World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting with David and an old love (Star)

2 posters

Go down

Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Empty Meeting with David and an old love (Star)

Post  Malakiel Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:46 pm

After sobbing over her new credicard Star went straight to leave part of her belongings in her room to go after to the 34th floor of the Ivory Tower, there in the huge and luxurious conference room were Phillip and David waiting for her. After the usual protocol and exchange of salutes for Phillip's pleasure and David's amusement to see how his Eirens are getting along just fine, the Count said.
"Please take a sit Eirens, I'd like to hear Rebecca's report over the Cathayan issue before passing to the Board meeting topic. So by all means Eiren of Gangs, proceed."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Empty Re: Meeting with David and an old love (Star)

Post  Star Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Star  greated her Sire and Philip warmly, taking almost any opportunity to flirted with Phillip. At least seeing how he looked at her made herself feel better about spending three thousand on a new outfit.

Please take a sit Eirens, I'd like to hear Rebecca's report over the Cathayan issue before passing to the Board meeting topic. So by all means Eiren of Gangs, proceed.

Star took the offered seat and thanked David property before starting her report.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Well 1st off I would like to say that Sheriff Bell is very intuitive. I honestly dont think much gets past the man...

After taking everyone's statements he was able to deduce that the Cathayan  were probing us to gathe any information about our organization and assesting our weaknesess.  "

Star said with no surprise to her voice, and holding a untrustworthy tone to her words when she spoke about the Triad.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...From what i was told by Sheriff Bell, The Triad already acknowledges the presence of our Prince, but went underground after the Sabbat was expelled from the City....

And if I may add my own thoughts on this matter Sire. To me this means they are willing to or have not stopped doing any business with our opposition.

The Sabbat lost their hold over the city a while ago, and I for one seriously doubt that they just stopped doing business because there was a new rooster in the hen house.

But given the Cam's  continuous hold on the city  the Tower has proved that they- ... "we" are here to stay.

Star said tripping over her words slightly, it was still a bit difficult for her to get out of some of her old mindsets.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...This might be why they have suddenly resurfaced and are testing the waters... so to speak. And I doubt they will simply just stop doing business with other potential opportunities just 'cuz The Cam' is in charge of things...
But I digress...  That's just my thoughts..

Before dismissing all of us he did order If any of us were to have contacts or is contacted by these people  we are to notify him inmediately.  

So I do believe that The Sheriff may be taking your suggestion of ban all Cathayan activities within the Princedom. Yet this is only my speculation. Though I do strongly believe that our Prince should be briefed on these possibilities fully.

She said concluding her report hopping she didn't leave anything out.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Empty Re: Meeting with David and an old love (Star)

Post  Malakiel Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:58 pm

After taking everyone's statements he was able to deduce that the Cathayan  were probing us to gathe any information about our organization and assesting our weaknesess.  "
David and Phillip looks at each other, worried about the situation. Then Phillip said.
"I have had one encounter with the Cathayans before and they're a force to reckon with. Many of them have strange powers, surprisingly effective and wierd to an extreme.

I've got to the conclussion that they all know so sort of necromancy or thaumaturgy... along with strange disciplines that allows them to fly and control the elements around them. They're very strange indeed."

David added in reply with a grim tone and sincere concern.
"Back in Europe they came to destroy our settlements in Poland. We were in Varsovia back then in the middle of the second world war. I was a Templar back then, serving under Arcbishop Elica of Clan Tzimisce. A cruel ruler that tyranized all Poland in the name of the unholy alliance.

Elica was three Bishops under her ruling, one of them Zara Slatikov was in charge on taking care of the territory, among her Templar was I. Slatikov was a prominent Koldun witch that was able to sense the entire domain of the City and using her wardens we were able to locate the thread and attack by surprise with an army of szlachtas and ghouls as the front line.

At the end of the battle just a few survived, two Templars with their Squires were sent to the Shadow Lands that night and only a few of us emerged truly victorious from that battle. I saw the Cathayan's strength, I saw their power first handed and if they're here in the City we must be extremely cautious.

Rebecca, Phillip as Eirens your responsability is to the Princedom and to your duty and I'm certain that you'll keep true to your Oaths but we must also be cunning regarding these creatures of hell and attack with all the advantage we can get, foolishly sacrificing our assets will only perjudice the Clan and ultimately the Princedom. Please take care of yourselves."

Phillip said nothing more looking at the Count truly worried for their safety he could only nod and expect not to fight these monster alone.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:12 pm

//the Cathayans before and they're a force to reckon with. Many of them have strange powers, // necromancy or thaumaturgy... //
Star raised a eyebrow at hearing Phillip speak about the Cathayans. She didn't like what she was hearing, and she shared their concerned looks.

I was a Templar back then, //
we were able to //attack by surprise with an army //
At the end of the battle just a few survived, two Templars with their Squires were sent to the Shadow Lands that night and only a few of us emerged truly victorious from that battle. I saw the Cathayan's strength, I saw their power first handed and if they're here in the City we must be extremely cautious.
she knew that David had been in the Sabbat, but didn't quite know to what degree. She was very impressed to hear that he was once a Templar, for she already knew he was quire the bad ass. But to hear that a great warrior like himself had faced the Cathayans and almost didn't survive made her worry, and take the threat of them being in the city very seriously.

Rebecca, Phillip as Eirens //I'm certain that you'll keep true to your Oaths // we must also be cunning // and attack with all the advantage we can get, // Please take care of yourselves."
Star gave a nod to her sire and looked at Phillip, sharing his worried expression.

After a moment Star spoke.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Sire... Are their any "good" among these beings?

Um... What I mean is... Just like there is Two main factions of our society, ... Well 3 if you count the  anarch's .... But could this be true of the Cathayans? Or all they all simply "Creatures of Hell" as you say?

Could things have changed any sence last you faced them? ... What do we know about these particular Cathayans? ... Could our issues with the Cath' be resolved diplomatically.... Compared to force. "

Now Star was never opposed to using force or a good fight, hell she loved battle. But using Force was never her 1st option. If things could be handed through words and negotiations before bloodshed, she always preferred it.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Left_bar_bleue8/20Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/20)
Willpower:
Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Left_bar_bleue3/4Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/4)
Health:
Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Left_bar_bleue7/7Meeting with David and an old love (Star) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:34 pm

" ... Sire... Are their any "good" among these beings?

David thoughts about the question and then replies cautiously.
"I don't know Chide, these surely are nothing like the ones I encounter back then. They were rational in comparisson and judging by the tone they used to refer their leader, The Mandarin, seems that they're well organized and need their superior's approval to make a move.

Back then we heard to talk about the Blood Court, they had Traditions and honour, I saw that part in the battle field as well but they were also merciless and ruthless.

Per haps our Prince could make an arrangement, a mutually benefitial one."

Um... What I mean is... Just like there is Two main factions of our society, ... Well 3 if you count the anarch's .... But could this be true of the Cathayans?
He thinks again for almost a minute before answering.
"May be, japanese and chinese are not exactly allies, for the most part of their history they've been enemies so may be this eastern kindreds are culturally dependant and may be the Cathayans from Little Tokio are not the same we dealt with in Bruno's haven.

By the way, how is Bruno? What did the Sheriff said to him or about him?"

Phillip was very attentive and receptive to everything being said but quite in his thoughts.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 am

Star weighed in all that her Sire had said, she glanced at Phillip to gage his reactions and feelings.

"I don't know Chide, these surely are nothing like the ones I encounter back then.
Back then we heard to talk about the Blood Court, they had Traditions and honour // they were also merciless and ruthless.
<...Blood Court? ...>
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...humm... No doubt.. But perhaps the reason they fought so viciously was because they were dealing with the Sabbat.... And the Sabbat respond to brutality and force over diplomacy.

The Camarilla do things very differently than them, perhaps this was why the Cath' was readying the waters and probing us. They are being cautious, as should we.

From what I understand of their culture, both the Japanese and Chinese are heavy on respect. Their culture goes back centuries, full of tradition, ancestry and honor. Parallels can be drawn between the Cam' tradition, The Venture and their own culture.
I think this might be a common ground that could help us with negotiations. Who better to understand traditions, honor and lineage better then the Clan of King.

If there is a opportunity to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement between the Cath' and ourselves with out bloodshed I feel we should explore this. I Shall trust in our Prince's judgment, but he should be informed about all of this before proceeding. "

Star said with a smile, being a bit proud to be a Ventrue and be in the same clan as her Prince.

By the way, how is Bruno? What did the Sheriff said to him or about him?"
Star thought for a moment..
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...well... Um.. Sheriff Bell was quick to cut through any bullshit. He  immediately questioned Mr.Albertino about holding the meeting with the Cath' without full concent of the Union or myself.. "

Bruno stated that Mr.Brick had left him in charge in his absence and he was taking matters into his own hands. But ensures that he was doing what he perceived was best for the Union.

Star said trying to hold back any  skepticism from her voice, though it was still there.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Mr.Albertino does seem to be very passionate about the Union for one reason or another. And I'm sure Bruno thought what he was doing was right by his own standards, even if I believe he went about things in a very careless and dangerous way that could have ended in unpleasant relations with the Cath'....
Um...At least In my opinion of course."

Star added not approving of how Bruno handled things, especially in a very delicate situation that they were facing and if not for the diplomacy of David and herself the situation might have collapsed into a trash fire that would have been a headache to try to put out.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:12 pm

" ...humm... No doubt.. But perhaps the reason they fought so viciously was because they were dealing with the Sabbat.... And the Sabbat respond to brutality and force over diplomacy.

David looks at Rebecca with wide eyes, looking very surprised by her appreciation. After a second or so his expression was clear, like she just overpassed his expectations. Concluding with an smile.

From what I understand of their culture, both the Japanese and Chinese are heavy on respect. Their culture goes back centuries, full of tradition, ancestry and honor. Parallels can be drawn between the Cam' tradition, The Venture and their own culture.

David continues smiling and nods in silence while staring at Star intensely.

I think this might be a common ground that could help us with negotiations. Who better to understand traditions, honor and lineage better then the Clan of King.

He looks at Phillip with a serious face and with a tone sharp as a blade said.
"Seems that we have our expert."

Phillip nods in acknowlegement of her.

He  immediately questioned Mr.Albertino about holding the meeting with the Cath' without full concent of the Union or myself

David nods.
"I'll add this point into the Prince's agenda in case he decides to bring it up in the next Primogen Council. Prepare in case you're summon for an statement."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:32 pm

As Star was talking she picked up on David's approval of the points she was making and it made her feel good to see her Sire pleased with her. Especially after she had been feeling like she was struggling to make him proud of her.

Star felt it was important to handle the business with the Cathayans delicately, and if any clan could  be successful in doing this it was the Ventrue.

He looks at Phillip with a serious face and with a tone sharp as a blade said.
"Seems that we have our expert."

Phillip nods in acknowlegement of her.
Star raised her eyebrow at this with a smile. though she hardly thought she could be  a expert on such things. She was just happy that someone seemed to listen and find value in her points.

David nods.
"I'll add this point into the Prince's agenda in case he decides to bring it up in the next Primogen Council. Prepare in case you're summon for an statement."
Star respectively nods.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...of course Sire, I'm happy to help in any way I can. "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:02 am

" ...of course Sire, I'm happy to help in any way I can. "

David nods then he continues saying.
"Very well. Now, let's proceed with the Board meeting briefing.

As you already know there are three important factions in the City of the four present in the Clan of Kings: The Imperium, the Knights of Blood and the Fellowship of Lords.

The Late Primogen was a dear member of the Imperium and other remarkable kindreds, such as Praetors Marilyn and Elliah Ellison are among the Fellowship of the Lords.

At this point the Praetor and Geronte votes are in a difficult position, the Imperium has no known or respected Leaders, therefore after the first round it is most likely they will favour one of the other two Sects. In that sense there's a diatribe: on one hand the Knights are a Majority in absolute numbers among Praetors but the Fellowship of Lords has the most adepts inside the Clan overall. Also, the Imperium votes added to those of the Fellowship are greater than all Knight Praetors, including the unsecured vote of Ilyana on our behalf.

Our objective is to get either the Primogen position or the Seneschal position for our Clan."

He sentenced with his last words.

Phillip nods and after a few seconds replies.
"My Lord Hayworth, what have we heard of Gregory Ellison. Is he still missing?"

David nods and replies.
"Yes Eiren Lawless. That's a lose end that could ruin our strategy. Taking that in consideration, the Prince has said that if he's not found before the next Primogen Council he'll be removed but first we need a Primogen to even summon the Council."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Star listen very carefully as David spoke. She had her own ideas of who could be an ideal candidate for these positions, though she found it hard to kept her opinion mostly quiet.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...Sire... Who are the most likely candidates for these positions?

I recall talk of Lord Valentine being considered as a better candidate for the position of Seneschal some time ago while I was taking to Lady Victoria. Do you believe he may be among the nominees?...

Also what about our Clan's Voice? ... Our Primogen?... I hate to think that we would get another man like Benjamin Hart.

Star said with clear distain in her voice for the man.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...What about yourself Sire?  Do you think you might wish to be considered for the position ? .... You are a Ancillae Elder after all. Hell you once were a fuck'n Templar. You are trustworthy and have the respect of our Clan. You have proven yourself more times than I'm sure any one of us could count to be a great asset to the court, especially in our times of need. None will soon forget how valiantly you stood with Lord Valentine during the chess club incident... You were inspiring.
I was honored I stood with you that night.

Star said gushing over how awesome she thought David actually was.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...This is just my opinion .... But i honestly think it would be favorable to the Court to have both positions taken up by the Knights of Blood Oath , especially when we are facing the brink of War.
My worst fear is to have the knights laid dormant again and have no strong military Council for our Prince.  "

Star added hopping her thoughts were not seen as too bold and stepping out of line.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:04 pm

David smiles condescendently and says.
"I'm also honoured to have fought by your side Rebecca."

Phillip on then looks meditatively to both and replies.
"My Lord Hayworth I understand you're backin' Lord Valentine's candidature for the Primogeniture but who are being considered for Seneschal?

I agree with Rebecca. We should consider to take both position or at least try to obtain both."

David looks surprised to Lawless with an expression that obviously meant 'you too?' then he replied trying to be reasonable.
"The Primogen position is the only one being considered tonight. The Seneschal will be decided in the Primogen Council and all Clans will propouse their candidates.

Also we Ventrue have lost alot of Dignitas in the eyes of the rest of the Clans. The Primogen Council Gregory Ellison and being implicated in this mess that was the attack on the Chess Club was, to say the least, a preposterous way to resolve inner political struggles.

In my opinion the next Seneschal will be from Clan Toreador."

Phillip quickly replied.
"I understand and of course Lord Valentine has an excellent relationship with Lady Marilyn the Eldest among the Fellowship, am I right?"

David nods.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:28 am

My Lord Hayworth I understand you're backin' Lord Valentine's candidature for the Primogen.
but who are being considered for Seneschal?

I agree with Rebecca. We should consider to take both position or at least try to obtain both."
Star gave a nod, happy Phillip saw her points valued.

Ventrue have lost alot of Dignitas in the eyes of the rest of the Clans.//The Primogen// Gregory Ellison  implicated //the attack on the Chess Club // inner political struggles.

In my opinion the next Seneschal will be from Clan Toreador."

Star's eyes narrowed abit hearing that the Toradors would have right to be the seneschal and acting prince in his absence. This was a ridiculous proposal especially being at the cusp of war

<... You fucking got to be kidding me! The Art Fags? ...ugh guess they are better then the damn Malk's whispering in our Prince's ear... But ugh... those Art fags know nothing of battle! I would sooner back Lord Primogen Astor for the position of seneschal over any of those people.>

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... ........"

Star felt her own prejudice arise and she had to hold back herself from speaking her thoughts about this fully....  instead she approached your thoughts as what to say with a delicate hand. Changing her tone and words to be more favorable and hide her prejudice.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... regardless of the King's current standing in the eyes of the other Clans, we are still Kings.

I still believe it would be advantageous  for us to still attempt to lobby for both political positions of the Princetom.

Or at least if nothing else hope to ensure the position of Seneschal falls in our favor by those we have a alliance with, like Lord Primogen Astor. At least he is a strong military minded individual who could lead in a time of war, and I'm sure our Prince would find his council most agreeable in dealing with the unseen factors to come..  "

Star still thought the best possible outcome would be Lord Valentine to take the position of Seneschal and Count Hayworth as there clan's Primogen.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...Perhaps this is just wishful thinking Sire, but if Lord Valentine becomes Primogen, then by the grace of God becomes our Seneschal,.... Is there a runner up that would take his place as Primogen?... or will the Board have to reconvene again to discuss such things?" because I still believe you my Sire would make a excellent Primogen.
Star said with a smile.

Star paused thinking of possible outcomes and looking a few steps ahead, drawing lines and connections in her mind.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Sire... There is a matter I would like to bring up... But only to those in this room.....

Its a stray thought... And not one I favor, but yet can't dispute...
If I was to look at the past events as what transpired within our Clan and court from "out side eyes"... Some unfavourable things come into my mind."

Star paused and chose her words very carefuly.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Please hear me out and know I am not speaking from a place of decent, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

You say that the other Clans are aware of the deception with in our ranks and Gregory Ellison being implicated in aque uprising to seize control of the Princedom.... Along with Hart and Randolph.
Not only does that look unfavourablly on our Clan, but also on our Prince.

Some might see this as a " lapse in judgement" to have such a position given to one so deceitful, and not see it coming... Regardless of what truly transpired, I'm sure this point could be argued all night.

But that's not the point.... The point I'm making is that We are on the cusp of War. And our Prince's judgment in who he chooses to appoint by his side and lead the Camirrila in his absence should NOT be brought into question..... But I'm sure that it is. Enough so that these incidences happened within our own Clan.  

To put it plainly Sire, I am worried about gossip, and About outsiders of our Clan questioning our Prince's ability to lead or choose who to lead in his stead when his own house was dirty. People will question why he let things escalate to this point in which it did. Why he did not act sooner.

Please now... I'm am not questioning our Prince... Perhaps this is just old-sabby thinking on my part. I'm used to those scheming and cutting their way to the top and looking for any indescrepencies to use against them to raise their own ranking and seize control.

I'm not 100% sure how things run within the Camarilla, but I'm positive our Prince will be under some scrutiny because of Ellison, Hart, and Randolph.
If members of his own clan would scheme for his position, how many others from other clans were looking for a opportunity to do the same?

Star paused switching her tone to try to cover just how concerened she actually was about this.
" look..  I know this is all far above my pay-grade to concern myself with, being I'm probably one of our Clan's youngest  members.... But still I can't help but worry....

<... I hope our Prince has a great PR person In his employ, 'cuz he is gona need it.>
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:48 pm

Is there a runner up that would take his place as Primogen?//because I still believe you my Sire would make a excellent Primogen.

David smiles greatly taking Rebecca's comment as a compliment.
"To answer your question, the Primogen position doesn't necesarily forbids to also be entitled as Seneschal. Many smaller Princedoms doesn't have enough kindreds of importance to fill all positions so its usual for one vampire to be Sheriff and Primogen at the same time.

However, that's not the case in New York where, on the contrary, are too many kindreds eager to fill those responsabilities. Therefore, to be considered as a candidate such Primogen must resign to the position before the Primogen Council voting."

And our Prince's judgment in who he chooses to appoint by his side and lead the Camirrila in his absence should NOT be brought into question.....
David negates with his head and explains patiently to his Childe.
"In some cities the Prince selects the Seneschal, not in New York. Here the Prince approves three candidates recommended by the Clans, there's no actual limit since each clan can propouse as many as they consider fit but at the end up to three kindreds are presented before the Primogen Council, selected by the criteria of his choosing, from physical trials to academic exams, or none if he wishes to just point at the candidates.

The Prince could only choose two or one, even more he could select none but that will require an explaination to the Primogen Council. If the Council doesn't agree with the Prince they can call one candidate from those discarded by him... but if we refer back to the Princedom of Nurenberg issue that's not either absolute.

A long time ago, in a City called Nurenberg, back in Germany, a Prince defied the Primogen Council's choice. The ruler had selected just two candidates, since all the others were threating his position. The Council selected a third and that was chosen to be Seneschal of the City and the Prince had to bend to the will of the Council, so instead he convincingly accused the newly named Seneschal of being an infiltrated Sabbat and declared a Blood Hunt against him.

Ever since, the Prince can suspend the Seneschal naming ceremony if the Primogen Council and him does not agree, posponing it to another date."

To put it plainly Sire, I am worried about gossip, and About outsiders of our Clan questioning our Prince's ability to lead or choose who to lead in his stead when his own house was dirty.
David understands Rebecca's doubt and equally patiently he explained.
"The Prince position hoards a lot of power and during the old nights Princes had even more power than they do in modern nights. In the Dark Ages the Princes were the Warlords, the Tyrants that controlled the Domain with an iron fist.

The Primogen Council was not an institution but an option for some cities with enough Elders to represent their interests and the Seneschal was the Prince buttler, that painted the little details under the Prince's wide brush. Back then the Prince could adapt the Traditions and interprete them at will, even executing his political opposition with anything more than a shallow explaination.

Now, in modern nights, the Prince writes the Laws and summons the Conclave, he or she can veto a Primogen, name the Elysium keepers, give or take territories to the Clans, demand taxes and give orders to any Kindred in his Princedom. These are just a short summary of the many implications that such power entwines.

The Primogen Council can veto the Prince with two thirds of the votes, can select the Seneschal with more than half of the votes, chooses the Sheriff, can veto the Scorge entitling and name the Elysium's Arpies. Again this is just a rough summary of the power that the Council has."

He mades a pause and then continues.
"Then, what power does the Seneschal has?

He or she is in charge of the Prince's agenda and the Primogen Council's order of the day. If any kindred wants to speak to the Prince or include his topic for the Primogen to discuss it, only the Seneschal can include it. Except of course, of the Prince and the Primogens.

The Seneschal is also in charge of the Princedom archive, he accounts for all decisions taken by any of the Primogen or Princeses of the New York. He also holds the Princedom history books, takes note of every important meeting and archives a memo with every word said and every action that took place during the event.

He also acts as Speaker of the Court, communicating the Princes Edicts and the Council resolutions to the rest of the kindreds present in the Princedom.

... and of course he can act as Prince when the ruler is absent. If that happends the Primogen Council can vouch the Seneschal as the new Prince, removing the previous rights and title."

He mades a long pause to let Rebecca and Phillip digest all that and then he says.
"The Prince could have veto Hart or veto Randolph is he would have been aware of their wrong doings. In that sense the Nosferatu are in charge of giving the Prince most part of the intelligence information to counter this kind of behavior but their clan was confined and their Primogen openly against him.

Hart felonies against the Clan Ventrue are one thing but Randolph was selected by the Primogen Council so his doing are their responsability as much as Hart's doing is the Clan Ventrue's fault. Also regarding the perjudices of their actions the most affected was Clan Ventrue and that incident was perfectly covered in part thanks to the Toreador but by our Prince's orders. Also the chemicals brought by Brooklyn cause a city wide conmotion, that was also Hart's doing but it was handled well, again by our Prince's orders.

The list goes on and on, our Prince have solved every problem in a satisfactory way, given the circumstances."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:54 am

Star listened carfuly as David explained things, she found many correlations between how the Camarilla runs its inner circles and how the US Congress and Senate are run, with the President not having absolute total over the Sect. Unlike the things she had heard from her time in the Sabat and how they run things. Of course being that the Camarilla was more politically minded she should expect such things. At least hearing all of this made her loosen her fears about the situation at hand.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Thank you Sire, hearing this has put a lot of my fears at ease. I appreciate you explaining this, rather than just waving my fears and questions off due to my age."
Something Star had become used to in the Sabbat any time she would dare to ask questions about the deep inner workings of things or even questioning her superiors would land her with a good swift kick to the ground.

Hearing also that the Prince had been handling such treacherous attacks from within his own house  so efficiently made Star slightly in awe of her Prince.
Star thought back to the giant chess board at the Chess Club, and imagined how a great game of chess would be played among elders. In her mind the Prince had engaged in such a game, strategicly moving his pieces around to counter Randolph, Hart and Ellison.
<...It was brilliant really,...>
she thought.
(੭ु´・ω・`)੭ु⁾⁾
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:58 pm

Lawless listened in silence to David's explaination. In his heart, he was worried about the trecherous deeds of Hart and fellow Ventrue and also a leader among many other peers, such as Lucy Lockwood, Nathan Raldolph and Jennie Spencer-Churchill among others, the whole Imperium for that matter was now without Dignitas and that means a profound reorganization of the Board.

Also, considering Ellison's as a Revenant Family to Ventrue Clan also they will have a word to speak in this meeting, surely Adelaidah Ellison will come forth to speak, even as a ghoul.

He looked at Rebecca taking the hint of her silent request for feedback and said.
"Half of the Clan is off.

I don't know, what will we do? The Imperium is the ... was... until Hart and Randolph's destruction, the most numerous faction of the Clan. Now, the Knights are the most numerous but is that enough?

Lady Illyana and her Russian mob is a Knight but refuses to follow Lord Valentine's orders, barely complying to obey the Prince. My point being, if we can't unite the Knights, or can we? How are we going to reunite the Clan? I'm sorry to say this my Lord Hayworth but I have my doubts."

Then with a pitch a little higher than the calm demeanor Phillip use to have he continues.
"The Clan crumbles because of Benjamin's betrayal!"

David looks worried at Phillip and replies.
"Eiren...

The Clan is not crumbling. Over the years we have faced greater perils and still we exist, this is nothing in comparisson to a Sabbat Siege where no one is safe from betrayal. This Clan has nothing to fear from such puny attempts to break our morale, we will prevail!

The Imperium is without a head, unless Gregory Ellison appears and that will also mean he will have a lot to explain before the Board. That means that Eliah is probably thinking right now to take over The Imperium and that will greatly weaken the Fellowship.

Lord Valentine's selection as a Primogen is almost secured and he will bring order and cohesion to the Clan like no other Ventrue could in this circumstances. He was the one that forged the alliance with the Gangrel, together we defended the Chess Club and for Gangrel to have share our blood in the same battle field is a long lasting alliance like no paper or word could forge.

Even the Fellowship will appreciate that and Marilyn is at the moment second to Eliah and that means the next leader of the Fellowship and also an ally to Lord Valentine."

He made a pause to emphasize the following.
"Remember Eiren of Police, Eiren of Gangs...

We are not alone and the Ephorate is also watching us at this moment...

Hart was a renowed Ephore and his actions were a betrayal to the Clan as a whole in a world wide scale. Pieterzon will make a move within the Ephorate and even having no real influence in this City, he is a renown kindred and probably will be promoted to fill Hart's position, giving him full control over The Imperium and enforcing the alliance between the Fellowship and the Knights.

The result would be a well grounded and honorable kindred in front of the Imperium to settle the conflict inside the Clan and a even stronger alliance between the Knights and the Fellowship of Lords. Hence an stronger Clan of Kings to rule the City."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Star was silent for a long time, listening to both Philip and her Sire speak of their concerns and the hopeful out comes of that they  anticipate to happen.

Lady Illyana and her Russian mob is a Knight but refuses to follow Lord Valentine//
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR (mumbling)▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Phh-tisk... if she was smart she would stop acting like a scorned lover and do what was best for our Clan to unite.. "
Star mumbled in a low tone

There was a lump of hate and disdain in Star's heart for Hart and his ilk. The whole Imperium left a  sour taste in her mouth, especially after talking with Lockwood and Nathan, who she would love to have a opportunity to punch them in their face. Star would not soon forget their remarks about her Dad, Sir HellSong and their additueds towards the Gangrel Alliance.

Lord Valentine's selection as a Primogen is almost secured and he will bring order and cohesion to the Clan like no other Ventrue could in this circumstances. He was the one that forged the alliance with the Gangrel,
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Yeah about 'dat. .. No doubt Lord Valentine would bring order, but its no secret those "Imp-snobs" ....."
<..imp-snobs... Hee-Hee I like that, I think I'll add that to my vocabulary Hee-Hee .>
She thought with a crooked grin.
".... are a posed to the Gangrel alliance and see it as a fools quest. They see the clan as nothing more than animals masquerading as men. And perhaps some are .... Like the Beast Hunters in the Sabbat... But not the ones I have seen in the Camarilla.

What I'm saying is the Imp-Snobs are not going to sit quietly and behave. I fear Lord Valentine will certainly have his work cut out for him.

The Imperium is without a head, unless Gregory Ellison appears and that will also mean he will have a lot to explain before the Board.
<.... Yeah fuck him, I hope he says in what ever hole he crawled into.>

That means that Eliah , Eliah is probably thinking right now to take over The Imperium and that will greatly weaken the Fellowship.
Star raised a eyebrow at this..
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... How so?...Eliah is that guy with that new bride chick i met at the duel thingy at the Chess Club with HellSong and Adam. From what I saw Eliah seems more held together then Hart's ilk. How will he taking over the Imperium effect the Fellowship?
"

The result would be a well grounded and honorable kindred in front of the Imperium to settle the conflict inside the Clan and a even stronger alliance between the Knights and the Fellowship of Lords. Hence an stronger Clan of Kings to rule the City."
Star remained quiet and looked at Phillip trying to gage his expression and thoughts.
Part of her though David was just trying to  reassure them that erything was going to turn out roses, but she still had that lingering feeling that deception is on the air.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... I wish I had your faith Sire...."
Star said softly, not looking convinced. ...
" ...I pray that you are correct and the Kings will stand united again...."
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:48 pm

" ... Phh-tisk... if she was smart she would stop acting like a scorned lover and do what was best for our Clan to unite.. "

David gave Star a hard look. After all she was an Elder and also a Ventrue.

What I'm saying is the Imp-Snobs are not going to sit quietly and behave. I fear Lord Valentine will certainly have his work cut out for him.

David seemed more upset with these colourful names for the kindreds of the Imperium and David looked straight and harsh to Rebecca, judging her for the manners of speach.

The conversation was held my the Count presence and estocisim.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:08 pm

Star picked up on David's displeasure with her off color comments and joke.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Jesus ... Tough room."
She muttered softly with some humor to her words and then gave David a apologetic look.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... OK OK... Jezzuss .. I'm sorry, I was just joking about with the name calling.. "
Though Star still found the nickname rather funny.
▂▂▂▂(Mumbling) ▂▂▂▂▂
" I'm sure they have called us worse..  But... I shall keep my thoughts to myself then, its not like I would ever say such things to their face.... I know better than that.
Star mumbled with a humorous shrug.
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:10 am

While David had a straight face, Phillip on the other hand found slightly amusing the Sire Childe dynamic about the proper way to refer to elders.

" ... How so?...Eliah is that guy with that new bride chick i met at the duel thingy at the Chess Club with HellSong and Adam. From what I saw Eliah seems more held together then Hart's ilk. How will he taking over the Imperium effect the Fellowship?

David replied.
"Eliah Ellison Praetor of Real Estates and his Childe Samantha Wilson, he is also the natural born of Gregory Ellison and member of the Ellison Lineage, a Revenant Family of the Ventrue Clan.

He is been struggling for years with his father, Gregory is or was a member of the Imperium while his son Eliah is formally a member of the Fellowship of Lords.

Now, since his father disapairance Eliah could join the Imperium, he and Jan Pieterzoon are the only Praetors of the faction and therefore the only worthy of being cadidates for the Primogen position.

Pieterzoon is a known apolitical kindred, he is a Geronte due to his ancestry of one member of the Camarilla's inner council and Praetor by our Prince's request but he barely assists at all to Board meetings and despises political struggles.

Hence, Eliah would be the only practical or logical candidate of the Imperium to run as Primogen."

" ...I pray that you are correct and the Kings will stand united again...."
He made a pause before answering
"We have urgent matters on our plate, more important even than our clan's inner feuds. Matheus has not been found yet, neither the rest of the Sabbat that surely hasn't forsaken the city or their intentions to coup the Princedom.

We as a Clan must stand united and we must honour our alliance with Clan Gangrel. Not because of pride or status quo but because of survival. The Clan Ventrue is been threaten, infiltrated and corrupted, we're the pillar that keeps the Camarilla from falling, we must prevail."

He mades a pause and then says.
"You see my Childe is not a matter of Faith but a matter of need and survavillity. I know that we at the end of the line are ready to give up everything to preserve what matters the most."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Pieterzoon // barely assists at all to Board meetings and despises political struggles.

<.... Maybe Jan has the right idea... Keep ya head down and Avoid the clan drama and the  squabbling of the Elders  showboating and trying to establish who is the most important person in the room. heehee.>
Star thought, but didn't dare say anything

Matheus has not been found yet, neither the rest of the Sabbat that surely hasn't forsaken the city or their intentions to coup the Princedom.
<...ooh yeah that sh!thead is still out there.... probably planning another Shovel Night!
Damn those poor unsuspecting people will get dragged into the Sabbat's bullish!t the same way I did..... >

Star actually felt a bit of remorse and anger when she thought about it. And her hate only grew from this, she wanted to kill Matheus and all that were responsible for ending her life in ways that were hardly becoming of a Ventrue, or even a Camarilla Kindred for that matter. The torture she had in mind for him would make a Tzimice blush. Sadly she knew she would never get the opportunity, but that didn't mean she couldn't dream.

The Clan Ventrue is been threaten, infiltrated and corrupted, we're the pillar that keeps the Camarilla from falling, we must prevail.
//we // are ready to give up everything to preserve what matters the most."
Star gave her Sire a nod and took his words to heart.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" .. I know I joke around about a lot of things... And it may seem childish..... And yah it is I admit.

But ya always got to remember to smile and laugh a little bit ... even in the most  of unpleasent of circumstances... even at your own expense.  Or else you'll get crushed under the weight of the complexity of seriousness of the reality of it all."

Star said cracking a smile.

▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... OK so maybe I'm not what ya would think as ya typical Ventrue. But I do honor the blood in my veins... I'm proud to be a member of the Great Clan of Kings, and a Knight. Two things I take very seriously. The Ventrue are the  pillars of the Cam,  I would gladly give up everything for my Clan to keep it that way..... "
She said truthfully.
" ... A lot of the internal struggle is above my pay grade, and the forces we are facing with the Sabbat seem overwhelming at times. But I never back down for the sake of my clan, my Prince and the Camarilla. You have all given my life meaning again, and I would do anything to see us survive and succeed.

What can I do to help sire?
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Phillip as usual was a man of few words, still Rebecca noticed that he was moved by her words and empathetic to her high purpose for the Clan.

David was also empathetic to her in a more personal way. Projecting himself in her, her dedication and loyalty.

What can I do to help sire?
"Childe, you make me proud. Your unbreakable spirit is your most valuable asset, keep it safe."

Then after a short pause he continued.
"Eirens our strategy is set but we have to discover our clanmates' plans and adjust during the Board session.

Each of the Candidates will appear with a banner behind them of those, if any, factions that supports them. Any Praetor or kindred of highest rank can present before the Board as candidate to Primogenship.

Each will try to convince the Board with their arguments and debate with any kindred, that includes you too, in order to earn as much support as he or she can. During the Debate power swings and alliances change, even banners can be removed from vouching a candidate.

It is ruthless, you may ask respectfully anything and debate until a member of the Board slams the judge hammer finishing each individual debate. Usually Eirens get less time, so make sure to be quick. Question any weakness and be respectful at all times.

I have told you as much as I could about our opposition in general because no one knows for certain who are the candidates until the Board starts. Except for our own, so reveal Valentine's intentions to no one."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Childe, you make me proud. Your unbreakable spirit is your most valuable asset, keep it safe.

Star gave her sire a smile at hearing that David was proud of her And His words ment the world to her in this moment.

Star knew that her humor could be immature and off colored at times, , but she really does believed in the things she said all joking aside. She felt a strong loyalty to her Clan and the Camarilla for giving her a purpose in this undead life.

Eirens our strategy is set but we have to discover our clanmates' plans and adjust during the Board session.
Star wasn't quite sure just how this would be done and she gave David a strange look.

Each will try to convince the Board with their arguments and debate with any kindred, that includes you too, in order to earn as much support as he or she can.

you may ask respectfully anything and debate // Usually Eirens get less time, so make sure to be quick. Question any weakness and be respectful at all times.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...Our opinions matter??  Even from us?..."
Star said a bit surprised at this.

It was clear that she had some nervousness about even speaking during the Board Meeting in the presence of her Elders and her Prince. Thinking about this made Star ponder a question...

Star paused for a moment and asked...
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Is our Prince going to be attending this Board Meeting Sire?"
Star said trying to hide the nervousness in her voice. Star wasn't even sure who the Prince actually was, all she ever his name and what others have told her about him. She just knew she owed the Prince her unlife and didn't want to fuck up in his presence.

//reveal Valentine's intentions to no one."
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Of course Sire...."

Star gave a pause...
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...soo.. regardless of who gets nominated,... its in our best interest to support Lord Valentine, and find flaws in the other candidates ... Yeah? That's the tall and skinny of it right?"
Star said just trying to figure out the game plan here
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 pm

" ...Our opinions matter?? Even from us?..."

David was confused. His expression said 'of course'

" ... Is our Prince going to be attending this Board Meeting Sire?"
David nods with a strange expression and said.
"Not only that, he will be leading it. After all he is the President of the Gerousia."

" ...soo.. regardless of who gets nominated,... its in our best interest to support Lord Valentine, and find flaws in the other candidates ... Yeah? That's the tall and skinny of it right?"
David says.
"Each candidate will be properly introduced but yes Lord Pieterzoon is skinny."

He made a pause and then said.
"Very well. You're dismissed, be punctual at midnight at Elysium."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:27 pm

David was confused. His expression said 'of course'
Star returned David's confused look, she still was surprised that her opponent would matter.

Not only that, he will be leading it. After all he is the President of the Gerousia."
Star raised a eyebrow.
<... Peachy....>

yes Lord Pieterzoon is skinny.
Star cracked a smile and had to stop herself from chuckling at David for not picking up on her "street-talk" .
<...Hee-Hee...>

Very well. You're dismissed, be punctual at midnight at Elysium."
Star gives a nod and checks the time on her phone.
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ... Sure thing... I'll be punctual."

Star said as she turned to Phillip and gave him a grin,
▂▂▂▂▂▂ STAR ▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ...well let's hope this goes smoothly. "
Star
Star
Elder
Elder

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down