Rutinary Patrol (Hunter)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rutinary Patrol (Hunter)

Post  Malakiel on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:58 pm

It was a common, ordinary day at the police station, a very cold autum morning about 10 AM when the Captain called Hunter to his office. Mike has already taken the chair to the heart, not much was left of the on-foot officer that he once was, he got wider and more comfortable, he had a beard now with some white hari showing up.

The captain was sitting comfortably all suited with tie and everything of his customary clothing, drinking another cup of coffee, may be the tenth so far. As Hunter came into his office, the good hearted cap stood up to receive his old friend offering a chair and taking his back to talk about some official subject.

Callahan says.
"Hunter how are the street treating you my friend?

I read your report on yesterday's raid. Good work capturing that band, poor bastards, ruining their lives, so young and already so screwed up. Also you recovered most of the stolen car radios."

View user profile http://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rutinary Patrol (Hunter)

Post  Hunter on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:01 am

Hunter walked easily into the office of his old partner, he looked with a smile on the Captain. Although he wasn’t quite the man he had been, Mike was still a great cop and a good man. If anyone had earned the privilege of getting comfortable it was Mike.

Hunter gave his friend a teasing but friendly pat on the stomach as the older man offered him a seat. He said:
”You know how it is; some days they’re good, some days they’re not. Today is a good day.”

Their first exchange was friendly, informal, but as soon as Hunter sat down in the offered chair it became more formal, in this setting Mike was his superior and Hunter both understod and respected that difference in their relation.

”Thank you, Captain. It was a good bust, no one got seriously injured and the suspects seems ready to talk. I don’t think it’ll be long before they tell us who their buyers are. Conway, over at the gang unit, says they’re not part of any known outfit so it seems to be small timers. Youngsters looking to make easy money, a damn shame but not a serious issue. We’ll see when the interrogations are over.”

He shrugs his shoulders. Small timers… kids ruining their lives for nickels and dimes, a damn shame indeed.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:44 am

Thank you, Captain. It was a good bust, no one got seriously injured and the suspects seems ready to talk...
The Captain nods with a smirk in his face, a twick he had when he was holding something back.
"A good job and all... but someone could have got hurt Hunter... you cannot keep doing this alone, even if they're just a bunch of kids, they could have had gun and you might be hurted before your backup arrived..."

He hesitates and then says.
"You need a partner Doyle. The department cannot afford to lose one its best detective and goddamn it I cannot lose another friend. This decision is final."

Of course Callahan was refering to a shooting a week ago, when a bunch of wackos pretending to be vampires assaulted Deutsche Bank's office in The Bronx, Edward Pietro was among the casualties of that armed robbery as he was killed in action while doing a rutinary check on a couple of black trucks parked near by.

Mike said.
"There's a rookie I want you to train, quite a strange one this is. Her name is Mathilda Ferguson, she is ex military, recently moved to NYC and decided to apply to the force. Her service sheet is clean and has quite a resume.

And most importantly you two will get along and that's an order..."
he said tired of the 'they can't catch up' usually said by Hunter everytime he dismissed a partner, the last four of them. A privilege he has earned for his merits and having the captain as a good friend of his.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:09 pm

The Captains words stung him, he looked away and strangled the first impulsive words. He got angry, he wanted to defend himself, to argue and justify his actions but he sucked it up. They had had this discussion several times before. Hunter knew his friend was right though, he should have waited, there are freaks out there, you never really know. An image of Maggie and Chloe flashed inside his mind and the anger was completely gone. He sighed loudly and looked his friend in the eyes.

”You’re right, Mike. I should think more, be more careful, for Maggie and Chloe. But a Rookie? Come on! It’s way more dangerous being out there with a trigger-happy and gun-ho ex-marine or whatever she is.”

He takes a feel breath, and thinks before continuing.

”You let me argue myself out of the others but I can hear you won’t with this one. What’s so strange about her?”
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:08 pm

”You’re right, Mike. I should think more, be more careful, for Maggie and Chloe. But a Rookie? Come on! It’s way more dangerous being out there with a trigger-happy and gun-ho ex-marine or whatever she is.”
The Captain was stiff and said in a tone that made obvious one thing. He wasn't backing on this one.
"Ferguson is your new partner, lose her, swap her, made her quit and you'll spend the rest of the year behind a desk. Are we clear sargeant?

I might have trust your judgement about the others but that doesn't mean I was ok to let you go alone in this. I want you safe and that's with a partner on the streets or behind a desk. Period."

