World of Darkness: New York City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awakening in the Woods (Hollow)

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Awakening in the Woods (Hollow) - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakening in the Woods (Hollow)

Post  Barton Hollow Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:40 pm

"I ain't ever been told to give in and Pa said ain't no other made like us Appalachian men. So what I felt when ya was bleedin' out was called "The Beast"? Ain't that like a primal feelin' or something? I guess you could say I try to control what I ain't got not clue on sire."

Barton walked with Xavier and looked around moved his hands into his pockets keeping stride with Xavier. Though Barton caught himself looking at the facial features of Xavier and staring from time to time. But he tried not to be rude.

"Pardon me fer soundin' ignorant Sire... Sir... Sire? I am not sure where we are'a goin'. I ain't gonna question ya know. Ya ain't done ol' Barton any wrong. So we meetin' others? You mean there is more like us? "

Barton once more looked over Xavier's features once more. Though Barton was cool and calm and kept a grip on himself, it was clear he was still uneasy around this man.
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Awakening in the Woods (Hollow) - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakening in the Woods (Hollow)

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:08 am

Xavier walked down through the forest with steps were as stealth as those of the wolves behind of them, with a calmed voice still feral he said.
"There's much you need to learn before fully understanding the meaning of 'Us', still the easy answer for your question is Yes, we're gathering with more of our kind.

The Beast slumbers within you and it will awaken with the least of the provocations, just like a rabid dog would, you can't reason with it, you can't train it. It's a wild nature that embodies everthing that is reckless and evil."

The forest was dark and dense in the amount of trees, the pitch of the floor beneath them was starting to tilt more as they were walking up the mountain. Around the forest was quite, no animal dared to do the slightless noise due to presence of the predators in their territory, the ultimate predators: vampires. After a short pause Xavier continued.

"Tell me more about yourself Barton. What's your history?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

https://newyorkbynight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Barton looked over to Xavier taking in his words. Barton took the news well and he was truly unique to most. After a moment he tilted his head and replied,

"Sire? I am from Flat Gap, Kentucky. Born an' raised, good ol' mountain boy. Ever been in our neck'a the woods?

Barton was nervous and continued without thinking trying to answer the question.

"I gotta tell ya sir. I ain't never seen no wolf like well... One like you. I been round' them all my life, Pa raised dogs. Hunting dogs. Ya know? Blue tick hounds, beagles, pit bulls you name it Pa raised em. Paw was a moon shiner from way back then, like my grand pappy. Yes sir. Even taught me how get from the Cumberland Gap all the way across the Midwest and east coast, sir. I know a thing or two bout' the woods.. I got into a bit of trouble a while back, so it came in useful when I was making my way from Flat Gap, with the "John Law" on my heels. Hell Sire, I was hell on wheels. Ain't got no family, hell never liked em much anyway. Been travelin' covering my tail for several years now. I ain't been found yet, maybe they forgot bout' ol' Barton ya know, Sire?"

Barton was use to the hike and it showed the boy knew his way through the woods.

"Well there is Amanda, the diva... But she ain't the gal I know. Pure evil that woman is. I was told her granny was found half eaten by insects. Hell... What all happened.... Trust me sir, I am scared as hell bout' what I am. I ain't gonna lie, but I am quick learner... Just tryin' to make sense of it all. I ain't gonna run though, Sire.. But I am hell on wheels, trust in that."

Barton then went silent and smiled slightly- Xavier could sense the struggle Barton felt within. But he was adapting better than maybe Xavier thought or was he?
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Xavier was a good listener, very empathic regardless of his beastial aspect, he heard every word of him with open mind and a soft expression in his face. The way was very long, the tilt was very inclined and for a human this would have been very tiring even in a good shape but for Barton it wasn't an effort at all, his muscles kept moving without even a feeling of disgust or exhaustation.

When Barton finished his words Xavier said.
"I like hicking, don't you? I've been most of my life in the wild, most part of it at the north of this Country, still spent sometime in Europe and went down south the East Coast. One has a lot of time when is immortal, I've seen many interesting places and met very interesting people.

You were brought here by the Providence, Hollow. You'll be an excellent Gangrel. That's the name of our Blood, our Clan, your new family. The ones we're about to meet are like your brothers, sisters and cousins. They will help you and teach in my absence, guide you in all your needs through the Night."

after a short pause he continues saying...
"Tell me more about this Amanda, was she your lover...?"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 pm

"Gangrel, I like the name and I like hiking out in the woods. It brings back a lot of memories.. I am looking forward to meeting the others.."

Barton got a bit more nervous and stopped a moment before talking about Amanda,

"She is from Flat Gap, like me. She and I were lovers at one point in time, but I was a rebel of sorts and... I ill be honest I kinda hurt the little girl. I was wrong in what I done, but I was young and foolish. She was my lover though and we were to be hitched but I never showed her how much she meant... I was foolish but you can't fight fate.. I'm learnin' that... Ya know?"
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Xavier nods comprehensively.
"I do"

Finally the couple reached a cave on one flank of the mountain, it was dark and seemed to be very deep. Xavier kept silence and walked inside followed by the two wolves in stealth movements almost like a ghost walking next to Hollow. Eventually darkness engulfed the both of them and Barton wasn't able to see anything in front of him. Hessitant of tripping he started to move making more noise tumbling and kicking little stones in the floor that he wasn't able to see anymore, Xavier seemed to have dispair since he was still moving unheard.

At that point two red embers like eyes appear in front of Barton, suddenly Xavier's voice breached the silence saying in his feral tone of voice.
"Are you afraid of the dark childe?" the voice alone was intimidating to Barton, much more considering the bright red eyes in front of him.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Barton froze up and then felt a bit of fear run through him. Was this all a plan to lure him into a trap? Barton took a step back and looked around trying to find his way in the darkness. Barton held out his arms to the side and looked to the set of red embers glowing in the darkness.

Barton then narrowed his eyes,

"..... I use to be. But I ain't afraid of much these nights. Been through hell more than once. Any simple guy would be afraid of something they are yet to know. But the darkness can be your friend.. Especially on long hauls, all you need is a patch of moonlight. And a twelve gauge shotgun can make fireworks in the night time. Ain't no need for aim with that piece of work. If I had one of those, I would say no."

Barton showed his rebel and survivalist side. Barton was scared but he had handled himself well so far this night. Barton stood his ground, and finally replied...

"I'm afraid of the dark though. I ain't gonna bullshit you, Sire. But my life has been nothing short of darkness. It just makes it harder to find your way out...."

Barton puffed up his chest steadying himself trying to maintain his composure. But it was hard for him to.
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Xavier echoing voice said again
"Forget your fear boy you're now the ultimate predator, Hunt and let your Blood guide you!"

The blazing embers vanished in a blink and Xavier's presence with them
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Barton went silent and after a few moments he replied,

"Xavier? Sire?"

Barton then looked around and backed up a bit and felt for his pack of matches in his pocket... Though they were soaked from the river. Barton muttered,

"Damn..."

He then slowly turned around and replied,

"That's all? Hello?"
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Just darkness and the echoing sound of his own voice...
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Barton looked up and then down and shook his head and replied,

"I'll see you around then... Might be a hard road, but I got on some good boots... Perhaps, it's true what they say..."

Barton turned and tried to feel his way back out the cave, feeling to the right of the wall to head out. He started on what he felt was the way out, looking for a ray of light or brighter direction to follow. Barton meanwhile thought, he sucked up his fate...

"I gotcha' Xavier....."

He muttered as he headed toward what he thought was the exit of the cave.... Barton was not ure of what to do now, but he would find out.
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Hollow walked touching the closest wall heading back to the entrance of the cave, after several minutes, more than there should have been he was still in pitch darkness, tripping and tumbling in the darkness. May be the cave had detours mid way, may be he just followed the wrong path. Whatever was the case, this wasn't good.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Barton hunched over and knelt down as he looked around once more. He held out his right hand and remained very still attempting to feel for a whisp of air.. Then he listened to the sounds of the cave for any sounds. Barton then began to think aloud...

"Moss grows towards the closest sign of light.... Feel for moss if you feel nothing Barton.... It always grows in the direction of the sun... If there is any sun light in this place... Think damn it..."

Barton then tried his first two attempts at figuring out his location.

Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Spoiler:
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Barton calmed down and started to think, he has been in the wild even before he was born you could say, due to generations of hunters and dog breeders. He knelt down and touched the moss on the wall in front of him, the air was viced because of that he could say that he was near to a dead end of the cave, the north was not in the right direction the entrance of the cave was straight north, this moss was on the wrong place or he was lost.

Knowing that he had mistaken the way, he started walking back again...

There was something special in this, the feeling of being in contact with Nature was indeed much more special than before, he felt almost a part of the cave in contact with the being around him, almost one more creature of it.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Barton felt more at ease than he had and this was different. This time he felt at home, he felt one with nature and it was almost comforting. Barton knew he was traveling the wrong way and started the long hike back following his senses. Barton walked faster, he become more brazen and less afraid. Something about this felt kin to him, like this was where he belonged. It was no longer about trying to find the way out but rather, exploring the darkness... It almost gave him purpose and like a child seeing the world for the first time... He was in awe at the sensations. His senses soared but he kept in mind his goal.. "To get out of this maze...."

Barton forgot the need for light and went with his senses. Barton continued on his journey, feeling of the moss. It seemed to speak to him and though he could not see in the darkness... He felt he did not have to... the words of Xavier echoed in his mind...

"The ultimate predator..."

Barton felt the change and what Xavier called the beast seemed to speak to him once more as he traveled alone.

"Sire? If you are listenin'.... If anyone is listenin' I think I understand... Actually I think I do....."

Barton then took note of other surroundings as he made his way back.
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Barton flowed with his instincts that now were powerful, always present, almost like the keen sense of a wolf. As much as he let them guide him the more comfortable he felt in the dark, the feeling of being so smooth, so harmonic with nature was overwhelming and driving for him.

Suddenly darkness retreated slowly almost like he was getting used to see in the dark and everything got coloured blood red... he was still inside of the cave, still engulfed in darkness but his eyes got so used to it. Everything was clear. And he was, his Sire and the two wolves sitting at the end of the cave, waiting for him, Xavier was sitting on a rock.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Barton went to rub his eyes and he stumbled a moment and winced as he shut his eyes, he then opened them once more and adjusted to the sudden change. Barton narrowed his eyes and replied,

"Xavier? Thought' you had gone.... I see red, Sire? Like... Brighter... What the..."

Barton smiled slightly and though he felt odd he accepted this change more now than he had before. What a gift.... But Barton still had questions,

"Did..... Did I do what you expected? What is this? I can... See you and the two with you....... Xavier, how?"

Barton rubbed his eyes once more and then looked to the three once more. Barton felt a sense of pride come over him. He felt as if he had accomplished something, then his mortal part spoke his behalf,

"Let me tell ya.... I was surprised and scared at first... But... You asked me if I was afraid... I fear no darkness, I suppose I should be thankin' ya, Sir. Er.. Sire. Will my sight always be like this? Xavier I could feel and even feel I have befriended the dark......"
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 pm

As Barton spoke the red blood fainted away again in full darkness, then his Sire, realizing that Hollow's blazing eyes had faded way said.
"Focus Childe, you need to concentrate. Be a Predator!"
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Barton tilted his head and replied,

"Be a predator? Ain't nothin' to predat... Preditate? I guess preditate bout'."

Barton lacked smarts and found this hard to register, it made no sense to him at the moment. As the red faded he muttered,

"Hell...."

Barton then went silent and lowered to his knees and stared at the ground looking to the ground. He did not know how to start, surviving was one thing but being a predator?

