World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychology Session and removing trauma.

2 posters

Go down

Psychology Session and removing trauma. Empty Psychology Session and removing trauma.

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Eliah hire a psycologist to attend to Margaret and help her overcome the trauma. He was also there, in the back of the room as support in the session but the The Shrink, a caucassian man called Roger Smith instructed him not to interfere with the session or come near while they were at it.

Each session lasted an hour or so, always at night after The Shrink finished his private practice, Eliah sent for him and finally arrived. The room selected was the first floor library, a quite place away from the usual noise and movement of the house. It was dark and just a foot lamp was on while he sat in a comfortable reading couch and she laying in a divan of sorts, very comfortable indeed.

Psychology Session and removing trauma. The-library

Half of the session was about her, her childhood, happy moments she had lived and relative she held in high steem. These memories were also painful, an inner conflict between Margaret and Samantha was at hand as the doubt of what was real and what wasn't always present, distorting the happiness she could remember. The Shrink reinforced the notion of happiness, explaining that her kind of Amnesia wasn't about forgetting, more about reiventing your life, denying what hurted her and filling some of those holes with dreams and longings of what she wanted deep down, a common life per haps, away from such luxury.

The other half was about the kidnapping situation. He was very skilled about making it feel less than important, almost like she saw a movie, taking away all emotions associated with it with some sort of hypnosis, no memory was altered in any way, she remember everything but like a black and white movie, something she could barely relate with herself living at all.

By the end of the week she was in peace with herself.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Psychology Session and removing trauma. Empty Re: Psychology Session and removing trauma.

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:48 pm

It happened bit by bit. Each new memory replacing a piece of Sam with one of her own. Like a jigsaw in reverse.

The process was uncomfortable, it felt like part of her was being ripped away even if it were all a figment of her imagination, a product of her fears. It was hard to think of ‘Sam’ in that way.

But they were right it became easier each night, the ever present figure became a small voice till it was all but silent.

She could sleep again now, a deeper sleep without the nightmares of that night, or the false life she had created. Now she was ready to move on, to be useful again.

Do you think I’m ready Dr Smith. To get back to life fully? she asks the Doctor, but can’t resist a look over to Eliah in the dark corner.

I’m anxious to get on with, well living, rather than just be a drain on everyone
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Psychology Session and removing trauma. Left_bar_bleue14/14Psychology Session and removing trauma. Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
Psychology Session and removing trauma. Left_bar_bleue1/1Psychology Session and removing trauma. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
Psychology Session and removing trauma. Left_bar_bleue7/7Psychology Session and removing trauma. Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Psychology Session and removing trauma. Empty Re: Psychology Session and removing trauma.

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Roger had been examining her for almost a week now. She felt different, more energetic and ready than ever, per haps more happy than she ever remembered to be. The last sessions were more psycology than hypnosis per se. We was really good at his job and gave her many tools to help her feel more in her skin. For example to make a diary of whatever she remembered. To call the relative or phone numbers she remembered and reach for people of her past.

Also adviced her to take it calmly, she didn't need anxiaty in her life right now. There were hopes more than practical advices. She felt than whenever she was ready, she could start recovering her old life and become again herself. While Eliah advice caution as the loving husband he was, The Shrink prefered to take action and live fully when she believe it was the time.

To answer Marge question, Roger made another.
"What do you think Margaret?"
Psychology Session and removing trauma. Roger_10
Roger Smith 1738-1769
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:25 pm

I think it would be good for me to visit my practice, familiarise myself with the place.

Maybe even take on a case it two if I feel comfortable, it will do me good to stretch my mental muscles.
she answered, feeling confident in her decision. It is a small step, and shouldn’t be at all stressful.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Psychology Session and removing trauma. Left_bar_bleue14/14Psychology Session and removing trauma. Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
Psychology Session and removing trauma. Left_bar_bleue1/1Psychology Session and removing trauma. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
Psychology Session and removing trauma. Left_bar_bleue7/7Psychology Session and removing trauma. Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Eliah ventured to intervine with a comment between Margaret and her psycologist. Advicing against the impact of New York could have on her. Roger dispached Eliah with a simply comment about who is the one with a degree in psycology and how lousy would him advicing on the real estate business. Eliah back down and then The Shrink said gazing upon Eliah, like trying to hynotize him.
"Destiny reaches all Eliah. You can try to run from it but all mortals are under it, be wise to remember it."

Then looked back at her.
"You're a strong woman Margaret. Trust yourself."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:12 pm

That is what my strong willed husband has told me.

Perhaps we are a little too alike at times.

I would like to visit first, travel into the city and just get my bearings. Being there will help me establish what I’m truely ready for.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Eliah smiled and said.
"It will be arranged my Queen."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down