World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais) - Page 3 Empty Re: Dreamwalk Gala (Matthais)

Post  Malakiel Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Few minutes after a neverending beauty before Matthais eyes...

"Beautiful, ins't she...?"

Her voice has sweeter than honey and yet melancholic, she continued.
"It's hard to find people that can enjoy this scene, somehow the world is now too busy to stop and give beauty it's rightful place."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Smiles "It truly is, yes I agree. Very surreal, her beauty. We only live once right, why not enjoy everything we can" Look into her eyes, the city no longer becoming the focal point.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Instead Victoria was still looking at the city, delighted by its bright.
"You critics are just messed up...
Spend so much time trying to find the flaws in someone else's work that forget how The Beauty is like.

I pity you..."

Her voice showed a deep sorrow, like a scream from a mother full of dissapointing and sadness. Still she was so hurt by it that was not to notice that she was about to cry.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:06 pm

"You pity me? Victoria, I don't just look for flaws. You have it all wrong atleast about me. I look upon the film for it's best moments, the scenes that will cause you to move in your seat, I like to bring how some scenes were beautiful and grasped you, fascinated you. Ofcourse, if the story doesn't hold, the acting doesn't give the story justice, I will speak the truth of both good and bad, see the beauty and irony, and mock the rush productivity of the director because he can't scenes he should extend. I look at film with open mind."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Victoria smiled to Matthais, her mood completely changed.
"I know silly, I've seen your WORK..."

The concise coment from Ash somehow clearly pointed to the word WORK, it made Matthais recall their first conversation about her vision of Art, and its difference with what was commonly accepted as work. She was directly accusing Mat of Working instead of creating.
"Your Work has no trascendency, for you one movie its just like anyother a Work to do... you in your Ego critic artist without being one, trying to analyse something that from the begining its out of logic.
What have you created Matthais? what's your legacy?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:25 am

"I've created nothing more than the opportunities I've made in my life. I'm not an acclaimed artist such like yourself. I would love to have my own show on an network someday, or perhaps start up an podcast. I'm just an humble servant of the arts, and won't pretend to be it's master. As far as my legacy, I'm doing what I love doing, what my passion is, and I have no regrets. I'm not married, not in an serious relationship with anyone, no kids, so I'm not held from taking risks. That is my legacy as it were. What about you? Because your art, what is your legacy? Aspirations to get married, children, what is it you wish?" Enjoying the conversation, I give her an playful smirk, shift my weight to step around her slowly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:18 am

Victoria is sitten in front of the barrier before a really really long fall, just looking at the distance, Matthais movement around just allow him to get right next to her in front of the rail.

As Matthais asked his last question he remembered the conversation he had with Ash at the restaurant, the "joke" about her pieces of art to be alive suddenly conected with the other conversation about the art being her children. What if? that though crossed throught Matthais mind, Victoria's children were really alive metaphoricly speaking, what if... throught the function each piece accomplished they could interact with the world throught the viewers.
"My first big success was precious, it was a female kid of ten years old, dressed in rags with parts of her skull and bones expoused, she even had a beautiful hat with flowers and a white dress, in her right hand she had the leash of her dog, a puppy golden retriever also with its ragged.

Its name was 'Children of our time.' a proclamation about how are these children being treated. In old nights there was a lot of violence against the children, as you probably have read in the history books, and know where everything its suppouse to be better we just dress our children better but still on the inside they are just as those kids from old nights were, we disguised their pain but nothing more..."

As a critic Matthais remembered that piece very well, its was a vivid and very realistic piece, each time it was expoused it riped tears from the presents, even the police came to take a sample of the kid flesh, since it was so perfect that even the criminalogists thought it could be real. This particular piece was a huge impact where it went, bringing reflection and insight to every person around it. Just like a speach from her children would.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:49 pm

"I'm sorry if I'm not following about the children of the past. I've never read anything, but it sounds horrible. Technology has improved the quality of life." Move away from the edge, back towards where I feel more comfortable. "So are you saying you don't want children of your own?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:03 pm

The woman just stared to Mat smiling like a cat to a mouse.
"You're still trying to understand me throught your rules, trying to understand my Calling from the simple point of view of someone without passion in its heart.

I'm telling you Critic, that I already have kids on my own, that I've create more meaning into this world than most of the woman that are outthere blindly making this specie survive.

My creations mean to me as much as a Son would matter to his mother, I care about my Art as much as any father would care of his daughter, and still you Critics go and judge artist like me. Why don't you go to critic an autistic child? Why don't you go to the street and tell to those mothers with deformed kids how bad they did they Work?!

I'll tell you why! because for you Critics, Art its just another meaningless thing you have in your life, you don't appreaciate it and never will, for the same reason you will never understand what's to be a father until you become one! The reason its that you have not Lived it!"

The words of Victoria Ash sounded not in Matthais ears but in his mind, making conection with images and memories of his past to substantiate her words even more. Her point of view about Art showed a passion that Matthais had never seen before, a love for it that was totally out of his reach to comprehend, so could only imagine what she was feeling about it.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:14 pm

"I'm sorry if I said something earlier you found disrespectful. Have I offended you such with my questions for simply not understanding your passion? You are speaking to me on a level I'm not understanding, perhaps the alcohol is impairing me. Touch'e though, I'm just a critic, what would I know, hmm." Nods, pondering a thought though only taking a moment, "I'm going to grab some water, so excuse me." Moves to go back down stairs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Victoria just kept looking at the distance somehow ignoring Matthais 'apology?' after he left the terrace and going back to the party where everyone was just having the fun of their life he found Greg at the end of the hallway, right before entering the chamber.
"Hey there Mat! Having fun?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:53 pm

"Yes." Smiles and continues walking towards the kitchen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Gregs acts surprised by Matthais attitude and doing some sort of angry sound returns to the party.

Mat finally reaches the kitchen
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:53 pm

I open up the cabinet and remove a glass, Pour myself some water, And take a drink. Realizing it must be late, I thing is a glass of water, and set my wine glass down as well. Realizing it is late, I moved back to victoria's chambers To say that I was leaving
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Back at the terrace Matthais finds it empty and the window close. Victoria doesn't seem to be anywhere
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:00 pm

"Victoria" Searches the room.
Spoiler:
"Victoria, are you around?" Continues to look for her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Wandering around Matthais finally found a big room in the lowest floor, a museum of some sort full with pieces of Art, from paintings to sculptures everything from Gothic period to modern art, all in a single room. There in the middle of it contemplating an small impresionist painting was Victoria in awe.

When Matthais stood at the door she said.
"I though you would be gone by now. Are you lost?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:22 pm

I blink my eyes, then step into the chamber, looking around, an surreal shock to my system, suddenly fascinated by the amount of art some ancient and modern she hid down here "How did you come about all this? Some of these things look ancient, yet ..." Walks up to one of the ancient pieces "You maintain these yourself?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:07 am

She turns toward Matthais and with no expression at all she sais.
"What are you looking for Matthais?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:10 am

Walks over to Victoria to see the picture she is looking upon, as I view upon it myself, standing relaxingly near her.
"You, I came to find you. Are you always so strong opinionated? Does your boyfriend get to enjoy such strong conversations as well?" Body language Matt seems very calm in here with her so far, excited to see what art she has, also can't help at this point to check out glancingly her whole figure.

"You are full of surprises, Victoria"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Victoria's blue eyes met Matthais for the first time since they got to the appartment. Her gaze was like a piercing arrow against his resolve, undermining his security.
"Do you find me too strong for you Matthais?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:32 pm

"No. You are just different then most women which I compliment you. We just have differences. You're art makes me uneasy "
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Ash's hand touched the frame of the picture right next to her with a gentleness only comparable to a mother caressing her child.
"I'm not like other women Matthais...

I'm unique as each of my children, unique and beautiful... comparing me with other women its like comparing this picture with a street grafitty. Do you want that?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:52 pm

"How many children do you have? Forgive me you don't look as if you have had children. Im sorry what are you offering?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:09 pm

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here..." she said.

"My offering..." she giggles. "I offer you Nothing, I offer you Everything, to destroy you and save you from the path you have choosen. Not because of my generosity but because of my selfishness..."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next