World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from the dead (Sam)

2 posters

Go down

Back from the dead (Sam) Empty Back from the dead (Sam)

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:18 am

The cript was cold and for Samantha the silence was unbareble. Not a single sound in more than ten hours straight. No lights, no movements. Nothing at all. This pushed her sanity more than being laying next to Eliah last night when she confused slumber with imsonia.

Her limbs were frozen and her mind stalling in time, no rest for the wicked took a whole new meaning tonight. Her only company was not Eliah but her Beast, a thing roaming in the back of her head, looking to get out and devour everything that was pure and alive. This drove her crazy, the rage, the unsattiated urges...

She tried to scream all night, tried to run, to get up, to make a sound but nothing work. She was a prisoner in a jail of her own design. Ignored even by death itself.

Suddenly she was free from slumber and rapidly her body started to function again. She realized that lights never went out but sound was absolutely absent.

Last edited by Malakiel on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Back from the dead (Sam) Empty Re: Back from the dead (Sam)

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 am

Sam jolted from the cold marble slab onto her feet, devouring any sensation, be it pain, cold, anything than the nothing that she had endured.

Making her way to the bathroom, she turned on the taps, filling the sink with warm water, and washed her face, artificially warming her hands and face for a short period.

She didn't want to think about, those long hours that had stretched out like an eternity, and that thing. Beast seemed too underwelming a word to apply to it, and it was still there, now after that day laid with no hope of distraction, no escape, she could sense it even now. And it would be there the next day and the next. Her hands grasped the lip of the sink, she no longer had tears to spill, couldn't hyperventilate, no heartbeat to raise, no physical mechanism to get rid of this terror.

After drying herself with the towel, Sam returned to the main room, looking now for Eliah, hoping for some sign that it would become easier. That she wouldn't slowly lose her once tight grip on her own sanity on a daily basis.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Back from the dead (Sam) Left_bar_bleue14/14Back from the dead (Sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
Back from the dead (Sam) Left_bar_bleue1/1Back from the dead (Sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
Back from the dead (Sam) Left_bar_bleue7/7Back from the dead (Sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:44 am

She looked around and Eliah was still dead over the marble slate, eyes closed facing up.<Was he so confidant? To trust his slumbering body to Samantha?>

Other than that books and comfortable couches, all accesses closed and no sound at all.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:03 am

Sam rubbed at her ears confused, trying a cough.

So this wasn’t good. Was this normal? Everything else seemed to be functioning, she had movement, sight, smell even? And she tried it out!

She could smell the perfume she had applied before, what was left that hadn’t evaporated away.

Eliah’s cologne, the detergent on his shirt, the dust from the books...that all seemed right. So why no sound?

Should she try and wake him? How did you do that to a vampire anyway, standard medical practice aside.

She looked for some kind of artificial noise, a radio, phone, something.

With each turn of the room she returned to Eliah hoping he would wake, she spoke his name pointless as it was, maybe he could hear? Maybe she had somehow malfunctioned..?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Back from the dead (Sam) Left_bar_bleue14/14Back from the dead (Sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
Back from the dead (Sam) Left_bar_bleue1/1Back from the dead (Sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
Back from the dead (Sam) Left_bar_bleue7/7Back from the dead (Sam) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:45 am

Perception 3 + medicine 4
Dr Samantha Wilson carried out 7 launched of one Back from the dead (Sam) 10.1 (Roll.) :
1 , 4 , 9 , 6 , 3 , 2 , 6
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:06 am

Samantha could hear her steps, the water falling, even the cough when she forced herself to do it but the room was extremely quiet driving her to a psycological state known as Sensory deprivation.

In her self diagnose he knew the effect was mild, she was allucinating silence as a persistent idea, obssesive due to her long exposition to this environment. Pretty much like a nightmare while she was awake.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:40 pm

The problem was, all the ‘cures’ she knew were mortal based.

Exercise to increase her heart rate and pump chemicals through her blood stream wouldn’t help, nor would shaking her hands to induce the same effect but it did not stop her trying!

Everything was based around vitae, right. So that was what triggered all physical and supernatural elements, but that left the psychological.

Was this her body rebelling against its current state, hiding from the slumber she was forced to endure?

How did she undo trauma when the cause was what she was.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:00 pm

In this troublesome state of mind Eliah rose from slumber as he sat over the marble table dramatically.

He recited an old poem, a customary tradition of his. Everything he arised once more.
How can I then return in happy plight,
That am debarred the benefit of rest?
When day's oppression is not eas'd by night,
But day by night and night by day oppressed.

Realizing again he wasn't alone he decide to finish the sonet dedicating every gesture to his beloved Samantha.
And each, though enemies to either's reign,
Do in consent shake hands to torture me,
The one by toil, the other to complain
How far I toil, still farther off from thee.
I tell the day, to please him thou art bright,

He continued rising his voice to the end.
And dost him grace when clouds do blot the heaven:
So flatter I the swart-complexion'd night,
When sparkling stars twire not thou gild'st the even.
But day doth daily draw my sorrows longer,
And night doth nightly make grief's length seem stronger.

He finished. His declamation was perfect. He stood silently waiting for the last echo of his voice to vanish into the night.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:28 pm

She rushed into his arms once he was finished, she wasn’t alone, he suffered it too. And he found a way to survive it and stay whole.

Why didn’t you warn me? How do you cope with that day after day?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Eliah huged her without knowing what she meant' but still trying to comfort her in his arms.

His embrace lasted enough for her nightmare to end. Surely it wasn't as horrible as she had read in several studies but experience and theory are quite different. She felt safe once more.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:20 am

She finally released him, Sorry... she looked up to him Did you write it yourself, the poem? It was beautiful and sad.

Literary review was not her strong point, and despite a dalliance with the classics at college, her studies had mainly been practical and vocational.

It had worked though, enough to steel herself for the day to come. To hone a new mask that would satisfy Lady Eriksdatter and the board. Just like Eliah himself had.

The hunger that she had felt yesterday was still there, but ignorable, an occasional itch rather than the guttural scream the beast had during her slumber. It was just as powerful, but now she had more control too. It was hard to describe, it was if the scales had not shifted balance wise, but the volume setting had, as her voice increased his voice lessened.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 am

Eliah passed his hand over her hair and with a warm smiled, looking into her eyes he said.
"Is one of my favorites Sonets. One of the true beauties I knew in college. That and my beautiful Margaret.

A few years of passionate loves only made our bound stronger, we were just too kids learning about how the world works. I was in business school and she studied art history, we were as different as our careers could be. We actually met arguing, common friends back in Cambridge invited us separately and for the usual reasons we started talking about politics and one thing lead to the next, until we were arguing about some important topic at the moment.

We married even before we graduate from college, god my father hated her, he kept screaming at me about a higher destiny awaiting for me but simply I was in Love. She was expecting the very first year and we were just two younglings playing to be adults."

Suddenly Eliah's expression sunk down in a dark place.
"Three month before our unborn daughter came to meet us a vicious car accident ended our lives. Their inmediately, mine when my Sire dragged me from the hospital back to the very place where you spent your first night as a Kindred. I guess my resillience as a Revenant did serve its purpouse at the end.

I still wonder if my father and my Sire plotted against my Margaret."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:29 pm

Don’t she replied after hearing the end remark Don’t wonder about that. You will end up torturing yourself and ruining the memories you have of her.

No one can take that away from you, not your Father, or what you became, or what you will become. And most of all not me.

You will never stop loving her, but that still leaves plenty of room for us. I’m not the jealous type Eliah, so never feel like we can’t talk about Margaret, learning more about her makes me feel closer to you.

Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Eliah smiled to Samantha enjoyning the beauty of her innocence. He placed one hand over her face and told her.
"Don't let anyone take that from you." not explicit at all Samantha felt the meaning of his words comming from a very dark place in his heart where he had lost everything.

After a short pause he continued.
"Let's get ready. We don't want to make our guest wait for us." he started his routine.

A few minutes later Thomas knocks the door and with his master's permission wishing Lady Samantha and his Master a good evening. He brought with him a single folder with several papers in it. Eliah checked the items listed in those papers, each of the news highlights, information about finances, real estates and other matters of importance. Without further ado Thomas explained that Lady Martha was comfortable in her quarters under the west wing of the castle and wasn't awake while he was in the mansion, also that during the day her servants brought many wooden boxes and crates, containing clothing and other garments.

Finally Thomas said that Sir Valentine wanted to speak to him. Eliah rose his eyes into Thomas and said.
"Understood Thomas, you're dismissed."

The ghoul left the chamber.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Sam drank in the small moment of intimacy, before the night took over again.

She followed her own small routines as he did, managing to be in the wrong place at the wrong time a few times, simple things they would work out in time.

Greeting Thomas with a smile, but letting him get on with his work, she had managed to get the dress on so far, but the back buttons evaded even her nimble fingers, and the hair...who knows what they had achieved and how they had achieved it.

Thomas, would you ask Lady Adelaidah to meet me upstairs. and she looked to Eliah for confirmation To help me finish getting ready for Arpie Eriksdatter.

That was it, part of the puzzle, image and pretence. Decorating the mask. And playing the part would require a costume. Bizarrely she was looking forward to it, she had, like Eliah, never lost her desire to learn.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Thomas acknowledge without waiting for Eliah's confirmation and went up to prepared everything. When they were ready, Eliah and Samantha, went up to continue their rutine.

Adelaidah met Sam in a private bedroom next to hers in the north wing of the castle. The night was esplendid around her, the woman had the most amazing conversation and was eager to ask but didn't about Samantha's experience with Lady Martha. At least, she wasn't enduring Lady V, she said, wishing her the best.

The hair was eventually done perfectly and some details of her look tuned for the evening ahead. This time decorating her headdress with spikenards and pink rose petals, the ornament was delicate and complimented with little zyrcons.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down