Barton closed his eyes and felt of the damp ground and then looked up once more his eyes closed... A frustration built up in him and he stared at Xavier and focused... Barton then turned his attention to one of the wolves.....

Barton's eyes narrowed and he focused on one thing that he had thought threatened his life.. The one thing he could be defensive about, suddenly a bit of anger emerged in him. He felt the cold water and the sensation of it flood his mind..

"Alright......."

Came his tone in a bestial growl.
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Being in full darkness, touching the soil beneath him, helped him to focus in his conection to Nature. He felt once more as a part of the cave, touching the dirt and concentrating on perils and other threaten in his past life. This time, as a result, he felt way too powerful to be cowed by those minor struggles that could have been an obstacle for a human but not for him, not now...

His predatory nature showed at him as the feeling of power, wild and untammed power, he was in did powerful than any other living creature, even those two wolves. As he let the feeling to overwhelm him again the red returned to his eyes.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Barton looked and focused on the one wolf and let his feelings of helplessness from earlier being submerged in water.....Turn to anger.... Barton never felt this urge in him and he accepted the change as his vision shifted...

".......Where do I start....."

Barton rose up and lifted his arms and lowered his jaw and let his feelings control his thought. He now stared down the wolf. Barton then looked to Xavier and bared his teeth. Then looked back to the wolf and outstretched his arms, Barton thought of his feeling of being helpless and protruded his head forward. Barton took in his beast deeply.....

"...With.... You?"

Barton let his fingers stretch out and he felt his anger grow... The more he thought on his earlier experience..... The more he lost himself...

"Shall you take me back to the river...."

Barton followed the orders of Xavier...... He felt the power..... Barton shook the more he went on his emotions, so feral.... His humanity faded.. Barton did not know nor understand his beast, but he was learning... The force was much stronger than he knew.
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 am

Xavier stood up from the rock and turning his back on Barton started walking deeper inside the cave. The two wolves followed him closely. Then he said.
"Catch up Barton. We're getting late"

Then after waiting for him to come closer Xavier continued saying
"Keep that thought Childe and try to relax. You don't need anger or violence to be a predator, just the certainty of your own power. Let Thy Blood guide you."

A gathering of many blazzing eyes was just ahead, the couple had almost reached the reunion.
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barton Hollow Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Barton took a deep breath and nodded as he proceeded to follow Xavier towards the gathering. Barton was trying to get a grip on these new feelings he now felt. Such raw emotion, he knew he had to be very careful. Barton replied,

"I understand.. Apologies."

Then he looked ahead to the other sets of feral eyes and he knew he was not alone. This was his new family. Barton awaited what came next.
Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow
Ancillae
Ancillae

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:03 pm

The cave chamber was large, there were several men, women and animals in it, still most of the creatures were a mix between beasts and humans, still almost none had the same animal features in their visage. The eyes of these human like beings were also blazzing like Xavier's the animal's eyes were not except for the eyes of a really big bear in the back of the cave and two big cats that were with the rest of the people.

For Barton his was very ackward, not just because he was seeing everything coloured red but due to the feeling that all these creatures projected, they were predators, like none he had met until now. Their body language was as complex as the wolves' was, by the time Xavier was walking among them going to the center of the circle they were sitting in th creature were mutturing to each other making feral noises as well as civilize words to communicate.

Once he got to the center Xavier growled streching his muscles and said.
"This is my Cub, his human name is Barton Hollow may he be recognize as a Gangrel from now on"

The Bear beast at the back of the cave came closer defying moving his head side to side and growling breaking through to face Xavier and said, the Bear actually spoke.
"Cub No Gangrel! Cub weak...!" with a guttural sound in his voice.

Xavier took a step forward and said
"He will be stronger, he'll be worthy of Thy Blood"

The Blazzing and intimidating eyes of the creature stared at Barton, it showed his teeth to him and was certainly the biggest bear he had ever seen. Bear said
"You'll be... strong. One moon... or I... kill... YOU!"

Awakening in the Woods (Hollow) - Page 3 Bear10
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Malakiel on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malakiel
Malakiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next