World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crown of Beasts (Star)

2 posters

Go down

Crown of Beasts (Star) Empty Crown of Beasts (Star)

Post  Malakiel Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:23 am

After the duel was over Brian went to the Thrones to salute his godfather and Lord Randolph. He was still shaking due to the reminescent effect of the Dreadful Gaze but he was fine. He looked down to Star and smiled greatly, proud of himself and the victory, in a combat that hardly had anything to do with his renown as a brawler but a contest between Brian's force of will and all kindred's against him.

When Brian shaked the Seneschal hand smiling both knew how the real combat was fought and they recognize it silently looking the other straight in the eye. Lord Valentine was watching the intense look among the kindred as the first step for mutual recognition, hopeing this whole Gangrel Ventrue conflict was walking to its end.

Lord Randolph said.
"I'm truly impressed Sir Hell Song. Quite a remarkable display in that arena."

Brian said.
"Thank you Seneschal, that armor did put me in trouble. For a moment I thought I could not pass it."

Lord Valentine intervined.
"You did a great combat Sir Hell Song, it was unexpected to fight Adam in such a way, to be honest I was expecting a blood shed in this fight."

Brian replied.
"It was expected of me but for me Adam is a good lad. He did offended my Clan but my fight was against the prejudice and all those kindred that still think our clan relationships as they were in darker ages.

Destroying him was expected of me but wouldn't that make me even worst than those I oppose? I was careful to teach a lesson to the neonate so he could meditate on his mistakes in another night."

Randolph expression was serious and silent, indeed a lesson was taught but not just to the neonate. He needed to meditate on everything that went wrong. From the failure in the dominated thrall that offended the Gangrels, to this duel and everything in between. Lord Valentine could now admit to himself that he respected the Gangrels, not because they were an asset in the inner struggles of Clan Ventrue but as valuable allies.

The Seneschal said.
"Sir Hell Song we should meet in private with your godfather Lord Valentine to discuss my Childe's Quest.

Lord Valentine please show us the way."

The Chess Master nods and the three kindreds left the chamber to discuss this important matter. Meanwhile Count Hayworth was leading the ghouls to properly remove Mr. Brick from the scene and after it was done he spoke to the gathering.
"My Lords and Ladies, the Victory Ceremony will start shortly after the Elders have a word with the Victor Sir Hell Song of Clan Gangrel. Until then you're free to go to the refreshment area next to this arena."

Last edited by Malakiel on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Crown of Beasts (Star) Empty Re: Crown of Beasts (Star)

Post  Star Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:33 pm

Star sat with a smug expression on her face. She predicted many possible  outcomes, but a fair fight was never one of them. She was truly surprised.
Not only had Adam not pulled any dirty tricks but he seemed to fight with some  semblance of honor.
<There might be hope for him yet...>
She thought.

From Star's point of view the fight went remarkably fairly. Maybe she was truly wrong about Adam. Maybe there was no hidden plot and it was all just about the Ventrue Prejudice.
Ether way it no longer mattered.
Her Father preformed remarkably well and was able to prove that the Gangrels are not just beasts and animals. To Star this was the entire point of the duel.

Star smiled and looked at Phillip
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" So... What are your thoughts Mr. Lawless? It seemed Mr. Brick fought well. Sadly I might have expected underhanded tactics. I believe I was pleasantly wrong about him, he truly does seem to have some honor apart from his mistake. I'm glad to see it honestly. "
Star said with a smile, being completely unaware of the true struggle in combat that her father faced.

Star smiled warmly at him.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Mr. Lawless, would you care to accompany me to the refreshment area? I would like to get a closer look as to who our Guests are. There are so many prominent Kindred here and so many unfamiliar faces. It might be nice to be polite and mingle, or at least say hello. I'm interested in gauging what others thought of this duel. Indeed perhaps my Father has started turning the tide of the Prejudice and stereotypes in some of their minds, but no doubt it will take more than one display to change the opinions of some. But it would be nice to see what effect Sir HellSong has accomplished so far.... Wouldn't you agree?."
She said with a smile, speaking properly.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Crown of Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Crown of Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Crown of Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Crown of Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Crown of Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Crown of Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:56 pm

So... What are your thoughts Mr. Lawless?
Lawless seemed rather baffed or upset about the duel.
He whispered to Star.
"I don't know what was that but it wasn't a duel, not a traditional one anyway. Brick didn't thrust or attack Hell Song, in the whole fight. What did any of them prove that can provoke a frenzy better than the other?

I was expecting a martial display not a stareing contest."

" Mr. Lawless, would you care to accompany me to the refreshment area?
Lawless stood up and waited for the Lady. He said.
"Of course my Lady, let's join the rest."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:36 pm

// that //wasn't a duel, not a traditional one.//anyway.// What did any of them prove that can provoke a frenzy better than the other?// I was expecting a martial display not a stareing contest."
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Yes . ... I see what you mean. Though perhaps I have never truly witnessed a "traditional Ventrue duel"... So I really can't compare. I for one expected more bloodshed and brutality, but that's just me. The tactic of trying to get each other to Frenzy is a little lowbrow for a King though... Well at least in my opinion. I'm happy my father was able to hold back the beast unlike Mr. Brick.

Though if the main objective of this dual was to get each other to frenzy I could think of a hundred more interesting ways of doing it than to make a display of it in a duel. Like who could conquer "the red fear", now THAT would have been entertaining... But I digress.

My father proved his point, and Mr. Brick was defeated by his own lack of self-control and will no doubt have to live with a  wounded ego and his lack of showmanship in the duel. I guess in the end that is all that matters...

Star shrugged and thought for a moment
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" though now that i think of it... Something seems off... Im asuming Mr. Brick is a King's Knight and not a Socialite yes?
Was this Mr. Brick's 1st duel?... Has he studied under Count Hayworth at all? .. Why would he resort to such tactics of trying to make Sir HellSong frenzy.
Everyone already expected my Father to act like a stereotypical gangrel.... Why feel the need to provoke it rather than duel property? What would be the true point? .... Maybe my father truly-truly did intimidate mr. brick so much that he didnt want to risk any injury to himself.... But that would be cowardly. He had to have known my Father wasn't going to destroy him though..

I don't know... It seems odd. Forgive me for saying so but Mr. Adam doesn't seem like a warrior.. But than again who am I to judge.    "

Star said with a shrug getting up and wrapping her arm around Phillips.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Let's join everyone and Mingle, I would love to hear what others think about this match. "

Star walks with Philip to the refreshment area to join the other kindred
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Crown of Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Crown of Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Crown of Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Crown of Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Crown of Beasts (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Crown of Beasts (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:05 pm

" though now that i think of it... Something seems off... Im asuming Mr. Brick is a King's Knight and not a Socialite yes?
Lawless was still upset about the whole situation.
"Brick is ex SWAT, he was embraced by Seneschal Randolph a little more than a year ago because he is also the son of a very influential man, as far as I know. Anyway Adam is a warrior, he is the Eiren of Police Affairs under Count Hayworth command. He's well trained... I don't understand why didn't he at least did a good fight instead of hiding behind that much steel."

The refreshment area had all the kindreds reunited around a live band of musicians playing some rock and roll classics, in this case You're the devil in disguise by an Elvis Presley impersonator. The only ones missing where the Elders, at arrival Nathan and Jennie looked at Rebecca and only Jennie did so in a polite kind way. Next to them were the man and the strange bride holding a conversation with the previous.

On Lawless arrival he said.
"Excuse me Praetor Ellison, Questor Randolph, my Lady and Questor Spencer-Churchill. Please let me introduce Miss Rebecca Garrison, he is the natural daughter of Sir Hell Song and a guest of Lord Valentine in this house."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:04 pm

Brick is ex SWAT, //he is also the son of a very influential man, //Adam is a warrior, he is the Eiren of Police Affairs under Count Hayworth command. He's well trained... //
Star found this now even more puzzling. If Adam was indeed a warrior, why would he act this way in a formal duel. Presentation, ritual and Showmanship all seemed to be  very important to the Kings, Why would Adam not at least try to put on a good performance and show off his skills and training under Count Hayworth. To do so otherwise was to show a lack of respect to the Count. It might even be considered that the Count had failed to teach Adam properly. Star thought about this as her and Phillip joined the others.

at arrival Nathan and Jennie looked at Rebecca and only Jennie did so in a polite kind way.
Star greeted them both respectively and took note of Nathan's gaze at her.

< god damn it, is he still salty? Ugh.. I did apologize, guess it wasnt sincere enough  or means little to a high-&-Mighty snob coming from a lowlife mutt like me.  Fu*king rich kids. Probably thinks I'm dirtying his house by claiming to be a member of the Kings..   no lineage, no respect... I swear to god I need to earn some "Dignitas" respect stuff if I'm ever going to hope to have a chance making anything of myself in this Clan. >

Star thought as she maintained her politeness and stayed very respectful, she bowed to the Kindred.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Lord Praetor Ellison, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
She said and also acknowledged the bride standing next to him, figuring the Lord may have just gotten married.

Star turns to the two others
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Lord Randolph, Lady Churchill it is truly a pleasure to see you again. I hope that the evening is treating you all very well. "
She said trying to be very polite and formal.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Pleaae forgive our interruption in your conversation ... But If I may, my Lords and Lady.. might I inquire your thoughts on the matter of this duel.
I have had some time to reflect back on our previous conversation my Lady Churchill, and I have found great Insight in your wisdom. I wish to glean your opinion on tonights showcase of events to further grasp a understanding of it all.

Please if you see fit, share with me your thoughts.    "

Star said to all 4 of the kindred, acknowledging their superiority to herself And her genuine wanting to learn And hold their opinion in value.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:44 pm

" Lord Praetor Ellison, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Eliah Ellison Praetor of Real States for the Gerousia said.
"It's a pleasure Miss Garrison, Mr. Lawless may I present you my Childe Samantha Wilson, she is almost done with her Agoge under the tutelage of Lady Martha Ekindatter."

Samantha the kindred in the white bridge dress bowed like a Lady and said in a low tone.
"It is my pleasure Mr. Lawless, Miss Garrison."

I have had some time to reflect back on our previous conversation my Lady Churchill, and I have found great Insight in your wisdom
Jennie smiled falsely and said to Star.
"I'm glad you've found windom in such brief conversation Miss Garrison. Regarding the duel we were just discussing that point, surprisingly enough, exchanging some impressions about. Please join us."

Nathan said.
"I hope your father is happy now, to get out of his system the great offense of Mr. Brick."

Praetor Eliah said practically ignoring Nathan's comment to the more important point of debate.
"Personally I'd have prefered another kind of duel, Mr. Brick was shy in his martial display. Also I wonder, what was the point of causing Sir Hell Song to escape?"

Lawless replied, following Ellison's intent to leave out the poisonous comment of Nathan.
"I think exactly the same way my Lord Ellison, I was just mentioning Miss Garrison that. Eiren Adam Brick and I have faced countless combats in the short period of our collaboration, he's rather a brave and fierce kindred, quite resourceful as well when it comes to combat. I don't know why he attempted to dread out Sir Garrison."

Churchill intervined.
"My Lord Ellison, per haps Mr. Brick intention was to grind the Gangrel's enthusiastic display. I'm not a combat expert but seeing that much armor I bet he wanted the combat to last longer."

Lawless incredule look and baff expression about Jennie's comment was obvious. However he said nothing.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:15 pm

// I present you my Childe Samantha Wilson, she is almost done with her Agoge under the tutelage of Lady Martha Ekindatter."
Star acknowledge the bride with the utmost respect.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"My Lady, the pleasure is mine, I am truly honored to make your acquaintance. "

Jennie smiled falsely and said to Star.
"I'm glad you've found windom in such brief conversation Miss Garrison. Regarding the duel we were just discussing that point, surprisingly enough, exchanging some impressions about. Please join us.

<ugh.. Jesus Christ these people... OK remember my place, be polite. >

Star smiled politely and gave a small nod
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" of course thank you My Lady, I'm honored. "

I hope your father is happy now, to get out of his system the great offense of Mr. Brick."
Star didn't even so much as give a raised eyebrow to Nathan's poisonous comment, she wasnt abour to let this man get under her skin. though she did acknowledge Him out of respect
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Indeed Lord Randolph let us hope this is all behind us now."

Personally I'd have prefered another kind of duel, Mr. Brick was shy in his martial display. Also I wonder, what was the point of causing Sir Hell Song to escape?"
Star gave a nod, agreeing that the match was a bit disappointing. Though she hardly belived Adam stood barely a chance of winning against her father.
After all and stars eyes she idolized her father and he was clearly the superior Warrior.

My Lord Ellison, per haps Mr. Brick intention was to grind the Gangrel's enthusiastic display. // I bet he wanted the combat to last longer."
Star simply nodded to this in a silent bit of agreement, after all Lady Churchill's comment was not directed at her, nor was it Star's place to contest the Vampiress' views. She simply was interested in everyone's opinion on the matter, not to debate them. Star simply listened and tentatively to their opinions and took inventory of them.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:50 pm

The conversation went on for a while longer, as the musicians filled the air with pleasant melodies. None of them were agreeing on Bricks intention but was something worthy of analysing. Also a void was starting to be noticed, no one was mentioning Brian's display, not even a comment about it.

The gala was delightful, the decoration sublime and everyone was dressed exquisitely for the event.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Star stays respectful and minds her place in both the conversion and social standings. She only speaks when addressed and she takes note of everyone's opinion on the matter.

Star pay it no mind that they do not acknowledge her father or his achievement in winning this duel. After all why should they? This was not a personal win for Sir HellSong, it was a win for his Clan. Star knew after hearing from Nathan earlier and learning some of the Snobs true views of the Gangrel, the Kings would hardly want to acknowledge such a thing in polite conversation.

Star stayed very respectful, even if any off kelter viewpoints were made towards the Gangrel, her father, or even herself being a fledgling anti tribute.
She refused to be rude and step out of her place.
She simply acknowledged everyone's viewpoint, regardless of what it was and maintained pleasantries and showed respect.

Star enjoyed the gala, and being around kindred of High Society. Star was very glad that she had chosen the appropriate attire for such a evening, and even under these circumstances she enjoyed Philips company

Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:33 pm

Few minutes later Count Hayworth call everyone to the arena.

The Ventrue banner was removed and only the Gangrel heraldic remained. Count Hayworth was standing along Lord Valentine at the center of the square with Hell Song between them. Adam was sitting in the first line of the steps next to his Sire the Seneschal.

After everyone took their places the Count yelled.
"Hear everyone! Sir Brian 'Hell Song' Garrison is now declared winner of the duel for the honour of Clan Gangrel.

With the annuence of Lord William Randolph Seneschal, Lord Valentine Gioberti will now read the Quest that will be bestowed on Eiren of Police Affairs Adam Brick. Now stand up."

Adam and William goes to the border of the square, looking up prideful.

Lord Valentine says out loud.
"Sir Brian 'Hell Song' Garrison winner of this fair duel orders Mr Adam Brick to serve clan Gangrel in the Bronx precint as link to the Ventrue and Gangrel alliance in defense of the Territory.

He will do so until he attains Dignitas among the Gangrel, earning Status and Glory in front of thee Elders.

The Ban of this Quest is attempting to cause any disrespect for the Clan of its members so penance of serving the Gangrel in the west border to the lupine territory."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:08 am

Star's eyes floated to the Gangrel banner that was shown off with great pride. Star smiled thinking about how proud her father should be, he earned a great victory tonight for his Clan. Star didn't give a rat's fart about what anyone else thought in that moment, she was very happy for the Gangrel.

Mr Adam Brick to serve clan Gangrel in the Bronx precint as link to the Ventrue and Gangrel alliance //He will do so until he attains Dignitas among the Gangrel, earning Status and Glory in front of thee Elders

Star eyed Adam and a sadistic smile crossed her lips at hearing the details of the "quest". She had to force herself not to laugh. This was sweet enjoyment to her ears, and her mind was filled with the delightful images of Adam being forced to live umong the clan he  despised so much,  having to live with minumal accomidations and deal with the sights and smells of the Brox Zoo. Even more fitting is he would be under Commander Jezebel, and she would not hesitate  in striking down her wrath on this pretty boy if he stepped a hair out of line. This punishment was just too delightful.

The Ban of this Quest is attempting to cause any disrespect for the Clan of its members so penance of serving the Gangrel in the west border to the lupine territory.

<ha ha ha oh gawd it was nice know'n ya sh!t head ha ha ha>

Star smirked and her eyes scanned the room trying to read the other Ventrue's reactions. Star leaned close to Phillip to whisper something in his ear.
▂▂▂▂STAR[whisper]▂▂▂
" damn. .. Should we start a "dead pool" on Adam ? Hee-Hee  he ain't could to last long that's for sure... If I was Adam I would be super butt-hurt at the mother-fucker who put me up to this bullish!t in the 1st place hee-hee"
She whispers unable to hide the glee in her voice as her words lacked all formally,

Star smirks and starts to think and look at the situation from different angels and starts to whisper to Lawless again.
▂▂▂▂STAR[Whispering]▂▂▂▂
" or... Do you think daddy over there is going to pull some bullish!t boon out of his sleeve to rescue his baby boy if he fu*ks up and has to face the wolves?

No... Adam's Sire had to have agreed to this... Or he would be pitching a fit or be compleatly outrages.... But look at those smug pridful looks...

Humm.. maybe the Seneschal see this as a happy misfortune, hummm....with Adam being inside the Gangrel's stronghold they have an informant on the inside to relay any information on the Gangrels that he happens across. Relying information does not go against his Ban.
How interesting.... I wonder what their next move is going to be.... Its far from over..
This is a interesting chess game ..don't you think?"

Star took some delight at  analyzing the bigger picture and some of the obvious angles that she saw. She was starting to see the game through more than just a key hole, and yearning to see the bigger picture.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Star smirked and her eyes scanned the room trying to read the other Ventrue's reactions. Star leaned close to Phillip to whisper something in his ear.
The room longest faces belonged to William and Adam. Certainly were two groups, those openly angry about the whole situation, murmuring and whispering about the result, such as Nathan and Jennie and those just plain polite digesting this punch to the guts for a greater good: such as Lawless, Samantha and Eliah.

damn. .. Should we start a "dead pool" on Adam ?
Philip didn't even turned to look Star after this comment. Adam betrayed the Ventrue honour, that was for sure, he acted against Victoria and that was punishable. Celebrating another clan's victory, was just out of his character.

This is a interesting chess game ..don't you think?"
He certainly was still upset. Not just about the defeat but that Adam acted like a coward not fighting Brian.
"The Chess Master knows how to win this game... he seem to be sacrificing a pawn for a greater good later. Let's hope that play thrives as he had plan it."

Adam did a step forward and publicaly accept the Quest saying.
"I, EIREN OF POLICE AFFAIRS SWEAR THIS SOLEMN OATH BEFORE ALL OF YOU. I WILL EARN THE RESPECT AND RECOGNITION OF THE GANGREL ELDERS AS LINK IN THE ALLIANCE WITH OUR CLAN WITHOUT OFFENDING THE GANGREL CLAN IN ANYWAY."

Count Hayworth noded and looked at Brian who said.
"I ACCEPT YOUR OATH AS RECKONING FOR ALL YOUR FAULTS, FULFILL IT AND YOU SHALL BE REDEEMED."

Lord Valentine and Randolph acknowledge the ritual and took a roll of parchment, beautifully decorated with gold and silver. The paper went to Adam's hands for his sign, then to Brian, afterwards to William who used a hot wax seal pressed against Adam's sign, then to Valentine who used his own hot wax seal to press it against Brian's hand sign.

The parchment is expoused for everyone to see the handsigns and seals and then kept by Count Hayworth as proof of the ceremony. Then he said.
"THE CEREMONY IS COMPLETE. YOU'RE ALL DISMISSED."

Adam retired with his Sire, followed by Nathan and Jennie and Lawless stood up to go silently to Lord Valentine. When suddenly a shout broke the silence at far.

Last edited by Malakiel on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum