World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home amog Snakes (Leila)

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Home amog Snakes (Leila) Empty Home amog Snakes (Leila)

Post  Malakiel Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Pillar walked out of Elie's domains in perfect calm, it was easy to think that everything that just happend went under the carpet, just like that. He walked peacefully and even opened the limousine's door for Leila as a gentleman would. While on their way New York seem unsettled, there were alot of people in the streets, it was friday and the whole city seemed to be enjoyning a huge party, there were tons of young people in the street going and comming in a celebration frenzy. A few blocks away from the Lair, Leila could even see Pillar smiling to himself, like remembering a joke.

Before Leila could have asked he said.
"Elie decided to send you and Samuel to the party Leila. In my humble opinion I think he did the Right choice"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Home amog Snakes (Leila) Empty Re: Home amog Snakes (Leila)

Post  Leila Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Leila followed him along to the car. Her eyes kept glinting towards Pillar noticing that he'd settled into the same easy going relative calm manner. She slipped into the limo after he opened the door.

"Thanks" She murmured as she slipped inside.

While they drove through the streets Leila kept her attention on the streets. She studied the people and their busyness. Every once in a while her thoughts drifted to the threat Pillar left her with. She had to kill Sorayya, something she'd thought she'd already done. Clearly that wasn't the case.

She looked in his direction when he spoke and smiled at his revelation.

"Ah what an honor. I didn't know Dr. Garrison was back in town. Why do you think he and I are the right choice?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Pillar was serious in his response.
"Samuel is skillful when it comes to social enviroments, those are his domains and I'm sure that he will be able to avoid any suspicious that could fall over him, and you my dear Leila have proven many times that you're both easily forgotten and overlooked. For a reason that still eludes me it's hard to take you as a threat, even more to punish you as I've with many others before you."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Leila stayed quiet a second thinking on what he said about her. He wasn't the first person to mention her non-threatening and elusive nature. She wondered if Father Seth had granted her a reprieve from her life's horrors by gifting her with some kind of innocent and harmless vibe. It was both a blessing and a curse. How would she overcome this? How could she work with this? Yes, that's what she needed to do. She needed to learn to exploit this peculiarity. After all the implications of feigned innocence would allow her many manipulative advantages, chances to gain unfiltered knowledge and to surprise any foes or enemies with her truly monstrous nature.

Ideas began to spur on in her mind and her lips curled into a small smile. She didn't want to test her luck against Pillar so she let it dissolve as quickly as it came since he was being so serious.

"I see." She replied calmly, 'Being underestimated is always an advantage.' Her thoughts finished the sentence in her head.

"I don't ever want to learn what a punishment from you would entail. I hope to never again evoke such a response from you."

She appeared sincere, slightly scared and oddly pleasant as she watched him closely.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Home amog Snakes (Leila) Samuel-l-jackson
Pillar turned his face to look into Leila's eyes and said with dead serious tone in his voice.
"You did. Still, you did something to avoid my wrath. I comply with Elie, that's one remarkable talent that most be preserved. Nevertheless..." dramatic pause.

"...this tricks only work while overlooked. At least with me"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Leila threw her hands up defensively. Even though the space inside was vast compared to a normal vehicle she felt terribly caged in and defenseless against his wrath. She spoke softly trying to bring down the tension she was trapped in.

"I understand that, and I am terribly sorry for invoking that situation. I have vowed to make amends for it on your terms. But this is not a trick as far as I know, I can't even control it. If Elie thinks it has useful implications for our clans benefit I would like to learn how to use it as such. Brother, I still have a lot to learn and I'd much rather be on your side."

She brought her hands back into her lap and kept her cool.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:41 pm

Pillar returns his gaze to the window and says calmy and carelessly.
"aref mefismeki..." << translates to english from arab as: know yourself >>

Finally the vehicle arrived to the Lair, the words carved deeply inside of Leila, something in the way Pillar said it resulted impressive, like a mantra resounding with the Follower of Seth within her. Like a blow would have harm her body these words had an impact on her soul, opening a door to a question 'what lays in my soul?'.

The door opened and Pillar left the limousine and started walking inside of the building.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:08 pm

His words stabbed her very soul. They rang so incredibly true, she needed to learn what it is that she was fated with upon her change. She had tremendous power if she could only take the time to harness it. Once the limo stopped and Pillar left it she let her head roll on the headrest before she climbed out. Her shirt still stuck to her back where the leather in the seat didn't allow them to dry. She snaked out of the car and followed him inside the club.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:54 am

The couple went inside, there was the usual party. The pumping drums in the music, electronic sounds mixing with it and the stroboscopic lights hurting the Follower's eyes. It was a typical scene, people drunk, high and low with enough drugs in the room to make a big export to anywhere.

The two, Leila and Pillar, went to one of the VIP room and from there to a secret alley leading to the chambers underneath. There were many familiar faces: Tantra, Stein, Cross and Samuel by the vampires, Elizabeth, Tracy and Jen by the ghouls; gathered all together like a loving family. They were holding a conversation, however in the back there was a sound coming from Leila's old room, screaming and yelling of a male imploring for freedom.

When Pillar entered the room the crowd made a pause to salute respectfully, as comrades. Then Tantra was the first to welcome her Childe.
"Welcome back Leila."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:46 am

Leila moved through the mass of people trying to happiness as being back within her clans domain to a minimum. The electrifying music, strobe lights and grinding druggies did much in the way of helping to quell those emotions. Once they finally reached the "living room" area she was happy to see most of her clan was there. The sound from the room only caught her attention briefly as she surmised it wasn't a clan mate at least. A small smile spread across her lips at Tantra as she greeted her.

"Shukran, my sister and salaam brothers." She said in greeting as she moved to sit with her sire. Leila smiled to Dr. Samuel first, then inspected the girls. She inclined her head to Stein and let her gaze linger lastly on Cross.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Pillar spoke with ceremonious attitude.
"I'm speaking in Elie's name, certain events require our inmediate attention. I'll be giving you the instructions that were entrusted to me.

The Camarilla is doing preventives move against the Sabbat in the city, their informers have passed the information of the recently invested Bishops. They fear an attack from the Sword of Cain against their dearest assets and members, Theodore have gathered an army of mercenaries and the Toreador are inviting the their Anarchist counterparts and other independent brothers and sisters in blood to a party, in order to negotiate an alliance and include them in their pro-Sect Clan.

In this context we must continue with our plan, its important to keep an eye on this situation, but as many of you know this is not the main aim of our objectives. The kidnapings have continued, many vampires have been lost in the sewers and the Nosferatu claimed that we have a Nictuku present in the city. Further more the werewolf are initiating their scouting inside of the city limits and some spies have given us the information about a possible alliance between the shifters and the sabbat against the Camarilla."

After throwing out all this information the reaction in the audience were mixed. Tantra and Stein seemed to be calmed and well aware of the situation before Pillar even started speaking. Samuel and the others were surprised by this speach. For the ghouls they seemed to be more confused about the implications of these words than surprised or aware of the Clan's position.

Pillar did a short paused and prepare himself to continue with more reports.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Leila sat and watched everyone's reaction to the news. She was quite shocked to find out just how dangerous the city really was. She was also relieved to know she hadn't gotten into worst trouble on the streets alone. With all the labels and words about kidnapping that he was throwing around she couldn't tell which way was up. Werewolves, Nictuku, shifters and Sabbat everything seemed dismal yet surprisingly exciting. She felt similarly to how the ghouled women did, she didn't know about their position, any plans or what this all meant really, there was so much information going over her head. Questions lingered in her mind unanswered and probing her thoughts. 'What is our clan's position? What objective are we trying to achieve? Where does this information place us in this apparent war?'

She glanced again at Pillar, her mouth slightly open in shock and waiting for his next words wondering where they hung in the balance of power.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Pillar continued with his usual elegant way with words. He was ver focused on explaining how difficult, how dangerous the situation was. It was clear in his body language that he was calling for action.
"Despite our efforts to determine the nature of the kidnappers, it still remain uncertain. All we know is this: Nosferatu among the other kindreds living under the city in the sewer system have been disappearing in apparent randomness, the only pattern was that they were all kindred. All slaves and ghouls were killed and left behind, all kindred, however, remain missing until today.

For some months, this was only Nosferatu's and our problem to deal with, but as most of you know The Nosferatu have left their underground haven to inhabit Queens, rivaling with Brujah's, Gangrel's and Giovani's interests there. of course, this have been complicated more since the appearance of the lupine that have expelled the Anarch from Staten Island, whom have joined forces with the Brujah since their arrival. A simple fact that Toreadors are trying to change for their own sake."

Pillar made another pause, to let the silence give enphasis to his words, and then continued saying.
"If the Nosferatu's claims about the Nictucu are true, we could face even greater problems within the close future. Having a loose legendary creature with vampire's blood hunger in this City its bad for bussiness.

I have discussed this findings with Elie and he added a few more details and a new problem to this collection of struggles."
making another pause to enphatize his next words.

Home amog Snakes (Leila) M5sq0jc0e70z7ezj

"Our own ghouls and fellow clan mates in the underground of the city haven't been touched by the kidnappers. Also, they have reported that the sewers had grown veins in their walls, very similar to roots of some sort this 'things' contain a very rare defiled Vitae that's very lethal to all living and unliving creatures.

I imagine you all have questions. Most likely those that have been recently added to the Clan have the most, so let's ask their questions first and go up the ladder of hierarchy as we go.

Leila?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Leila's ears craned listening to the message while trying to decipher what to make of all these clans fighting over territory. The thought of something viciously consuming kindred and creating some deadly vitae in its veins gave her an uneasy feeling. When Pillar acknowledged her she spoke straight away.

"Yes, thank you Pillar I do have some questions. Some of these may be obvious to the rest of you, but what is our clan's position and our objective? Where would this information place us? If I am breaking this down correctly there is a territorial war happening as kindred have been displaced, but there is a larger looming danger of this legendary creature that could potentially destroy kindred. Given that you've said the Followers that have ventured underground have not been taken, does that mean it does not want us?"

Leila's cool grey eyes opened wider wondering if they would be leading this venture underground. Hoping that her training in battle would pick up.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Pillar said with pedagogical pose.
"As you may know the Followers in this city are divided in two major groups, to add some complexity there is a third group that had parted from Seth embrace, calling themselves the Serpents of Light. These two loyal groups are the Serpents of the Surface and those underground. For convenience with are separated, and the both of us report only to Elie, who's the joint that gears us.

As Serpents of the Surface we are ordered to do Seth's Will among the other Kindred while our fellows underground worship Thy Father and learn about his Dark Ways, cultivating rituals and magic among other secrets. We are the politicians and preechers of our kind."

And he recited in chorus with all the elders and ancillae present.
"Ours is the duty of the Dark Words"

"Each one of us has a personal duty in worship of the Dark Father but as a Clan we are compelled to spread His Words. Shadows must prevail."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Leila smiled a deliciously cunning smile as the elders and ancillae around her recited the clans purpose. Something about the stanza made her rivet with delight. Of course their purpose belongs to the Dark Father, delivering his word and showing others the path of darkness. Politics as they were so present in her life before are but a shallow musing now. She was made to serve and it delighted her to no end. Leila nodded.

"Of course."

She said this as though she knew it all along but hadn't realized the impact. Her words were soft and ready for action.

Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:04 pm

"Very well" said Pillar nodding to Leila "Any questions Cross?"

Cross seemed very worried about this new information. His eyes reflected some of anxiety due to the uncertainty laying ahead. After taking a second to react, a fact that was very unusual for his wits and quick answers, and after changing his position to a more comfortable one due to his wounds. He said.
"Yes Pillar, I've plenty:
I noticed you didn't blame the shifters about this kindred's kidnapping, a very logical assumption if you ask me, unless you have any aditional information for negating this possibility. Also you mentioned only lupines, how did you discarded all other shifters from the equation?

There are some other questions, about our objectives. I mean, shouldn't we be collaborating we the Sabbat? Your information and mine point to the same objetive: the overthrown of the Camarilla. That would be a very chaotic enviroment a crop field for our brothers and sisters to Preach our Father's words. BUT... I see Elie and you, helping the Camarilla, is there anything else we should know about this?"
Home amog Snakes (Leila) Lopez306x306001
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Pillar nodded calmly and answered as he was expecting those questions.
"Indeed we have information about the lupines, and reasonable certainty that no other shifters are in NYC, at least not that many and not that organized. Also we know for fact that the werewolves came to New York City a few months ago, while the kidnappings have been happening since at least a couple of months longer.

Your other question is less obvious, but yes, we are collaborating with the Camarilla, the reason is simple: without a strong organization like them in the city we all will be easy preys for the recent predators that have come to town. Our first duty is to survival, then we will consider our position with the Sabbat."

Almost at the same time that Pillar finished his sentence, Cross replied.
"Ok, but... aren't the Nosferatu the main target of the kidnappings? I mean, they're part of the Camarilla and haven't been able to stop the slaughter. Perhaps the Sabbat has a bigger opportunity against this 'predators' than they?"

Pillar on the other hand took a few seconds to answer, that compared to Cross' fast reply seemed like centuries.
"Perhaps, but it isn't likely. The Nosferatu held, the so called Nictucu, back for many month, due to their organization and backup from the Camarilla. If their claiming about the identity of the kidnapper it's true that fact alone is a reason to Trust the Camarilla, not all the way around.

Trust me on this Cross, I've seen the Sabbat's raids and I have lived in their cities. They're strong in attack but lousy in defense. We don't need them now."

Cross nodded in humble acceptance, and after a polite second he asked.
"What's a Nictucu?"

Pillar shrug and said.
"Honestly we only know myth and legends about it. It's a monster created in ancient times. It's said that feeds only on Nosferatu's blood and seek their destruction, perhaps in vengance against them. It have been seen through the centuries though. Historical records speak of a shape-shifter, not like Lupines, more like a doppleganger; a thing capable of assuming any form, ravaneous and vile, beyond any kindred's nightmares and just as old and wise.

It's a leyend to the Nosferatu. A monster that haunts them"

Cross nodded again and kept silence. Thinking again over this information.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Leila sat and absorbed Cross and Pillars conversation. She could tell he was slightly upset by the relationship being forged between the camarilla instead of the Sabbat. He seemed to have a good relationship with them. It was clear he was as confused as she was about the whole ordeal though. She suddenly realized she was possibly going to become the ambassador for the camarilla and setite relations and it made her slightly restless. She was being given a larger responsibility than she realized. She bit her lip consumed in her thoughts for a moment until the definition of the niktuku was presented. Her eyes flashed to Pillar in slight horror. She didn't know who was next to speak assuming it might be Stein or Tantra so she looked to the both of them to reveal more terrifying information.
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Pillar nodded at Cross and then looked back to the rest of the clan mates present, and said.
"Very well. Any questions?"

Home amog Snakes (Leila) 03-bond-roger-moore
Samuel smiled and with his usual tenderness and warm tone of voice said.
"I think I'll be next Pillar, I do have some questions.

As you know I've done bussiness with the Bishop himself and they seem to be aware of both threats: the Werewolves and the Nictucu, about who the have another leyend of origen, by the way. Nevertheless they don't fear nor understimate any of these two, they have some trust about their capability to defeat them or some knowledge about someone that will. In either case they are risking alot to conquer New York City and considering for how long they''ve been preparing it might be wise to consider their 'winning scenario'.

Despite its circumstantional nature I'm also curious about this Toreador party. I'm sure that Camarillas are more aware than any of the other groups in the city about this threat we have been talking about, for obvious reasons. In my opinion this party has more to do with those preparations against these new enemies than Toreadors rivalty against Gangrels, Brujah and even Giovanni.

What do you think?"

Pillar seemed to be taken by surprise, so he took his time to answer to these matters in an organized way. After a few minutes of thinking he said.
"Very well brother. It is wise to consider these posibilities, although this specific matters weren't mentioned in my meeting with Elie, I'll try my best to give you suitable answer for them.

It's possible that Werewolves are here because of the threats, in fact its very likely that they will help us inderectly to destroy them, however, it isn't likely to join forces with them. The other possibility, about the kidnappers joining forces with either the entity causing the defiled veins or the werewolves it's more likely to happend. That leaves us in open dissadvantage because in any scenario we're left surrounded by enemies, whatever the case.

If the werewolves win, then they will own the city, if the ally with any will be against us. If the Defiled or the Kidnappers had any advantage in alling with us, they'd have contacted us already and they haven't so it's important to be cautious and consider them hostiles until new evidence comes up. All these means that if the Sabbat wins it won't be in our benefit, nor in their own, at least not when it comes to controlling this City for a long time.

To answer your second question brother Samuel. It's quite possible that Toreador's official posture in front of the Camarilla is precisely that. To build an army and help their comrades in battle against these threats, however, they will put their survavillity first if its comes to that at some point."

Samuel seemed pleased by Pillar's answers and said.
"Very well, thank you Pillar"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Stein looked at both sides like looking for someone and said.
"I have a question. Where's Angel? this is a Clan meeting, isn't her one of us as well?"

Stein's deep and dark voice was threating and vicious to all ears. He ended his phrase like he had just made a joke, but it really sound like he was ready to shred Angel into little pieces. Only Samuel smiled with him.

Samuel said.
"Yes Stein, she is. Right now she talking to those friends of yours: The Dancing company."

In response, Stein expression changed to disgust, if he were human, he would have threw up.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Leila forrowed her brow in confusion. Even more so When Stein mentioned Angel. Samuels and Pillars discussion left her head reeling. Overall she realized that it'd be best if they aligned with the camarilla. Nuts she couldn't understand how them winning would be a disadvantage. Add to that Angel with some mystery group of dancers that made Stein cripple with disgust and she was utterly perplexed. Her face didn't betray her though. She tried to look on top of it and understanding. But she honestly didn't know if they were going to be fighting in this war or preaching. Leila spoke up after she was sure no one was commenting on this dancing company.

"Is it beyond reason that we can't get some of these other independent clans to help with these larger threats instead of out casting them to fight on there own."
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:17 pm

As Stein and Samuel shared a smile, both looked at Leila paying attention to her question, however was Tantra who finally spoke to answer.
"Our Clans are called Independent by the signers of the Convention of Thorns, because we decided to stay away from their Sects."

Her voice was soft, almost like a caress with a silk ribon. She continued.
"Regarding your question is that Giovanni already are our allies. Not unconditionally but enough to fight against common enemies. Ravnos and Gangrel are a different deal, because they've been resistant to our efforts of parley. It's my personal opinion that their loyalty had been already bought. By who? I wander."

Pillar nodded and said.
"Interesting question Tantra. Interesting indeed."
Home amog Snakes (Leila) Angelina_jolie-retrato_MUJIMA20110120_0022_25
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Leila nodded her head, this was something she actually understood.

"Outside of attending this Toreador party are there any other efforts to gather more information or prepare for these threats?"
Leila
Leila
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Pillar answered.
"We all have our duties. Samuel and you will attend to the party, Stein is already working in the gathering of blood, expanding sort of speak. As well Tantra and Cross will get their orders after we are clear about the context we're in.

So, it's mandatory to ask. Any more questions about the situation?"
his voice was calmed as usual, almost no emotions except for politeness.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum