time they were outside the school's silent alarm had done it's job calling three police cars that were surrounding the building with no sirens or police lights whatsoever. At this point the 'guys' were around the police cars , at very far distance and when the couple emerged from the building they threw high a cluster of stones, making them rain over the police cars and some impacting one of the officers, distracting the agents for enough time for Mark to grab Tristana's arm and push her through the fence outside of the perimeter.

Mark followed right after and went straight to tackle the other police officer that was about to jump over his girlfriend. That caused the other cop to start kicking Mark's face and pulling him off the first agent to handcuff him while Tristana in the middle of her confusion and driven by fear and the 'fight or fly' mode she ran all that she could leaving her boyfriend behind, effectively taking off from that street.

She had made it...
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thorne Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 am

((Imagine that this song starts playing in the background as Tristina watches from afar.))

From behind the fence lines she saw Mark getting tackled by the cops.
Tristina knew that she had taken far too long inside, she cursed at herself for being so foolish. And now she felt powerless to get her boyfriend out of trouble that she put him in... . Tristina knew nothing could be done at the present moment. At least at this point

Tristina wasn't stupid, she had read plenty of her sister's old law books from her youth while she was board. It was one of the few things she hung on to once her Sister tanked her life and got pregnant by some trucker.

Tristina liked Law, it was easy enough to understand. There were rules and  consequences for breaking those rules set in stone.   And if you knew enough about the sistem you could bend the rulrs. This was one of the few things that she understand compliantly.

Many times Tristina had used what she knew of the law to get Mark and his  rowdy friends out of trouble. Speeding tickets, tresspassing, breaking and entering ,  graffiti in public property  and small acts of vandalism.  Kelly even joked she should go into law school instead of Art school. And sometimes Tristina thought that too.
She always seemed to know what to say to get Mark and his frends off the hook for minor charges. Though Mark might be facing more charges than just a criminal misdemeanor . In no way was Tristina a lawyer, but she knew enough about law to predict how this was going to go down.

Mark was going to aleast spend a night in jail. Tomorrow she would need to go down to the station and pay his bail, and wait for a attainment hearing to plead his case to a judge in open court.. a defense lawyer would be appointed to his case and Most likely he would pay a huge fine, plus community service. Luckily Mark was under 18 and would be treated as a minor. .... Worst case he end up expelled and have to go to Juvenile Detention. And lets be honest, he would have ended up in jail at some point, A small price for love she thought.

Tristina makes her way to  Mark's motorcycle,  pops the helmet one and starts the machine. She reves the engine and takes off headed towards home.  She had completed her goal, and got her prize. Now she would have to study the key and prepare herself for the shitshow that she would have to endure tomorrow once the school opens. She would be expecting it would be utter chaos from the teachers.
Jessica Thorne
Jessica Thorne
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:26 pm

The night ended at the usual crib where the 'guys' roamed after an incident like that. Another two of the them were caught by the COPs and they were accused of being accomplices of Mark's felonies at the school. As usual none of them gave away names from the rest of the crew and sucked in like men they were.

There was no blame to share, Tristana had done what Kelly and rest has too. Still there were wounds to lick and plans to be made to get out recidivist felons like this bunch out of the sack. The charges were not just misdemeanor, destroying the school and attempting to destroy the electrical grind were serious offenses, an entire block was blacked¬out due to their conduct.

They spent the night and the bail was set as a percentage of the damaged caused, leaving them all behind bars. Only Oscar had his family coming to pay the two thousand dollars per head the court was asking to release them until trial. Mark on the other hand had no real family and no one known with that kind of money to start with. Hence he was fucked.

Two days later with her worries still present Tristana went to take the SAT and aced it as expected. Granting her right away the full scholarship in the Manhattan Art Institution of New York City.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum