World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Empty Re: Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star)

Post  Star Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Star was silent, taking time to process everything through her "new eyes".
She raised a thoughtful finger to her lips in thought.
She did not speak, but silently weighed the exchange and concerns.

Benjamin will know inmediately this is not the Star he knew.
Finally after some pondering of The count's statement Star spoke softly.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"My Lord Count, is this change truly inessentialsee from how i was before?

How would you suggest Lord Count that I proceed to prevent  indignation from our Primogen? ...
... I believe I am well capable of keeping my words in check and performing any acts that may lude to what has transpired.  "

Star said with a level of Elegance and Grace that she did not have before.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" My Ladies of eloquence , please enlighten me with your own observation and presuppositions on how I should proceed in light of these new revisions of my personality and pose."
Star said as a delicate question
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/20Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/4Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/7Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Empty Re: Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star)

Post  Malakiel Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:26 pm

"My Lord Count, is this change truly inessentialsee from how i was before?
The three eldes looked at Star letting her to listen, not to them but to herself. They stared in silence for a minute giving her the time to think about her question.

I believe I am well capable of keeping my words in check and performing any acts that may lude to what has transpired
The Count nods implying he knows that Star means well, however is more like a naive suggestion from a child rather than a feasible proposition and says.
"Our Primogen has a keen eye for such things."

how I should proceed in light of these new revisions of my personality and pose.
A new way of speaking of the two harpies came to be. Completing each others sentences with also a cacophony at a times, speaking at the same time like they had rehearsed this dialogue for decades. What was more surprising was the lack of unconciouss non verbal expressions, making only gestures that perfectly acompassed their words.
"My dear, the ritual shall be brief, first the tasting, three elders will hold a vial of vitae knowing your preference from the Chess Club, only one will match. After the tasting, it is expected of you to recite the Laws of Decorum, do an essay about Dignitas and then swear the Oath of allegiance to Clan Ventrue."

Surprisingly Star already knew all the Laws of Decorum to the heart. To the point being obvious to her, even more the idea of the essay wasn't about giving a long speach but a display of ones Dignitas for others to be recognize, tokens or examples of what she had accomplished.

The Oath of Fealty was simple and short: <"I promise on my faith that I will in the future be faithful to the lord, never cause him harm and will observe my homage to him completely against all persons in good faith and without deceit."> repeating it in her head.

Star also knew the exact cadence, the entonation and gestures that complemented each of the pronunced words and had an exact idea of how was the etiquette required.

The ladies said echoing one to another.
"Don't use two words when only one would sufice."

The effect was mesmerizing and unsettling at the same time.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:14 pm

The three eldes looked at Star letting her to listen, not to them but to herself. They stared in silence for a minute giving her the time to think about her question

Star was stunned, she could not believe how much her own mannerisms and speech had changed, and she wonders if it was for the best. No doubt all of this "cheating" would be suspected in her presentation, but the Primogen would still have to prove it. There was still a chance that it all could work. Especially if she tryed to remain silent, gave short replies like suggested, and only speak when spoken to.

<Thank the Lord in heaven above that my dearest Father is not among those who would bare witness to this display. I'm can only summarize that he would find it egregious by Nature , though the cause might be just, i belive that he might hold great disappointment in me for allowing myself to be altered in such a way.>

Star paused, even her own inner monologue had betrayed her to some annoyance.
Star was of course worried, this was not quite how she had thought all of this would come about. But as Martha said this change was not a permanent one and would hopefully Grant her success.

Star listened to the two harpies speak in tangen with each other, something that Star found bother off putting and fascinating , though she did no dare address it.

Instead she became silent, listening to what would be expected of her and prepared herself accordingly.
She was strangely surprised that the knowledge she sought, she had already gained through this "linking".
Now all she could to was prayed she preform well and trust in her Elders.

Star was quiet and gave the harpies a respectful nod of understanding.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/20Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/4Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/7Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Right after the Harpies took Rebecca to the contiguous bathroom for her to clean herself, perfume and dress with the proper ritual attire meant for the Agoge among the Ventrue vamptresses.

Presentation in the Ivory Tower (Star) - Page 2 Source

After that she was ready for the presentation.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2