World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The eyes of a monster (Hunter)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Empty Re: The eyes of a monster (Hunter)

Post  Hunter Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Hunter knew that there would be some kind of sparring when Haquim invited him to the center of the room. He knew he would probably lose considering their first fight. He was ready for that, calm and collected. What he didn’t expect was just how brutal it would be and how it would trigger a burning hot rage that he was battling to keep in check just as much as he was Haquim. It was bestial, bringing images of tearing the threat a part with his fangs, he kept it in check by telling himself that Haquim was no threat, that this was only for instruction and there were no real danger. It became easier when the choking proved impossible, the kicks and punches noticeable but little else.

The gun took him by surprise though, he instinctively bared his fangs and growled, getting ready to jump Haquim when the shot came. It was like the bullet killed the fight response, the bestial instincts went dead quiet as he looked on the red spot on his chest. It hurt but not nearly as much as the last time he was shot, when he was human.
"Focus on the wound feel its pain, be aware of it. You're damaged."
Before his eyes the wound closed, stitched itself together, leaving only a faint smudge of blood. He most certainly wasn’t human anymore.

He smiled his fanged smile at Haquim.
”Incredible!”
Hunter
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Willpower:
The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/3The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Health:
The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/7The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Empty Re: The eyes of a monster (Hunter)

Post  Malakiel Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:02 am

Haquim walked around Hunter acknowledging his awareness of the Beast and reserving another time for that lesson, he still needed to talk about Doyle's new body and teach him how to perform.
"That's just an small part of being a vampire. Your body is dead weight in the water, you will not float, will struggle to swim unless you do something else. Also you don't have vital signs, no heat signal for devices to pick, among many other changes that I will be teaching you.

For example..."
Haquim takes a lighter to the front of Hunter's face and kicks it burning the air. A flash and sudden flame took him for surprise but his reaction was even more surprising for him: in the split of the next second Doyle was in one corner of the room cowering, his mind running wild about the dangers of fire.

Haquim yelled.
"THIS IS THE RED DEATH!"

After a dramatic pause he continued.
"Your body might be stronger than mortals' carcasses when it comes to punches and kicks or even gunfire but its nearly flamable when it comes to fire, specially the heat from the sun, even its indirect heat will burn you to ashes."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:23 am

"THIS IS THE RED DEATH!"
Hunter cowered in fear from the flame, his rational mind muddled by the instinctual terror caused by fire. He had moved faster than was humanly possible, the Beast had used his blood to activate the Celerity to get away as quickly as it could but Hunter was not aware of this in any way. He could think of nothing but fire and the fear it brought.

"Your body might be stronger than mortals' carcasses when it comes to punches and kicks or even gunfire but its nearly flamable when it comes to fire, specially the heat from the sun, even its indirect heat will burn you to ashes."
He shakingly picks himself up, standing on uncertain legs. His eyes fixed on the hand holding the lighter, fangs bared but lips slowly easing down. The terror was unbelievable and he fought hard to beat it back.
”Fire bad, sunlight worse. Ok, but what the hell kind of reaction was that? I had no control, it was… instinct...”
Hunter
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Willpower:
The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/3The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Health:
The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/7The eyes of a monster (Hunter) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:06 pm

”Fire bad, sunlight worse. Ok, but what the hell kind of reaction was that? I had no control, it was… instinct...”
Haquim nods and says.
"That question will have to wait for a proper answer... for now I'm teaching you about your body, your vampiric soul and the Beast within will be explained later."

He made a pause and continued.
"As you can see we have prepared your body, cleaning it to the point of cutting your hair. That's because your body will return to this particular form each night.

During the day our body falls into slumber, imprisoning us within, leaving us helpless until the night rises again. During the slumber your body will grow any part missing: nails and hair for example and will expell any non wanted material from it, like ink from a tattoo and bullets that may be caught inside if you were damaged. That's the way you will look like for the rest of your existence as a vampire on this Earth.

Do you understand?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:05 am

Hunter nodded, accepting Haquim’s decision to explain the nature of the Beast later.

