The Postman Always Rings Twice (Hunter)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Postman Always Rings Twice (Hunter)

Post  Malakiel on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:00 pm

Hunter is getting ready to go to work it's almost time to hit the road and get back to the station. He feels to warm hug of Maggy still longing for his tender love. He feels her body attached to him from his back and her arms tight to his chest in a romantic embrace.

She says.
"I love you Hunter Doyle. I really do..."

View user profile http://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Postman Always Rings Twice (Hunter)

Post  Hunter on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:37 pm

He lets her hug him for a moment before turning around to look at her.
”And I love you Margareth Doyle.”

One final kiss before he reluctantly puts his boots and jacket on. He tells her goodbye and then walks back to work for his first night shift with a new partner.

The walk lets him focus, to get his head back in the right frame of mind. By the time he’s at the station and back in uniform, he has readied himself for the unpredictable night.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Hunter rushes back to the station finding everything in order, starting for Pherguson already sitting at the lobby of the station waiting for her partner. The second he enters the building she checks her wrist watch, then stands up saying.
"Hello Doyle." she starts following him.

The watchs starts by picking the order of the day. A wooden board with the issues reported so far, things to be aware of or to keep present, this also includes part of the Fleet Report a document containing all units available for the night. Just average. Regarding the intel information, some neighbors have called 9-11 in previous nights reporting robbery and drug dealing in the surroundings, also there's a report of animal attack, presumibly a stray dog but without capture yet. Finally, a transgender prostitute name Glance was given a warning and she/he should not be working on the streets near the precint anymore.

The two cops get into the patrol and hit the lights to start the night off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:54 pm

As he’s drivning the patrol car, he takes them out into the dark Brooklyn streets and starts doing a routine patrol.

”Everyhing ok with you Ferguson? You ready for this? We’ll start with a routine patrol of the area and see what shows up. Keep a look out for the animal that might be responsible for the attack and if someone fitting the description of the robbers from last night shows up. I can’t say I feel we need to focus on the prostitute with the others things going on but if he shows up we need to assert the warning given.”

He was very curious to see how the rookie would handle the night. From what he had heard earlier he wasn’t worried about her freezing up or anything like that but where would that focus take her, was the question.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Everyhing ok with you Ferguson? You ready for this?
She nods and says.
"Squared away for my 4-11 serg." she winks and smiles.

We’ll start with a routine patrol of the area and see what shows up. Keep a look out for the animal that might be responsible for the attack and if someone fitting the description of the robbers from last night shows up. I can’t say I feel we need to focus on the prostitute with the others things going on but if he shows up we need to assert the warning given.
She nods and takes the instruction to the heart.
"Roger that serg."

After a while of silence Pherguson finally breaks the ice with a comment.
"Serg, ain't that funny?"

Hunter was of course focus on the road and the left sidewalk while Mathilda was mostly on the right one. His attention is inmediately drawn to a dark alley, there was the silluette of a man standing against a wall, nothing interesting about it, except for another shadow barely visible at all about the size of another person, high enough to reach the first silluette hips, moving suspiciously.

As Hunter slows down Pherguson takes the flashlight and points in, to discover a man, not transgender giving a blowjob to another in the dark alley in question. The patrol' siren makes a beep and the two broke the act to start running down the alley in terror.

Mathilda breaks to laught shortly amused by their stupidity. She whispers to Hunter.
"Get a room you two."

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Hunter joins Ferguson in a short laugh.
”Some people just can’t wait I guess. Welcome to the night shift, rookie.”

He shakes his head with a final chuckle before driving off. Sure, it could have been prostitution but most likely it was just two consenting adults to eager to wait until they got behind closed doors. Either way, barely misdemeanors and pointless in pursuing. Hunter was glad Ferguson seemed to see it the same way, he really didn’t want to waste time chasing after his partner just to catch to love-birds with an exhobistionist streak.

He indicated the clipboard with copies of ongoing investigations.
”You got some information on that robbery that went down yesterday? Or the drug dealing?”
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:49 pm

”You got some information on that robbery that went down yesterday? Or the drug dealing?”
She nods and says.
"That's affirmative serg. The robbery was a break in, the robbers breached a warehouse in the National Grid depot, near the Newtown Creek. It's the third in two months... these Crunchies M.O. its infiltration and extraction, using mechanical tools and a blowtorch.

...about the dealers there's not much. Just that they're using delivery cars to transport their shit."
she said with a unsatisfied tone of voice.

Then she turns to Hunter.
"Do you wanna take a look?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:04 am

He looks around for a place to park so that he can take a look at the reports. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust Ferguson just that he wanted to make sure she hadn’t missed anything important and see if something might click with his experience and streetwise, things the rookie hadn’t much of yet.

”Anything about what kinds of delivery trucks?”

He pulled over to the side of the street and reached for the clipboard.

Hunter hated drug dealers. The very organised robbery gang was an important thing to stop of course but it didn’t affect him as much as drug dealers did. That shit was corruption, evil, pure and simple, as those fuckers targeted children either as recruits or future clients. Drug dealers ruined lives in ways few other crimes did and Hunter loathed them for it. It would be really good if they could get the ones responsible for the delivery trucks and get that shit of the streets; drugs and dealers alike. So in a way it was a petty they had clearer leads on the robberies but if he couldn’t see something that Ferguson missed they would probably focus on the warehouse robbery.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:53 am

While Hunter was double checking the intel data without finding a word about the details of the robbery, Ferguson said looking out of the window.
"You won't find it there."

Confused by his partner comment Hunter looks at her and she continues.
"While you went home I stuck around to gather some intel about our zone and talked to one of the detective that is attending to this case, Mathew. He was kind enough to share some of his unconfirmed information."

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:00 pm

He arcs an eyebrow at Ferguson and shuts the folder.
”Why didn’t you say that to begin with? Anyway, lay it on me then. What unconfirmed information did Matthew give you?”

Didn’t she have any life besides work? Or was she really just that eager and dedicated? Hunter didn’t know but he needed to find out eventually. Hold back information until it was asked was not the best way to start a partnership but he was, for now, willing to let that go.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Why didn’t you say that to begin with?

She shrugs and looks back at Hunter trying to figure him out.

Anyway, lay it on me then. What unconfirmed information did Matthew give you?”
She replies quickly.
"What I just told you serg. The robbery near the creek, that's all."

Looking at Hunter thinking over and over about this situation she said.
"I'm the rookie here. Not gonna' jump ahead until you ask my opinion that for all I know it's worth squat. As a soldier I can execute orders without a problem, in my unit I'd kick any wise-ass gedunk wanting to tell me how to do ma'job... Serg."

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:25 pm

He listens to her and nods.
”Fair enough, I can see your point but from here on out we share all relevant information, ok? You know something not in the reports, you let me know. Don’t be afraid to come with ideas and suggestions, for now it’ll be my decision if we follow them but you can’t just follow orders. This isn’t the military, as police officers he have to be more flexible. You get my drift?”

He starts pulling out onto the streets again. Maybe his CI, Toby, has some information on these robberies. Hunter makes a mental inte of giving him a call later.
”So, from what Matthew said, do you see any point in going back to the National Grid Depot? The responding officers already went over the scene, so did the lead Detective so strictly from the report I can’t really see why we should go back there. Unless Matthew told you something or gave you the impression of having missed something.”

After a short break, before she answers he adds.
”I have an informer that might know something, it's nothing certain and his kinda a pain in the ass but if nothing else pans out I’ll hit him up.”
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:52 pm

You get my drift?”
"That's a roger serg." she smiles.

Unless Matthew told you something or gave you the impression of having missed something.
Her eyes blazed and she said looking at Hunter.
"If he had I'd have told you, Sir. we share all relevant information, remember?"

She continued and said.
"I'm not a detective, that's their job. We can keep an eye in case anything pops up. Not saying that it might but surely doesn't hurt to just watch."

I have an informer that might know something, it's nothing certain and his kinda a pain in the ass but if nothing else pans out I’ll hit him up.
She giggles.
"So you're detective material, Sir." she means it as a joke.

The girl keeps quiet while Hunter assets her intentions and the path to follow. Again she's not making the calls tonight even from the police perspective she felt it was not her place.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:23 pm

Hunter sets the course and drives towards the scene of the robbery. Like Ferguson said, it doesn’t hurt to watch. If something happens elsewhere they’ll hear it over the radio and if needed they’ll be called, so why the hell not.

He chooses to ignore the blazing gaze, easily enough as he drives. An unnecessary comment from his part, he didn’t mean anything by it but gets that it might have been perceived that way.

We can keep an eye in case anything pops up. Not saying that it might but surely doesn't hurt to just watch."
”Probably not, let's take look at the scene.

"So you're detective material, Sir."
He snorts a short laugh and then shrugs his shoulders.
”Some seem to think so. I worked with them exclusively for a while, if I wanted to I could have gone that way, my partner at the time did, she’s with the Special Victims Department here in Brooklyn now. I’ll call my guy from the watch if it stays uneventful.”

But first he makes a quick stop for coffee, a stakeout like this requires a large cup. If Ferguson wants some he’ll pay for it, if she doesn’t that’s fine too.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:03 pm

When they stopped by a dinner to grab some coffee Pherguson went out of the car assuming she was expected to pay for it, afterall she was the rookie. Hunter surprised her in his intent to pay for his own coffee. It wasn't an argument at all, the two of them getting down the patrol assuming wrongly what the other was expecting of them.

On their way the smell coffee made Mathilda's tongue lose.
"You know... New York is a strange city, it's been years since I walked these streets and even if everything has changed I can still recognize it. Is that strange serg?"

The road down the creek was nothing out of the ordinary, they had to pull over a guy with a mal functioning rear light and that was the most exciting part of the ride. As they approached to the depot the streets started to be emptier by the second. The night life in this part of the city was almost null, one of the most active harbors of the city in day hours was almost a grave yard at night.

The patrol siren and roof lights were off as they approached to the zone of interest to realize that something was going on. There was alot of movement in one of the decks, it wasn't usual to have activity this late into the night, only the Hudson's rivers received boats 24x7.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:11 am

"You know... New York is a strange city, it's been years since I walked these streets and even if everything has changed I can still recognize it. Is that strange serg?"
”Nah, I don’t think so, there’s no other place like it. If you’re a new yorker it will always be home, no matter how long you’ve been away.”

Hunter was beginning to think this would be an uneventful shift as they gave the guy a warning for the rear light, not even a ticket since he seemed genuinely surprised and promised to have it fixed the next morning. How wrong he would be.

Noticing the activity put him back on the alert, he parked the patrol car and turned of the engine in a dark spot where they could watch the deck and not be easily spotted.
”This seems fishy. Let’s see what they are doing, whether it’s legitimate activity or not and if we can get a headcount. You see any weapons on them?”

He figured Ferguson would be even better than him at spotting if people were carrying and he would be better equipped judging the legality of the situation. There shouldn’t be activity here at night and Hunter wondered if maybe the robbers had hit the same area again. Any license plates and possible owners were checked in the systems to see if anything popped up. How many where they? What were they doing? If it was, as he suspected it was, illegal how would they go about arresting them? Many such questions raced inside his mind as he observed it all in alert silence.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:23 am

The Patrol stops at Meeker Av. and Pherguson reports two security guards keeping three trucked that are being loaded by forklift moving back and forward from a small size cargo ship anchor to the dock. At the docks Hunter could descry at least one more guard, fully armored and using an automatic sub machine gun appearantly MP5. At some point in between was another guard patrolling the forklift's routes.

Regarding the cargo, the round containers seemed to hold some sort of liquid that, judging by the security sign on it, was toxic and flammable.

Pherguson looks at Hunter waiting for instructions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Hunter radios in where they are and what they have discovered in all the proper shorts and codes. He makes sure to highlight that the four men are wearing body armor, is heavily armed and that the cargo is labeled as toxic and extremely flammable, possibly radioactive. He ends with the request of someone looking up this shipment, if it’s legitimate or not, and that they’ll stay put until further notice.

”You’re wearing a vest right, and your sidearm is in perfect order?”
His tone was collected and matter-of-factly. He’d be hell of surprised if she weren’t but he needed to be sure, if this went sideways there could be no hiccups.

Absent-mindedly he caressed his wedding ring with his left hand as he waited for a replay from dispatch. He kept watching the scene as he asked Ferguson:
”You think these guys are former military? They look more like Blackwater-type mercs than security guards or gangsters to me.”
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Pherguson checked her gun loading one bullet in the chamber by pulling back the car knocked gently her vest with her gun just for Hunter to hear the toc. She said.
"Armed and ready, serg. Waiting for your call."