He made a pause.
"What's strange about her?" he giggles. "You'll figure it out soon enough, per haps this time will be you trying to catch up." he laughts.

"Very well... I'll call her in. Take her to know your circuit and do some rutinary patrol."

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Hunter tensed but nodded.

”You know me, Cap, I’d never fuck someone over like that! I’ll judge her by her merits nothing else. I hear ya sir.”

He relaxed, accepted the situation, Montoya had been a rookie when they we’re partnered and that worked out. Maybe this Ferguson would too.
Those were his thoughts until Mike giggled, he tensed up, surprised and put of guard. What the hell did that mean?

”Ok… sure thing, Cap.”

Hunter turned to get a look at his new partner as she entered.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:17 pm

Callaha used the phone to call Pherguson in.

The woman wasn't very tall about 5'5'' and something around the 100 pounds of weight, the athletic type, in a very good shape. Her skin was clear as snow, icy blue eyes and thin red lips. Her hair was dark blond, almost like honey or hazelnuts, very short, not even reaching her shoulders. She was wearing the NYPD uniform, tactical boots and the usual gear and badge.

Mathilda stood firmly knocking her heels and saluted respectfully to her captain.

Mike said.
"At ease officer.

Let me introduce you to your partnet Sergeant Doyle, from this moment you two will work together and Pherguson I don't want any more of that crap, no more broken bones. Are we clear?"

The corporal flinched but said nothing in reply, a second later turned to Hunter and said.
"Its a pleasure to meet you, Sir!

I'm officer Mathilda Pherguson, at your service."

Callahan then spoke to Hunter saying.
"That would be all sergeant, let's go to work."

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:27 am

He gave the rookie an evaluating glance, from the look of her she had potential but he wondered how her as-of-yet unknown personality was geared towards police work. She seemed to respect Mike and that was at least was a thing in her favor.

What the hell did Mike mean with no more broken bones? It seemed to hit a nerve with her. Hunter filled that away for a future conversation. He rose and offered her his hand.

”Sergeant Hunter Doyle.”

He turned to the Captain, nodded, and put the police cap on his head before opening the door for Ferguson and followed her outside. The idea was to go by his desk, pick up a few case files and move to his patrol car. A conversation with his new partner could wait until they were out of the station.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:06 am

The couple went silently to the police car, seems that Mathilda, just like Hunter wasn't the talking type. She followed her new partner diligently. Hunter could tell that her mind was not idle, like him she was evaluating him, learning from his movements, expressions and behavior.

Eventually the two got to the car with the daily rutine on a wooden back board. When Doyle started to drive the car out she took the board and started to review the mission. Then she looked in the glove compartment for a map, part of the usual things she could find there and dextrously bend it to find the location of her interest and took mental note of interesting things that caught her attention.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Hunter had scaned through the case files earlier, before the Captain called him in so he had an idea of where they should start so that was where he was heading but through a little longer route so that he and Ferguson would have a moment to talk.

Without taking his eyes of the road, he broke the silence.
”So, rookie, how long have you’ve been out of the academy? It sounded on the Captain like I wasn’t you’re first partner. Who was and what happened with the other?”

He paused for just a second, the next part could be sensitive, but he really needed to know. If it didn’t come out he could never get to trusting her.

”And what crap was the Captain talking about? What does no more broken bones mean?”

He only threw her a glance, keeping a careful watch on the road.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Mathilda smiled without taking her eyes from the wooden board and said.
"It wasn't my partner, don't worry.

Captain Callahan pair me with sergeant Willy Green, good pal but too wide in the mid section to keep pace with me. We ran chasing a buggler, trading some powder in the 48th avenue and 5th.

This guy was a runner and went to an alley, where his pals were waiting for him... and me for that matter. Things got nasty and I had to break some bones there.

My partner was right, I guess, to say I risked too much and didn't had to go that way... at least my Captain Callahan thinks so, so that's my official position on the matter."

The round started with good pace, the day was very cold but the sun was shining high, nothing really caught the pair attention in the first hours and eventually they went to one of the lunch shops with an agreement with the city force to have lower prices and special attention to those in uniform.

Two patrols were already parked outside, 58 and 72, both corporals with a lot of experience, althought 72 Maurice partner did retire a few month ago, making room for a new partner that Hunter have not met yet.

The bell rings after the door is open and they go in...

Maurice, Erick and Samantha, three old ones in the NYPD saluted Hunter on the entrance. Maurice new partner was a female officer, red hair and robust complexion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Hunter actually let out a short laugh at her answer. Mike had really thought this through. Neither him nor Ferguson would sit back and let the bad guys get away even if it was dangerous, but this way they’d at least be two in those situations. He smiled.
”Damn, Mike, this might actually work.”

It was a good day to show the rookie around. Hunter pointed out all the things a cop needed to know and introducing her to key figures around the neighborhood. At the same time making small talk, getting to know her a little bit better and giving her the opportunity to get to know him.

As lunch rolled around, he brought her to an old police watering hole. Seeing some of the old guard there he smiled and gave them a quick salute before taking the cap off and taking a seat with his colleagues.

”Maurice, Erick, Samantha. All’s good I hope? This’ Ferguson, my new partner. Ferguson, this’ experience walking, right here.”

He nodded friendly at the other new woman and offered his hand.
You must be Maurice’s new partner? I’m Hunter Doyle, sergeant if that matters during lunch.”

The last part he added with a quick smile to all around the table.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Maurice was two things in the NYPD force, an african american icon and christian to the bone but over all that a really fun guy to spend a few hours with. He said.
"Ma' man Hunter, what'up bro? I heard what ya'did with the car radio robbers the othe' day. The Lord have mercy on them, 'cause the old serg Hunter ain't, huh?" he laughts.

The robust woman says with an italian accent.
"Britney Russo at your service serg. I heard you're the capidan fratu, right? This man has some cazzo, am I right?" she smiles implying a compliment.

The other italian american in the group was Samantha who smiled along with Britney and then looked up and down to old Hunter saying.
"You got that damn right sister!"

Maurice opens his eyes wider than any whitey could in two life times and Sam looks down ashame for cursing in front of his religious partner.

Erick giggles along the group and offers a chair to both Hunter and Mathilda. Saying to her with the most newyorker accent in the city.
"Erick Fischer, nice to meet you peach."

Mathilda smiles at all the innuend going on the table, she felt like home in this kind of group.
"Nice to meet you sir, Mathilda Pherguson a.k.a. the rookie around here."

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:11 pm

He gave Maurice a friendly tap on the shoulder and a smile.
”Just doing my job, you know. Feels good getting that sorted out when there were just stolen radios, before someone actually got hurt. ”

He looked between Sam and Brittany, having lived his whole life in Brooklyn he was no stranger to the italians way with words so he really took it as a compliment even though he actual didn’t understand the meaning of the words spoken.
”I’ll take that as a compliment, ladies. Real pleasure finally meeting you Russo, do me a favor and keep Maurice out of trouble, yeah.”

He shakes Erick’s hand when he and Ferguson had Said their hello.
”All’s good with you, Erick? How’s the kids?”

He then proceeds to order himself the usual, shooting some quick banter with the waitress and digging in. Letting camaraderie and banter complete the meal. He keeps an eye on Ferguson and Russo, just seeing how the newbies fits in with the group.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:32 pm

The meal goes as expected the old pals from the Precint speaking of the upcomming bonus, as all criminal index are still dropping in the city. The last few years have been a bless for them, the most dangerous jobs being chasing kids robbing stereos. Also some comments about The Bronx, lately is been hot, really hot, at least a month now with the finding of an abandoned building full of corpses, it was in the news for a couple of days and rapidly thrown under the carpet, some sort of gas leak that asphixiated its entire population.

Also there was a kidnapping in one of the borough's hospitals almost at the same time. Also the criminal indexes in the Bronx have picked in comparisson with the rest of NYC. Another extraordinary rising in crime was happening in Albany. Strangely enough a whole building was sucked into the ground last night and Maurice is calling bullshit the geological explaination from the news.

A more exciting topic was about the New York Yankees season, amazing games so far. It just defeated Texas in the post season 3-0 advancing to semifinals. Roger Clemens is a monster! The bets are going in favor of a straight flush to the final for the yankees.

The team were leaving the building as duty called until Mathilda and Hunter were the only ones left.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:09 pm

There sure was a lot of weird things going on in the city these days and Hunter felt really good he and his family lived in Brooklyn. Thanks to him and his colleagues on the force, Brooklyn’s a safe place to live, safer now than it had been only a couple of years ago. He felt really good knowing he did his part in making it even safer. He looked over at Mathilda as he finished his coffee.
”Good people, those three, and Rusdo didn’t seem to bad either. You live around here, Ferguson? Brooklyn’s a nice place raising a family.”

He had no idea if she had children, if she was married, where she actually was from. That didn’t feel right to Hunter. You should know those things about people, even if you’ve only spent a few hours with them. He would ask those question but for now duty calls.

”Let's finish the coffee and be on our way. You read the files earlier; where to?”

Asking such things were another way of getting to know someone. It says a lot about personality, temperament and knowledge how people react to being given a choice, in contrast to just being told or simply following.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:16 pm

”Good people, those three, and Rusdo didn’t seem to bad either. You live around here, Ferguson? Brooklyn’s a nice place raising a family.”
She raises an eyebrow and looks at him and then to his ring and says.
"I'm not the marrying kind but it is indeed a good neighborhood. I've been around for a while. Until my father was sent to Israel. I went to serve my country to come back home... strange isn't it?"

”Let's finish the coffee and be on our way. You read the files earlier; where to?”
Mathilda throws a dollar bill over the table and starts to get up.
"I still have some landmarks that I'd like to visit. What about if we go back to the station and change the afternoon for a night watch. Darkness takes the truth about people out... we can say the same about the City."

That sudden shift of mood was something Hunter found strange, she seemed like a woman in a mission more than simply wanting to look around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:08 am

Hunter put the money for the food on the table along with a generous tip. Being the son of a waitress he always tipped well.
”Israel huh? New York must be very different. You have family here? I mean, your father, he still in Israel? What branch of the military did you serve in?”

The change in mood was strange. He raised an eyebrow, checked the watch and nodded. He didn’t vithet puting the cap on, instead carrying it in his hand.
”Yeah, let’s check in and see if anything’s going on. You pulled any night shifts with Green? Night sure brings out some characters and it’s very different from the day.”

He thanks the waitress on the way out, taking some time to think as they get back in the car. The more he thought about it the more he was certain Ferguson had something going on and that made him curious, maybe a little uneasy.
”Something in particular you’re looking for Ferguson? You got questions about any landmarks, feel free to ask.”
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:53 am

”Israel huh? New York must be very different. You have family here? I mean, your father, he still in Israel? What branch of the military did you serve in?”
Once in the car Pherguson took a more easy going mood with it. A few blocks away from the lunch shop she event got down to pull a couple of coffees and donouts to share while talking.
"My father works as a diplomatic, one of the US embassador's dogs in Israel, he's been there for a while." her attitude for her father was less than respectful. Per haps that was something else in common with Hunter.

She changes the subject back to the focus of her interest.
"Green is a good man, a family man. He dislikes to stay away from his wife and children, specially at night. He only did one night shift, after I insisted alot but that was something rare for him.

Serg, I'm convince that this city needs me fighting crime, not waiting for me comming out from lunch and eating donouts. This is part of the job, I get it and there are many partner suitable for this part. I believe I'm not one of them."

”Something in particular you’re looking for Ferguson? You got questions about any landmarks, feel free to ask.”
She smiles.
"By landmarks I mean persons of interest. Do you have a deck here in NYC?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:30 am

Coffee was Hunter’s big vice, one of the things he picked up from Mike when they worked the streets together. He never really ate the donoughts even though he always bought a few, they always ended up in the lunchroom at the station.

He drops the subject of her father, if there’s bad blood between them and she doesn’t want to talk about it, he’ll respect that. He knows what it's like not wanting to talk about fathers. Even that fleeting image of his own father was enough to make his blood boil and he clenched his jaw to keep the anger and disgust from overwhelming his features.

”I hate being away from my family as well but it’s part of the job. I’ve always prefered the night shift to be honest, you never know what to expect and it feels like you get things done. The day shift is a lot more social in nature; being a presence in the community and building positive relations with the neighborhood. Which’s very important, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not really why I became an officer. At night’s when you can really focus on getting the bad guys of the streets. Also, it gives me the days to spend with my little girl.”

He smiled heartly at the mention of his daughter. She was a constant ray of sunshine. If it wasn’t for her and Maggie, Hunter wouldn’t care as much about the job. They were his source of strength, his conviction in making the streets safer and protecting the good, honest citizens.

”No, we don’t have a deck in the military fashion. Doesn’t work with law enforcement. We need hard evidence before we act, you know. But we have a list of suspects that we know are involved in various criminal enterprises that we don’t yet have evidence on. Also, it’s easy enough to get a list of outstanding warrants and fugitives.”

He liked Ferguson, she really could be a great partner for him but there was something about her that made him a bit uneasy, that shift she did, almost like she were two different people. Maybe she was just good a blending in, hiding a part of her personality when it was inappropriate and letting it be seen when she could be herself. If that was the case it was a good sign that she was willing to be herself with him. If it was something else… hell, he didn’t know, maybe he was just looking for flaws where there were none.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:57 am

At 2:00PM the two police officers were back at the station to fill the usual reports and ask around for a night watch. The usual meeting was held gathering all the personal to assign the different circuits. Leaving patrol 33, Sergeant Doyle and Pherguson, the duty on North Brooklyn this time the supervisory role in the Av. Union and Grant st. suporting all the remaining circuit around the prescint.

Spoiler:

Pherguson was very quiet most of the day, not really interested in knowing Hunter, at least not enough to ask the usual questions about his story. She spent her day attentive of the radio comm, looking out of the window, always scanning like a freaking robot for the next crime to jump in. It was kinda freaking indeed, even to an old bone like Hunter.

Pherguson said.
"I'm going to the gym. When should we meet?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:21 pm

It was eerie how focused Ferguson was, like she was just waiting for action. Hunter kept making some small talk but decided to mainly inform the rookie on the things that was work related. Pointing out people to watch, people to be friendly with, various streets, corners and short cuts, those sorts of things. He was certain she already knew how the equipment worked but ran through that just to make sure, the same with the various radio codes and some common law paragraphs.

The longer the day went the more certain he got that Ferguson was more interested in cracking down on criminals then protecting the innocent, a small difference perhaps but it certainly showed how their point of view differed.

”You do that, I got the last report to finish. I got us a guard watch tonight so we’re done for the day. Be here and ready to go by 6 pm and all’s good.”
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:44 pm

The usual reports were easy on Hunter this afternoon, nothing important except for the baseball and the lunch, it was almost too quiet, specially for NYC. The City was a nice place to live now, he remembered how it was some years ago, in the 1980s when he was a young man walking these same streets and much have improved since then.

Night watches were always harder, drug dealing and traffic, gangs, murderer were still a problem in the city that never sleeps but now car thief and robbery were more of a problem than all the rest combined. Technology played a huge part in it: the Surveillance project of Major Rudy Guilliani was much more than any boogler could handle. Their faces were identified instantly, reported to the entire NYPD before they reached the next block.

The first project was in Manhattan, the second was already reaching Brooklyn and Queens, next step The Bronx. There were still some gangs that survived in Hells Kitchen and Little China but not like the old rotten days of the Big Apple. Another modern equipment were arriving with each passing day to the precint, more training, more weapons, more personal, the envy of the entire nation.

The report was on the Cap' secretary's desk in no time, while he was having a late lunch like usual. By 3pm Hunter was already of his way back home to the arms of his beloved Maggi. Like most newyorkers Doyle didn't need a car, his travel was faster and more efficient by subway or simply walking and for any reason he felt like stretching his legs after a morning sitting behind the wheel.

The cold afternoon made him wear some warm clothing and thick boots but still the cold breeze was caressing his forehead. He passed by one of the many kiosk by the sideway reading some titles, aside any other news there was one that called his attention. "Sinkhole in Albany: Terror Underground!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Hunter had of course heard about the sinkhole in Albany on the news and through colleagues but he hadn’t really paid it much attention until now. Seeing the tabloids at the kiosks his interest was peaked and he decided to buy a newspaper. A quick exchange with the vendor and he was standing to the side opening the paper to the article about the Albany-incident.

He really should read them more often he thought to himself as he started reading the headline article, fully convinced that he’d get to reading the rest of the paper later.

After finishing the main article he folded the paper under his arm and continued walking home, thinking about what he had red. Even though it was cold it was refreshing to walk and soon he’d be in the warmth of his family.
Hunter
Neonate
Neonate

Character sheet
Blood pool:
10/10  (10/10)
Willpower:
3/3  (3/3)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:25 pm

His merry walk home finished shortly after, he went up to the appartment using the building elevator, one of the relics still working in this block: one external sliding door, seemingly of a cage and yet another internal double sliding door with a long rectangular window with milky white glass in it.

The corridor before his apartment had an old smelly carpet and close to new painting in the walls, contrasting with the old fashion lamps in between each door. The normal pace and space from the elevator took him to his home door in no time, the keys found their locks on first try and as usual Hunter accesed the living.

The small apartment had a living room and kitchen separated by a wall and a gate with no door. Two big rooms, one bathroom and some sort of backroom usually for laundry. The second Hunter opens the door he hears a cheering voice from Chloe, this sound always made him smile even in his worst days, no that was a good one his face was shining brighter.

The little toddler came running and tumbling on her tracks trying to reach her father with clumbsy steps. Maggi heard from the kitchen all the conmotion and shower her face on the kitchen's gate smiling at this unique but rutinary espectacle. She says while Doyle was lifting his daughter.
"Hell hon' how was your day?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next