World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A nice Jog to relive Stress (star)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Empty A nice Jog to relive Stress (star)

Post  Star Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:10 pm

Star asked her sire for help in provinding her the ability to get in contact with someone at the Tower to ask for sanctuary one more day from the sun. Star knew she couldnt just keep staying here everyday, and would have to figure out a safe place to stash herself during the day soon. The property she was to acquire probably would not even be suitable for weeks, if not months. So she would have to figure something out. Renting a 24hr storage room was the 1st thing that came to her mind, and probably would be the less expensive rout.  But there was plenty of time to think about this later. She was hardly in a mood for it .

Star said her fair well to her Sire and thanked him for his time and insight. Though Star was still feeling on edge and couldn't relax any. She was still upset about the meetings failure and the clash of personalities. Star needed to find a way to relax and burn off some stress  before it started effecting her beast and she couldn't control herself.

Star left many of her personal stuff saftly in the room provided for her, including her checkbook, credit card and majority of the cash in the envelope.
She was going out looking for trouble And didn't want to risk losing everything she had.

Star pocketed her room key, some cash and her phone, then hit the streets for the rest of the night.
She wasn't totally sure just where she was going to go, as she zipped up her hoody. But at 4 in the morning she was sure she could find some kinds of breed of trouble.

As Star made her way down the street to catch a cab, and entered the cab's company number into her phone for later use. Star thought that most bars had already closed since it was past 3am. So the likelihood of getting into a bar brawl for her was slim. So she thought she would do the next best thing and told the driver to drop her off at Central Park.

Star figured she go for a jog around the park and maybe fight off some muggers or somerhing. star knew the park might be dark enough to concealed any possible masquerade breaches due to the lack of witness that would be around in the park.

Star pushed aside any silly thoughts about werewolves living in the park and got out of the Cab and went for a jog.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Left_bar_bleue8/20A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Left_bar_bleue3/4A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Left_bar_bleue7/7A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Empty Re: A nice Jog to relive Stress (star)

Post  Malakiel Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Rebecca went to the nearest entrance to Central Park closed. It had a big sign saying its opening hours from 6:00 am to 1:00 am. There were many ways to enter, for some she didn't even need to climb a fence but there was a warning about possibly getting lost and pointing out there were no security guards at these hours.

She walks in nevertheless.

The inner paths were indeed dark, the light poles were unevenly separated from each other leaving many dark areas between them. Jogging down the inner roads of Central Park she felt uneasy, many shadows between and inside the trees seemed threatning and strange. She heard her own steps alone, not even a breathing to accompany it, just her and the winds going through the trees and the creeks noises all around was more noticible as she left the city noises behind her.

After a few minutes of jogging around she finds herself in a recognizible place, not that she remembered to have turned at any time, however it felt alot like a deja vú. A little alarmed by this strange feeling, she starts to jogg paying more attention, noticing a few voices coming from a point outside of the main path she had been following, at least two male voices.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Star knew the park was close, and the fact there would be no park guards around to worry about her mischief in case she broke the masquerade was a blessing.

Star knew anyone in the park this hour ether the homeless, hoodlums like her looking for a place to drink, do drugs or vandalize the property, common thugs looking to rob a passer by or the occasional rapist. All would make good for a worth fight to burn off some stress. Maybe she could even be luckily enough to stop a crime. Star wasn't planing on killing anyone, thus she didn't bring any weaponry. She just wanted a good old fashion fist fight, and to beat some lowlife to a pulp.

Star thought that a single, unarmed female would be a easy target to attract trouble. And the further she jogged along, the more she felt she was right.

The park was certainly different at night than it was during the day. The lighting was poor in places and the leafless trees of fall made the park into a eerie place. Even creepier was the feeling of deja vu. She had been to the park before growing up, but this seemed different. Star stayed on the concrete path, not daring to stray far from it.

Star could not place the strange feeling of deja vu or being watched, She figured it was just her being paranoid, and she tryed to keep her imagination in check so it didn't run wild. After all she was the only real monster in the park, ... At least in her mind.

Star heard the voices of the two males and smirked to herself wondering if she had attracted the attention of what she was looking for.  Star slowed her pace some as she continued to jog along pretending she didn't notice them.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Left_bar_bleue8/20A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Left_bar_bleue3/4A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Left_bar_bleue7/7A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Star passes by the two voices whispering in the woods, the skinny partially dressed trees with dark orange leafs around them didn't conceal much at all, even so Rebecca didn't see anyone where the voices where suppoused to be comming from. Also the men seemed unaffected by Rebecca, like they weren't paying any atention at all to her, or they were oblivious to her presence.

Judging from her position, these men should be about ten yards away from the cement path in the middle of a dark spot where no light, not even the light poles shined. Ahead of her the road continued and it was a long dark road, partially illuminated by bad half dimmed light bulbs.

A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) A-man-walks-at-night-in-Gyumri-central-park
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:20 pm

Star still couldn't shake the odd feelings of deja vu, but she tryed. As she joged along at a much slower pace, Surprised that the voices she passed have not taken notice of her. Perhaps they were simply bums discussing where to go to keep warm for the night or get a hot meal. Maybe they were not the lowlifes she would target, just normal folks trying to survive. Star didn't want to beat the crap out of the innocent if she could help it.

Still she did her best to listen and stay alert as she slowly joged along the path into the darkness.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Star was jogging at a steady pace for a while now, many things start to call Rebecca's attention. Aside from the voices she hasn't cross anyone ever since she entered the Park, nothing like she remembers from her last visit a few years ago when this was crowded with bumbs fighting over who's bench is whom. Jonkies tripping under the trees and even some goth kids playing to summon demons at full moon, anything would be better than just an empty park.

Also this huge place is full with interesting buildings and attractions many are hard to miss even at this hour, from ice skating to the zoo, with many other landmarks including geologic features like huge stones and creeks were very common while going through the park, changing the landscape almost every mile but so far, just the same landscape as she runs in, deeper and deeper into the park.

Stopping a second to pinpoint any of the huge skyrappers of Manhattan she notices the deep cloud of smog and myst over the half naked tree tops around her. It was imposible to see anything beyond some wisps inside the distant night, not even stars or the moon shined in this dark night.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:19 pm

At this recollection Star started to become concerned. She looked around and took in her environmental more closely.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"OK... What the hell? I know New York has smog but this ain't LA. What the fuck is going on and where is everyone...  "
She said looking around and pulled out her cell phone to check the time,

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" OK don't panic... I got a bad feeling about this.... But I can't panic.."

She then place a quick call to Allison. Star didn't want her paranoia to get the better of her, and having a friendly voice on the phone as she figures out just what the fuck was going on would help calm her nerves.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:47 am

Allison picks up the phone.
"Yes?"

After Rebecca told her where she was, Allison bursts by the phone.
"WHAT?!"

A short silence in the phone. Then Allison whispers in the phone.
"What da'fuck are you doing there? that shit whole is packed with lupines and sociopatic faeris? are you fucking crazy or what?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:09 am

//that shit whole is packed with lupines and sociopatic faeris? //"
Star seemed surprised by Allison's words.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" wait... WHAT?... IN FUCKING CENTRAL PARK?? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY CANT SHIT JUST BE NORMAL!

Just fucking peachy! ... It seems every fucking place i go in this god damn city shit be going twilight zone on me. Well fuck this shit... .. God damn mother fucking bullshit!

I think I might have been running in circles, haven seen a living soul since I got here and I can't see the sky.. And this used to be such a nice place...
At this point I'm going to try to back track but I'm not 100% sure where I am... I'm just trying to stick to the concrete path... "

Star was more annoyed than afraid at this point.
"just hang with me on the phone till I figure out where the park exit is.

Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:51 am

Just fucking peachy! ... It seems every fucking place i go in this god damn city shit be going twilight zone on me. Well fuck this shit... .. God damn mother fucking bullshit!
Allison whispers with an obvious angry tone in her voice.
"Aren't ya from NY? Central P is always been the most fucking dangerous place on this hole and you go there on your own at this hour? Are you fucking retarded??!?!?!"

I think I might have been running in circles, haven seen a living soul since I got here and I can't see the sky.. And this used to be such a nice place...
Allison makes a wierd onomatopegic noise at the phone to release some pressure and says.
"Look someone could be messing with your mind! You're talking to me... so there's a low chance you're attached to a table about be eaten or something but what you see around you may not be real!"

"just hang with me on the phone till I figure out where the park exit is.
"I need to call dad, I'm not useful in the phone! You could die there!"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:33 am

Aren't ya from NY? Central P is always been the most fucking dangerous place on this hole and you go there on your own at this hour? Are you fucking retarded??!?!?!"
Star growls under her breath
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" YES its dangerous! THAT'S the reason I came her, I was LOOKING for a fight! I WAS looking for some kinda scumbag sh!t head to pound into the fucking ground. The park is supposed to be filled with a bunch'a shit heads after dark! I ain't never had issues with this sh!t before! When the fuck did all this shit change!? ...

Fucking god damn it..."

Look someone could be messing with your mind! // but what you see around you may not be real!"
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Well yeah I'm sure someone is fucking with me... but how can someone be fucking with my mind... I haven't seen sh!t, I was just out for a jog... This is fucking ridiculous... There has to be some kind of logical explanation.... ."

"I need to call dad, I'm not useful in the phone! You could die there!"
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Call Dad!! No.. Fuck. God damn it.
Look I don't feel I'm really in any danger... I'm just a little turned around... Honestly it might just be that I accidentally wandered too close to someone's business... But If someone wanted to kill me they would have done it already.

I'm not one to panic, do you "really" think I should call dad?.. "

Star whined a little, not wanting to involve her sire in her mistake
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:40 am

" YES its dangerous! THAT'S the reason I came her, I was LOOKING for a fight! I WAS looking for some kinda scumbag sh!t head to pound into the fucking ground. The park is supposed to be filled with a bunch'a shit heads after dark! I ain't never had issues with this sh!t before! When the fuck did all this shit change!? ...
Allison seemed pissed as hell.
"Change? two thousand people died there last year!! You really are stupid! Go to a street fight! to a club! not to Hell!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!" she says loosing her shit at the end.

I'm not one to panic, do you "really" think I should call dad?.. "
Allison seemed very angry but she managed to low her voice again.
"YES! I don't want your death on my concious, if there's any left. Try to get out now! and I mean the fucking illussion!"

After that she hangs the phone.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:53 am

Star rolled her eyes as Allison's response, she felt she was over reacting. But all of those deaths were human deaths, being dead already had a advantage.
Star didn't feel that she was in any real danger... Not yet anyhow.
But she thought it would be best to call David before Alison took it upon herself to snitch on her .
<... God fucking damn it... >

Star fliped through her phone and pulled up David's number And dialed it As she continued to back track her steps to where she thought the entrance was, the whole time trying to be aware of her surroundings.

Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:54 am

Malakiel carried out 1 launched of one A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) 10.1 (Roll.) :
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:56 am

▂▂▂▂▂ Roll ▂▂▂▂▂
Star carried out 1 launched of one A nice Jog to relive Stress (star) 10.1 (Roll.) :
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:06 pm

The phone rings a couple of times and then David picks up.
"Good evening."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Star was slow to answer, but glad she got to call David 1st before her sister.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Hi'ya.. ... Its Star.... Um... I apologize for bothering you at this hour Count Hayworth.
I.. Um.. Well... I might have gotten myself stuck in Central Park. I'm having some issues gaining my bearings and I haven't seen a soul since I got here, nor have I seen the sky. Someone might be fucking with me and I'm having trouble finding the exit.
I'm not too terribly worried... I'm sure I'll come across it...  No one has attacked me yet... But i called Alison and she is freaking out and suggested I call you.  "

Star said with great embarrassment at her dilemma.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:45 pm

There's a short but noticeable silence on the line for a couple of seconds. Then the Count talks with a soft and calmed voice.
"For the moment is not important why you choose you go there. Don't try to explain anything at this point. Understood?" he mades another pause.

Again with a soft voice he says.
"First of all, you're in danger. We might not see each other any more, hence I must say it's been my pleasure and that I truly hope you'll be able to get out of the Central Park."

Another pause and then he continues the same way.
"Your first priority must be to exit the premises, I'll send a troope of ghouls to find you. From which part of the Park did you enter there? In what direction have you been moving mostly?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Star raised a eyebrow, when Star 1st inquired about the park from Allison she never made a big deal out of it. Star didn't understand how the park could have changed so much from her mortal life. Never had she ever had this much trouble when she was alive.
Now everything seems to be going twilight zone on her.

First of all, you're in danger. We might not see each other any more, hence I must say it's been my pleasure and that I truly hope you'll be able to get out of the Central Park.
Star was surprised, he really thought she was going to die, to Star this was both concerning and ridiculous.

In what direction have you been moving mostly?"
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"I have no idea where I entered... I left the tower and headed here. I joged for about 40 mins with nothing. So I'm back tracking as we speak. I stayed on the cement path the whole time heading straight. So I have no idea how I could have got turned around "
Star's voice was slightly stressed but she kept herself calm.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:58 am

Hayworth said on the phone, with a tone that clearly implied that he was angry.
"Understood Rebecca, the ghouls are on their way. They'll have flares, beware of the skies.

Now, this is very important, you're in a dangerous ground, if they're looking at you, you must be aware of the surroudings and that means cut this communication. Stay focus and stay alive."

Then he hangs the phone.

The surroundings now seemed even more threatning, the long shadows casted by the lightpoles illuminating each other and the trees around them, the freezing cold that now seemed to bother a little more and the myst comming down from the skies limiting even more the visibility.

The Rebecca's ears got used to the silence, she started to hear to multiple noises of the city at far, the breeze howling through the tress and the voices of a group whispering to each other at far.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:30 am

Star picked up on Davids anger. She knew she fucked up big time in her prusuit to find a fight.
Even that easy task seem denied to her.

As the environment started to become more hostile Star started to become more angry. Star wanted who ever was fucking with her to show themselves and stop these games. If she was to die she wanted to die in battle and not toyed with.

Star's eyes narrowed in the direction of the whispering voices.
<..why don't these fuckers just kill me with out acting like a pussy.... This is some seriously unhonorable bullshit..... Fucking games>

Star checked her phone for the time, knowing that she had been in the park for very long and Dawn was still a great ways away. But within the next few hours if she couldn't find her way out it would be a problem. A Problem she really didn't want to think about at the moment.

Star tried to take a moment to focus herself and start moving back to where she believed the entrance was again. Following the sounds of the city, looking to the skyline as much as she could past the fog and trying to trust her instincts. Not something that she does often, but clearly what was ever happening to her was throwing logic out the window.

Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:42 pm

The situation was desperate, Rebecca was now paying more attention to her surroundings, noticing the subtle changes in the terrain that seemed to twist before her own eyes in comparisson to the city around her. The skyrappers were turning around the park even if she was walking straight.

Walking toward the landmarks outside the Park meant to walk into the darkness and therefore inside the womb of the perils inside Central Park. One thing was certain, this was more than a mere illusion, this was twisting reality in a physical way, she was trapped waiting for sunrise to illuminated her in a matter of two hours or less.

After walking to the edge toward the end of the Park for a while she found herself in the same spot, looking at Empire State building that completed its orbit around her.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Star stopped in her tracks realizing that she was heading in circles and would continue to do so if she kept moving along the concert path.
<... God damn it... I'm not going to die like this... If these fuckers want to kill me they better do it and stop being a fucking pussy about it.>

Star was getting annoyed, she knew she couldn't trust her eyes.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"You know you fuckers need to stop acting like a bunch of unhonorable pussy bitches! Just come and kill me 'cuz these games are getting really old!
"

Star said with a snarl and headed off the concept path and into the darkness, surrendering to the lost of logic in this place.

<...fuck this! If I'm going to die it ain't going to be by the fucking SUN!!>
Star didn't care what was in then darkness that she was originally trying to avoid, she was tired of these games. Going into then darkness seemed more sensible than wandering around in circles on the main path. She could still hear the city noise and that was the only thing she thought she could trust, and started moving in its direction away from the path she was following. If something was going to jump out and kill her they better do it soon because she was getting bored of this waiting game.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Rebecca started walking into the woods, looking to escape from the loop she was trapped in, by doing so she left the concrete path behind her, out of her sight due to the myst overtaking the place. After a minute or so she couldn't see anything but half naked trees with dark leaves around them, no concrete path neither anything but the darkness and the woods itself.

She ran around, looking for a way out of the woods, back into the clear space or at least something she could recognize but none of that was possible as she got deeper into the cobweb where she was trapped in. Desperation started to take a hold on her, an hour has elapse and the dawn was closer with each passing minute. No one was there to fight or talk, no one came to her encounter...

Only solitude and despair....
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:07 am

As despair starts to sink its claws into  Star's mind, hope of her escaping this nightmare place starts seem like it won't be a reality..... Star continued forward realizing that no one is coming to fight her, no one was coming to kill her, but leave her to die in the dawn. Even at this point She starts to doubts the Count's ghouls will be able to help her before the sun rises. The situation was seemingly hopeless.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"This is such bull shit! I would rather deal with the fucking Sabbat Siege on the chess club again or even that fucking Spider in the sewers.
This is so fucking lame... I can't even get a warriors death... I sware the univers hates me.  "

Star said complaining about the whole situation.

Star started thinking about her life, how things might have been. She thinks about Phillip and how she wants to hear his voice one last time. She thinks of her father and how the last words they spoke were in anger. She thinks about the gangrel and wishes she had their ability to meld into the ground.

<...god damn it...I am not going out like this... >

Still Star was stubborn and refused to give up, if no one was going to save her she needed to save herself.

Star kneeled down and touched the ground beneath her, feeling its texture and digging her fingers into the ground...
<... I'm not going to die! Not again! Fuck you, fuck this place! I refuse to give up.>

Star started to dig at the ground with all her strength, boosting it with the use of her blood.

Star started to dig in the ground as quickly as she could with great conviction And inhuman strength.

Her plan was to use what remaining time she had before dawn to dig herself a shallow grave and burry herself the best she could from the aproching sun. if she survived somehow She will try to figure a way out of this mess tomorrow night. Her only hope would be to hide beneath the soil enough that no one would find her.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next