Meeting Lady Victoria of Baden

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Meeting Lady Victoria of Baden

Post  Star on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Star's mind raced, she couldn't believe her father dared to place her in this situation, a no named fledgling to duel a respected Ventrue.
<WHY?? What was his game???> she thought.

The fire and confusion in Star's eyes starded to diminish as she started to rationalize her father's decision.

<Perhaps he is disappointed in me as a warrior and I need to prove myself. I can't back down, I have to prove myself and bring honor to my father. I can not fail.… I can NOT be a disappointment to him.>

Star thought and then turned to Lady Victoria, giving her a respectful bow, and walked to her father's side.

• CURRENT OUTFIT •:
▂▂▂▂▂ CURRENT OUTFIT ▂▂▂▂▂

Star
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
8/13  (8/13)
Willpower:
6/6  (6/6)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Victoria nods and turns around to find her ghouls still struggling to each other. She raised an eyebrow no one could see and without knowing she and Brian were in the same page, there was something fishy about this.

Brian sat down again and offered a chair to Rebecca and with a grunge he said.
"We never found out what she wanted or went to interrogate the ghouls." He wonder if this was a distractory tactic of the Ventrue to keep them in their domain.

He looked at Becca was seemed upset about this whole deal and asked her.
"Are you OK Becca?"

View user profile http://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Star on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Star took a seat as Lady V and her ghouls left them in the room alone.
He looked at Becca was seemed upset about this whole deal and asked her.
"Are you OK Becca?"
Star looked at her father and then diverted her eyes from him like she was ashamed.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Dad.... "
She said speaking plainly since they were in private.
" Why am I doing this?... What.... "
Star stopped, she was clearly frustrated." look  i understand why you are doing this... I get it.  
You are trying to toughen me up so i wont be such a failure and prove that I can bring some kind of honor among you and your clan....
 I understand... I'm not exactly the childr you wanted. "I'm not gangrel enough"... I get it.
I see the regret and disappointment you have held in your eyes...

She said referring to his reaction to seeing star cleaned up and dressed up last night before their meeting with the Ventrue.
" But you know I'm going to fail... She is a respected Kindted... Maybe even a elder, I don't know... but she is sure more experience than I am. I'm a fledgling... A no body... A anti tribute at worst.. I know im considered umong those of your clan but I have no business dueling for the Honor of you or the Gangrel.  What are you trying to prove by me failing in front of everyone?

Star shook her head.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  I know why you picked me.
But let's forget all the personal reasons here.  
Lets sit here and consider the outcome... from a political standpoint.. And how bad this is.

If YOU were to duel and win, which I have no doubt you would do. Especially given your reputation and prowess as a warrior. It would show the Gangrel have dominance it's over Clan Ventrue. This could lead to some animosity among the Clan of Kings. I already know they can't be happy with the Gangrels controlling the show.

but I'm a Ventrue, if I win, I will bring honor to you, the Gangrel and myself.... Though This woman will probably holds a grudge, and its very unlikely I will be able to beat her... Though I could always get lucky and pray that woman is some sort of socialite and has never been in a physical altercation in her life . but All that aside. "

If She wins, she will prove that your choice in choosing me as a Contender was flawed, shame not only ME but YOU and CLAN GANGREL in front of everyone and possibly harm our two clans relations.

So I ask again, dad WHY? Why not just end this with words... It was a simply slight, oh rude most definitely, but still...

Star looked very concerned at her father. The fact that she has analyze the simply duel from a  political standpoint and the possible outcomes of this fight should definitely cement the fact in her father's mind that she is truly a Ventrue, even if star does not like to admit so.

• CURRENT OUTFIT •:

Star
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
8/13  (8/13)
Willpower:
6/6  (6/6)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:39 pm

I see the regret and disappointment you have held in your eyes...
Brian smiled to his girl, the way he always did when she was upset about something. He felt close in his heart, per haps closer that he had ever been ever since they met again. Then he said kindly and lovingly.
"My Star you're not a dissapointment to me, or the Clan or anyone else. You're a fledgeling and you're learning as rapidly as anyone could expect if not more. This stage its all about learning and building the foundations of your eternal existence as a Kindred."

But you know I'm going to fail... She is a respected Kindted... Maybe even a elder, I don't know... but she is sure more experience than I am. I'm a fledgling...
"What's a failure in this case? To lose the battle? What would an Elder prove, is she is so, by defeating a Fledgeling? Any blow you land it's an honour, even if you're doom to fail I know you, you won't quit, you won't back down and they'll respect you for it. This fight is not about winning or losing, she said it herself. If you lose the issue it's settled and if you win then we get to bestow a Quest to her. Don't you see?"

If YOU were to duel and win, which I have no doubt you would do. Especially given your reputation and prowess as a warrior. It would show the Gangrel have dominance it's over Clan Ventrue.
Brian giggled.
"You do have The Faith in me! I like that. haha.

If I win, as you say I would, it would look abusive of me to come to the Ventrue haven and kick some damisel in distress' ass and if I lose I'd bring dishonor to my Clan. I have no way of wining this fight.

Also who would be my Godfather? Would a Ventrue be the best representant of my interests here? You're the perfect choice Becca and this could really grant you the Status you need to pass this whole antitribu thing."

Back to top Go down

Post  Star on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:28 am

Seeing her dad smile in that old familiar way started to reassure Star that everything was going to be okay.

My Star you're not a dissapointment to me, or the Clan or anyone else. You're a fledgeling and you're learning //  and building the foundations of your eternal existence as a Kindred."
Her father's words touched her, and upon hearing that she was not a disappointment it almost brought her to tears. Star leaned forward and hugged her father tightly, nearly sobing.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" its been so hard for me to think past each night... Let alone what its like to have a eternal existence... I know its Sabbat thinking... That each night could be my last, or if I'm no longer useful I could be "disposed of" .... But its so hard to shake those thoughts.

Every night of my new existence I have lived in fear.  Its only been a few nights since leaving the Sword, but I have already seen and experienced so much that has helped me over come that way of thinking to a point... I know I still have along way to go. And if it wasn't for you Daddy I would never even know how to take my 1st step in the right direction.

I owe you so much! I just want to honor you and become someone you could be proud of. I just fear the shadow you cast is far to large for me to compare with. I can never hope to win, let alone survive half the battles that you have been in.

As the Daughter of the Great HellSong, people are going to expect certain things out of me... certain things I'm not sure if I could deliver.

She said with some unsureness to her voice.

What's a failure // an Elder // defeating a Fledgeling? Any blow you land it's an honour, even if you're doom to fail I know you, you won't quit, you won't back down and they'll respect you for it. This fight is not about winning or losing, //Don't you see?
Star looked up at her Father and gave him a nod, realizing the truth in his words.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" They are expecting me to lose... But what they are not expecting is a Antitribute to fight with honor. Weather I win or lose doesn't matter, if I show that I am honorable that is what will count. So I should refrain from dirty tricks and such, no low blows and no humiliation tactics, That's not the point. I need to show I am more than what they expect me to be, I will show respect to my opponent, and fight honorably. "

You do have The Faith in me! I like that. haha
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"don't laugh.. You are my hero, you know that right?... You always have been, in my life and in my unlife. I look up to you and admire the hell out of you. Why do you think I'm so concerned with not being a disappointment to YOU. What you think of me means a hundred percent more to me than anything that's these mother fu*kers think of me! You'er my hero! "
Star said with a laugh, so her words were very serious And she ment them.

Also who would be my Godfather? Would a Ventrue be the best representant of my interests here?
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"humm.. Well I see your point. But what is a "GodFather" anyway? I mean as far as a duel is concerned. I don't know all the formalities about these things... I mean a dual to me is when you face each other at 30 paces and pull your revolver Old west gunslinger style Hee-Hee.   But I doubt thats what we will be doing... though I could be wrong, never know with these Ventrue.

So what is this duel going to pertain of? Swords? pistols? A bare-knuckle brawl? What can I expect? "

Becca and this could really grant you the Status you need to pass this whole antitribu thing."
Star paused with some surprise
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ..."pass the whole Antitribu thing"??? You mean there's a chance I could set that behind me and become a true Ventrue? .. Is that even possible?..   "
This possibility was beyond Star's comprehension. She had resided to the fact that she would truly never be truly fully accepted by the clan of Kings, now a possibility that she might be wrong was baffling, yet it started to blossom hope with in her.

• CURRENT OUTFIT •:

Star
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
8/13  (8/13)
Willpower:
6/6  (6/6)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:04 pm

As the Daughter of the Great HellSong, people are going to expect certain things out of me... certain things I'm not sure if I could deliver.
Brian smiled.
"You're doing just fine. Don't ever quit and you'll be fine!"

So what is this duel going to pertain of? Swords? pistols? A bare-knuckle brawl? What can I expect? "
He shrugs and says.
"The Ventrue woman said with swords, I imagine it was literal"

" ..."pass the whole Antitribu thing"??? You mean there's a chance I could set that behind me and become a true Ventrue? .. Is that even possible?.. "
Brian said.
"That's the whole point. Isn't it?"

The situation was serious and of course they were just guests in this place. However the Gangrel had a mission to complete and this complication shouldn't interfere with it. The night was young he decided to wait with his daugther for the Ventrue's next move. Otherwise, he will be the one asking questions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Star on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Don't ever quit and you'll be fine!"
Star smiled at her fathers words, and takes them to heart, being that she is not known for quitting even if the situation gets rough.

The Ventrue woman said with swords, I imagine it was literal"
Star made a bit of a perplexed face expression.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" seriously? A bit antiquated don't ya think?...  I mean seriously who uses swords nowadays? Sword play is nice for show and all... But come on.... A gun or fists  would probably be more practical.......
Star shrugs
"When in Rome I guess... "

That's the whole point. Isn't it?"
Star seemed puzzled
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Well... Yeah.. But I honestly didn't really think it was a possibility. I mean I was created as " cannon fodder " ... all I have been trying to do was prove that I'm more than that..  I honestly didn't think that the Clan of Kings would truly accept me, especially given that I have no Ventrue Sire or lineage to speak of and I'm not "old money". I'm just some hoodlum from the street playing pretend.

Star said with a laugh, again belittling herself due to her low self-esteem.
"I mean don't get me wrong, I have definitely been enjoying myself since we got here. But this is a fairy tale, enjoy it while it lasts Ya know.
Tomorrow night will be back at the zoo, and everything will be back to business as usual.

• CURRENT OUTFIT •:

Star
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
8/13  (8/13)
Willpower:
6/6  (6/6)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)