If he understood Haquim correctly he would never truly change from the way he looked now. Whatever changes were made to his appearance would reset at the next sundown, to the extent of even regenerate lost limbs. That sounded good to him, and he was happy that his hair had been cut and his beard shaved. The hell of having to shave every single night was spared him.

He nodded again.
”Yes, I understand.”
Hunter
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:13 am

Haquim nods.

He gets out of the sparring zone and sits back on the bench waiting for Hunter. Once both are sitting he says.
"In the old nights all these teaching would be given by proper instructors, almost never the Sire itself takes the teaching of the Child in his hands. It is a way for the Clan to make sure that the candidate is worthy of the gifts bestowed on.

Many Aspirants, the Fida'i, are tested extensively and then the Tribunal decides if the existence of the Fida'i is allow to continue. When the time comes you'll be also presented before the Tribunal and if you're assested as worthy, you'll be a full member of the Clan otherwise you'll be destroyed with mercy... but fear not, in either case I'll keep my Oath and protect your family with all my strength."

He takes a moment and then continues.
"Rafiq, full members of the Clan are competent warriors, cautious spokemen and wise in the ways of the Great Haquim our Prophet and First of our name.

Each of the few Assamites that are in New York City will be teaching you an important lesson, make sure to learn it well. Each one of us has a vote deciding your destiny in the Tribunal."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Hunter follows his Sire back to the bench and sits down. He listens to Haquim’s words and nods along, showing that he both hear and understand what is said.

That he would be put before a tribunal, judged and possibly executed if found lacking first made him mad, something stirred in the back of his mind and he unconsciously bared a bit of fang before his rational mind caught up; of course the clan needed to test new members and make sure they’re suitable. Not doing so would be like handing out badges and guns to anyone walking into a police precinct. And the Assamite were trained assassins, not just vampire cops, of course there would be safety measures to make sure that fida’i were competent and capable.
”I understand. Of course the clan needs to decide if a fida’i is up for the job, doing otherwise would risk our entire purpose. And thank you, I… I’m even more grateful than you know for what you do, and will keep doing for my family, no matter what happens.”

He doesn’t expect a reaction from Haquim to what he said, instead waiting for the continuation.
”So everyone helps in the training of fida’i. Seems like a good way to do it, to build relations and camaraderie amongst the clan. Who are the others? How many are there in the city? What can they teach me that you can’t? I mean, no offence but with your age you must be like the most experienced vampire walking?”
Hunter
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:56 pm

”So everyone helps in the training of fida’i. Seems like a good way to do it, to build relations and camaraderie amongst the clan. Who are the others? How many are there in the city? What can they teach me that you can’t? I mean, no offence but with your age you must be like the most experienced vampire walking?”
Haquim nods.
"I'm the highest rank in the City but hardly the Eldest in our Clan. The Sultan of the Alamuth is over two thousand years old my Childe. Compared to him I'm young.

In this territory there are five loyal members of the Assamite Clan, Followers of Haquim the Powerful and Wise. Each will teach you a lesson required for your Rite of Passage to become Rafiq, a true Assamite.

Chang Feng will be the first, he is the most proficient assassin in New York City and probably this entire continent. He will teach you how to move faster than any human, he's the fastest among us. The rest you will meet after each passing test. I will be the last to test your abilites and then you'll be presented before the Tribunal for the final decision."

He made a pause and said.
"You will be satiated of vitae until your training is over, the Clan will provide for you but remember when you become a full member of the Assamite you shall not receive any blood from other kindreds except those you're prepared to drain empty of their souls.

Come and drink."
he said opening his wrist open with a long cut up his arm, letting crimson vitae to flow out, calling for Hunter to nurture from.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Hunter couldn’t take his eyes of the blood flowing from Haquim’s arm. His senses was overwhelmed by the soft swoshing of the blood moving, the complete silence where he expected a heartbeat, the powerful dark red color and the smell… oh the smell of it, it was entoxicating…
”Come and drink.
He knelt down before his sire, grabbed the offered arm and pressed his lips against the wound without any hesitation. He had barely registered the offer, it all happened on instinct, driven by a craving far beyond any hunger. Something inside him wanted more, it wanted to take every last drop of the precious blood and it took Hunter all of his willpower to break away when he was satiated.
Hunter
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum