World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern

2 posters

Go down

Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern Empty Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:49 pm

Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern Whitehorse+tavern+at+night
Urban Leyend: Haunted place:

Around the White Horse Tavern a very old Irish pub frequently visited by poets and writers is a residential building with its own parking lot at street level, lately transformed into The Manhattan Psychology Centre. Where Roger Smith, The Shrink of Malkavian Clan had his Haven.

The building itself has several incommunicated rooms, only accessible by secret passages inside the walls. An attic, with blocked windows and one secret basement below. This eerie looking place is also the home of Dylan Thomas a renown Wraith and Roger's acquintance in recent nights.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern Empty Re: Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Roger stop the car and activated an small remote control to open the side gate to the parking lot. The car lights projected a human shape shadow for a brief moment making Madison uneasy due to the presence of another ghost in this place. In a moment she could have sworn that a man was standing the very gate and the next it was vanished.

Roger entered confidently to the building and the gate closed behind his car. The building surrounded the parking lot and the only ceiling above it were the night and the stars. On what it appears to be the main entrance a sign says "Manhattan Psychology Centre". At this point several other door, without a cartel were around the place to different parts of the building, almost like a maze.

The car stopped and the lights went off. Roger opened his door and said.
"We're home."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:57 am

Maddy looked at the window and took in her surrounding. She could feel Madame M take a particular interest in the Pub.
<oh look... A playground right outside the door ♡ The inebriated  always make for easy toys>
The Madame Said with a playful smirk.
<no.. Behave. > Madison ordered with some authority. <we have rules, we are a guest here...>
<yeah .. Agree... Never sh!t in your own back yard>
Wolf added as he starts taking a mental note of the surrounding buildings and landmarks. He paid particular attention to where the doors were located and different Vantage points invade of possible ambushes or quick needed Escape Routes.
We were in a War after all. And knowing your surroundings is one key to I'm surviving the unexpected. Never underestimate your enemy.

Maddy's eyes open wide as she saw the shadowy figure vanish, it sent a bit of a chill up her spine especially being in a strange place under somewhat of an eerie atmosphere.
"Did... You.. Just see that?"
She question as she turned herself nearly around in her seat to keep her eyes on the location of where she saw the shadow.
<I saw it>
<me too>
<what was it?... A trick of the light?>
Maddy sat back down in her seat proper feeling a bit unsettled...
"Yeh... Trick of the light... Sure I'll go with that..."
She muttered softly not truly believing it but as long as she didn't think about it at the moment and she wasn't going to try not to be scared of it.

"We're home."
Maddy smiled at these words, the word home made her feeing comforting. From any memory that she recalled ,she has never known where Roger lived.
This was exciting and a bit scary at the same time.

She gave Roger a little nod and followed his lead.
She opened the door and stepped out. She paused for a moment and looks around taking in her new environment. She looks towards Roger, she could tell that she was trying to maintain her cheery disposition so she was probably a bit unsettled by what she saw or the atmosphere around her.
As they walk together she clung to him very closely like a scared little kid trying to find safety by being  near their parent.
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:00 pm

Sudden reflection in one of the windows:

Madison and Roger went to one of the many untagged doors in the inner parking lot. He had to use a key and once inside a austerous room, minimalist even, appear as he turned on the lights. Just one small table against the right side wall with only two legs. It had one drawer that Roger reached and put his empty hand inside, did something and suddenly the opposite wall slided open, revealing some stairs going down. Unlike the rest of the building the walls in that tunnel were thick stones as the stairs.
"Come my Childe" he said.

Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern H2

At the end of the room one coffin and one bed.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:18 pm

The sudden reflection appearing in one of the windows made Maddy scream like a little girl.
Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern Maddy110
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!"

< Holy Sh!t What Happened?Are We Under Attack??>
Wolf said startled by Maddy's Scream.
< Maddy, calm down.. You are Safe. Roger would never let anything happen to you... Focus. > Madison ordred
Maddy took a breath and looked at Roger. She gave a sight giggle and stepped away to his side.
"Umm... Hee-Hee I'm sorry... I guess I'm just a little jumpy... Its been quite a night"

Maddy said trying to show she wasn't scared.

As Roger went to open the passageway Maddy looked around ...
< oh darling... Talk about a room that needs a woman's touch.. Heehee >
< yes... Well... This isn't quite what I was expecting to be honest  >
Maddy watched with some  amazement that there was a hidden passageway.
"Roger... A hidden passage?.. Well arnt you full of secrets... Heehee
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Roger looked back to Maddy stranged for her reaction and said.
"What happened? Did you see a ghost?" he smiled.

"Don't worry he won't harm you, he is the Keeper of this Haven during the night. The other servers will surely come in a minute. I want to introduce you." he said.

After showing her around, explaining that yes, he slumbers, not sleep but slumber inside a coffin and he prepared a bed for her until she ask otherwise.

The place had several strange areas, for example some kind of Library but instead of books were several black magic objects, like pieces of animals and "other things" in jar full with liquid, next to a table with many handbooks piled one over the other.
"My Love, this area is very dangerous and the things here are very valuable. Please don't touch anything until I teach how to use it properly."

After a few minutes the door upstairs made a sound as it was being opened and seconds after some steps easily heard in the stairway to the basement. Three shadows were cast by the luminaries in the last part of the stairs and soon enough two men and one female appeared, all caucassians and all wearing a black uniform.

The first man, uniformed and armed with a pistol. Later refered as Jason
Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern 1_midi

What
As Madame M imagine the "Help":
The woman. Later refered as Victoria
Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern UD350102_BLCIN

The last man. Named Victor.
Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern Man-in-tuxedo-stock-image-1374570

Roger introduced everyone with and to Mad-Wolf, his daughter.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Maddy I don't give a slight chuckle and her embarrassment at jumping out of ghost...
Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern Maddy110Roger's Haven: White Horse Tavern Ic110
Ghost... Yeah... Never going to get used to that Hee-Hee.. makes me wonder what other surprises are around the corner... Wait did you say that you have servants???... Like a secretary? Or like Butlers and maids and stuff?
Maddy honestly didn't think that Roger had the money to hire Butlers and Maids or you don't seem like the type of person who would have them

After showing her around, explaining that yes, he slumbers, not sleep but slumber inside a coffin and he prepared a bed for her until she ask otherwise.
Maddy really didn't understand the difference between sleep and slumber and she gave him a questionable look. She also looked at him like he was a bit crazy when he said he slept inside her coffin instead of sleeping in bed.
um... A coffin... a little cliche don't you think? I mean is it customary for vampires to sleep in one?.... does it give you any benefits?... I mean you know opposed to sleeping in a bed like a normal person. Which I'm definitely coming to the realization that we are not normal. But still don't you think that would be a bit uncomfortable. Can't be  Good for your back heeehee...
She said making a little joke, she found it very amusing that he sleeps in a coffin

The place had several strange areas, //Library but instead of books were several black magic objects, like pieces of animals and "other things" in jar full with liquid, next to a table with many handbooks piled one over the other.
"My Love, this area is very dangerous and the things here are very valuable. Please don't touch anything until I teach how to use it properly."
Maddy nods as she examines the contents of some of the things in jars with her eyes only. Not daring to touch any of it.

That's the sounds for coming down the corridor into the basement level Maddy turned her head in curiosity. Upon seeing the man with the pistol she got slightly nervous and anxious and took one step behind Roger.

Wolf immediately snap to attention and started sizing the man up trying to determine his Threat Level.

When they were introduced as Roger's Staff, Madame M seemed truly surprise, if not a bit disappointed. She was truly envisioning a French maid outfit on the females servant, or even perhaps on the male servant... if that was a kink Roger enjoyed.  Razz

Madison simply stayed calm and millirant and watched the actions and behavior of these new people.
Roger introduced everyone with and to Mad-Wolf, his daughter.
Maddy gave Roger a surprised look when he introduced her as his daughter.
"oh?.. Um.. Hello! "
Maddy said in her usual friendly manner trying to be upbeat and Cheery. But she couldn't help but feel awkward at his statement.
<did he just introduce us  as his daughter?.... Well that's going to make sex awkward >
Madison said with some sarcasm in her tone.
< Well Sugar, some men are into that kind of thing....♡ Heehee I don't judge♡>
M said with a very seductive tone
< ugh.. Would you two shut up.
Vampires don't have sex. WE ARE DEAD.
Has any of you acrually looked at what we look like lately ... We are a freaking cold dead walking corpse!
Very sexually unattractive... unless you're the type of person into necrophilia... seriously.
Vampires are killing machines . We Are Monsters .
Forget about that crap you see in the movies !
If you don't believe me just think back to tonight's experience has it been romantic or sexy at all ??>

There was a sudden shock of Silence in Madison wolf's head. Even the dominant personality on the surface of Maddy went silent and twitch slightly.
If she wasn't already dead looking the color would have drained completely out of her face at the realization of what Wolf was saying to her.
The thought of not being with Roger in a loving capacity as a wife would their husband was unimaginable, and she had no idea how to process those feelings.Maddy kind of mentally checked out for a moment and just kind of stared off into the distance as she tried to wrap her head around what was being told to her.

After a moment she kind of Snapback to reality looking slight more off then normal, through she still did her best to maintain her pleasantries. Though Roger could tell something might have been wrong.
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:16 pm

um... A coffin... a little cliche don't you think? I mean is it customary for vampires to sleep in one?.... does it give you any benefits?... I mean you know opposed to sleeping in a bed like a normal person. Which I'm definitely coming to the realization that we are not normal. But still don't you think that would be a bit uncomfortable. Can't be  Good for your back heeehee...
"Vampires are walking corpses during the night and inanimate carcasses during the day. We don't feel during the day, we barely exist at all. Non of us ever dreams, just revive memories over and over again. During the day only the Beast is aware but still encaged until danger appears.

There's no need for comfort, just safety. That box won't open from outside and is well protected against sunlight, fire and even gunshots; unlike a normal bed.

Vampires do not eat, or drink anything except for blood, which isn't digested at all. Our organs, all of them, are dead, we feed on the traces of our victims souls left in their vitae, nothing more. Lesser beings like animals also nurture us ineficiently, other beings like werewolves and faeries can also maintin our existance but at great risk as their blood has severe countereffects on us that could even destroy us, as could happend if we ingest poisonous or defiled blood that sometimes our enemies offer as a trick"

On the Help arrival Roger changed his attitude and said to them.
"You will care for her as it was me, protect her with your lives and helper in every way you can. She has alot to learn yet. Victor we have almost a century together, guide her well if I'm not present and call me if you need."

The crew kneeled before Roger and as a chorus said.
"Yes Master."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:07 pm

As Roger started to explain things, Maddy's jaw literally dropped.
inanimate carcasses???... We don't dream?.. So what?.. We just.. Black Out till the Night?...
Well I guess that answers my question of what name parts do during the day..

She said trying to stay upbeat from this sad revelation.
god.. So during the day that monster inside of us is awake and just waiting to rip somebody's head off.... Peachy.
I guess you don't want to disturb a sleeping vampire then... Hee-Hee... you might wake up to a massacre.

There's no need for comfort, just safety. That box // well protected against sunlight, fire and even gunshots; unlike a normal bed.

You got people shooting at you? In your bed?..
Okay I have a question if these vampires that want the Camarilla vampires dead... I mean deader then they all ready are... We don't need to worry about them during the day? Right? Because won't they be asleep too? … though I'm taking it we have other threats to deal with then just the vampires of the Sabbat.

She said just about answering her own question.

Vampires do not eat, or drink anything except for blood, which isn't digested at all. Our organs, all of them, are dead, we feed on the traces of our victims souls left in their vitae, nothing more
What?... you telling me you Vincent was not joking? Vampires really don't eat anything? You mean I'm never going to get to eat a pizza again?? Or tacos...NO TACOS???
Ohhhh nuuuu... Say it ain't sooooo
She said in an overly exaggerated and dramatic fashion... More playing and being cute then actually having much true emotion to it.
Here her guess I'll never have to worry about getting fat.... Ugh being dead has so many drawbacks...
What about alcohol??  coffee?? Shots of espresso? Come on.. It can't just be blood?... Can it

She said with a genuine small whimper as the thought of her never being able to enjoy Starbucks again cross her mind.
So gross...
She said mildly complaining about it

Lesser beings like animals //werewolves //faeries can also maintin our existance but at great risk // that could even destroy us, as could happend if we ingest poisonous or defiled blood that sometimes our enemies offer as a trick"
yeah... definitely going to make a point to stay away from those things. But.. Um. How can we tell if something is safe to drink Or not? What about blood diseases? Like HIV or Aids? Can we catch that?... I mean its 1999... People are not really that safe.. Ya know?...  

Maddy's questions rambled on and on until they were interrupted by the staff showing up to which she retreated into her own mind to have a discussion

After snapping back she seemed a bit out of sorts but try to focus on Rogers words.
You will care for her as it was me, protect her with your lives and helper in every way you can. She has alot to learn yet. Victor we have almost a century together, guide her well if I'm not present and call me if you need."
Maddy gave Victor a little polite nod
Jesus Roger... Protect me with their life ? Heehee what are you paying them for that Type of service... Hee-Hee though I'm sure it's a figure of speech, I could never ask anyone to give their life for mine.  
She said taking what he said as a bit of a joke.
wait... did you say a century?...Hee-Hee you're not serious are you?
She questioned and then thought back to Rogers tombstone in the graveyard and she started counting with her fingers up the years trying to determine just how old Roger was. Still her mind found it impossible to believe that this man could have been and Roger services for nearly a century
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Roger made a hand sign and all servants left in silence. Then he turned to his Childe and said.
"My Love tomorrow you'll understand how we sleep. There are things you need to try, to experience yourself in order to understand it. No explaination can replace your experiences. Give yourself time to me for explaining what I can and help you through what I cannot.

For now I wish you to rest well in your slumber. I'll see you tomorrow night."
he kissed her in the lips and went to his coffin to slumber. Closing it tight from inside.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad-Wolf Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Maddy had so many questions.. So many things she wanted answers for. But perhaps Roger was right, something's to just have to learn by experancing it.
As she goes to rest in her new room her mind thinks about the incident in Roger's car . It was probably the scariest part of her entire night it was more frightening than even the guards with semi-automatic machine guns in the Asylum, the Primogen Bard, Haquim and the Venture Prator combined.
It scared her to the core, but there was still a part of her that was fascinated by it.. And that part was Wolf. She knew if he had the opportunity he might just start poking it with a stick. She knew that she would have to find a way to prevent that from happening. There will be no telling what she could do if that monster was off its chain.
And some how Wolf laughed at this.

Maddy hung her head and nestled herself into bed, kickinking off her shoes. Everything she knew about the world was wrong. And she had a lot of learning ahead of her, she knew this. She also knows that Rodger was right... she is crazy.
She will never be normal and she was strangely okay with that. Now the being good thing and not being able to eat tacos or drink coffee ever again ....
Well that was a whole other thing entirely...
She grumbled to herself about that for quite some time before the sun came up and forced her to rest.
[End The Night]
Mad-Wolf
Mad-Wolf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum