World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback)

2 posters

Go down

Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Empty Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback)

Post  Malakiel Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:19 pm

The very next night after sharing some quality time with Richard, Rebecca went to his laboratory, that was tenderly call 'The Kitchen' to see how the operation was going. The travel to Rockland was very short, still for Star wasn't used to go out of New York City, not since the Chess Club.

She had conflicted emotions, she knew that werewolves were there, specially outside of the City, their threat was even more real and despite her best efforts to stay focused she started to feel a lot of anxiety.

Eventually she got to an small warehouse area outside New City, Clarkstown. She was going through roads down there by a vehicle given by Strauss who had picked her up at the Ivory Tower. The sedan was driven by Darika, Strauss' Acolyte, a middle age woman with an academic feel to her, probably a professor at some point of her life.

Darika checked with the security guard at the perimeter fence without further ado went straight to Strauss warehouse. Inside were many cameras but just as many as she would expect in a regular warehouse field like this. Also the security personnel had nothing special, the standard 9mm with flashlights and walkies-talkies radios, short range to communicate with each other. Neither of the warehouse had specially thick walls, she thought this to be a mistake, given that they could be easily pierced from outside but perhaps there was a good reason for all this.

The entrance had a camera and fingerprint reader to allow people in and in no time Rebecca was inside of what it seemed to be just another warehouse full with wooden boxes and some medical equipment on shelves. The business however was going on in the basement downstairs, to access it was a very thick bullet proof, RPG proof, C4 proof steel door with retina scanner and fingerprint check.

Their way downstairs was short, just a few steps to reach the lab level that was as big as the warehouse and other seven of them around. In here were at least a hundred people dressed with black lab robes, gloves and full face masks, cooking meth (methamphetamines) in what it seems to be a high edge chemistry laboratory.

Strauss came with a white lab robe and his face shield up smiling.
"I am glad you could make it!"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Empty Re: Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback)

Post  Star Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:39 pm

Has Star left the comfort and protection of the city behind, and the scenery quickly get replaced by trees, vacant roads, and other unfamiliar buildings. Star felt anxiety start to creep up in her. She constantly told herself over and over again not to be scared. Though she couldn't help but wonder if indeed she had this strange pain spirit  who is probably acting as a spiritual tracker on her, she wondered if the werewolves do that she was on the move and had left the city. Her mind was filled with fearful questions but she did not have the answer to.

"why… why did he mark me? What does he want with me? Is he going to torture me? Break me and use me as a plaything? Or is it something more? " she thought quietly, pondering this to herself.

Star was actually very nervous and her thoughts were not giving her any comfort. She looked out the window and reached up under her jacket and rubbed The Branding, feeling its strange texture in contrast with her flawless skin.
"
"What does this all mean?... The Black Spiral Dancers? Shit... if it's true that werewolves are just like everybody else there people. If I saw this guy as a normal person would I even recognize him?
she thought to herself silently.

Star close your eyes and started to try to recall the night of the chess club in her mind. Star remember the feeling of the end so near, but she held no fear just straight defiance and anger. She remembered what it felt like as he held her head in his claws, expecting him to crush her skull has she defiantly stared him down, spitting blood in his face.
She tried to focus on the werewolf that she stared down and nearly was destroyed by. She tried to focus on his features. His eye color, his smell, the taste of his blood, his strange scars and other featurs including she could remember.
Star hoped that he what actually talk to her before he and his pack did whatever they were planning to her.

Star was also worried about her father, it had been some time since she saw Astor and Brian stormed off.

She wondered if he indeed found the werewolf that branded her.  She wondered if Hellsong could defeat him?  the part of her hated the thought. She hated having to have others fight for her, having other have to "save her" like some princess in a tower.
She was a Warrior, a Ventrue Knight. She had pride. She valued her strength, curage and cunning. Having other have to save her made her feel weak. Even if it was her own father doing the saving. Though she did appreciate her father's efforts oh, don't know he was missing and she felt guilty about it. Feeling that it was her fault.

Though she knew deep down that if this werewolf really did want her so badly, not even her father would be able to stop him from getting her, even Astor seemed sure of this.

As much as Star was nervous, she tried to focus on the task at hand. She was her in part for Union Business and to see the " Laboratory" and its operations first hand.

Start took note of the security around the warehouse and how unassuming the building was. Everything around it was completely normal as one would expect from such a place that did regular business. There didn't seem to be any signs of any illegal activity. Or even anything that would suggest that this building was more than it seemed.
Finding out that the operation was in the basement, Star thought was completely brilliant and she look forward to seeing just what they're downstairs layout looks like, especially as far as security goes.

Star greeted Strauss warmly, she smiled at him as she looked over his protective gear.
Star again was stepping out of the norm of the traditional stereotypical Ventrue fashion of wearing a stylish black business suit and she added a little color to her wardrobe selection.

Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Fashion-African-Print-Women-Pant-Suits-Festive-Ladies-Wide-Leg-Pants-With-Long-Sleeve-Tailored-Suit.jpg_640x640_a5236642-227c-4848-b71e-5a2a8d058fd4_1024x1024

Strauss came with a white lab robe and his face shield up smiling.
"I am glad you could make it!"

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
"Well after last night how could I refuse  such a enticing offer to see
where the magic happens, so to speak. hee-hee .."

Star said and are relatively cherry and friendly mood.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Left_bar_bleue8/20Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Left_bar_bleue3/4Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Left_bar_bleue7/7Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Empty Re: Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback)

Post  Malakiel Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:45 pm

She tried to focus on the werewolf that she stared down and nearly was destroyed by. She tried to focus on his features. His eye color, his smell, the taste of his blood, his strange scars and other features including she could remember.

Star had to do almost no effort to remember the frightening visage of death. Her experience with these creatures started a long time ago when she ruined Brian's wagoneer back in The Bronx when one of these creatures, seemingly as a La Sombra was controlling the shadows at some point near the MS13, the Salvatrucha Army at the Terminal Market.

Her mind raced through the images that ended at NYC Harbors with the capture of several members of that Gang, way before she was entitled as Eiren of Gangs.

Ever since she have had several encounters with these monsters but without a doubt the most vicious attack was at the Chess Attack when they were supporting the Sabbat siege and overrun over the Ventrue facility. There were three of them, appearing and disappearing from thin air, using their claws and maws to reap kindred bodies to shreds, even taking Henry, Marilyn's Aedil to the spirit world where he was captured and then brought back with all the trauma that could mean.

At the end of that battle she remembered every piece of information, every thread of fur was fix in Rebecca's mind and without a doubt that face, feral and vicious, will stay in her mind forever. The white thread of fur across her head, from the forehead to the back; the shaped fur on its cheeks, the white fangs oozing fooled saliva and the grin waiting for the savage outcome. Green shining eyes, bat like ears, dark brown but black spotted fur and red painted claws: painted like she had her nails done.. it wasn't a male but a shewolf. Rebecca was sure of it.

"Well after last night how could I refuse such a enticing offer to see // where the magic happens, so to speak. hee-hee .."

In the laboratory, the tour began in the technical level then went down another level to the storage where also was Strauss' office. The lower level was nothing like the previous, this was the first time that Star had to go through a gaseous wall that was standing statically in mid air, from roof to floor with a grayish color. The walls had many arcane symbols drawn with blood and over them metal reinforcements.

There were also strange creatures roaming in the shadows of the badly illuminated basement, Rebecca could her them crawling in the dark observing her every move.

Eventually they reached a glass wall office, very well illuminated and with modern steel and white furniture. This space had about a thousand square foot at the bottom of it, across the room was a huge black steel vault, open at this point with millions of dollars in cash, along with other values.

Strauss said.
"Please Star take a sit."

Danika was in the room with them and sat on a couch next to the door.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:08 pm

As Star set there reliving her memories and picking out every detail she could about the werewolf at the chess club. The realization that the werewolf that branded her was a woman, hit Star like a ten ton truck.  She has been looking over her shoulder at the wrong gender the whole time.
"Its...not a HE! ... Its a SHE!"
Star muttered out loud softly as she was in shock and could not shake the image of the werewolf woman from her mind.

Even worse the painted nails looked like they were professionally done at a salon , meaning she had  enough disposable money to treat herself to such luxuries.  That could indicate that she was actually sophisticated Or even upper class.
"... There is no fucking way. "
Star look down at her own manicured nails, perfect and pristine. And All Star cuz I think of was as Savage as this she wolf was, she might actually be a lot more than she seemed.
Oh my god...!"

Star tried to calm herself and she took a minute to think back again on her experiences. She had almost forgotten about her first encounter with these creatures. Somehow it seemed throughout her whole existence they have been apart of it, running into them here and there over and over again. Vampires could go their whole existence without even seeing a werewolf, let alone fighting one. But she had been in multiple confrontations with them and her shorts 5 year existence as a kindred. She wasn't quite sure if she was just cursed, unlucky or the universe was just cruel. But still where most vampires would run away from these creatures, she ends up running towards them.

Still the more that she dealt with them the more she seem drawn to them. And if indeed she was supposed to be one of them, it could explain a lot. But what did that mean for her now? Would the werewolves, these Black Spirals still want to claim her as their own even though she's a vampire?.... her mind went back to that original Dream she had and the strange voice that called to her....

A mysterious voice wrote:We have been looking for you Star... we have found you... just to realize we have lost you like we lost your father before you.
//
You belong to us Star... you and your father belong to us... your blood is not dead... your blood is our blood..."
Star started thinking about these words...
"My Blood is not dead?... I have heard that I have  very unusual blood for a vampire. It's sweet and very pure, even better then mortal blood... I guess its rare, but.. But.. Could that be why? Could there still be part of me that still is a werewolf? Could that be what MewMew has been picking up on?.
No... There is no such thing as a Vampire Werewolf. Its a cool concept, but  realistically have never heard of such a thing. I guess its something that is only in my dreams.

My dad... He can turn into a wolf i bet, but thats his discipline. Still that would be very cool to turn into a wolf.  I bet my dad makes a kick ass wolf. But Fuck , He is missing.. Could they have  capture him?
Wait.. what if they trapped him in the "world beyond" place to be tortured like Henry, Marilyn's Aedil… holy shit. These wolves can pop in and out of thin like fucking  Houdini ! What if they took my dad to that place they go " inbetween'. he can't get out !! Maybe that's why no one can find him. OH MY GOD.
What if they are going to trap me there too?.

star was actually truly scared for the first about this whole situation time. Thinking that her dad was caught in some other hellish dimension made her very fearful and feeling powerless, because she knows it was nothing she can do.
" I got to say strong. . . I got to say strong.. . I got to say strong.
star said to herself silently over and over again trying not to panic.
"OK FOCUS, I got shit  to do tonight. I can't focus on this right now I need to do business.'
Star said to herself in her mind , taking a deep breath in and exhaling, even though the ACT did absolutely nothing for her body ,it was more mental response she used to focused herself. Stsr pushed the werewolf business out of her mind for the time being.

Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Skullb12

Star  put on her business face as she was given a tour of the laboratory. She seemed very impressed with what she saw.
it went to the point of being a bit surprised,  the same to be a very good operation and Richard really did know what the hell he was doing.

After seeing the wall and all of the enchanted ruins in blood star pondered exactly what they were and what meaning they held. She know a lot about the occult. But some of these things were just out of her grasp. Either way she seemed very impressed by the Tremere. And after meeting Richard and seeing the things that he can do, she started to have a new respect for the clan as a whole. Though she was not so naive as to not be weary of the blood Mages, but she did believe they can do fantastic things especially with drugs.

Start at the seat in Richards office.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" .... Jezuz Strauss, I must say that from what I have seen I am very impressed. This is quite an operation, you sure have your shit together. Kudos, my friend"
Star said sincerely in a very friendly tone. She truly really was impressed with what she saying.
" ... you haven't had any trouble with the law have you?....
She asked just making sure that there was no trouble afoot for him
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Left_bar_bleue8/20Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Left_bar_bleue3/4Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Left_bar_bleue7/7Visit to the kitchen (Star flashback) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:54 pm

Strauss gaze seemed lost looking around Star instead of her eyes, it was obvious that he was looking at her aura, at least it seemed that way. Still he answered straight forward.
"Yes, I have... not here and certainly not me personally but some of our operatives. That's when Brick came into play to retrieve the merchandise, sadly we have had our losses in that field."

He starts explaining details about his business regarding manufacturing and distribution.
"Only half of what we make here is for local consumption, part is delivered to Europe and the rest to Canada; although South America does consume some of our meth.

Exporting can be tricky, the docks are complicated places. Not just cuz' of the Setites but also due to the mob and even the FBI wants a cut and usually fight each other to get our merchandise because is top quality. When collect on deliver at the ship but still there's a lot of risk in our operation.

Last year 30% of our production was lost one way or another and half of that was lost here in NYC before it could be sold."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:27 am

Star raised a eyebrow as Strauss seemed to look at her aura. She was wondering if he was checking to see if she was being sincere or not. Or perhaps he was looking at something more.. she also wondered if there was a slim chance that he could pick up on the supposed Pain Spirit that was  attached to her. She truly didn't know what his magical senses could pick up on and see or feel. Star really needed to find someone who knew about spirits, and she would remember to ask  Richard again and hopes that he knew someone she could talk to.
Star was very quiet and listened to Richard talk, she tried to absorb all that he was saying and try to puzzle out the best way she could help.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" .... damn 30% is way too much to lose. We're going to have to fix that and make sure it doesn't happen again.
I don't know exactly what connections Mr. Brick had and I doubt I could help much about the Snakes.  But I might be able to help with the feds. What would be ideal is getting you a direct transport line to the docks with full FBI protection. Though I'm not completely sure I can swing that. Perhaps even finding an alternative transport route might be required . Like setting up even  dummy  transports  she get the snakes off your back , have those fuckers chasing their slithery little tails.

I dont know, I'm just spitballin' here.  
Tell me what would be ideal for you and I might be able to help make it a reality.
After all as Eiren of Gangs, that is kinda part of my job.  

Star said  already trying to puzzle out the problem, so she did wonder if Brick was taking anything off the top for his "services". To Star he looked like the type of person who would try to extort the people he worked with when it was his "job" to help them.

Stars head then snap to the side as she remembered something
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ... oh shit before I forget ...on a side note Strauss,  that has nothing to do with this.... Umm  Were you ever able to find anyone who knew about spirits... "
She asked seemingly randomly
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:47 am

Tell me what would be ideal for you and I might be able to help make it a reality. After all as Eiren of Gangs, that is kinda part of my job.

He nods and replies.
"Any help would be appreciated. Now you know where I struggle, taking the Snakes or the DEA from my tail would be really helpful. Adam wasn't able to..."

" ... oh shit before I forget ...on a side note Strauss, that has nothing to do with this.... Umm Were you ever able to find anyone who knew about spirits... "

He grins.
"Since last night?.... nop... you're in a hurry, aren't you?" he giggles.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Any help would be appreciated. Now you know where I struggle, taking the Snakes or the DEA from my tail would be really helpful. Adam wasn't able to
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ....Yeah well I'm sure I can do a lot better than Adam! I'll see if I can pull some strings and get the DEA off your back. As far as the Snakes go, I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with any negotiations with them yet. But give me time, they are on my list.  "
Star said with a smile, holding a very confident and businesslike demeanor, common among the Ventrue. She ment business when she said this.

Since last night?.... nop... you're in a hurry, aren't you?" he giggles
All of a sudden Star's confident businesslike demeanor broke, shattering into a billion little pieces and Strauss could see that there was a great fear building behind her eyes.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star ▂▂▂▂▂
" ....
. righty... I'm um. Sorry. I didn't mean to come off as pushy.. Its just that there is a time limit.... And I'm kinda really in need of this information...in a rush"

Star said  plainly, though there was hints of possible desperation and fear in her words. There was definitely something she wasn't telling him. But she seemed very serious about getting this information as soon as possible
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:34 pm

. righty... I'm um. Sorry. I didn't mean to come off as pushy.. Its just that there is a time limit.... And I'm kinda really in need of this information...in a rush"

Strauss look at Rebecca intrigued and he replies.
"I don't mind, you're the boss... but I can't push anyone in my Clan without offering something in return, you know?

... and not a lot of kindred know about that shit, I need to ask politely and wait patiently unless you're willing to own a debt to one of the Tremere Elders..."
he wonders.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:58 pm

Star looks at Strauss, listening carefully to him and taking into great consideration the things he said. Offering a boon was a serious thing in vampire Society, it was basically their form of currency, a favor for a favor. The degree of that favor omnly depend on the degree of the Boone.

But owing a premier Elder of favor it's not an easy decision to make. Especially when startled what's up and coming. The Tremor might not ask the favor right away. He might ask it at the height of her power and success. And unless it went against the traditions, her clan, the  Princeton or endangered her life, she usually could not say no.

Her mind raced wondering what an elder arlock could possibly ask of her in the future., then again if she didn't find this information out ,she figured she would end up worse off than owing a Tremere such a boon. Especially if she thought the werewolf was going to trap her in the "world between". She needed to know about these Spirits , she needed to understand them, to find a way to speak with them. she knew that she was opening a door that she might not be able to close.
But if for some reason the universe was insisting that werewolves were becoming part of her life she needed to be prepared, and knowledge was power.

Star nervously ran her hand through her hair
▂▂▂▂▂▂ Star▂▂▂▂▂
" ....yeah.... That's fine.
You can let your elders know that booms can be negotiated on their severity depending upon the help and information I am given on its usefulness of course.
Star looked at Richard square in the eyes.
"
I need this information Strauss, and I honestly don't have anywhere else to turn to get it... And I'm running out of time "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:17 pm

Strauss stands up and says.
"Then we can go back to New York now. I need to go to the Chantry."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down