The operation developed in front of Hunter and Mathilda, the forklifter went back and forth bringing more and more cylinders until the first truck was ready to departure. Pherguson looked at Hunter intensively, he could read her intention to block the truck on their way out and findout what was going on but she stayed silent waiting for instructions.

Two bikers started to escort the truck on its movement, as it got to the border of Bridgewater st it was visiblle that it wasn't a dangerous substance transportation, it didn't even had a hazard symbol on it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Without even looking at Ferguson, Hunter started the car and moved to follow the biker escorted truck without lights or sirens, instead staying as out of sight as possible. Meanwhile, he called for immediate backup; demanding that all units moved in on the remaining two trucks and guards immediately, repeating that they are heavily armed and transporting canisters that are marked as flammable and toxic.
”Strike hard, fast and loud! I’m gonna follow the truck already moving and see where it goes.”

As they stalk the truck, he glanced at Ferguson.
”There were no way we could contain all those people in the docks, if they decided to run most would probably get away. Following this one might lead us to who’s in charge or we can stop it at a better location, getting control of both truck and people. The other units can take care of those still in the docks.”

Hunter had his sight fixed on the truck, ready to accelerate and pursue if the truck spotted them and tried to get away.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Hunter described in radio contact the truck and the bikers moving down Varick street while he was driving the patrol down Versik street finding the convoy a little too close in Nassau Av.

He had not to wait for an answer, the radio inmediately responded to the Indiana 10-60 code, unit 33 in pursuit of suspects down Nassau av."All units assist in Van dam street, block Nassau prolongation and await for the incoming truck. The suspects are consider armed and dangerous."

The patrol followed the truck and the bikers for a while but before crossing Van Dam street one of the bikers stopped block the street with its vehicle and drawing an Uzi 9mm dragonfire he full bursts the patrol buying some time for the rest of the convoy to escape.

Hunter was taken by surprise but with his excellent skills at the wheel he managed to street on tract, having one of the lights destroyed and some bullets breaking the patrol's windshield. Pherguson takes out her gun and starts shooting over the side mirror impacting the helmet breaking the front glass and two times in the chest. Doyle could see the hole in the biker's helmet face glass right in the center but the biker didn't even moved.

Pherguson encouraged to pump gas and run over him but the biker's fast reflexes got him driving out of the way in a second, Hunter's patrol was now between the front biker and pursuit by the other from close.

The radio said.
"Unit 58 responding to block Nassau."

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:37 pm

”No, fucking way!”
She hit him! Ferguson fucking hit him right in the face! He shouldn’t be able to move, much less drive a bike as if nothing happened! His mind was racing with possible ways of stopping them, realising he had armed hostiles both in front and behind. He let the biker behind him come closer.

”Hang on!”
He slammed the brakes so the biker crashed into his rear, then quickly started accelerating again, catching up to the other biker and truck. His plan was to get in front of the truck and block it’s path.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 pm

Pherguson press herself against between the front panel and the copilot sit, to hold the slam of the breaks. The motorcycle indeed crushes at high speed against the back bumper with a brutal force. The bike catapults the driver making his helmet slam the trunk and his body roll furiously over the patrol to land at the other side on his feet. There almost without a scratch or caring at all about the damage he draws again his already reloaded machinegun to full burst the windshield forcing both Hunter and Mathilda to hide under the front panel, avoiding all the bullets with difficulty.

Doyle got a flesh wound on his shoulder while Pherguson got cut by the broken glass pieces shattering over her face. However both were safe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:41 pm

The moment the uzi-burst stopped Hunter hit the gas, aiming to run the guy over. He was shocked, furious and full on adrenaline which means that decision was instinctual rather than a conscious one.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:20 pm

As Hunter smashes the pedal down the shooter gets almost out of the way, being hit by one side of the car, throwing him sideways against a near by wall. Without a windshield the cold autum breeze penetrated in the cabin making difficult to see in front but surely the truck and the other biker had gain an advantage.

Patrol 58 that responded to the emergency call was obstructing the way for the truck, it was pushing the front side of the patrol away from its path and then continue in its escape. As it got out of the way, Hunter could see Erick and Samantha, laying dead inside like a strainer, bathed in their own blood.

After the truck advances the biker follows. Hunter is in pursuit and Pherguson screams looking back.
"YOU GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!"

Hunter watches the other biker to stand up and steal a car killing the driver in the middle of the street.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next