World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New begining (Samantha)

2 posters

Go down

New begining (Samantha) Empty New begining (Samantha)

Post  Malakiel Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:48 pm

Familiar sounds all around * beep * beep * electronic devices making sounds, artificial respirators and busy people passing by. Samantha started to regain conciousness opening her eyes slowly, they hurted so much its been days at least she could tell by her soared body reactions.

The room was partially illuminated from outside, the closed blinds still allowed to see some of the outside somewhere in Manhattan, night time, very late for the looks of it. Samantha had a IV in her arm with some fluids and anti coagulants in the recipe for what she was able to read in the dark. There was no body else and it was a private clinic that was for sure, one she would have disagree to enter due to its extremely high costs.
Room example-:

Last edited by Malakiel on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New begining (Samantha) Empty Re: New begining (Samantha)

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Well my insurance definitely won’t cover this, she thought, smiled, then winced at the slight movement.

She gingerly moved her arm and prodded here and there, anything really than think about that place...she could feel her hands getting clammy, her eyes darting to the exits. A rising panic as images flooded her mind.

Tibia, fibia...she starts to list human bones in her racing mind, desperately trying to swap one for the other. She managed to reduce her instinct to run and hide to a background noise.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
New begining (Samantha) Left_bar_bleue14/14New begining (Samantha) Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
New begining (Samantha) Left_bar_bleue1/1New begining (Samantha) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
New begining (Samantha) Left_bar_bleue7/7New begining (Samantha) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:50 pm

OOC: Will Sam stay all night counting bone in her head?

Nothing in particular happends while she stares at the ceiling of the room.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:19 am

Spoiler:

With her nerves calmed, she sits herself upright, edging along the bed as she tries out the limits of her pain meds. The chart at the end of the bed was her first aim, once she had accessed that, she could figure out her next steps. Literal and figurative...

She should really call her family, make sure they knew she was OK, find out if they knew she was missing.

And then maybe some answers, were the gang all dead? What had happened to the people in the pit.

Then there was the question that kept popping into her head..what exactly were they?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
New begining (Samantha) Left_bar_bleue14/14New begining (Samantha) Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Willpower:
New begining (Samantha) Left_bar_bleue1/1New begining (Samantha) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health:
New begining (Samantha) Left_bar_bleue7/7New begining (Samantha) Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:01 am

Samantha sat in her bed and looked behind her. The panel wasn't as the ones she saw at the public hospital, everything was brand new and imported of the most prestigious brands wordwide. Among its controls were a buttom to call the nurse staff and a telephone with a panel attach to it with all the important numbers in the "NYU Langone Medical Center". Wilson knew this place it was a corporate group "NYC Langone Health" with a compound of thirteen buildings each dedicated to one medical speciality. This whole building was just ER and general medicine. Hell it was expensive and prestigious as well.
New begining (Samantha) Nyclan10
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:58 pm

I wonder, came the idle thought, if they take cvs from patients.

She looked around for signs that anyone knew she was here. No cards, flowers or balloons? However unliked a person may be, the well oiled publicity machine of the hospital would have sent something!

Checking the hospital gown covered as much of her dignity as these things could, she pressed the call button on the key pad. Place like this, someone might even answer it.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:21 pm

In a few moments the lights turned on and a very robust black woman entered the room. She was way over forthy years old and was wearing glasses and nurse uniform most classical. Almost a Florance Nightingale modern copy cat.

New begining (Samantha) 240_F_98276512_0gyMVPwz4OJ5kKArGRAGCwsrh6gqpPbf

"Good evening Ms. Margaret" said the woman as she started with the life sign check protocol.

"I can see you're awake. It's been almost a week Ms. You might feel your body sour. It's quite normal."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:15 pm

It was hard to explain how much of a relief it was to see another person. Sam found herself staring, then tried to focus on something else while the nurse carried out the tests.

A week? Does anyone know I’m here?

Wait a minute, did she say Margaret...?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:08 pm

The woman continued her rutine while responding to Samantha (Margaret?)'s questions.
"Yes Ms. Sanders. Your husband did come and go everyday over the week. He went home a few hours ago to get some rest. I'll make sure to call him, he will be thrilled to join you."

She turned around to face Margaret and said.
"All your vitals are O.k. Marge. You have been eating through the IV and your stomach should be constrain so we can't give you anything solid yet but I'll bring some gellou for you in a moment. Please don't try to stand your muscles need therapy."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:31 am

Thank you, anything, even jello would be good. Sorry but I don’t know your name?

She was about to correct the nurse on her own name till a realisation occurred, it was an alias.

The gang was still out there and the police, aka the husband, had given her an alias to stay hidden. It didn’t explain this particular hospital, but not one to argue with the surroundings Sam decided to see wait and see.

She started the physio herself, having inflicted it on plenty of people before, static muscles arguing against movement
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:46 am

The woman smiled nicely to Samantha and simply said.
"My name is Amanda, Ms. Sanders. I'm the leader nurse of this floor. At your service.

I'll be here in no time with your jello. If you need anything the staff would gladly assist you in any way they can. Please don't hesitate to call us." finally said before leaving.

After Amanda left she was stranged to hear a loud screaming in the background, or singining may be. 'Two Princes from the Spin Doctors' in a hospital? this late in the night?

Anyways... Samantha stayed several minutes before a black nurse male enter de room. He was carrying a plate with a fancy jello dish on it. Bow slightly and said.
"Ma'am my name is Abayomi. Please enjoy your dinner." he said as he pulled the portable table close to Samantha's bed.

"We've called your husband. He is in his way here.

Do you need anything else?"

New begining (Samantha) Exps27253_CFT854088D63A
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:18 pm

I’m good thanks... she smiled and watched him go.

It was all a little surreal, from one extreme to the other. She thought about ringing her sister, but the idea of explaining what had happened tied her stomach in knots. She wasn’t ready for that yet, she didn’t believe half of what she had seen yet.

Her mind had tried to come up with logical solutions to all the weird that had happened. Blanks in the gun, truely psychotic behaviour but nothing she hadn’t been aware of before. Even cancer man was sort of believable.

But it always fell apart when she remembered the Chief and those fangs.

She tried a bit of the jello, expectations low, despite the fancy plate. Seems she was stuck here till her ‘husband’ turned up, or at least until she found out how much weight her legs would support!
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:29 pm

Abayomi leaved the room bowing politely to Samantha like any good servant would in the fifteen century. Then turning to the beutiful dish in front of her, it certainly looked gorgeous and smelled like actual oranges for a change instead of the usual 'jello'-ish stench. She venture to take a small bite from it and the flavour quickly developed in her toungue, filling her palate with a citric tast of fresh oranges, contrasting with the sweet taste in her toungue for a mouth watering flavour with soft velvet texture. Not even going to a restaurant the dessert was this good.

After she finished her dessert turned to test her muscles and they were numbed alright. She had some sort of headache and dizziness but still pushed forward to check her balance, her sore legs and the ghost needles in the palm her feets made her desist of the idea of standing up.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:37 pm

The staff seemed very, what was the word? European? Old fashioned? It was odd, probably mixing with the hoypaloy made them act so strangely!

The jello had left a pleasant tangy taste in her mouth, washing away the clinical tinge that was there before.

She started a few exercises, pushing herself a little but watching out for any nausea. She took stock of the meds in the drip too, giving herself an indication of how quickly she would be up and moving.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:35 pm

Eliah came back to the room. He was acompanied by Abayomi who Marge already knew from the jello dish, really good one. He was pushing a wheel chair and came to help her in. Eliah on the other hand had a long face, not exactly sad, more worried than anything else.

Abayomi was very professional and skilled to give help to patients. Margaret collaborated with him but in reallity he was comfortable with handling dissabilitied. Just a minute or so she was sitting in the wheel chair waiting to be pushed downstairs.

Outside the room nurses were still at the control post with three more people without uniforms, upset about something, talking in whispers. Margaret missed the military deployment, when she got out no swat team member was in the building. They waited for the elevator and went down directly to the basement.

There an small crew was waiting around a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser, the luxurious type, with dark windows and heavy looking doors, very thick. The crew were four men, all dressed with suits and at least one wearing a pistol under his jacket, closed with just one button allowed to see. Their atittude change when they saw Eliah go out the elevator door. Rapidly they opened the back door, which by the looks was very heavy, Abayomi helped Margaret to board the car and took the wheel chair with him, Eliah joined Marge at the back of the car and two men boarded in front, the two others in a exact copy of this car behind.

A car doesn't get more luxurious than this.
New begining (Samantha) Luxury-Armored-Vehicle-Interior-934x577
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:02 pm

Maggie gave Eliah a concerned look as he re-entered the room, he wasn't happy about something, but she imagined now wasn't the time, she would wait till they were alone.

Impressed as ever by Abayomi, she just let him get on with his job, but she sensed the same vibe from the nurses station as she had with Eliah. It was a universal indicator, nurses had the run of the floor, they knew when there was a problem, and echoed tension on it. Something had been going on, and if Eliah was on edge then it was something to do with her.

This terrorist group, they had people on edge? The police and the FBI and the other man, what ever agency he was from. They were all very interested.

The atmostphere was different again once they got to the car, she wasn't sure quite what to make of it all.

Is this normal? All this security...or is something wrong. I can tell you aren't happy, at least you didn't seem to be once you came back to the room.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Is this normal? All this security...or is something wrong. I can tell you aren't happy, at least you didn't seem to be once you came back to the room.

Eliah agreed to start moving the convoy, everyone seemed very comfortable, well greased machine they were, ready for anything.
"I had to enforce our security my dear, what happened to you pales compared to what I feared when I heard you were kidnapped. I won't let anything happend to you, anything bad at least.

From now on, focus on your fast recovery, you'll have the best team of physician and psycologist to help you in every way possible. Let me worry about the rest, I beg you."

They started their long journey to Long Island heading for Ellison Castle.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:38 am

She fought the urge to argue with him, it made sense to concentrate on recovery. She would tell her patients the very same thing.

But, she could tell something else was going on. It hadn’t felt like a planned kidnapping, more bad timing and they wanted any doctor not specifically her.

If the memory was right, she couldn’t imagine it as anyone other than Sam?

The luxury of the car, the armed guards, none of it felt, smelt or looked familiar, how could she forget all this? She was so lucky, a man who loved her, her own practice, obviously no money worries, why on earth would she fight it. Why forget it in the first place?

The concern began to show on her face, so she moved closer to Eliah, resting her head on his shoulder.

I’m sure you’re right Eliah, but something tells me I am not the sort to sit back and watch. I know you are there for me, but let me do the same.

I can’t promise to understand, but I will eventually , and until then it doesn’t mean I can’t listen.

Now, tell me more about about this wonderful husband of mine.

She looked up and smiled at him, the twist hurt her ribs, but she didn’t regret it.

Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:02 am

Eliah sat back in the car. His full attention was on his wife and when she ask him to talk about himself, he just found the right words.
"Let me start about our family, the one you choose to be your own when you married me. The Ellison Family rouse to power in they 1000 aD, under the ruling of King William in England, there we have been involved in politics ever since, participating in many finantial enterprises to assist the mother land. Then, in the 1770's my Grand Father, Abraham Ellison, came to America and settled in New England.

Abraham Ellison Garret, his firstborn while the rest of the family got into several other power schemes, served during the Civil War as Colonel and commander of the 1st Tennessee (USA) Mounted Volunteer Infantry and also played a huge part in the United State Senate in the years after until his retierement. Ever since our family have thrived but we still are true to our roots, we keep the family legacy, our crest and our Pride."
Eliah was looking through the windows lost in the mist of the past telling Margaret about what he loved the most.

I'm Eliah Abraham Ellison your husband.

Crest:

My bussiness is real estate, not a single property can be sold in Manhattan and all New York State without me knowing about. I work with investments as well, which buildings to construct and where, which to built and to demolish. Transforming the face of this great state for a better future.

Usually I go out before breakfast and return by afternoon to have dinner with you. We share as much time as work let us, you go to your practice before noon and also come back before 5 in the afternoon but now it will be medical care for you until I come back. Most weekends we expend together and now we specially will."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:32 pm

She was fascinated by the history, even if he seemed to have missed a couple of greats for his Grand Father Abraham Ellison!

I'd love to learn more about our family, if you have something for me to study. It will be excellent use of my time while I recover. At least during the downtime between exercises.

Although I admit to not have quite the same desire to learn about real estate..
and she laughed

Hopefully it all comes back to me soon, I know this can't be easy for you.
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Eliah smiled proud of his wife. Such optimism and strength! Overall she wanted to learn about the Family's Tradition. It was like a dream come true for him.
"Of course my dear, everything will be sent tomorrow for your entertainment but the most important thing is your recovery.

My Grand Mother Adelaidah offered to take care of you while I'm out. I'll tell her to bring some of her albums and books for you two to share. The staff is most capable but I don't plan to leave such delicated rose in the hands of barbarians. Besides you need someone of your own status to talk to."
he concluded.

Eliah smiled.
"You have always assisted me in the family business. Fancy galas, dinners with the most prestigious men in New York and of course your professional opinion on medical related estates as well. Doesn't sound so bad, isn't it?" he chuckle.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Samantha Wilson Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Not bad at all Eliah.

Oh, that is very good of your Grandmother.

She does know I take it, about my memory, not just my injuries?

Physical injuries are easy for people to except, we struggle more with things we cannot see. And I don’t want to put her in a difficult situation.

And I am not so delicate, well maybe a little at the moment.

If she is happy to, I would really appreciate it. And I would welcome the chance to meet her.

What do I call her? What do you call her?
Dr Samantha Wilson
Dr Samantha Wilson
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character sheet
Blood pool:
Willpower:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Eliah said.
"She is very formal, my Grand mother, call her Lady Adelaidah or Lady Ellison. Don't worry about it, I'm getting you the best help in existance.

Have sweet dreams my love, my world. I love you so."
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down